Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
As if I wasn't doing enough Gym training already...

OPEN CHALLENGE
6 vs 6 NFE Triples
2.5 Day DQs for everybody!
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena: Unown Soup with a Twist (of Lemon)
Standard Unown Soup arena, except the Unown are particularly afraid of lemon and somebody squirted some lemon into this soup! As a result, you'll have to grab them quick before they're gone! Each Trainer will, in addition to the 6 Pokemon they send to the ref, include one letter with each of their Pokemon. That Pokemon will have unlimited, exclusive usage of that letter- but no Pokemon may use any letter except the one they are PMed with. If both trainers pick the same letter for any of their Pokemon, the first trainer to submit their team gets that letter and the other will pick another while sending out their Pokemon at the beginning of the first round, regardless of whether or not they are sending out that Pokemon.
I love how my recent claims gave me exactly 6 NFE's :naughty:
Hell yes accepting although really Unown Soup can go screw itself XD
MINE! PM TEAMS!

Dropping last page's challenge.
Challenging iiMKUltra
10v10 Brawl (NFEs only)
2 recoveries/5 chills per mon
3 days DQ
Arena: Tournament arena

iiMK said via IRC that he'd accept...if we can find a ref.

Anyway, I need more battles.
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
Arena: Wetlands
Just somewhere nice and wet and outside. Water covers the entire arena and is shallow enough to stand in, but deep enough to duck under. Seismic Activity is allowed, but Dig can only be used by Pokemon capable of surviving underwater, because that's where the ground is.

I'll be using second stage mons but you can go ahead and use whatever.

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recoveries/Chills
Arena: Unown Soup
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
Sure, why not?

Items on, No Switch, no abilities
McReffing this

Open Challenge
6v6 NFE Singles (Cannot have evolved yet, 2 TC Rariry)
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
2 Day DQ (one-time 3 day extension for all parties)
Arena: Hyperbolic Time Chamber

That's right, the hyperbolic time chamber of Dragon Ball Z fame. Here, Gravity is always in effect. A la Subway, the strange environment allows for the success of all moves like Dive, Earthquake, etc. In addition, the weather cannot be manipulated; it instead fluctuates between two weathers: Extreme Heat (about 45 degrees Celsius), which gives a +3 boost to the BAP of Fire-Type moves and deals 1 damage for every 10 Energy a Pokemon uses during the round, and Bone-Chilling Cold (about -20 degrees Celsius), which gives a +3 boost to the BAP of Water- and Ice-Type moves and has a 20% chance of inflicting Freeze on Pokemon that use less than 6 Energy in a given action. Pokemon with extraordinarily weak constitutions (ex. Ditto, Grimer) cannot battle here, as they will collapse under the intense gravity.

Issuing two challenges because I have two open slots and a need to restore my W/L ratio to its previous awesomeness.

Challenge 1 (for Lord Jesseus, but if he rejects the challenge for any reason, it becomes open to anyone)
  • 3v3 singles
  • I will be using fully evolved mons. You can choose whether or not you do.
  • 2 recoveries, 5 chills
  • 3 day DQ
  • Arena: Mine cart ride
The arena is set in an underground mine (so any moves that require an outdoors arena such as weather, SolarBeam and Thunder are unusable). There is no external water source and, due to the nature of this battle, seismic moves (including Earth Power), digging and flying aren't allowed.

Throughout this battle, the two pokemon will be riding in mine carts on adjacent tracks that twist and turn through a large part of the mine. Thus, pokemon are forced to remain at close range. Once per round, a pokemon may use the Ram command, which has the following attributes:
  • Damage: Fixed damage equal to (1 + user's weight class - target's weight class)*5, or 2 damage if the user's weight class is less than the target's weight class
  • Energy cost: 7
  • Priority: +1
  • Secondary effect: Flinch
  • Effect chance: 50%, or 70% if the user's weight class is at least 3 more than the target's weight class

Challenge 2 (open to anyone)
  • 4v4 doubles
  • I will be using fully evolved mons. You can choose whether or not you do.
  • 2 recoveries, 5 chills
  • 3 day DQ
  • Arena: WarioWare, Inc.

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

Here are some optional images for the ref's use: Wario, Mona, Jimmy T, Kat and Ana, Dribble and Spitz, Dr Crygor, 9-Volt, Orbulon, Ashley, Young Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)