Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

What's a good bug type to round out my team's resistances (2 of my pokemon are weak to fighting and ground and I could really use a pokemon resistant to both)? I would go with Scyther or Yanma but they're banned so they're out. I was thinking Karrablast maybe?

It generally depends on the rest of the team, but Shelmet is a good Bug-type as it is capable of easily walling most Fighting- and Ground-types.

Alternatively if you need a different Pokemon, you could use something like Gastly who is immune to both Fighting and Ground, or a Flying-type such as Wingull or Ducklett?

Ok, how do you get hydropump on Staryu. It cant learn egg moves because you have to breed with ditto.
Your only option for getting HPump (Or any level up move, like Recover and Rapid Spin) is to breed in RSE (It might be only Emerald) and use the Pomeg Glitch.

Edit: Not sure if that link explains the glitch very well, but it shows a video for it.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You can post your team here, though make sure to read the RMT rules before posting there.

LC rules are here. Hope that helps!

Just for a bit of activity, has anybody tried Baton Pass in LC?

Whether it's teams dedicated to setting up something like Stored Power Eviolite Munna or SD+RP Gligar going to Totodile, is it a viable strategy?

Whether it's teams dedicated to setting up something like Stored Power Eviolite Munna or SD+RP Gligar going to Totodile, is it a viable strategy?
Gligar is banned though... .-.

Anyways, I really doubt that LC Baton pass is viable because unlinke OU, hyper offense is a viable play stall and baton pass will just fall to its hard attacks. There's also no Espeon so yeah :x

Baton Pass chain teams are actually viable if you can build the team really well. I've faced one Baton Pass chain team and I lost like 6 or 5-0.... so either Baton Pass chains are amazing or I really suck (Which could be it). :P

Gligar is banned though... .-.

Anyways, I really doubt that LC Baton pass is viable because unlinke OU, hyper offense is a viable play stall and baton pass will just fall to its hard attacks. There's also no Espeon so yeah :x
Oh, Gligar got banned this gen?

I only messed around with LC a tiny bit last time, so I wasn't too sharp on the details other than that knowing that Scyther is a broken piece of shit. I just figured that with the relative lack of phazing due to hyper offensive play, that baton pass could find a way to set up on good matchups and bp out into another member of the chain.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, Gligar got banned this gen?

I only messed around with LC a tiny bit last time, so I wasn't too sharp on the details other than that knowing that Scyther is a broken piece of shit. I just figured that with the relative lack of phazing due to hyper offensive play, that baton pass could find a way to set up on good matchups and bp out into another member of the chain.
It wasn't banned this generation persay, but it was banned in the last round of suspect testing. (So yes, it is banned.)

This may sound like a dumb question. But is Evolite allowed in this tier? That sounds way to overpowered.
Yes, Eviolite is allowed. Imo, it's not really broken. I think it balances out the tier and makes some potentially broken things easier to keep in check. That's just me, though :P

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright. I have no clue(Don't really play LC) I'll try testing it. You'd think it would be crazy broken. ty.
Some would argue that it is. A team of 6 pokes with evoilite is not uncommon, and for good reason.

I'm going to retry this LC thing again. I'll try Scraggy, Togepi, Archen, Snivy, Mareep, and Dratini. Now, from what I understand, there are move combantions that are "illegal" and EV training is limited? First, can I have some sort of chart on illegal move combos? And I wanna train Scraggy with Attack and Speed, along with some HP. Is there a calulator that can tell how much EVs are in each stats have so I can post that information too?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to retry this LC thing again. I'll try Scraggy, Togepi, Archen, Snivy, Mareep, and Dratini. Now, from what I understand, there are move combantions that are "illegal" and EV training is limited? First, can I have some sort of chart on illegal move combos? And I wanna train Scraggy with Attack and Speed, along with some HP. Is there a calulator that can tell how much EVs are in each stats have so I can post that information too?
Ok, answering your question one part at a time:

EVs: There are calculators out there, for sure. However, the best way is to simply open up Pokemon Online, change the Pokemon's level to 5, and then mess around with EVs until you see how many it takes to go up a stat.

Move legality: Most moves that a Pokemon gains by level up are legal, provided that the Pokemon is not genderless. For example, Golett learns Shadow Punch through level up, but is illegal as it is genderless. Other move legality / combo issues arise from Dream World abilities, which are not compatible with 4th gen move tutor moves or 4th gen TM moves.

Thanks and hope I helped!

Ok, answering your question one part at a time:

EVs: There are calculators out there, for sure. However, the best way is to simply open up Pokemon Online, change the Pokemon's level to 5, and then mess around with EVs until you see how many it takes to go up a stat.

Move legality: Most moves that a Pokemon gains by level up are legal, provided that the Pokemon is not genderless. For example, Golett learns Shadow Punch through level up, but is illegal as it is genderless. Other move legality / combo issues arise from Dream World abilities, which are not compatible with 4th gen move tutor moves or 4th gen TM moves.

Thanks and hope I helped!
This helped alot! But how about this set up?
Scraggy, Male
Item: Evolite
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves:
Rest
Bulk Up
Brick Break
Zen Headbutt
Would this be OK to use? Brick Break covers Dark, Steel, Rock, Normal, and can hammer more damage with Bulk Up. Zen Headbutt can take care of Poison and Fighting, plus more with Bulk Up. Rest heals 100% HP and can restore sleep quickly with Shed Skin. Bulk Up's Defense gain is used in combo with Rest/Shed Skin. Although Speed would be it's enemy, if it's stats with Bulk up are 3x used with Bulk Up, Scraggy could possibly OHKO any Pokemon, because everything can be hit. As I recall, Sableye and Spiritomb are banned from LC, correct? So Dark-Ghost typing isn't a worry.

EDIT: I actually am forgetting Zen Headbutt because he can learn moves like Stone Edge and Payback, which might be useful. Any thoughts?
Stone Edge beats: Flying, Bug, Fire, and can OHKO (with Bulk Up) almost all enemies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)