Parasect (Skeleton) (GP Approved: 2/2)

BST:
60/95/80/60/80/30

QC: Solace, Huy
NOTE: Edited title to spur this along. Not sure what else I need to do for the skeleton. Comments and criticisms more than appreciated.

[Overview]

<p>Parasect is one of the golden few blessed with access to Spore. Despite possessing worse bulk than Amoonguss and being unable to hold a candle to Breloom in terms of offense, Parasect has its own unique niche in the form of Dry Skin. Not only does this ability grant it surprising bulk in rain, Dry Skin also provides Parasect with recovery when hit by Water-type moves, a feature it can abuse with Rage Powder and a teammate's Surf. Unfortunately, Parasect's numerous weaknesses to common attack types in VGC make it difficult for this bug to pull off the goods. Nonetheless, it is capable of performing a very specialized supporting role, and is a worthy consideration for any rain team.</p>

[SET]
name: Rain Support
move 1: Spore
move 2: Rage Powder
move 3: Seed Bomb / X-Scissor
move 4: Protect
item: Leftovers
nature: Sassy
ability: Dry Skin
evs: 196 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Dry Skin gives Parasect the ability to recover a grand total of 18.75% of it's maximum HP every turn in the rain and with leftovers, giving him formidable bulk compared to other Spore and Rage Powder users. Parasect can also make use of Rage Powder alongside Dry Skin; partnering him with a Surf user in rain increases his recovery while also enabling him to redirect attacks away from your main attacker. Yes, you read that correctly; That's 43.75% HP recovery every turn, while your other Pokemon is protected and can fire away rain-boosted Surfs. Be cautious however, as Parasect's abysmal Speed calls for Trick Room support. While not entirely necessary for Rage Powder, which has a priority of +3, it is essential to allow him to use Spore effectively. Seed Bomb can be used to demolish Pokemon 4x weak to Grass-type attacks, such as Ground / Water or Rock / Water Pokemon, while X-Scissor is useful for hitting Latias and Latios, but will never OHKO them. Protect, a staple move of the doubles metagame, also helps Parasect gain an extra turn of HP recovery.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs and nature are as such because Parasect is mostly going to be sponging specially based attacks such as Heat Wave, Ice Beam, and Blizzard. A Sassy nature and 252 Special Defence EVs helps maximize Parasect's chances of surviving these special attacks. 196 HP EVs provides Parasect with the greatest possible Leftovers number, and also gives him a little bulk on the physical side, which may come in handy. Furthermore, his resistances to Fighting- and Ground-type moves help him tank many physically based assaults in VGC. Leech Seed can further contribute to Parasect's bulk, and can replace it's attacking move. However, doing so would leave Parasect completely helpless against a Taunt user, so one should be careful when considering this option. Toxic could be used as well, to get past other bulky Water-types.</p>

<p>Parasect is a pure support Pokemon, and thus requires a competent attacker to support; good choices to fill this role include Hydreigon, Dragonite, and Latios. Rage Powder can be useful, allowing your attacking Pokemon to safely set up a Swords Dance or use another boosting move, sacrificing Parasect to allow a teammate a free switch in. Another thing to take note of is Parasect's 4x resistance to Ground-type moves, which enable it to sponge most Ground-type attacks. Coupled with its immense recovery, Parasect makes an interesting and viable teammate to Earthquake users, such as Garchomp, Dragonite and Latios. Furthermore, in a clutch situation, it can serve as a guarantee that your attacking Pokemon will be able to finish off the foe.</p>

[SET]
name: Physical Attacker
move 2: X-Scissor
move 3: Seed Bomb / Rage Powder
item: Focus Sash
nature: Brave
ability: Dry Skin/ Effect Spore
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Parasect can be a pretty mean Sandman, thanks to its relatively respectable base 95 Attack stat. This Parasect plays fairly differently from the previous set as its goal isn't to tank attacks for its teammate, but rather take advantage of Trick Room with spore and its STAB attacks. Rage Powder is an alternative to Seed Bomb, however, as Parasect's dual STABs, Bug and Grass, have pretty terrible coverage. As this Parasect is more offensive in nature and prefers Trick Room support, it isn't as reliant on rain's Dry Skin recovery. As such, Effect Spore may be the better option to hope for hax, as Parasect won't be investing much into defences.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs make Parasect as strong and as slow as possible. The 252 HP EVs are in fact somewhat inconsequential, but if you did choose to use Dry Skin with this Parasect, it would at least allow Parasect maximum Surf recovery. One of Parasect's biggest strengths in this metagame is being a great Trick Room counter thanks to its abysmal Speed coupled with Spore, as well as its ability to 0HKO Latios and Latias with max Attack investment 100% of the time.</p>

<p>Using a Focus Sash carries its own risks. Abomasnow, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon all break Parasect's sash with their respective weathers, making Parasect a poor choice against such teams. Multi-hit moves and Fake Out also break Parasect's sash, often leaving him without the opportunity to do much at all. Furthermore, faster spore users will shut Parasect down before Trick Room has a chance to go up if you don't predict properly with Protect.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If you elect to use Effect Spore, Endure is an option over protect for the chance of Effect Spore hax. This isn't recommended for the Rain Support set, however, as the main use of Protect there is to recover HP. Substitute could also be used to give Parasect an additional buffer against attacks; this is particularly useful when coupled with a Surf user to aid recovery. However, the opportunity to pull this off will be rare. Parasect really requires X-Scissor to effectively damage Latios and Latias, so if you don't use X-Scissor, be sure that your team has a counter. Parasect can play similar to an Amoonguss or Tangrowth using Rage Powder and a sleep inducing move, but those two perform better with their superior bulk.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Thanks to its atrocious typing, mediocre offenses and poor Speed, it may be easier to describe what won't counter Parasect. With a 4x weakness to Fire- and Flying-Type attacks, as well as weaknesses to Rock-, Ice-, Poison-, and Bug-type moves, it's a good bet that at least one of the opponents will be able to hit Parasect super effectively. However, Parasect does have surprisingly good bulk, and in rain, the only attacks one really needs to watch out for are Flying-type moves from Pokemon such as Tornadus and other Acrobatics users. Faster Taunts from Pokemon such as Tornadus and Whimsicott, as well as faster Spores from Smeargle, Amoonguss, and Breloom also shut down Parasect, meaning Trick Room support is vital.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Parasect didn't get much from the Dream World. Competitively, Damp won't do much in VGC. It could be a surprise if you see a user of Explosion or Selfdestruct on your opponent's team such as Gigalith or Snorlax, though simply predicting and using protect will typically suffice. Parasect is also much better off running Dry Skin.</p>

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Protect and Endure run the same counter and thus can't be used to stall out indefinitely.

Also Dry Skin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Effect Spore

BURN PARASECT

breh

強いだね
ahahaha effect spore?

parasect is god on rain teams. it recovers so quickly that you often kind of lose track of it. if you leave it in rain, you will not have much fun.

also that last set looks awful.

the first set should have no aromatherapy slash and (IMO) X-scissor should be option one.

please don't theorymon analyses. playtest pokes first.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He said he's going to test it, it's just a placeholder atm.

The second set doesn't work, like Jibaku said, since Endure and Protect run on the same timer. Dry Skin also helps immensely with stalling; I'd try that on a stalling set.

Yeah, just found out Protect+Endure functions on the same counter, nerfing the second set (seriously, Prankster Murkrow could really make it work if it did work that way).

And yeah, Dry Skin in rain is great. I just predict weather battles to be inconsistent with all the weather spam going on. Most good teams should carry a weather counter anyways. I'll play around with it. It definitely helps with Parasect's fire weakness, but I'd rather tempt a flamethrower or something and switch in Flash Fire Heatran for win.

The one other thing Parasect brings > Amoonguss is a x.25 ground resist, meaning it could potentially partner with an Earthquake user/ switch in to earthquakes and pretty much laugh off the damage, whilst retaining everything that amoongusss brings.

Dry skin is just so unimaginative... I'll get on it. Haha.

I can't help but think that Rage Powder should be slashed with something, because Amoonguss runs pretty much the exact same set, bar Water immunity (it still resists it though) and Giga Drain, so unless your team calls for it, I'd say Rage Powder is better left to Amoonguss/Tangrowth. Also Protect goes in the fourth moveslot always.

Alright, edited and Dry Skin accepted. I was being silly wanting to use Effect Spore :P

Also, I've found that parasect, coupled with surf, actually gives him a niche in Rage Powdering, since he's going to recover an extra 25% HP on top of the 18.75% he gets from rain+leftovers.

breh

強いだね
amoonguss!=parasect simply because of dry skin's healing. Parasect heals FAST in the rain. if your weather poke is dead and parasect is out, you are possibly screwed.

the set needs substitute somewhere, now that I look at it.

amoonguss!=parasect simply because of dry skin's healing. Parasect heals FAST in the rain. if your weather poke is dead and parasect is out, you are possibly screwed.

the set needs substitute somewhere, now that I look at it.
Sub in additional comments over X-Scissor or Protect? I dunno if there's really room on the set for sub...

I'd save it for additional comments personally.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Please check the formatting, you have several errors with sections. You need a counters section, and there should not be a team options/specific counters header. Substitute should be mentioned in OO, not AC.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
i dont think that parasect can make much use of a sassy nature, its defenses are too low (60/80/80). brave is the best nature, with a focus sash / yache berry as the main items. please change EVs to 252 hp / 252 atk / 6 spD. parasect also really likes having both seed bomb and x-scissor or else its walled by lati@s, please mention that in oo.

jibaku dont kill me

i dont think that parasect can make much use of a sassy nature, its defenses are too low (60/80/80). brave is the best nature, with a focus sash / yache berry as the main items. please change EVs to 252 hp / 252 atk / 6 spD. parasect also really likes having both seed bomb and x-scissor or else its walled by lati@s, please mention that in oo.

jibaku dont kill me
o.O

That's completely counter-intuitive to the whole point of the set. Parasect's only advantage over Amoonguss/Breloom is Dry Skin. If you give it a Focus Sash you may as well just be running an Amoonguss, unless you really want that STAB X-Scissor (It's funny because I wasn't saying that at all at the start of this analysis). It'd definitely 1HKO the Lati@s twins... but you'd lose your only reason to use Parasect over something like Breloom, which can hit harder and spore faster (though it still doesn't get Lati@s twins, but the point is you lose versatility).

I don't think Parasect is incapable of running that sort of spread, I'd just like to have a second opinion before I edit it in. I'd add that with 252 EV investment and a Sassy nature, base 80 gives you 284 SpDef at lvl 100 (145 at level 50). For some perspective, Bold 252HP/Def Blissey has 306 SpDef at lvl 100. So Parasect definitely can tank attacks from that side of the spectrum with EV investment, and most importantly heal it off through dry skin+leftovers+surf healing.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
AlphaOmega and I have both used Sassy Parasect and it most definitely is viable. On a rain team sassy support Parasect can sit there keeping things asleep while acting as a sort of Trick Room counter. I believe that there should be both a support Parasect and an offensive Parasect should be mentioned.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
On a rain team sassy support Parasect can sit there keeping things asleep while acting as a sort of Trick Room counter. I believe that there should be both a support Parasect and an offensive Parasect should be mentioned.
parasect king has spoken n_n

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
C&C policy is to keep set names standard; something along the lines of "Physical Attacker" is more appropriate than Brave Bug, however good it may sound.

remove add comments

<p>Parasect is one of the golden few blessed with access to the move "Spore." Spore. Despite possessing worse bulk than Amoonguss and being unable to hold a candle to Breloom in terms of offense, Parasect has its own unique niche in the form of Dry Skin. Not only does this ability grant it surprising bulk in rain, Dry Skin also provides Parasect with recovery when hit by Water-type moves, a feature it can abuse with Rage Powder and a teammate's Surf. Unfortunately, Parasect's multiple numerous weaknesses to common attack types in VGC make it difficult for this bug to pull off the goods. In comes Dry skin, Parasect's unique niche. Nonetheless, it is capable of performing a very specialized supporting role, and is a worthy consideration for any rain team.</p>

feel free to rewrite this bit (later parts too) especially if you think i'm giving a wrong impression of the mon - i'm afraid i don't play any vgc whatsoever, so yeah. you definitely need to elaborate more on the overview though

[SET]
name: Spore imo something more descriptive like rain supporter would work better
move 3: Seed Bomb<space>/<space>X-Scissor
evs: 196 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpD/ 60 Def
IV: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Dry Skin gives Parasect the ability to recover a grand total of 18.75% of its maximum HP every turn through leftovers+rain recovery in the rain and with Leftovers, giving him formidable bulk compared to other Spore/Rage Powderers Spore and Rage Powder users. Parasect also utilizes rage powder through dry skin, Parasect can also make use of Rage Powder alongside Dry Skin; partnering him with a Surf user (in rain) means he receives even more increases his recovery (~25%), and can while also enabling him to sponge redirect attacks away from your main attacker. Yes, you read that correctly; that's 43.75% HP recovery every turn, whilst rain-boosted surfing your opponent while your other Pokemon is protected and can fire away rain-boosted Surfs. Be cautious however, as Parasect's abysmal Speed calls for TR Trick Room support. It's While not entirely necessary for Rage Powdering,<comma> which has a priority of +3, but it is essential to allow him to use Spore effectively. X-Scissor is useful for hitting Lati@s twins, though it won't be able to 1HKO them ever. Seed Bomb can be used to demolish 4x weak ground/water and rock/water types, if it's worth the moveslot on your team. you generally want to talk about the first slashed move first Seed Bomb can be used to demolish Pokemon 4x weak to Grass-type attacks, such as Ground / Water or Rock / Water Pokemon, while X-Scissor is useful for hitting Latias and Latios, but will never OHKO them. Protect is useful for ,<comma> a staple move of the doubles metagame, also helps Parasect gain an extra turn of HP recovery, amongst simply being protect in VGC. Parasect's .25x resistance to ground can help sponge ground attacks. Coupled with recovery, partnering Parasect with an Earthquake user won't be the end of the bug. moving this to AC</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV'<remove>s and nature are as such because you're Parasect is mostly going to be receiving sponging specially based attacks from the special end (Heat Wave, Ice Beam/Blizzard) than from the physical (Rock Slide/ Acrobatics?) such as Heat Wave, Ice Beam, and Blizzard. A Sassy nature and 252 Special Defence EV'<remove>s helps maximize Parasect's chances of surviving these special attacks from the special end. 196 HP EV'<remove>s gives Parasect the optimal leftovers recovery provides Parasect with the greatest possible Leftovers number, and still also gives him a little bulk on the physical side when required ,<comma> which may come in handy. Furthermore, his resistances to Fighting- and Ground-type moves help him tank a large part of the physical side of many physically based assaults in VGC. Leech Seed can further contribute to Parasect's bulk if you were to slash it in over it's ,<comma> and can replace its attacking move. Leech Seed leaves Doing so would leave Parasect completely helpless against a Taunt user,<comma> however, so one should be careful when considering this option. Toxic stall could be used as well, to get past other bulky Water-types.</p>

<p>Parasect is a pure support-type Pokemon, and thus requires a competent attacker to support; good choices to fill this role include.... Rage Powder can be useful in allowing your attacking pokemon to safely set up a Swords Dance or use another boosting move, whilst sacrificing Parasect for a switch to allow a teammate a free switch in. Another thing to take note of is Parasect's 4x resistance to Ground-type moves, which enable it to sponge most Ground-type attacks. Coupled with its immense recovery, Parasect makes an interesting and viable teammate to Earthquake users, such as... Furthermore, in a clutch situation, it can be clutch in guaranteeing serve as a guarantee that your attacking Pokemon will be able to finish off their pokemon the foe if you're losing in a speed battle.<p>

[SET]
move 3: Seed Bomb<space>/ Rage Powder
ability: Dry Skin<space>/ Effect Spore
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk<space>/ 4 SpDef SpD
IV: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Parasect can be a pretty mean Sandman, thanks to it'<remove>s relatively respectable base 95 Attack stat, better comparatively in a metagame with level 50 pokemon. This Parasect plays fairly differently from the "Spore" previous set as it'<remove>s goal isn't to try and be bulky tank attacks for its teammate, but rather just take advantage of Trick Room, spore and hit hard with Spore and its STAB attacks. Rage Powder is slashed in for an alternative to Seed Bomb,<comma> however, as Dual STAB's of bug and grass its dual STABs, Bug and Grass, have pretty terrible coverage. Using the best move for your team can at least give Parasect some options. This Parasect doesn't focus on rain recovery as much, as it's prepared to be one-shotted. As this Parasect is more offensive in nature and prefers Trick Room support, it isn't as reliant on rain's Dry Skin recovery. As such, sometimes Effect Spore may be the better option to hope for hax, as Parasect won't be investing much into defences.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV's are maximized to EVs give Parasect as strong and as slow an X-Scissor he can get as possible. The 252 HP EV'<remove>s are in fact somewhat inconsequential, but if you did choose to use Dry Skin with this Parasect, it would at least allow Parasect maximum Surf recovery. One of Parasect's biggest strengths in this metagame is being a great Trick Room counter thanks to it'<remove>s abysmal Speed coupled with Spore, as well as being able its ability to 1HKO the Lati@s twins OHKO Latios and Latias with max Attack EV investment 100% of the time.</p>

<p>Using a Focus Sash carries it'<remove>s own risks. Abomasnow, Tyranitar,<comma> and Hippowdon all break Parasect's sash with their respective weathers, making Parasect a poor choice against teams with these pokemon on them such teams. Multi-hit moves and Fake Out also break Parasect's sash, often leaving him without the opportunity to do much at all. Furthermore, faster sporers Spore users will shut Parasect down before Trick Room has a chance to go up without Protect prediction if you don't predict properly with Protect.</p>

[Other Options]

<p><remove space>If you wanted elect to use Effect Spore, you could run Endure over protect to give Parasect Endure is an option over Protect for the chance for of Effect Spore hax. This isn't recommended for the "Spore" set, however, as the main focus use of Protect there is to recover HP. Substitute could also be used to protect Parasect when he's got free time (usually requiring prediction) give Parasect an additional buffer against attacks; this could be is particularly useful when coupled with a Surf user to aid recovery, but However, the opportunity to pull it this off will be rare. Parasect really requires X-Scissor to hit the Lati@s twins effectively damage Latios and Latias, so if you don't use X-Scissor,<comma> be sure that your team has a counter. Parasect has the ability to run similar sets to Amoonguss and Tangrowth consisting of what, but you're better off leaving it to those two as they'll do a better job of it those two do it better with their superior bulk. </p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p><remove space>Thanks to its atrocious typing, mediocre offenses and poor Speed, it may be easier to describe what won't counter Parasect might be easier to describe. With a 4x weakness to Fire- and Flying-type attacks, and 2x as well as weaknesses to Rock-, Ice-, Poison-,<comma> and Bug-type moves, someone out there is going to it's a good bet that at least one of the opponents will be able to hit Parasect super effectively. With Parasect's bulk, and rain up however However, Parasect does have surprisingly good bulk, and in rain, the primary type only attacks one really needs to watch out for are flying users like are Flying-type moves, such as from Tornadus and other Acrobatics users. Furthermore, a physical fire, rock, ice or bug attack from a competent user will be able to 1HKO Parasect. contradicting yourself..? if all these moves are problematic then don't single out flying-type moves Taunt users who are faster than Parasect, or opposing spore users like Smeargle, Amoonguss and Breloom are all faster than Parasect as well Faster Taunts from Pokemon such as..., as well as faster Spores from Smeargle, Amoonguss,<comma> and Breloom also shut down Parasect, meaning Trick Room support is vital.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Parasect didn't get much from the Dream World. Competitively, Damp won't do much in VGC. Using damp It could be a surprise if you see an explode-user a user of Explosion, such as..., on your opponent's team, though simply predicting and double protecting is probably more viable using Protect will typically suffice. Parasect is also much better off running Dry Skin.</p>
GP Approved (1/2)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Placeholder. Working on top of sirn's check.

EDIT:

Add
Remove
Comments
[Overview]

<p>Parasect is one of the golden few blessed with access to the move Spore. Despite possessing worse bulk than Amoonguss and being unable to hold a candle to Breloom in terms of offense, Parasect has its his own unique niche in the form of Dry Skin. Not only does this ability grant it him surprising bulk in rain, Dry Skin also provides Parasect with recovery when hit by Water-type moves, a feature it can abuse with Rage Powder and a teammate's Surf. Unfortunately, Parasect's numerous weaknesses to common attack types in VGC make it difficult for this bug to pull off the goods. Nonetheless, it he is capable of performing a very specialized supporting role, and is a worthy consideration for any rain team.</p>

[SET]
name: Spore (as sirn suggested, I also recommend changing the name to Rain Supporter or something)
move 3: Seed Bomb / X-Scissor
evs: 196 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpD
IVivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Dry Skin gives Parasect the ability to recover a grand total of 18.75% of its maximum HP every turn in the rain and with Leftovers, giving him formidable bulk compared to other Spore and Rage Powder users. Parasect can also make use of Rage Powder alongside Dry Skin; partnering him with a Surf user in rain increases his recovery while also enabling him to redirect attacks away from your main attacker. Yes, you read that correctly; that's 43.75% HP recovery every turn, while your other Pokemon is protected and can fire away rain-boosted Surfs. Be cautious however, as Parasect's abysmal Speed calls for Trick Room support. While not entirely necessary for Rage Powder, which has a priority of +3, it is essential to allow him to use Spore effectively. Seed Bomb can be used to demolish Pokemon 4x weak to Grass-type attacks, such as Ground / Water or Rock / Water Pokemon, while X-Scissor is useful for hitting Latias and Latios, but will never OHKO them. Protect, a staple move of the doubles metagame, also helps Parasect gain an extra turn of HP recovery.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs and nature are as such because Parasect is mostly going to be sponging specially based attacks,[add comma] such as Heat Wave, Ice Beam, and Blizzard. A Sassy nature and 252 Special Defence EVs help maximize Parasect's chances of surviving these special attacks. 196 HP EVs provides Parasect with the greatest possible Leftovers number, and also gives him a little bulk on the physical side, which may come in handy. Furthermore, his resistances to Fighting- and Ground-type moves help him tank many physically based assaults in VGC. Leech Seed can further contribute to Parasect's bulk, and can replace its attacking move. However, doing Doing so would leave Parasect completely helpless against a Taunt user, however, so one should be careful when considering this option. Toxic could be used as well, to get past other bulky Water-types.</p>

<p>Parasect is a pure support Pokemon, and thus requires a competent attacker to support; good choices to fill this role include(!ADD EXAMPLES HERE!). Rage Powder can be useful,[add comma] in allowing your attacking pokemon Pokemon to safely set up Swords Dance or use another boosting move, sacrificing Parasect to allow a teammate a free switch in. Another thing to take note of is Parasect's 4x resistance to Ground-type moves, which enable it to sponge most Ground-type attacks. Coupled with its immense recovery, Parasect makes an interesting and viable teammate to Earthquake users, such as(!ADD EXAMPLES HERE!). Furthermore, in a clutch situation, it can serve as a guarantee that your attacking Pokemon will be able to finish off the foe.<p>

[SET]
move 3: Seed Bomb / Rage Powder
ability: Dry Skin / Effect Spore
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Parasect can be a pretty mean Sandman, thanks to its his respectable base 95 Attack stat. This Parasect plays fairly differently from the previous set as its his goal isn't to tank attacks for its his teammate, but rather take advantage of Trick Room with Spore and its his STAB attacks. Rage Powder is an alternative to Seed Bomb, however, as its Parasect's dual STABs, Bug and Grass, have pretty terrible coverage. As this Parasect is more offensive in nature and prefers Trick Room support, it he isn't as reliant on rain's Dry Skin recovery. As such, Effect Spore may be the better option to hope for hax, as Parasect won't be investing much into defences.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs give make Parasect as strong and as slow an X-Scissor as possible. The 252 HP EVs are in fact somewhat inconsequential, but if you did choose to use Dry Skin with this Parasect, it would at least allow Parasect maximum Surf recovery. One of Parasect's biggest strengths in this metagame is being a great Trick Room counter thanks to its his abysmal Speed coupled with Spore, as well as its his ability to OHKO Latios and Latias with max Attack investment 100% of the time.</p>

<p>Using a Focus Sash carries its own risks. Abomasnow, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon all break Parasect's sash with their respective weathers, making Parasect a poor choice against such teams. Multi-hit moves and Fake Out also break Parasect's sash, often leaving him without the opportunity to do much at all. Furthermore, faster Spore users will shut Parasect down before Trick Room has a chance to go up if you don't predict properly with Protect.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If you elect to use Effect Spore, Endure is an option over Protect for the chance of Effect Spore hax. This isn't recommended for the Spore set, however, as the main use of Protect there is to recover HP. Substitute could also be used to give Parasect an additional buffer against attacks; this is particularly useful when coupled with a Surf user to aid recovery However, the opportunity to pull this off will be rare. Parasect really requires X-Scissor to effectively damage Latios and Latias, so if you don't use X-Scissor, be sure that your team has a counter. Parasect has the ability to run similar sets to Amoonguss and Tangrowth (consisting of what, !ADD EXAMPLES HERE!), but those two do it better with their superior bulk.[remove space]</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Thanks to its his atrocious typing, mediocre offenses and poor Speed, it may be easier to describe what won't counter Parasect. With a 4x weakness to Fire- and Flying-type attacks, as well as weaknesses to Rock-, Ice-, Poison-, and Bug-type moves, it's a good bet that at least one of the opponents will be able to hit Parasect super effectively. However, Parasect does have surprisingly good bulk, and in rain, the only attacks one he really needs to watch out for are Flying-type moves from Pokemon,[remove comma] such as from Tornadus and other Acrobatics users. Faster Taunts from Pokemon such as(!ADD EXAMPLES HERE!), as well as faster Spores from Smeargle, Amoonguss, and Breloom also shut down Parasect, meaning Trick Room support is vital.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Parasect didn't get much from the Dream World. Competitively, Damp won't do much in VGC. It could be a surprise if you see a user of Explosion, such as(!ADD EXAMPLES HERE!), on your opponent's team, though simply predicting and using Protect will typically suffice. Parasect is also much better off running Dry Skin.</p>

When you have added examples where it says "(!ADD EXAMPLES HERE!)" and made the other changes (you must do this), this is:

GP Approved 2/2

Copy and paste into the OP to get sirn's changes in as well, but remember to remove all the red text and make the blue text black. Also, unbold everything and remove any comments in "green". A VGC mod can also upload this directly but if one do, you need to add examples where it's stated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)