Official(!) Smogon University PO Stats -- September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garchomp is quite high in usage in UBERS.
I do feel like it's a good UBER mon with more slower dragons and all just going around.
However, I'm not quite sure why so many are using the SD set (by PO stats, it's the most used chomp variant).
I'd assume it's not too great in UBERS...am I wrong or...?
Not sure. I see a lot of SDChomps and I wasn't too sure of this myself.
I'd assume scarf set is great but don't know jackshit about the SD set or if it's worthy of being the 14th most used/top uber mon.

UU stats look way off.

| 30 | Hippopotas | 3074 | 7.044% |

| 41 | Stoutland | 2140 | 4.904% |

Nobody uses hippo without stoutland. This shows how bad the fluctuation is and, while I'm amazed, impressed, etc. that you took the time to compile these, I wouldn't trust these stats to determine any tiers.

There's an easy way to look into this, what I call the "full team method." I'll post what I find.

Nice to see mew usage rising... only .2 more percent and you are OU mew :). Suprised to see that mamswine didn't make the cut considering how much he rose in useage the last couple months and all of the thinks like thundurus and dragonite everywhere. The uu dropoffs look intreseting to say the least most of them look like they are gonna fit in that tier just fine.

Darmanitan... UU... what the fuck! This guy RAPES on my sun team. Just RAPES.

Chandelure I can understand, he's like E-vire if E-vire was portrayed sympathetically. I gotta say I knew he'd underwhelm back when he was all the hype. And now... just wait until Shadow Tag, guys. He'll be back...

Hippo... I'm surprised. He's a good wall and great sandstream user with reliable recovery. Sorry dude, we wish you well in UU. And by that I mean we want you banned there.

One last thing. Why isnt Blaziken used more in Ubers?! He rapes shit up down there. Blaziken is freaking amazing in Ubers, he's underrated as shit.

Not sure. I see a lot of SDChomps and I wasn't too sure of this myself.
I'd assume scarf set is great but don't know jackshit about the SD set or if it's worthy of being the 14th most used/top uber mon.
i've fought a few good SS UBER teams with Sub+SDChomps and they were bitches to fight off.

Comments on stats:

Uber:
-Kyogre is number one, not a surpirse.
-Arceus broke into the top 5... we all know it deserves that.
-Free set-up has surpassed Zekrom...

OU:
-Tyranitar is #1
-Rotom is till really high...
-Dragonite enetered the top five, which is totally reasonable thanks to Multi-Scale.
-Haxorus went up.
-Mew got screwed again.
-Swampert is still OU!

UU:
-Chadelure, Machamp, Whimsicott, Porygon2, and Hippo all dropped.
-Stoutland is going to be even more grossly common.
-Golurk, Cresselia, and Rhyperior are now UU.
-The sun sweepers dropped.
-Mamo is still UU):
-Snorlax went up(:

RU:
-Blastoise is #1. Sure, it's good, but is it really that good?
-Sceptile is still RU):

Aeromence said:
who here thinks Hippowdon and darmanitan will be banned from UU?
I do

Cresselia is now UU. The RU community is at peace from one piece of broken shit. But now... Everyone shall face the unadultered wrath of Porygon-Z!!!!!!

... Except for freaking Munchlax

| 10 | Alakazam | 2827 | 8.309% |
| 32 | Munchlax | 1812 | 5.326% |
| 265 | Sableye | 34 | 0.149% |

Well, I see all three going to top 5 with Cress and Blastoise gone.

UU:
-Chadelure, Machamp, Whimsicott, Porygon2, and Hippo all dropped.
-Golurk, Cresselia, and Rhyperior are now UU.
-The sun sweepers dropped.

RU:
-Blastoise is #1. Sure, it's good, but is it really that good?
-And so BL gained another strong special and another strong physical attacker, as well as a Ground type wall (with Chansey still mucking about, I doubt P2's going anywhere, and Whimsicott won't be too ground-breaking IMO)
-Cress and Rhyperior I understand, but why the hell Golurk? I mean, its not bad, but its not great either....
-You're surprised?
-No, Blastoise isn't that good. It just has Rapid Spin and nice defenses. Its completely overrated.

UU stats look way off.

| 30 | Hippopotas | 3074 | 7.044% |

| 41 | Stoutland | 2140 | 4.904% |

Nobody uses hippo without stoutland. This shows how bad the fluctuation is and, while I'm amazed, impressed, etc. that you took the time to compile these, I wouldn't trust these stats to determine any tiers.
There's an easy way to look into this, what I call the "full team method." I'll post what I find.
Full-team method gives:
Code:
 | 35   | Hippopotas      | 1675   |  5.634% |
 | 43   | Stoutland       | 1399   |  4.705% |
I need to sit down and do an in-depth analysis to figure out what the tiering difference would be.

Just curious, what are the chances that these stats and tiers will be made official because I am kinda liking how the tiers and usage are shaping up.

Well, do we have enough RU data to start up the NU tier now?
I would think so, and I would like it, I think the consensus of the mods is that UU and RU are still too volatile.

Also, can you please get the DW OU/ Ubers stats up? Thanks in advance Antar :D
hey can you post 4th gen ou stats?
Done!

Just curious, what are the chances that these stats and tiers will be made official because I am kinda liking how the tiers and usage are shaping up.
That's a very good question. The mods will hopefully be making some decisions in a couple of days.

I doubt most things in uu range will go uu probobly bl. As for ou we will see at the end of this round how much the metagame changes.

One of two things will happen. Either there will be no UU bans (or like one... dibs on Hippo) or almost all the new UUs will be banned. Hopefully the former. It's 4th gen OU reunion with Deejay Darmanitan.

Full-team method gives:
Code:
 | 35   | Hippopotas      | 1675   |  5.634% |
 | 43   | Stoutland       | 1399   |  4.705% |
I need to sit down and do an in-depth analysis to figure out what the tiering difference would be.

Wait, how can the full team method results in LESS USAGE than the log analysis one ?

full team only measures teams who were revealed in their entirety, so a team who had only 5 pokes revealed (because they either won or forfeited) would result in 5 usages in the main method but none in the full team method

(and theres a rule that a poke can only drop one tier each cycle)

Raw stats give (usage of this Pokémon in battle)/(usage of all Pokémon in battle).
Full team method gives (usage of this Pokémon on teams)/(usage of all Pokémon on teams).

I don't know how Antar does it but assuming it's accurate it makes sense that Hippopotas would go down in usage. Especially considering it's essentially only used when its ability to set up Sandstorm for the rest of the team is needed.

Edit: Oops.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Vaporeon, Swampert OU ? wtf ?...

These things are shit and it's funny to see Tornadus UU. I guess he will be fine in UU without drizzle to support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)