Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I challenge Fire Blast to a 1v1 Singles! 2 hour DQ, no recoveries or chills.

Arena: Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
That's right, the hyperbolic time chamber of Dragon Ball Z fame. Here, Gravity is always in effect. A la Subway, the strange environment allows for the success of all moves like Dive, Earthquake, etc. In addition, the weather cannot be manipulated; it instead fluctuates between two weathers: Extreme Heat (about 45 degrees Celsius), which gives a +3 boost to the BAP of Fire-Type moves and deals 1 damage for every 10 Energy a Pokemon uses during the round, and Bone-Chilling Cold (about -20 degrees Celsius), which gives a +3 boost to the BAP of Water- and Ice-Type moves and has a 20% chance of inflicting Freeze on Pokemon that use less than 6 Energy in a given action. Pokemon with extraordinarily weak constitutions (ex. Ditto, Grimer) cannot battle here, as they will collapse under the intense gravity.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Issuing 2 Open Challenges

Challenge #1

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Using FE Mons
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves bar Sandstorm will fail, No Water Source, no Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 3 Damage, +/- 1 for each time they are weak to/resist Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground moves used by non-Ground Pokemon have -1 Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that have abilities that activate under Sandstorm will activate under a Mudstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Challenge #2

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Using FE Mons
Arena: Opponent's Choice, as long as it isn't either the ASB Tournament Arena, or Unown Soup, or any slight variations of the aforementioned arenas.

Challenging SoS

2v2 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 recoveries/chills
Arena: Mt. Totem

15,673 feet up in the clouds, Mt. Totem looms over Ilex forest. Nothing particularly special about the arena apart from the dense cedar woods, soft clay earth, and the eighteen totems that seem to tower over the competitors in a small clearing. If a totem is broken, it will summon a Braviary to its defence. Weather may be used, and no particular water scource.
Bring it.

One Ability
Switch = divide by zero.
No items. Fox Only. Final Destination.

For the benefit of the ref if I'm offline by the time we get one, I'll be choosing from SQUIRTLE, Golett and Ferroseed.

We can haz reffage? And cheezburger?

yea what she said^

1v1
1 day dq, 2 for refs
no recovers/chills
standard arena
accepting EM when the psot comes, switch=ko, all abilities, no items
Hey there, attractive male/female/other. I have this one match I need reffed, and you, my friend, are the one. I don't want any second-rate moron reffing this match, but hoo boy, I can tell. I can tell that if you ref this battle, you and I will definitely have the time of your life. Guaranteed. Seriously. Don't leave me hanging. I'll even throw in a pair of shiny, shiny Ref Counters to line your probably-stuffed pockets. Limited time offer. Don't throw yourself at me in gratitude, a simple "all hail Darkamber8828" would do.

Accepting IAR's Challenge #2.

Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=Ok
Arena: My gym arena:

In the dusty deserts of the US Southwest, a strange and mystical cliff dwelling hides, carved out of the edge of a cliff. Though a major tourism spot, Leethoof has commandeered it for use of a ROCK GYM ARENA. The desert environment provides no external water, though pokemon may use their internal water sources to fill some of the kivas (underground churches basically) for use of Surf and Muddy water if they desire so. As the area is a frail overhang, any seismic activity will shake the roof a lot, causing a Rank 3 STAB Rock throw to crush all pokemon (though rock-types expect and take half damage), though it will never fully do so. In addition, the Southwest has a very fickle and dry climate (and maybe a tyranitar hiding offstage), so a Sandstorm will renew itself every other round, starting from the beggining of the battle.

Summary: No external water, semi-permenant sandstorm renews itself at the start of every other round, seismic attacks cause STAB Rank 3 Rock Throw to hit all pokemon (half-damage to rock-types)

Prepare to get owned (read: free win).

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Right then...
NFE, doubles or triples, your choice. (if FE, requesting match be made training)
1 Day DQ
Arena: Your choice. As long as it's not ridiculously biased and it's not the soup. ASB is fine.

Open challenge:
3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ
NFE mons only
Unlimited recoveries/chills
Opponent chooses arena
Mine.

Switch = OK
Items = Off.
All abilities.
Editing with arena now.

Arena: The Thunderstorm (potential Gym)
Field Type: Electric
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves will fail, permanent rain, no seismic activity, no Digging, but Diving allowed, no plant-life.

Description: High above the land, there is an aerial platform, held in midair by jets. This platform is surrounded by a black thundercloud, and if it weren't for the floodlights, it would be in pitch black. This is SoS' domain. The platform is 50 feet by 50 feet in area, with each trainer at one end. It is nothing more than a metal platform, meaning moves that require a natural environment like Grass Knot will fail. The exception to this is moves that require a water source - as the cloud itself is made of water, it can be used for Surf, etc. Pokémon can even dive into it, as nonsensical as that sounds. At the end of each round, there's a 30% chance of a lightning strike, essentially a STAB Thunderbolt from rank 3 SpA. There's an even chance of it hitting each Pokémon, but it can only hit ONE target. (ie there's a 50% chance for each if there's 2, 25% if it's 4, etc.)

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus potential lightning strike at the end of each round.

Mid-stage battle time. Giving out two challenges, both with the same specifics.

2v2 doubles
1 day DQ
No recover or chill
Arena: Anything that isn't ASB or Unown Soup

Also, I'd like to request that Items be turned on, and that whoever accepts this will be able to wait until my prize claim has been approved. Never mind, accept whenever.

Mid-stage battle time. Giving out two challenges, both with the same specifics.

2v2 doubles
1 day DQ
No recover or chill
Arena: Anything that isn't ASB or Unown Soup

Also, I'd like to request that Items be turned on, and that whoever accepts this will be able to wait until my prize claim has been approved.
Accepting

switch=lol
items=on
abilities all

ref needed

I'm issuing two identical challenges;

1v1 Strongmon
1 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena; I'll go with ASB Arena.

You can pick a different arena if you must.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CHALLENGING USER FIRE BLAST

6vs6 Brawl
2-day Player-DQ / 4-day Ref-DQ (DQ time starts with each reffing post)
Infinite Recovers / Infinite Chills
Arena: Fire Blast's Arena

Lolz I have a lot of items.

All Abilities
Items On
No Switching

Arena: Several pillars above a volcano. The pillars are big enough for a pokemon to easily stand on one pillar with enough space. A pokemon cannot fall into the lava below because there is glass to stop them. However, falling will limit what the pokemon can do until it gets back up. Since each pokemon is separated by space between the pillars, slower bulky pokemon like Blastoise might have a hard time swiftly moving across the pillars to reach the other pokemon. On the on the other-hand, agile pokemon such as Infernape would have an easier time swiftly moving across the pillars. The heat from the volcano does not allow Rain or Hail to be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)