Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepting Elevator's challenge

Switch=OK
Items On
One Ability

Arena:
Description: Deep within the confines of Mount Coronet, there lies a place unlike any other. This circular area is a flat cavebed that is 100 meters in diameter. In the center lies a huge column of rock 20 meters in diameter extending from the floor to the ceiling about 60 meters up (basically, the place is huge). Running up the column is a ledge about 5 meters thick that curls around it (Sort of like the thread in a screw). Seismic disturbances constantly coat the area in a thick sandstorm that can't be canceled due to the ceiling. Sadly, there's no water source for moves like Surf and weather moves cannot be used but everything else goes.

Recently, Maxim modified the arena for his gym arena. The included effects include a Sturdy trait for all Rock types due to the sandstorm. Also, an aquifer was discovered under the rock that allows for Surf and similar moves, but no diving.

Summary: Eternal Sandstorm, Indoor Arena, No External Water Source (Surf allowed), Sturdy trait given to rock types.

Hows that for suprising! :P

Taking Leethoof vs. IAR and EM vs. Maxim, PM teams.

Also putting up another challenge.
3v3 Singles
Switch=OK
Infinite recovers/chills
3 day DQ
NFEs only (middlemons OK, single-stage are not)

Arena: UNOWN SOUP :D

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Open challenge:
3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ
NFE mons only
Unlimited recoveries/chills
Opponent chooses arena
Mine.

Switch = OK
Items = Off.
All abilities.
Editing with arena now.

Arena: The Thunderstorm (potential Gym)
Field Type: Electric
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves will fail, permanent rain, no seismic activity, no Digging, but Diving allowed, no plant-life.

Description: High above the land, there is an aerial platform, held in midair by jets. This platform is surrounded by a black thundercloud, and if it weren't for the floodlights, it would be in pitch black. This is SoS' domain. The platform is 50 feet by 50 feet in area, with each trainer at one end. It is nothing more than a metal platform, meaning moves that require a natural environment like Grass Knot will fail. The exception to this is moves that require a water source - as the cloud itself is made of water, it can be used for Surf, etc. Pokémon can even dive into it, as nonsensical as that sounds. At the end of each round, there's a 30% chance of a lightning strike, essentially a STAB Thunderbolt from rank 3 SpA. There's an even chance of it hitting each Pokémon, but it can only hit ONE target. (ie there's a 50% chance for each if there's 2, 25% if it's 4, etc.)

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus potential lightning strike at the end of each round.
Still looking for someone to ref my battle against Shadoo.

Issuing 2 Open Challenges

Challenge #1

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Using FE Mons
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves bar Sandstorm will fail, No Water Source, no Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 3 Damage, +/- 1 for each time they are weak to/resist Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground moves used by non-Ground Pokemon have -1 Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that have abilities that activate under Sandstorm will activate under a Mudstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Challenge #2

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Using FE Mons
Arena: Opponent's Choice, as long as it isn't either the ASB Tournament Arena, or Unown Soup, or any slight variations of the aforementioned arenas.
ToastTyrant13 said:
Accepting IAR's Challenge #1

One Ability
No Items
Switch=lol
Still lookin' for a Ref, anybody interested? Some nice easy RT before Gymmmmsssssss. :>

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WHO WANTS TO LOSE TO MY DELIBIRD?!?!?!

OPEN CHALLENGE
1v1 Singles
0 Recover / 1 Chill
1 Day DQ
Arena: A Tundra. Flat. Tons of Snow. Nothing else.

I bring Delibird. You bring someone to lose to Delibird. Sound good?

EDIT: Oh god, this should be so much fun.

I WILL REF THIS

However, there is one conditional.

Head Smash clause: All able Pokemon must use the move Head Smash at least once a round.

Open challenge:
6v6 Brawl
1 Day DQ (2-3 for Ref)
LC mons only
recoveries/chills (like your use any of them)

I love this Field

An Ancient Coliseum where every attack can be used, there's enough water in the channels around the battlefield, but Dark attacks will have their power halved.

Challenging SoS

2v2 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 recoveries/chills
Arena: Mt. Totem

15,673 feet up in the clouds, Mt. Totem looms over Ilex forest. Nothing particularly special about the arena apart from the dense cedar woods, soft clay earth, and the eighteen totems that seem to tower over the competitors in a small clearing. If a totem is broken, it will summon a Braviary to its defence. Weather may be used, and no particular water scource.
Bring it.

One Ability
Switch = divide by zero.
No items. Fox Only. Final Destination.

For the benefit of the ref if I'm offline by the time we get one, I'll be choosing from SQUIRTLE, Golett and Ferroseed.
Is there a reason my matches keep getting ignored?

1v1 Singles
Send only ONE Pokemon to the Ref
1 Recover/3 Chills
1 Day DQ (36 Hour for Ref)
Standard ASB Arena

Requesting that Items are on (If you only want Exp. Share like items, I'm okay with that. Just say so)

New match.

Combee.v.1 Singles (No W/L/T)
0 Recover/0 Chill
1 Day DQ
Accepter's Choice Arena

Me: Using a Combee with Exp. Share.
You: Getting counters for mercilessly devastating something with three whole moves.

Also, bump for 2v2 Doubles with Steampowered, and 1v1 Strongmon with XVI.

New match.

Combee.v.1 Singles (No W/L/T)
0 Recover/0 Chill
1 Day DQ
Accepter's Choice Arena

Me: Using a Combee with Exp. Share.
You: Getting counters for mercilessly devastating something with three whole moves.
This sounds like a plan to me.

Switch=KO
Items=On
Abilities=All

I'll ref Kaxtar once he finds an opponent. PM me your 'mons.

Also, open challenge!

3v3 NFE Doubles (AKA Training Match)
DQ: 2 days
Recover: 2
Chill: 4
Arena: Accepter's choice.

1v1 Singles
Send only ONE Pokemon to the Ref
1 Recover/3 Chills
1 Day DQ (36 Hour for Ref)
Standard ASB Arena

Requesting that Items are on (If you only want Exp. Share like items, I'm okay with that. Just say so)
I'll accept this.

Items On
Abilities 1
Switch = Can you count?

Since we already have a ref I'll just PM my poke.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
4v4 BRAWL [Training]
3 Day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chills, though I doubt we'll be needing them.
Simple arena.

Let's keep pumping this iron! (That would be a good line if I was going for Steel, but whatever).

I'll ref Kaxtar once he finds an opponent. PM me your 'mons.

Also, open challenge!

3v3 NFE Doubles (AKA Training Match)
DQ: 2 days
Recover: 2
Chill: 4
Arena: Accepter's choice.
Dropping my unclaimed challenge to take this.

Items on
All abilities
Switch = KO

Arena: ASB Arena, I guess.

Also, can I get a ref for my battle against Steampowered on the last page?

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
4v4 BRAWL [Training]
3 Day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chills, though I doubt we'll be needing them.
Simple arena.

Let's keep pumping this iron! (That would be a good line if I was going for Steel, but whatever).
You lose too much when I'm not reffing your brawls(okay you lost once), so yeah, reffing this

Me and Gerard still need a ref for our 1v1.

Also issuing another 1v1 singles Strongmon challenge
1 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena; ASB arena, or acceptor's choice

EDIT: Also reffing Toast v. Random. PM me teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)