Official(!) Smogon University PO Stats -- September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Which set of Antar's stats are the official ones? By which method will Smogon's tiers be determined?
Maestro's method (not the full-team method). This is just a temporary fix until the server gets updated and is able to record full teams.

Hell yeah Darmanitan. I hope he gets the victini treatment (OMGZ BROKENZ then no one bans it), I've been DYING to make a zen mode set in a less powerful metagame.

Hippowdon in UU? Gtfo, dont need OU's weather shit coming in on UU. Borderline most likely.

Hippowdon in UU? Gtfo, dont need OU's weather shit coming in on UU. Borderline most likely.
implying that auto-Sand isn't already in UU >_>

I don't disagree that Hippo would probably be a monster in UU (I've played very little UU, but...). However, I will absolutely rofl if you think it's the auto-Sand that would make it broken.

implying that auto-Sand isn't already in UU >_>

I don't disagree that Hippo would probably be a monster in UU (I've played very little UU, but...). However, I will absolutely rofl if you think it's the auto-Sand that would make it broken.
I know that sand is in UU already. On hippopatos. And he isn't very good, only as a physical wall really, and ss teams arent bastardizing the UU meta like weather in OU. Hippowdon would change that, because he is too good for UU, I have high expectancies that ss teams could become centralizing to UU if hippowdon stays for a while. As of now, hippopatos for ss teams is nice, because there aren't a lot of them in UU as far as I'm concerned, and so it becomes a small niche team that adds to variety, like trick room.

I really rarely see Lucario in any of my OU matches. When I do see Lucario ussualy they just wanna spam out a pretty strong close combat so I switch to gliscor then I switch to Rotom to check for the ice punch and proceed to kill/ force the switch when he does or volt switch into whatever he brings in on gliscor. I dont think I have been sweeped or severely maimed by Luc on any of my OU teams.
I just dont really see him as that much of an OU poke, especially considering nobody ever talks about him.

I really rarely see Lucario in any of my OU matches. When I do see Lucario ussualy they just wanna spam out a pretty strong close combat so I switch to gliscor then I switch to Rotom to check for the ice punch and proceed to kill/ force the switch when he does or volt switch into whatever he brings in on gliscor. I dont think I have been sweeped or severely maimed by Luc on any of my OU teams.
I just dont really see him as that much of an OU poke, especially considering nobody ever talks about him.
I send in Luke against your TTar. You switch to Gliscor as I NP, gg.

Hippowdon in UU? I'll train a Hippowdon and use it for the time being but I'm keeping my LV 100 Hippopotas just in case :p

Porygon 2 seems nasty, but at least there's Machamp but then comes the problem of Slowbro or Cresselia.....

I dont think +2 Luc both OHKO's Gliscor with Dark Pulse and OHKO's Excadrill with +2 Vacuum wave, forgive me if I am wrong.
Excadrill vs +2 Modest LO Vacuum Wave = 135.08% - 159.12%.
Yeah, that isn't a good idea

Standard Defensive Gliscor vs. +2 Modest LO Shadow Ball = 81.64% - 96.05%
I'm sure he won't be feeling too good after that.

Edit: No hard feelings, I forgive you.

I dont think +2 Luc both OHKO's Gliscor with Dark Pulse and OHKO's Excadrill with +2 Vacuum wave, forgive me if I am wrong.
+2 LO Modest Lucario Dark Pulse does 55-65% to Max HP/SDef Gliscor, 98-116% against Neutral

Vacuum Wave does 75-89% against even Max HP/SDef Excadrill.

This definitely doesn't seem accurate from the games I have played, which seems interesting. I haven't seen too many Gliscors or Ferrothon's.

Weather is still prime as both Tyranitar and Politoed are in the top 5. If either Excadrill or Thundurus get banned, it will be interesting to see the effect they have on the metagame. I would guess a rise in more offensive and frail pokemon, and the end of Ttar's reign at 1.

Doesn't need to Pulse Gliscor. HP Ice to the dome. Actually, Modest OHKOs Drill at +0. You forget Luke's Base 115 SpA stat.
If he carrys HP ice Excadrill and Terrakion are going to wreck his shit, so HP Ice is not a big threat, also alot of shit will outspeed him if you dont run that. Also now that I think about it, I might just keep gliscor in and might just KO him with EQ and with Poison heal I actually could use him later in the match, if it gets KO'd I would just revenge it with Rotom who I realize is a better counter than Excadrill.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Why were Chansey and Dugtrio not moved to OU? Are we using a different formula or something?

@Below post; I had honestly not noticed the lack of 3.41%, thank you lol

Why were Chansey and Dugtrio not moved to OU? Are we using a different formula or something?
OU doesn't have a specific number of Pokemon that forms it. It previously was 53 because a Pokemon with at least 3,41% of usage is considered OU (which 53 Pokemon had this amount of usage). Dugtrio and Chansey may be #53 and #52 respectively, but they do not have enough usage to be considered OU.

Therefore, OU now has 48 Pokemon instead of 53.

I know that sand is in UU already. On hippopatos. And he isn't very good, only as a physical wall really, and ss teams arent bastardizing the UU meta like weather in OU. Hippowdon would change that, because he is too good for UU, I have high expectancies that ss teams could become centralizing to UU if hippowdon stays for a while. As of now, hippopatos for ss teams is nice, because there aren't a lot of them in UU as far as I'm concerned, and so it becomes a small niche team that adds to variety, like trick room.
Well let me ask you this. In OU, for example, people use Politoed and Ninetales pretty commonly, obviously. But these two Pokemon are shit. They are only used because the benefits of their weather can set up menacing sweepers.

My question is, if Sand has equally frightening abusers (proportionally) in UU, then why don't people use Hippopotas more? My question is, if Sand in UU has the potential to be so good and centralizing, then Hippopotas being mediocre doesn't hold any water, because people are clearly willing to use bad Pokemon for their weather if the weather sweepers are good enough.

You could argue that Sand is good, but not that good. But that it would become that good with the entrance of Hippowdon. But then it's Hippowdon being broken, not the Sand itself.

edit: Whoa, I just realized how hard Zapdos fell in usage (in OU). Poor guy. :(

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well let me ask you this. In OU, for example, people use Politoed and Ninetales pretty commonly, obviously. But these two Pokemon are shit. They are only used because the benefits of their weather can set up menacing sweepers.

My question is, if Sand has equally frightening abusers (proportionally) in UU, then why don't people use Hippopotas more? My question is, if Sand in UU has the potential to be so good and centralizing, then Hippopotas being mediocre doesn't hold any water, because people are clearly willing to use bad Pokemon for their weather if the weather sweepers are good enough.

You could argue that Sand is good, but not that good. But that it would become that good with the entrance of Hippowdon. But then it's Hippowdon being broken, not the Sand itself.

edit: Whoa, I just realized how hard Zapdos fell in usage (in OU). Poor guy. :(
Then we are reminded of Vulpix, who was much more of a deadweight than Hippopotas and yet... well.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Funny to see how as soon as Ninetales goes to the top 20, Darmanitan moves to UU. lol
It's because Darmantian cant compete with Infernape (and even he's dropping). Darmanitan to infernape is like Machamp to Conkeldurr.

Also, I'm surprised at Tangrowth's usage. For something that can take on Excadrill/Terrakion I expected a much lager spike in usage.

If he carrys HP ice Excadrill and Terrakion are going to wreck his shit, so HP Ice is not a big threat, also alot of shit will outspeed him if you dont run that. Also now that I think about it, I might just keep gliscor in and might just KO him with EQ and with Poison heal I actually could use him later in the match, if it gets KO'd I would just revenge it with Rotom who I realize is a better counter than Excadrill.
How do either one of those pokes wreck his shit if they both have a fighting weakness?

It's because Darmantian cant compete with Infernape (and even he's dropping). Darmanitan to infernape is like Machamp to Conkeldurr.

Also, I'm surprised at Tangrowth's usage. For something that can take on Excadrill/Terrakion I expected a much lager spike in usage.
I wouldn't go that far. Darmanitan definitely hits harder than infernape, I think its just the lack of a fighting stab and he has to run a scarf that makes infernape better.

Just wait till Conkle gets his dream world and he can truly outclass champ.

How do either one of those pokes wreck his shit if they both have a fighting weakness?
Standers NP lucario runs NP/Aura Sphere/ Dark Pulse, and then either Vaccume wave or HPice, without HPice, Terrekion and Excadrill outspeed and OHKO

Standers NP lucario runs NP/Aura Sphere/ Dark Pulse, and then either Vaccume wave or HPice, without HPice, Terrekion and Excadrill outspeed and OHKO
You should be running Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse, simply because it grants perfect neutral coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)