Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
That's still pretty ridiculous, and two other people have given more resonable offers... sorry :/

FINAL PARTY:
1. Wosha-ott the Oshawott. Must switch out upon taking a critical hit. After learning focus energy, must use focus energy before attacking. Can become Dewott after 10 crits and Samurott after 15 more. Must solo Clay and 3 E4 pokemon.
2. Master C. the Bisharp. Must solo 8th gym and all possible incarnations of N.
3. Basculin (who I shall name Krillin for no apparent reason). Must have adaptability and cannot use TMs or HMs.
4. Aqua the Maractus. Must have water absorb. Moveset must contain synthesis, ingrain, and an absorb-family move at all times. Must use synthesis every time its hp hits the red (ingrain if synthesis is PP-less)
5. 1337 the Pansear. Can only know 1 fire-type move at a time, must evolve at lvl 33, and must solo 7 gym leader pokemon.
6. NotCrafty the Sandile. Must fight every Scraggy/Scrafty for two turns. Must use a status move followed by strongest attack on all other dark/fights. Must solo a member of the E4.

Will start this when I get on top of my schoolwork.

Haven't started yet. But I will be updating here throughout.

EDIT: Axmaster, the restrictions are all on my request for a challenge post

@zdrup15

zdrup15 said:
EndQuote said:
Aw, man, Zdrup.
My Nuzlocke of Diamond came down to a Kricketune and a painfully under-leveled Wooper, and I still managed to pull it off.

But if you insist on rejecting the mustachioed bug-type, take a Buizel and name it Need4Speed.
This Buizel has a serious addiction to acceleration, so it can only use certain moves.
Priority moves: (Aqua Jet and Quick Attack)
Moves that boost speed: (Agility)
Swift. (Get it? Because he's...nevermind)

If it is raining, he can use whatever moves he wants, because he is fast enough with Swift Swim anyway.

It must solo every trainer in a gym except the gym leader to evolve.
It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four, all three belonging to different trainers.
Well, I've finished a scramble with pokemon such as stantler and gastly (I had to solo a scrappy miltank with it but even at lv 35 I couldn't beat the lv 20 miltank...) so that's not the problem. I just hate that moustache.

Your poke has a loop I'll take. If it has rain dance on its movepool it can use any attack after only one turn xD Thanks, I'm now done!
Actually, he'd only be able to USE Rain-Dance if it's already raining.
Worst. Loophole. Ever.

@RaptorRuler, catch a Krabby in Olivine City. But this isn't your Pokemon, trade it to the fisherman who wants to trade in Olivine City and recieve Billy the Voltorb. It is upset that he was traded for a Water Pokemon so it must solo Misty and any other Water Pokemon belonging to a Gym Leader/E4 member. It may never run from a Water Pokemon, or switch out against one, so it must defeat it or faint trying. If he faces a Water/Ground, another team member may defeat it only after he faints. He may learn any move you want to teach him but may only evolve after defeating Chuck's Poliwrath, Pryce's Seel and Dewgong, and Clair's Kingdra. Good luck!

Pave the way for a Diamond scramblocke ala Its A Random. Rules will be as in IAR's White scramblocke, except it's my Diamond.
  • Firstly, instead of taking the usual 12 Pokemon, I'll be taking Pokemon as if it was a Normal Nuzlocke
  • So it isn't confusing, the Pokemon I get are planned in advance, where you guys give me the Pokemon.
  • 1 Pokemon caught per Route/Cave/Whatever, with interactive Pokemon, gift Pokemon & traded Pokemon not counting towards the limit, with no duplicates.
  • I'll not be asking for all Pokemon all at once. Instead, I'll be asking for them in waves.
  • Each user can give up to 4 Pokemon maximum for the entire Scramblocke, 1 per wave. I will keep track of this.
There's the differences, now for the Nuzlocke part, the in-game rules...
  • If a Pokemon faints, it is boxed in a dead box permanently unless specified.
  • Instead of the first Pokemon on a Route rule, I will catch the Pokemon available in that particular area that I was assigned.
  • Nicknames are Mandatory, however, I decide the nicknames, not you guys. Also, they'll follow a theme, & that theme will be Smogon Users...
  • If I were to "Black Out", & I have any living Pokemon in the PC, then I can continue. Game Over is either when I succeed in reaching the Hall of Fame, or all Scramblemons I have obtained to that point have all died.
And now, the rules for the Challenges
  • Diamond Version.
  • I can trade evolve.
  • Easy-Medium Difficulty.
  • No Mandatory solos/KO's (eg. Solo every regular trainer in the game), since there's no guarantee I can fulfill them. Requirement solos/KO's (eg. Solo 10 Trainers to evolve) on the other hand, are acceptable.
  • You may not give any restrictions involving any major Trainer Battles (eg. Rival, Gym Leaders, Commanders, E4, & anything else I missed). I want to formulate my own tactics for these battles.
  • All Pokemon must be able to fully evolve.
  • Specify which area the Scramblemon appears.
  • No duplicate Pokemon or any "You may not exceed (Level)" challenges.
  • Drudgery is a no, but Grinding is a yes.
  • Remember to follow the rules above.
  • Reserving the right to say no to challenges.
  • Don't reserve ff's.
  • ~Golden Emp, 2
  • auramaster, 4
  • Axmaster68, 2,3,4
  • Brazilian Guy, 2,3,5
  • Dummy007, 2
  • EndQuote, 1,3,4,5
  • Erzz, 1
  • Its_A_Random, 1,4
  • Jimera0, 2,4,5
  • King Serperior, 4,5
  • Newby n0Ob, 1,2,3,4
  • Oh My Biscuits, 5
  • Sage Chow, 3
  • shinyskarmory, 1,2,3,5
  • Son_of_Shadoo, 5
  • Super Saiyan, 2,3,4,5
  • TalkingLion, 1,3
  • TM13IceBeam, 1
  • Vratix, 1
  • yaya0, 3
  • Ziposaki, 2
where bold means out of waves.

• Piplup: Must be male; always know the following move set: Glider, a Flying type move; Rocket, a priority move; Launch Ramp, an Ice type move; and a move of choice; evolve to Prinplup after Gardenia, and Empoleon after Byron (shinyskarmory)
  • Bidoof (Route 201): Doesn't like HM's until Level 29 when it evolves and learns Amnesia, after which it must know Amnesia and 3 HM moves (TM13IceBeam)
  • Starly (Lake Verity): KO the first 10 Starly and catch the 11th; cannot evolve until all members in current party are fully evolved, same with second evolution if some members are replaced; cannot be boxed (Vratix)
  • Shinx (Route 202): Use STAB only after Charge; after evolving replace Charge with Swagger, use Swagger as soon as it switches in; once a Luxray all restrictions are lifted (EndQuote)
  • Budew (Route 204 South): Once it learns its first four moves, only three more it can learn (Its_A_Random)
  • Kricketot (Route 203): Must solo 5 Pokemon with only Bide to evolve; must solo 10 grunts to be used in the E4 (TalkingLion)
  • Geodude (Route 207): Can only fight solo, except for double battles; if it and its partner do not switch in a doubles, it will be able to switch with that member; if fighting a trainer with more than one Pokemon, it can be switched out after it nets a KO; evolve whenever (Erzz)
  • Onix (Oreburgh Coal Mine): Cannot learn Rock Throw until after Roark; after learning DragonBreath, it must be its only attack besides a Ground type move and Rock Throw (Newby n0Ob)
  • Abra (traded): Must use Hidden Power every other turn (Newby n0Ob)
  • Zubat (Oreburgh Gate): Must always use Leech Life before any other moves; if it solos Gardenia, restriction becomes optional; evolve into Golbat like normal, but must keep Leech Life to become a Crobat, after which the Leech Life restriction is back in place (Super Saiyan)
  • Psyduck (Ravaged Path): Only use STAB until evolution, after which no STAB (shinyskarmory)
  • Pachirisu (Valley Windworks): Only use moves that a Pikachu normally learns (Jimera0)
  • Drifloon: Must know two Ghost moves and Selfdestruct/Explosion, SR for Aftermath Ability, must solo 100 Ghost Pokemon to evolve (Dummy007)
  • Buizel (Route 205 South): Use moves that involve spinning its tails; must know one special attack and one status move that doesn't spin; evolve after soloing 50 Pokemon with tails, after which same restrictions apply, except must also be with Shellos/Gastrodon as much as possible (Axmaster68)
  • Murkrow (Eterna Forest): Must know two Dark attacks; OHKO 10 Ghost or Psychic-type Pokemon to evolve (Brazilian Guy)
  • Shellos West Sea (Route 205 North): If a boy, no special attacks and don't face Electric types, evolve after accepting 10 Carbos, after which no physical attacks and don't face pink males; if a girl, no attacking when below half and don't face Grass or Electric types, evolve after participating in Beauty and Cute contests, after which must know attacks of four different types and don't face Electric types (Ziposaki)
  • Ponyta (Route 211 West): Must use Stomp (Tackle before it learns Stomp) twice every time it's switched in; cannot evolve into Rapidash until it learns Flare Blitz (~Golden Emp)
  • Chatot (traded): Can only use physical attacks until it solos another Chatot (Newby n0Ob)
  • Stunky (Route 206): Must KO opposing Pokemon with 7 different moves to evolve; once it evolves, only use any moves from Skuntank's gen4 analysis (yaya0)
  • Bronzor (Wayward Cave 1F): Only Trick Room and attacks allowed (shinyskarmory)
  • Cranidos: Evolve at Level 43; must keep Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, and Head Smash; OHKO 10 flying Pokemon with Head Smash (Super Saiyan)
  • Machop (Mt. Coronet South): Keep four attacks incuding a special attack and Karate Chop; number of times it may evolve = number of Pokemon it soloes with Karate Chop alone (Axmaster68)
  • Meditite (Route 208): Never learn Psychic attacks; solo 5 different species of Psychic Pokemon with Fighting attacks to evolve; switch out of a Psychic Pokemon as a Medicham (Brazilian Guy)
  • Happiny (egg): After Level 5, must use Copycat at least once every time it's sent out; number of times she may evolve = number of Pokemon she soloes with Copycat alone (EndQuote)
  • Mime Jr. (Route 209): Copycat 10 attacks over 80bp each to evolve; upon evolving choose screens or Copycat + Role Play as mandatory moves; use either combo once during a gym battle to use in e4 (Sage Chow)
  • Gastly (The Lost Tower): Must know Night Shade; solo 25 Pokemon with Night Shade alone to evolve; solo 30 more to evolve again; as Gengar it must know 4 of: Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast (TalkingLion)
  • Spiritomb: Must keep Faint Attack; win 2 normal and 1 higher contests to unlock move 2; solo 10 trainers to unlock move 3; be at Level 40-45 inclusive by Byron to unlock move 4 (Its_A_Random)
  • Pichu (Trophy Garden): Know Thundershock and 2 status moves; fourth move cannot be Electric or status; act as if Tormented (Super Saiyan)
  • Wooper (Route 212 South): Cannot use Water moves until below half HP (EndQuote)
  • Skorupi (Great Marsh): All its moves use its mouth (King Serperior)
  • Wingull (Route 213): Cannot use special STAB other than Brine (Newby n0Ob)
  • Girafarig (Route 214): Must know Dark or Ghost move and use it first turn in battle; cannot use moves that help teammates (Jimera0)
  • Hippopotas (Ruin Maniac Cave): Move set depends on first 4 types pulled from Metronome (auramaster)
  • Chingling (Route 210 North): Must know at least two sound moves; use only those moves to solo either any 15 trainers or a combined total of 60 wild Pokemon on Route 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 (Axmaster68)
  • Tentacool (Route 218): Only STAB including support (Jimera0)
  • Riolu: Must keep Endure and Reversal at all times; to evolve, must use Reversal on 1hp ten times (EndQuote)
  • Gible (Wayward Cave B1F): Never use moves of 95 accuracy or better; must know Dragon Rush and a status move; evolve into Gabite whenever, but must flinch a combined total of 15 wild and 10 trainer-owned Pokemon to evolve again (King Serperior)
  • Cleffa (Mt. Coronet North): Learn and keep Sweet Kiss and a grass move to evolve; its other moves cannot be the same type as each other (Super Saiyan)
  • Sneasel (Route 216): Must keep Calm Mind at all times; solo 15 Fire-types by Calm Minding before attacking, then switch out against the next 10, to learn Ice and Dark attacks; learn one of each, which must be kept at all times, to evolve (Brazilian Guy)
  • Snover (Route 217): Must learn Blizzard ASAP; evolve before Candice; must know moves of four different types; never use Wood Hammer as Abomasnow (Son_of_Shadoo)
  • Mantyke (Sunyshore City): Solo 15 male Pokemon it has a disadvantage against, at least 5 of which owned by male trainers, to evolve (Oh My Biscuits)
  • Remoraid (Route 223): Must fish for with Good Rod; only Pokemon to be fished; must know 3 beam moves to evolve; must learn Hyper Beam by level up; solo 5 trainers with Hyper Beam before Elite Four (shinyskarmory)

Oh, that reminds me: I need an easy Black Scramble for a friend of mine. This friend is very new to pokemon, so it needs to be easy, but not no restrictions. I'll give the friend 8 to choose from.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Axmaster68, give your friend a Tepig named Snouty.
Snouty wishes he were a faster Pokémon, like Jolteon or Ninjask.
As such, he must use Flame Charge immediately every time he is sent out. (After level 15)

@Axmaster68, give your friend Batman the Woobat. It wants to be Batman so it must know a Dark attack at all times. It must also always have a Psychic and Flying move. The last move should be Status. It must be used in every battle with N. No evolution Restrictions. I hope your friend has fun.

You are both accepted for my friend. The team so far:
-Snouty the Tepig(use flame charge every time he/she enters battle after lvl 15)
-Batman the Woobat(must have a dark move, psychic, a flying move, and a status move, and must be used against N every time.)
-
-
-
-
-
-
2 down already, only 6 more!!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ax, your friend can have a Darumakka. It can only know 2 physical attacks and must solo one pokemon from every gym leader.

Both accepted. Team so far:
-Snouty the Tepig, who will use Flame Charge right away after Tepig is sent in after lvl 15.(Endquote)
-Batman the Woobat, who will know 1 dark, 1 flying, and 1 status move along with psychic.(Super Saiyan)
-Blitzle, who must not evolve until it singlehandedly KO's 2 of Skyla's pokemon.(Texas Cloverleaf)
-Darumakka, who must have no more than 2 physical attacks, and will solo any 8 total pokemon from 4 or more gym leaders(sorry I had to change it in case there would be more, but 8 pokemon will still be soloed).(Walrein)
-
-
-
-
Only 4 more!! Halfway there!! Yay!

Tyranitarphantom, take a Taillow and name it Gutsy.

Gutsy doesn't like to learn new moves, so it can only use Peck until it completes some tasks, in order.
The Gauntlet:
1) Solo a trainer who has at least one Pokémon who resists the flying-type. You may now use Focus Energy.
2) Get a critical hit in two out of three battles in a row.
3) Get a trainer-owned Pokémon to minus-six attack with Growl before KOing it. You may now use Quick Attack.
4) Quick-Attack ten flying-types, to prove your speed. You may now use Double Team.
5) Get to plus-six evasion in a gym battle. You may now use Endeavor.
6) Use Endeavor when you have between 1 and 5 HP. Gutsy must have been sent out with full HP.

If you complete all these tasks, you may use whatever moves you want and you may evolve Gutsy to Swellow.

No matter what, Gutsy must solo Norman, every trainer in his gym, and at least three Pokémon in the elite four.
Good luck!

Tranitarphantom, if you want REALLY SUPER hard, then here you go: you get Humble the Petilil. Humble's family was always using the annoying super powerful moves and boosting moves all the time, so Humble, being the most humble member of her family, must never use a move over 40 BP, and never use a boosting move. Also, Humble loves to help his allies and his opponents, so Humble must know Helping Hand and After You ASAP, and must never use the moves in their places, EVER, or be forced to face a level 1 penalty, which will be mentioned later. The only attacks Humble can use are Absorb and Mega Drain, and she only gets one at a time, to keep the health of all high, and to keep her from those mean taunters. Once she gets to Burgh, she realizes she must show that even the most humble of pokemon can solo gym leaders like no tommorrow, so she must solo Burgh and Brycen, being no higher than the level of the lowest leveled GLMP, with Absorb, and 15 items max for both. She can never evolve, as then she would be too powerful, and must have a -SAtk nature if possible, but catch no more than 10 Petilil in the process, and use the closest, to -SAtk, like -Spd would be next closest. When you get to the E4, solo any 1 pokemon from each member with only absorb, then solo 2 of either N or Ghestis's pokemon, to show those horrible people what a humble pokemon can do.
The penalties for fainting OR for anything wrong mentioned above:
Level 1: Solo 100 pokemon with SE STABs
Level 2: 500 of the above
Level 3: Learn Sunny Day, and use it against 250 pokemon with SE STABs, and solo 500 more.
Level 4: Level 3 doubled
Level 5: Absorb is lost except for solos
If she ever faints, use an RNG to choose a scramblemon on your white team to always be in the party with. Finally, she can hold any item that will not help her in battle, like a Macho Brace.

Hard enough for ya?
Anyways, all are accepted, execpt the E4 restriction from TalkingLion. Will post the team in a new post.

Axmaster: Your friend can have a TSBW1 the Venipede. It has to use Rollout once per gym leader. After they have cleared Cold Storage they can evolve it into Whirlipede, and then once again into Scolipede when they've beaten Twist Mountain. It can never learn Megahorn.

@Axmaster:Your friend gets Complex the Tympole. He must choose one restriction from each of the following categories for each of Tympole's evolutionary stages and may not repeat a restriction:

Category 1: Moves
May not use STAB.
May only use physical moves.
May only use special moves.

Category 2: Opponents
May only fight opponents against whom its STAB(s) are:
Not very effective
Neutral
Super Effective

Category 3: Healing Restrictions
May only be healed at Pokemon Centers.
May only be healed using berries.
May only be healed using items.

Category 4: Item Restrictions
May only hold berries.
May hold any item that is not a berry.
May not hold an item.

Category 5: Soloing (may use any attack, regardless of move restrictions)
Must solo 2 Gym Leaders' Main Pokemon.
Must solo a Gym, both Trainers and Leader.
Must solo one battle with two of Cheren, Bianca, and N.

Complex may evolve after completing the solo requirement. (If this is 'too hard,' cut it down to the first two categories; if that's still 'too hard,' cut it to the first.)

Axmaster, take a Pansage and name it Clover. Clover likes berries very much, so it must always hold a berry ASAP. Once it uses up a berry, it must immediately be given a new one after the battle. Keep track of this. Solo Clay to Bianca on Route 6/Driftveil City to evolve into Simisage. Once you get to the Elite 4, count the number of berries you used up. That is the number of Pokemon in the Elite 4/N/Ghetis battles you must solo. Good luck.

Team so far:
-Snouty the Tepig, who will use Flame Charge right away after Tepig is sent in after lvl 15.(Endquote)
-Batman the Woobat, who will know 1 dark, 1 flying, and 1 status move along with psychic.(Super Saiyan)
-Blitzle, who must not evolve until it singlehandedly KO's 2 of Skyla's pokemon.(Texas Cloverleaf)
-Darumakka, who must have no more than 2 physical attacks, and will solo any 8 total pokemon from 4 or more gym leaders(sorry I had to change it in case there would be more, but 8 pokemon will still be soloed).(Walrein)
-TSBW1 the Venipede. It has to use Rollout once per gym leader. After they have cleared Cold Storage they can evolve it into Whirlipede, and then once again into Scolipede when they've beaten Twist Mountain. It can never learn Megahorn.(Ziposaki)
-Complex the Tympole. He must choose one restriction from each of the following categories for each of Tympole's evolutionary stages and may not repeat a restriction:

Category 1: Moves
May not use STAB.
May only use physical moves.
May only use special moves.

Category 2: Opponents
May only fight opponents against whom its STAB(s) are:
Not very effective
Neutral
Super Effective

Category 3: Healing Restrictions
May only be healed at Pokemon Centers.
May only be healed using berries.
May only be healed using items.

Category 4: Item Restrictions
May only hold berries.
May hold any item that is not a berry.
May not hold an item.

Category 5: Soloing (may use any attack, regardless of move restrictions)
Must solo 2 Gym Leaders' Main Pokemon.
Must solo a Gym, both Trainers and Leader.
Must solo one battle with two of Cheren, Bianca, and N.

Complex may evolve after completing the solo requirement. (Dummy007)
-Take a Pansage and name it Clover. Clover likes berries very much, so it must always hold a berry ASAP. Once it uses up a berry, it must immediately be given a new one after the battle. Keep track of this. Solo Clay to Bianca on Route 6/Driftveil City to evolve into Simisage. Once you get to the Elite 4, count the number of berries you used up. Good luck. (Talkinglion
-
Only 1 more!! Yay! I'd like one for my friend from another vet, if you would.

EDIT: Yay 99th post!!

Am I considered a vet? l000l.

Hmm, let's see. This friend gets something good, like a female Joltik named LIGHTS. LIGHTS enjoys bright and flashy things, so it must always have at least two Electric-type moves. In order to evolve, it must solo two of Skyla's gym assistants. It must also be used in every major battle afterward that isn't soloed by another Poke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)