The Third Smogon Chess Tournament (sign-ups)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Mekkah

Art by ENZ0

ENZ0 and I would like to welcome you to another edition of Smogon's Chess Tournament! Depending on the level of activity, the tournament will either be Swiss-style or a combination of round-robin and single elimination. Swiss pairings are awesome and will be used if we get enough people, so join! If you are willing to sign up, please be aware that a high level of activity is expected from everyone. It will be interesting to see who emerges victorious in this pure skill game *looks at pokemon and sighs*.

RULES:

1. All forum rules apply to this tournament
2. All matches must obey the Laws of Chess
3. Matches can be completed on any platform that both players agree to. The default platform is lichess.
4. Use of clocks are optional, but encouraged (30 minutes per player is a good default time control)
5. Deadlines will be set for matches to be completed. ENZ0 and I will grant wins / losses / draws based on activity if needed.
6. ENZ0 and I will settle disputes on a case-by-case basis. PM us or contact us on IRC if needed.
7. Use of chess-playing computers and anything of the sort is strictly prohibited. Use of opening books, endgame tables, etc. during the match is also strictly prohibited. Use nothing that you couldn't use in a face-to-face tournament.

All tournament participants are encouraged to join #smogonchess on synirc! Congregating in one area will make it easy for you to contact your opponent and for ENZ0 and I to contact you.

Signups:
1. Snunch
2. ENZ0
3. kd24
4. JabbaTheGriffin
5. Floppy
6. reyscarface
7. Atticus
8. The Magnificent Steiner
9. theangryscientist
10. Zurich
11. Ultimate Charmeleon
12. Impact
13. shinyskarmory
14. AlphaJolt
15. Eo Ut Mortus
16. ginganinja
17. Tobes
18. jalmont747
19. Quagsires
20. Shining Latios
21. Darkpenguin67
22. undisputed
23. Fire Blast
24. Hyperbeem
25. ButteredToast
26. Da Letter El
27. DOOM99
28. EspyOwner

Signups will close at 7:30 PM GMT-5

I want to go in but I don't have the platform to play it in (let alone any online chess platform for that matter).
Lichess is a free website that anyone with an internet connection can play on. There are many similar websites, and playing by PMing each other moves would even be an acceptable way to play if your opponent agrees to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)