Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Axmaster68
Splinter the Patrat was raised by Rattata and must use both Super Fang and Hyper Fang in every battle he is in. He can only hold berries and can only evolve once learning Hyper Fang.

So I'm feeling kinda bored, and thus have decided to start my first Scramble challenge! I'd like to have a relatively hard (not near impossible) one, on Ruby version. Just a few rules:

1) On an emulator, so no trading for evolving or version exclusives
2) No NFE
3) 2 available before the 3rd gym
4) 4 pokemon in total

Fire Away! No refusals allowed for me, so the first four people dictate my team. This challenge will end after defeating Steven.

@mamoswineFTW, you get Options the Torchic. This Torchic is all about choices.
-It must replace a move everytime it learns a new move.
-It can learn 1 TM move, but only once.
-It must learn and keep 1 HM move.
-It can only use Revives or Potions, not both.
-It must solo 4 Gym Leaders of your choice.
-It must solo either 2 E4 members or Steven.
-It can evolve into Combusken after the first 2 Gym Leader solos and Blaziken after the last 2.
Good luck!
Sounds like fun. Roxanne will be an absolute pain, unless one of my other assigned pokemon is available before the 1st gym... Maybe I'll just keep it a Torchic for most of Hoenn. Can I use pokemon centers to heal it? And I'm also guessing that Full Restores count as Potions. What about using berries? Full Heals? Thanks!

mamoswineFTW, you get a Zangoose. It may not use any moves with a base power higher than 60 until it solos a gym. In addition, it may not have more than 2 attacking moves, and only 1 may be normal type. Name it FukSeviper. (Or SeviperSux if you don't approve of profanity)
Guess Normal/Flying will have to be my only coverage. Thanks!

mamoswineFTW, you are this new thread's first victim...Of Flapper!

Take a Zubat, name it Flapper. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out, no exceptions. It can evelve whenever, but to evolve again, it must solo 20 Pokemon that carry the Static Ability.

Have fun.
I remember seeing this in the old thread. I actually did an Ultimate Solo Challenge with the Crobat family, so I'm quite used to it. So, to clarify, it can only evolve into CROBAT when 20 static pokemon are defeated? Thanks!

@mamoswine: You get... Mind Pwned the Sandshrew! You must solo 100 water types for it to evolve, using only Fury Swipes. Upon evolving, it suddenly goes insane and thinks that its a combination of Garchomp, Excadrill, Dugtrio and Flygon, and hence it must have the following moveset:

--Excadrill (Rapid Spin)
--Garchomp (Brick Break)
--Flygon (Sandstorm)
--Dugtrio (Fury Swipes)

It must battle for 16 turns in total under Sandstorm conditions in the Elite 4, and must solo Drake's Salamence, dealing the final blow with Sandstorm damage.
I think I let you off too lightly.... just 100 water types? Since you haven't specified any other restrictions on that part, Old Rod Magikarp 100 times is going to be *fun*. I can just tell that Salamence will be even more fun.

So there's my team. Might struggle a bit against Wallace, but away I go!

FIRST UPDATE:
-Picked Options the Torchic, with a naughty nature first time. Means I can go mixed alright, win.
-Defeated May, and everything up to Roxanne's gym with ease.
-Picked up a Zigzagoon to abuse Pickup/HM Slave
-Just before Roxanne, Options learnt Sand Attack in place of Focus Energy, and Peck instead of Growl. Roxanne was pretty easy - spam Sand Attack whilst Geodude Defence Curled, and managed to Ember it to death. Nosepass was treated the same way, and a burn meant that i was able to survive 2 Rock Tombs. Didn't need to use any potions, so I'm free to use either in times to come.
-got through to Dewford, and managed to catch a Jolly Zubat - Flapper. Cheri Berry being held, We're good to go. Update soon

@mamoswineFTW, you get Options the Torchic. This Torchic is all about choices.
-It must replace a move everytime it learns a new move.
-It can learn 1 TM move, but only once.
-It must learn and keep 1 HM move.
-It can only use Revives or Potions, not both.
-It must solo 4 Gym Leaders of your choice.
-It must solo either 2 E4 members or Steven.
-It can evolve into Combusken after the first 2 Gym Leader solos and Blaziken after the last 2.
Good luck!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
mamoswineFTW, you get a Zangoose. It may not use any moves with a base power higher than 60 until it solos a gym. In addition, it may not have more than 2 attacking moves, and only 1 may be normal type. Name it FukSeviper. (Or SeviperSux if you don't approve of profanity)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
mamoswineFTW, you are this new thread's first victim...Of Flapper!

Take a Zubat, name it Flapper. It must hold a Cheri Berry to fight, if it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out, no exceptions. It can evolve whenever, but to evolve again, it must solo 20 Pokemon that carry the Static Ability.

Have fun.

EDIT: Yes, it can only evolve into Crobat once 20 Static Pokemon are defeated.

Sounds like fun. Roxanne will be an absolute pain, unless one of my other assigned pokemon is available before the 1st gym... Maybe I'll just keep it a Torchic for most of Hoenn. Can I use pokemon centers to heal it? And I'm also guessing that Full Restores count as Potions. What about using berries? Full Heals? Thanks!
You can use Pokemon Centers and Full Restores are Potions. That choice is either to be allowed to revive outside of Pokemon Centers or heal outside of Pokemon Centers. That restriction doesn't apply to berries or status healing items, those can be used without restriction. Hope that answers your questions.

Ice, take a Pikachu and name him (BAN ME PLEASE) EGO (If that's too long (BAN ME PLEASE) will suffice)

Rarity truly believes he is rare and elusive, despite you having caught him. Therefore, every time he is damaged in battle, he must switch out for fear of sending his race plumetting into extinction. He can use any moves bar Thundershock and Thunder, because he believes that all things should be in moderation, and refuses to use underpowered or overpowered moves.

In order for (BAN ME PLEASE) EGO to evolve, he must come to terms with that fact that there are, in fact, many Pikachu remaining on the face of the earth. Therefore he must solo Twenty wild Pikachu after acquiring your first Thunderstone.

That is all.
out of all the challanges I have, I'll reject this one, on the following basis:

1. this is yellow
2. i cant evolve Pikachu
3. wild Pikachus don't exist

Also, Sage Chow's Haunter is rejected on the grounds of stupidity, and TrollFreak's inability to program anything properly.

i have the following:

1. IAR's Bulbasaur
2. mamoswine's Sandshrew (oh dear I'm going to <3 this *sarcasm*)
3. NH's Nidoran(M)
4. KS's Rattata
5. Jimera0's Tauros
6. Chow's Flareon

This is a Yellow challenge btw.

@mamoswine: You get... Mind Pwned the Sandshrew! You must solo 100 water types for it to evolve, using only Fury Swipes. Upon evolving, it suddenly goes insane and thinks that its a combination of Garchomp, Excadrill, Dugtrio and Flygon, and hence it must have the following moveset:

--Excadrill (Rapid Spin)
--Garchomp (Brick Break)
--Flygon (Sandstorm)
--Dugtrio (Fury Swipes)

It must battle for 16 turns in total under Sandstorm conditions in the Elite 4, and must solo Drake's Salamence, dealing the final blow with Sandstorm damage.

MamoswineFTW, You get Metal Head the Aron. He must have the ability Rock Head instead of Sturdy (Which in Gen III is a good thing). The bad bit is that he doesn't realize he's part Rock type, seeing as the only attacking Rock Type move it can learn in Ruby is Rock Tomb via TM. As such, you can't switch it out of Water types once it's been sent into them, because it figures that it can handle them. The same goes for Fighting and Ground types, since it thinks it only has a 2x weakness and believes its high defense can make up for that. He must also switch out of any Fire Type you encounter, believing he's going to be hit for super effective damage on his weaker special defence.

You can get these restrictions lifted however, though it won't be easy. You can lift the restriction for each type, but you must solo the Gym leader that uses that type in order to show him through experience what his strengths and weaknesses actually are. So to life the restriction for Fighting Types, he must solo Brawly, for Water types he must Solo Wallace and for Fire Types he must solo Flannery. Unfortunately there is no major user of Ground Type in the game, so that restriction will always stand.

There are no restrictions on his evolution since he takes so damn long to evolve anyway.

ALSO: for all those who have been reading my Leaf Green updates, I have added Chapter 9 tonight, if you have not checked it out already.

EDIT: I just noticed that TM13IceBeam still needs Pokemon!

Well aren't you lucky! You get King the Tauros, the best Pokemon of the old Gen I metagame! Enjoy your future MVP! Oh wait, hang on a second, this just in.
Apparently King thinks that it has the ability Sheer Force from Generation Five, despite the fact that it's in Generation ONE and Abilities aren't even a thing yet. He also got his Special and Attack stat mixed up. As such, the only moves you are allowed to use on King are Special moves that would be boosted by Sheer Force in 5th generation.

Well it's still a Tauros right? Enjoy!

One Final Word: Don't worry IceBeam, this challange isn't as sadistic as it looks. In Gen I Tauros actually has an acceptable Special Stat of 70 and Tauros has a surprisingly decent Special move pool. It might not be your MVP but it shouldn't suck total balls either.

Sorry Jimera0, but I said I'd only use 4 pokemon. Unless I HAVE to use more, it will stay that way. Sounds like a cool pokemon though!

Sorry Jimera0, but I said I'd only use 4 pokemon. Unless I HAVE to use more, it will stay that way. Sounds like a cool pokemon though!
Yeah I realized that after I had already posted it XD I'm used to people having at least 6 Pokemon. I'll like that one too so I'll save it for someone else, just like the last time I fucked up and gave someone a challange I should've known they couldn't accept.

EDIT: @TM13IceBeam, I just realized that EVERY Special attack Tauros learns in Gen I would be boosted by Sheer Force, making that restriction useless. So to rectify that I'll add in this little bit: If the secondary effect of one of King's attacks activates, it becomes confused as to how that is possible and must be swapped out immediately, to prevent it from hitting itself. Gottit?

Looking for pokemon for a White scramble.

- Looking for a challenge but nothing extremely hard
- I can trade evolve
- I want to use Snivy as my starter

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Paradox33, you get 33 the Klink.

As its name suggests, 33 is how big Klink's Movepool is, & therefore, everything comes in threes. Each trainer battle you face where the trainer has at least three Pokemon, It must solo the third Pokemon, provided you don't have to solo the trainer with another Pokemon. It may only have three moveslots. From the moment you catch it, you can only teach it three more moves for the rest of the game, & it must solo 33 Trained Pokemon to evolve into Klinklang (Klink to Klang is whenever).

Have fun.

V1ral, You will receive me as your starter. You may be looking at me funny, so I will explain: you get Knight the Snivy. Knight wants to become a King, so he must do honorable tasks. To evolve, Knight must solo at least one Pokemon of each type that deals super-effective damage to grass-types. Once Knight evolves into Servine, change it's name to Prince. Prince still wants to be king, so he must solo at least half of N's teams before evolving. When this task is complete, Prince can evolve into King the Serperior. As a king, he must solo one E4 member, half of N's final team, 2 if Gestis's Pokemon, and land the final blow on Hydriegon. Hydriegon does not count as one of the two Pokemon soloed on Gestis's team.
I'm really sorry but I decline this one for the following reasons
- I've never used any other starters other than Snivy (I've played Pokemon B/W 2 times and I picked Snivy for both of those plays)
- I got another Grass type challenge and I don't want 2 of the same type Pokemon.
- I wanna try using Maractus.

If you want to, you can give me another Starter.

V1ral: You'll receive a Trubbish from me.

Name it I'mnotrash. He is REALLY upset with the fact that the other mons look to him as trash(sometimes they throw something used on him, thinking his nothing more than a garbage bag.(sad history bro)). He must learn frustration ASAP, but don't need to use it, everybody know that his is frustrated with his life just looking to his face).

He's so afraid to transform itself on trash, that he can't allow himself to fight another poison types(you must see that, on his mind, the fact of a pokémon be a poison type, is so horrible, that you can consider poison mons trash(but he is an exception ;D)) and bug types(c'mon, what you see most close to trash cans????? BUGS!!!!)

But I'mnotrash is not just sadness. He is an angry guy, that REALLY wants revenge. He remembers that when he was a child, every pokémon in the world(to him) looked to him as trash! Trash are you! - he said - so, to represents his fury, to evolve, he wants to fight and kill at least one pokémon form EACH TYPE(exception are Bugs and Poison duh).

After Evolving, he can forget frustration, and live his life well. But, he still can't fight bug or poison types.

Summary:

-Trubbish named I'mnotrash
-Must know Frustration, but don't need to use
-Can't fight Poison or Bug types
-Can evolve after solo one pokémon from each type
-After evolving, don't need frustration, but still can't fight Poison types or Bugs
Okay, I'll use this.

V1ral:

Form me, you shall receive a Maractus. This Maractus will be named DATCACTUS, because that's what it is.

There is one thing that DATCACTUS must do. As soon as N's Carrcosta is sent out, from that point onwards, it must solo N. I suggest that you keep Acupressure for this purpose, although it is optional.

If King's evolution requirement is not fufilled by the final battle with N, DATCACTUS will only have to solo three of N's team, and it will be considered as a count towards King's evolution requirement if he sweeps the rest.
Okay, I'll take it.

- Need 3 more Pokemon for my White Scramble Run -
No trading and Medium level please.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
V1ral, You get a Disabled Monkey!
Its_A_Random said:
you get Deaf the Pansear.

Deaf, alongside his brothers Blind & Muzzled make up the Three Disabled Monkeys. Deaf lives up to his name by been unable to hear anything, & as a result, is a rather redundant monkey. To reflect this, it must know & keep Yawn & Amnesia. In addition, because it can't hear anything, he won't know when you want to switch him out, meaning that he can't switch out of battle once he's in. Just so you use him, Deaf must solo Brycen. And his lack of hearing means that he won't evolve until you achieve this solo. Sounds hard, doesn't it? Well, you do have the type advantage...Until you meet Beartic...

Recap:
-Pansear named Deaf
-Cannot switch out once he's in battle
-Must know & keep Yawn & Amnesia
-Must solo Brycen
-Cannot evolve until the above solo is achieved
Because this is medium Difficulty, You don't have to solo Brycen & there is no evolution restrictions.

Have fun.

@TM13: Joker is too much of a troll, eh? No problem, take this one instead:

Take a Flareon named TopDog. If male he must solo 15 trained Fire-types, if female she must solo 45 wild/trained Fire-types to evolve. Not hard enough? You can solo Blaine before or after you evolve.

Oh yeah, it must still solo Lorelei! Have Fun!

1: Seel. Must use only Ice moves to solo 20 Ice-types before evolving, must solo Lorelei as a Dewgong.
2: Hitmonchan. Must know an elemental punch, Mega Punch, Rock Tomb, and a status move.
3: Rattata. Can't use any biting moves and must be the last of my Pokémon to evolve.
4: Charmander. As soon as it can use Fire moves it can use only those. Must solo 3 Pokemon in the Elite 4.
5: Caterpie. Upon becoming a Butterfree, must learn and keep either Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, PoisonPowder, or a combination of the above forever, and can't battle the Elite 4 unless it solos Sabrina. Can't attack opponents that aren't statused.

Need one more. It must be able to learn Surf, and must be obtainable without having to use Surf. As per my rules, no nicknames, nothing insanely ridiculous (a decent challenge is OK), no legendaries, and if possible, no Safari Zone.

V1ral, take Mrs. Scarlet the Emboar. After escaping the cops for murder she ends up in Unova. She loves to use her weapons from the mansion so her moveset must be: Wrench, Rope, Knife, and Candlestick. This translates into: Hammer Arm, Grass Knot, Flamethrower, and Heat Stamp. She must solo all of the grunts in the freezer thing because she is the top criminal. Have fun with this criminal. Sorry about my Snivy:(

@Missingno. Master, take Picky the Magikarp, it must evolve into Gyarados asap. It is under the effects of a choice item at all times and must know 4 damaging moves asap, all 4 must be different types. Good luck!

V1ral, take Mrs. Scarlet the Emboar. After escaping the cops for murder she ends up in Unova. She loves to use her weapons from the mansion so her moveset must be: Wrench, Rope, Knife, and Candlestick. This translates into: Hammer Arm, Grass Knot, Flamethrower, and Heat Stamp. She must solo all of the grunts in the freezer thing because she is the top criminal. Have fun with this criminal. Sorry about my Snivy:(
Okay! I'll take it. First time using a different starter other than Snivy lol
Also, I'll nickname it Ms.Scarlet because of the 10 word limit on nicknames.

V1ral, You get a Disabled Monkey!

Because this is medium Difficulty, You don't have to solo Brycen & there is no evolution restrictions.

Have fun.
Ohohohohohoho...; I'm really sorry but my starter will be Emboar = I get Panpour as a gift and I'll have 2 fire types in my team if I take your Pansear. So, would you give me your Panpour challenge instead of the Pansear?

After Random gives me the Panpour challenge, I'll only need 2 MORE
I'd like it if it was a underrated Dark and/or Fighting type though =D

Chow's Flareon and Jim's Tauros is accepted.
ignoring that I've never bothered to catch a fucking Chansey in the Safari Zone, let alone a TAUROS

1. TM13, take a Bulbasaur named Powder. It must know & keep Sleep Powder & Poison Powder. Evolve after inflicting both Powders of 5 Different Trained Pokemon, & repeat this on a further 15 to evolve again.

2. TM13, take a Sandslash named AJ. When it's a Sandshrew, it thinks that it's AJ's one from the anime, and is super tough. Hence it can take water attacks with no worries, meaning that it needs to battle every water pokemon you fight until he evolves. Also, to evolve, he needs a 100 victories, with at least 50 of them being water pokemon you encounter. As a Sandslash, the only Ground type move he can use is Fissure, since he's a boss like that.

Oh, and he needs to solo Agatha. Enjoy.

3. Ice Beam, take a Rattata named Master. To evolve, solo the rival once after you get badge two. It cannot know hms. Must solo one E4 member out of the last 4 and one E4 member. For bonus points have it land the finishing blow on the champ's main Pokemon.

4. @TM13IceBeam: I'd like to give you a Nidoran(male). Call him Stabby, because you're gonna be using a lot of his weapon-like moves! It can only evolve after soloing eight Pokemon with STAB (which is only Poison Sting in Yellow, I believe), two of which being GLMP, and then evolve again after defeating four Pokemon with Horn Drill. After completing these, he has no restrictions!

...Except the need to OHKO three Pokemon from a selection of the last two Gym Leaders, or Pokemon from the Elite Four. Only one Pokemon from each member (IE, if you OHKO one of Blaine's, then you can't OHKO two more to complete the challenge), and it doesn't have to be Horn Drill; it can be any move, as long as it takes someone out in one hit.

5. Well aren't you lucky! You get King the Tauros, the best Pokemon of the old Gen I metagame! Enjoy your future MVP! Oh wait, hang on a second, this just in.
Apparently King thinks that it has the ability Sheer Force from Generation Five, despite the fact that it's in Generation ONE and Abilities aren't even a thing yet. He also got his Special and Attack stat mixed up. As such, the only moves you are allowed to use on King are Special moves that would be boosted by Sheer Force in 5th generation.

Well it's still a Tauros right? Enjoy!

One Final Word: Don't worry IceBeam, this challange isn't as sadistic as it looks. In Gen I Tauros actually has an acceptable Special Stat of 70 and Tauros has a surprisingly decent Special move pool. It might not be your MVP but it shouldn't suck total balls either.

EDIT: @TM13IceBeam, I just realized that EVERY Special attack Tauros learns in Gen I would be boosted by Sheer Force, making that restriction useless. So to rectify that I'll add in this little bit: If the secondary effect of one of King's attacks activates, it becomes confused as to how that is possible and must be swapped out immediately, to prevent it from hitting itself. Gottit?

6. OK, now I need to ask Chow to re-do his challange AGAIN, because gender doesn't exist in G1. >.>

Paradox: Take a Foongus and name it PokéBall

Pokéball must switch in and solo every pokémon you don't have(just once for each poke, because I don't want to obligate you to catch every pokémon in the game =D)

Pokéball can be up-graded to Great Ball after you solo 10 pokémon with the restrictions above(change the nickname)

Greatball must solo 20 pokémon with the same restrictions and three of them must of the same evolution chart to became Ultraball(math cames up to my mind, you can repeat half of the pokémons you soloed when pokéball, so, 10 of the ones you must solo as Greatball, can be the ones soloed by Pokeball, but 10 can't)

Ultraball must solo 30 mons. 15 new, To became a Masterball(ant then, evolve), Same restrcitons of course.

Summary:
-Foongus named Pokéball, must solo 10 not-catched mons to bacome a Greatball
-As a Grreatball, must solo 20 not-catched mons(10 must be different than the ones soloed as Pokéball) to turn into an Ultraball
- As an Ultraball, must solo 30 not-catched mons(15 must be different than the ones soloed as Greatball) to upgrade into Masterball, and than evolve.
Have fun

I will edit one mon for Tyranitharphantom.

@Tyranitharphantom: Take a Throh and call it Achilles.

Achilles is somewhat stubborn hero. Strong, but stubborn. Must have a nature +Att and -SP.Def or -Def(that means Lonely or Naughty), because he doesn't care about defenses.

Must always be under the effect of Torment,because he must switch his attacks, for not being obvious

Must always be under the effect of Taunt, because he gives a f*** to defenses, the only exception is Attract!

Must always be under the effect of Block, because, c'mon, a hero that runs from a difficult battle is a shit, not a hero.

Must have the ability guts! Why? C'mon...

He is very handsome, so, it must have Attract. Must use it everytime it fights a female mon.

His heel hurts too much, so, he can't use kicking attacks

Can't use special attacks, HE IS A MOTHAFUCKER WARRIOR, NOT A MAGE!!!! THIS IS SPART...actually Greece.

At last, but not least, make it solo Skyla entire gym and Caitlin, because he wants to face his weakness face-to-face. Block keeps it's effect here.

Hope it's hard enought

@Chielee, take Envy the Gothita. Envy is jealous as hell that its line is completely outclassed by Reuniclus line. As such, it refused to learn any attacks that attacks commonly used by competitive Reuniclus (Meaning all the attacks listed on this page. That means no Trick Room, Psyshock, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Calm Mind, Trick or Recover). It is also jealous of the Reuniclus line's superior ability, and such takes out its anger by using its own ability (Frisk) the best it can; by stealing shit. It must learn Thief ASAP and use it to steal every item Frisk reveals. In order to evolve it must steal 30 items. In order to evolve again it needs to steal 5 items that are not berries.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Reserving Pokemon for both Paradox and V1ral.

EDIT2: Paradox, take "I Wub You" the Woobat. I Wub You WUBS YOU SO VERY MUCH! It loves everyone else too! Because of this, it must have Heart Stamp and Attract and use one or the other against every Pokemon it faces before it can use other attacks. Because it loves you so much it refuses to ever leave your party, and must hold a Soothe Bell at all times (as soon as you can get one) so it bonds with you faster. In order to evolve it must Solo Elesa's Blitzle... WITH LOVE >:O (that's not an additional restriction, it's just a bad joke).

Enjoy!

Edit3: V1ral, take a Joltik named EagleEye. EagleEye must have the ability Compound Eyes. EagleEye is very proud of it's ability, and as such is not allowed to use any attacks with 100% Accuracy in order to show off its awesome sniper skills (It may use self boosting moves like Agility however). If it ever does happen to miss however, it must immediately switch out for the rest of the battle in order to hide from the shame of having missed a shot. In order to evolve it needs to score 10 critical hits that OHKO its opponent, to show that not only can it hit, it can hit the sweet spot too!

Enjoy!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Ohohohohohoho...; I'm really sorry but my starter will be Emboar = I get Panpour as a gift and I'll have 2 fire types in my team if I take your Pansear. So, would you give me your Panpour challenge instead of the Pansear?

After Random gives me the Panpour challenge, I'll only need 2 MORE
I'd like it if it was a underrated Dark and/or Fighting type though =D
Its a Pansage you get for the gift with Emboar, besides, you can always search Pinwheel forest for a Pansear, but each to their own. I'll find you a Disabled Monkey when I have some free time later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)