Favorite non-ubers you use in ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Virizion was good to me when I used to play Ubers. Standard set really.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- HP Ice
- Giga Drain

Adamant swiftswim Poliwrath with encore, belly drum, waterfall, brick break and holding mystic water. KOs everything not named Giratina/O, Shedinja, Rayquaza, and defensive Groudon.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Adamant swiftswim Poliwrath with encore, belly drum, waterfall, brick break and holding mystic water. KOs everything not named Giratina/O, Shedinja, Rayquaza, and defensive Groudon.
Seconding this guy as an insane threat and providing a log of me getting mauled by it o.0, I must say though Jolly enables the thing to outspeed Modest scarf Darkrai shouldn't be left out as an option (also what about hypnosis <.<).

If we are allowed to include Dream World pokes, Sub CM Chandelure has done a near godly job of coming in on Chansey and sweeping shortly after setting up + 6 stats in front of it.

Also no love for good ole Wobba? Aside from being a great Revenge Killer Setting up pokes into a lose-lose situation is just wonderful.

Well Substitute and Missing is a big reason to use Encore over Hypnosis, also if someone switches in a Magic Bounce Poke, its better to be Encored than put to sleep.

As for Jolly, I agree, but sometimes you need all the power you can get, and I feel that's why I use Mystic Water over Leftovers now.

P.S. That video of You vs Me was nice, but I'm surprised you didn't switch out Togekiss sooner?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Adamant Poliwrath peaks at 478 Speed, which isn't even enough to outspeed Scarf Palkia. Defensive Kyogre is also a Pokemon that Poliwrath can't OHKO at +6, which is pretty pathetic, actually.

Well if Poliwrath switches into Defensive Kyogre it can Encore a set-up move and then sweep from there. Yes Kyogre can switch put and be at full HP to be a revenge killer later on, but Kyogre has to watch out for SR, and maintain high HP.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well if Poliwrath switches into Defensive Kyogre it can Encore a set-up move and then sweep from there. Yes Kyogre can switch put and be at full HP to be a revenge killer later on, but Kyogre has to watch out for SR, and maintain high HP.
Yes it does have to maintain high HP but thats quite easy thanks to Rest. Also not being able to outspeed the most common Scarf user in Ubers i.e Palkia really sucks for Poliwrath.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
After testing Sableye for my analysis, he's definitely one of my favorites. His aid to Stall is just insanely great; beats other Stall and Offensive teams by using Taunt against the former and by Will-O-Wisp against the latter, crippling the main sweepers like Extremekiller and DDQuaza. Prankster was godsend.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Definitely Heracross. Heracross just feels like it was made for Ubers, hitting hard off of a base 125 Attack stat, and being one of the few offensively viable Pokemon capable of switching in on Darkrai. The Choice Scarf set easily keeps Darkrai and Mewtwo in check with STAB Megahorn.

I don't use many non-ubers...
But this Dugtrio set has to be the hardest set to get going:

Jolly 252 Spd/252 Attack
Hone Claws
Substitute
Earthquake
Sucker Punch

You have to completely rely on your opponent using a choiced Pokemon that uses an Electric move. Arena Trap keeps them in while you sub, Hone Claws, and then sweep. I love the set though. It's satisfying to see Duggy doing that.

It USED to be Shedinja, but not now(thanks a lot, Zekrom and reshiram!)

now, probably ferrothorn or Rotom-W or Gyarados.

Scizor is almost made for ubers, because of its bulk, and access to u-turn and pursuit
I loved trolling Deoxys-S with this guy in Gen 4.

Specially Defensive Heatran is really strong in ubers, outright walls so many things in the Sun, and with the sun still has really good damage with Flamethrower/Lava Plume.
Girantina, Girantina O, Palkia (Sun), Any Arceus with out a super effective Special stab and other threats are easily walled with 252 HP and 252 SpD 4 Spe. The best part about Heatran is that it is really versatile and can run a lot of different moves to cover lots of different threats. Will o Wisp, Toxic, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Taunt, SR, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power are all really viable on Heatran which makes him imo one of the best walls in the Ubers Metagame.

Ludicolo as Kyogre/rain counter. SwiftSwim means you can outrun even scarfed Timid Kyogres without a choice item (you don't even need to run a +Spe nature).

LO Modest Grass Knot usually OHKOes 4/0 Kyogres (does 95-112%). Then, with Kyogre down, proceed to abuse your ridiculous speed and boosted water STAB move (I run Scald).

It's also usually a good switch-in to Ferrothorn, since it blocks Leech Seed and 2HKOes with Focus Blast (assuming they both hit).

I'm thinking about using the Attacking Durian set which I made up for Ferrothorn: Power Whip/Iron Head/Poison Jab/Thunder Wave, with 252 attack/128 defense/128 sp. defense EVs, myself.

Forry and Bliss. Yeah, I'm old school.

Forretress is a bit worse off now that Ferrothorn is better than him on most teams unless you need Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin, but at least he got Volt Change, which lets him work decently on offensive teams like those using Groudon/Reshiram.

Poison Jab is not OHKOing (probably not even 2HKOing) Grass Arceus, which is pretty much the only the only Grass-type in Ubers outside of Ferrothorn itself and Skymin, which you hit harder with Gyro Ball anyway.

Forry and Bliss. Yeah, I'm old school.

Forretress is a bit worse off now that Ferrothorn is better than him on most teams unless you need Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin, but at least he got Volt Change, which lets him work decently on offensive teams like those using Groudon/Reshiram.
At least Forretress can sit in front of Ferrothorn and set up hazards while spinning his away.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
An iron helmet ferrothorn effectively spinblocks forretress, making it take 25% every time it spins. Not really a necessity though since gira and gira-o will never be broken by forretress, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)