Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 doubles
Completely unevolved, non-single-stage pokemon only
2 day DQ
0 recoveries/0 chills
Arena: Unown Soup

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

I'll take that Obection

All abilities
No Items
No Switch

Also still need someone for my challenge on the last page, already being reffed.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Arcanite
Originally Posted by Fat Korski
OPEN CHALLENGE:
2vs2 Doubles
Infinite Recoveries / Infinite Chills
2-day DQ
ASB Arena
NFE-Pokemon only (I will be using middlemons)
Accepting, 1 ability, no switch, no items!
So this got passed over somehow. Ref please?

Hey Terrador, you up for a brawl?

Let's do this.

3v3 NFE (preferably LC)
2 Day DQ
Infinite Chills, No Recoveries
The Sky. The clouds in the sky are platforms, and the conditions are perfect for a battle any today.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE!

3v3 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon

ARENA: Teleportation!
Yes, you better believe it! At the end of every round, the referee will roll a number between 0* & however many arena's there are in the arena compendium thread (Each representing an arena in the Arena Compendium Thread in chronological order). Whichever number you roll, for the next round, the battle will take place on that arena. Its as simple as that.

*0 represents the ASB Tournament Arena.
Random, I'll take that as my back-to-ASB match.

Switch, Items and Abilities are all on. Looking forward to it!
We need a ref. Thank you.

Open Challenge: 2v2 Singles!
NFE Pokémon only.
It can be a training battle if you want.
2 Day DQ
1 Recovery, 5 Chills.
Arena: WarioWare.

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

I've always wanted to try this arena.

Open Challenge: 2v2 Singles!
NFE Pokémon only.
It can be a training battle if you want.
2 Day DQ
1 Recovery, 5 Chills.
Arena: WarioWare.

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

I've always wanted to try this arena.
I'll ref this once it gets an opponent.

Looking for a quick match.

1vs1
NFE pokemon only
2 day DQ
No Recovery/3 Chills

Arena: Quite Meadow:

This Arena consists of a open meadow with a large river running through it ( fairly deep around 20 feet deep and 7 feet wide) it's a beautiful day with the sun out and lazy clouds drifting in the sky. No restrictions to any move.

As I am new to this I ask that you don't stomp me too badly.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll take you on, TRG! :D

Switch=KO
Items=Off
1 ability

I probably won't stomp you since I'll be using a very fresh Pokemon.

reffing atheno and ladys teams kthx

2v2 Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Special Condition: All attacks during first round except Sketch have no effect, do no damage, and cost no energy :D

C'mon guys an easy curbstomp, right here.

Capture the Flag in ASB
My 2k post!

Okay, so I have implemented a kind of battle for Capture the Flag. Basically, pokemon move around the field and attempt to get the flag and return it to their side. For those of you who don't know the details, you can go here.

I know that it looks like a lot, but it really isn't. A lot of it is what the ref does, or the basic rules of Capture the Flag.

Rules:

• Try to capture the flag my moving to the spot where it is and then return to your side.
  • The amount of squares a pokemon can move in on turn is based on its speed after all modifiers. Pokemon with speed between 1 and 30 can move 1 sqaure per turn. Pokemon with speed between 30 and 50 can move 2 sqaures per turn. Pokemon with speed between 60 and 90 can move 3 sqaures per turn. Pokemon with speed between 90 and 120 can move 4 sqaures per turn. Everything else can move 5 squares per turn.
  • Pokemon cannot move diagonally.
  • Pokemon lose energy by using attack or moving. A pokemon loses energy using the formula: 1.5 x squares moved. When a pokemon runs out of energy, it must Chill. Chills restore 25 energy.
  • If a pokemon is on the opposing team's side and takes 20 damage from an opposing pokemon, it must go to jail. This is known as being tagged.
  • A pokemon can only target a pokemon that is within three sqaures of them. For example, a pokemon can only target a square in which a 70 speed pokemon could go to in one turn.
  • A pokemon is rescued from jail if another pokemon on the same team reaches the jail without getting tagged.
  • A pokemon rescued from jail and the rescuer go to square P22 or Q12.
  • The location of the jail is chosen by the player. For red, it can be: K28-L29 or U28-V29. For yellow, it can be: K5-L6 or U5-L6.
  • A pokemon cannot come within 2 squares of their own flag or jail.
  • Each pokemon can use the command "Sprint" once to move twice as many squares as they normally would for 5 x squares moved energy.
  • The squares: D8 - J15, W8 - AC15, D19 - J26, and W19 - AC26 are special terrain.
  • At the start of a game, the 4 areas are randomly assigned one of the following terrains: sea, forest, mountain, desert. Each of the terrains has a special effect.
  • Sea: All Water-type pokemon move one square faster. All other pokemon use 6 extra energy while in the sea. Always raining.
  • Forest: All pokemon move 1 square slower unless they have a cutting move. If the pokemon has a cutting move, then they must use the energy to move and use the cutting move.
  • Desert: All pokemon who stay in the desert for more than two turns lose 5 HP and 5 Energy each turn until they get out of the desert. Always sunny.
  • Mountain: All pokemon alternate between moving 1 sqaure slower (uphill) and 1 square faster (downhill). Pokemon who take more than 25 damage in the mountain fall off and lose 30 HP.
  • Pokemon who move one square per turn naturally are not affected my the limited movement allowed in the special terrain.
  • A pokemon who loses all HP is re-spawned at their flag. The pokemon moves one square slower. If they were already moving at one square per turn, they are eliminated.
Playing the Game:

• On any turn, a pokemon may either move or attack another pokemon in the vicinity.
  • When in jail, a pokemon may Idle or Chill.
  • 'Weather' moves affect the entire field for 4 turns.
  • When on the opponent's side, you cannot attack them. However, you can use non-attacking moves.
  • There are no combos.
  • Moves can be used creatively if they are sensible and not overpowering.
  • Most moves/attacks/abilities have the same effect. Some have been specifically changed:
Reflect/Light Screen: Can be placed to affect the 5x5 area they are in.
More will come when they are brought up or when I go through the Data Audit thread....
Example Orders:

• Move North 4 squares.
  • Move South 1 square and then go East 2 squares into the Forest.
  • Idle.
  • Chill.
  • Attack Machamp with Fire Blast.
  • Slow down Ninetales with a Thunder Wave.
  • Spore Gyarados.
  • Place a Light Screen on K12.
  • Brick Break the Light Screen on K12 so that Ninetales can send Scrafty to jail with a Flamethrower.
Map:

• The Excel spreadsheet can be found here.
  • A screenshot can be found here.
  • Yellow is the flag the Red team is trying to obtain.
  • Red is the flag the Yellow team is trying to obatain.
  • Peach is the desert.
  • Light Blue is the sea.
  • Gray is the mountains.
  • Dark Green is the forest.
  • Dark Blue/Purple is the options for where the jail can be.
  • Light Green is simply the field.
Okay, those are the rules for ASB CtF in general. This specific game will either be a 4v4 Brawl or a 2+2 vs 2+2 tag team.

4 vs. 4 Brawl or 2+2 vs. 2+2 Tag Team
3 Chills, 3 Recoveries
2 Day DQ players, 3 Day DQ ref
Items On
Switch Irrelevant
All Abilities

I'll be reffing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)