move 2: Shadow Ball / Hex
move 3: Rest
move 4: Haze
item: Leftovers
ability: Mummy
nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

- Will-O-Wisp cripples most physical attackers.
- Shadow Ball is a decent STAB move to have.
- Haze might seem like just a filler, but it prevents most Pokemon from boosting their stats.
- Rest is insurance against status.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- Appreciates Toxic Spikes support to abuse Hex.
- A Chesto Berry can be used in place of Leftovers.
- Its shallow movepool means Cofagrigus is not losing much by using Haze.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Hidden Power Fighting
move 4: Rest
item: Leftovers / Chesto Berry
nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

- This set takes advantage of Cofagrigus's usable Special Attack stat of 95.
- Calm Mind Boosts its already great Special Defense stat to sky high levels.
- Hidden Power Fighting gives Cofagrigus perfect neutral coverage as well as hitting Muchnlax hard.
- Rest allows it to shrug off Toxic, which is often thrown at in in an attempt to kill it.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- Hex is usable over Shadow Ball if you have Toxic Spike support.
- Will-O-Wisp is usable over Hidden Power Fighting, but you will find yourself much easier to wall.

[SET]
name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting
item: Leftovers
nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

- Surprise factor alone allows this set function well.
- Trick Room is obvious, allowing to outspeed almost the entire RU tier.
- Nasty Plot boosts its usable Special Attack stat to sky high levels.
- Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting give this set perfect neutral coverage.
- 0 speed IVs drops Hidden Power Fighting's Base Power to 64. Because of this, it is advised to put 2 Speed IVs to gain maximum power.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- Appreciates aromatherapy / heal bell support more so than the defensive sets, as it is a common target of Toxic.
- Life Orb can be used over leftovers for extra power, but it limits the longevity of Cofagrigus.
- Hex can be used instead of Shadow Ball, provided your team has Toxic Spikes support.
- There is not much else to say about the set itself, as all of the moves listed are key to its success.

[Other Options]

- Ominous Wind can be used instead of Shadow Ball / Hex, but the low probability of it granting boosts as well as its low PP make it an inferior option.
- Toxic can be used over Will-O-Wisp on defensive sets, but it means Cofagrigus will have a much harder time dealing with steals as well as losing the benefit of crippling physical attackers.

[Checks and Counters]

- Honchkrow gives Cofagrigus trouble with a combination of Substitute, Brave Bird and Sucker Punch, though it has to be weary of switching into a Will-O-Wisp.
- Lilligant can actually set up by using Sleep Powder.

Trick Room + NP is definitely worth its own set. It can set up and sweep itself or help set up Trick Room for teammates.

Trick Room + NP is definitely worth its own set. It can set up and sweep itself or help set up Trick Room for teammates.
Should the set look like this?:

name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fighitng
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe

I didn't want to post a set that I have yet to try out.

Yea, but I don't know about slashing Life Orb... for now leave it, and QC will decide what is needed. But that set is definitely usable in RU.

You may want to mention massive Heal Bell/Aromatherapy support is needed allow Rest to function as a reliable forme of recovery. Jumpluff, Audino, and maybe even Liligant in a pinch can work fairly well with him.

Yea, but I don't know about slashing Life Orb... for now leave it, and QC will decide what is needed. But that set is definitely usable in RU.
I'm in the process of testing the TR + NP set. So far I like it, but I have noticed that without LO, he misses some possible OHKOs.

Chestorest IMO should be slashed over lefties on the CM set, ESPECIALLY if running HP fight over will o wisp. The ability to set up and heal instantaneously is ideal for a set up set, especially on one that can easily "sweep" after a bit of setup so to speak.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
<3 Cofagrigus

You need to absolutely mention a heal bell user as a partner to Cofagrigus. The fact that its forced to use rest as a reliable recovery move is pretty depressing, but good heal bell users like Clefable (support) and Leafeon (offensive) The mention of IVs on the 2nd set is completely unnecessary, just remove it. You should also mention how useful haze is for stopping being an emergency stop to Baton Pass, as well as checks to Shell Smash / Swords Dance users etc. Yeah i approve of the TR/NP set, its pretty cool.

Alakazam is NOT A COUNTER. Geez, it can't switch in and can't OHKO. Its not even a check -_-. Honchkrow is a good check, but you need to mention that i can't switch into WoW and it absolutely needs Substitute or it loses. Feel free to mention hazard users as like Qwilfish, Accelgor, Scollipede etc. Houndoom is a ridiculously good counter.

Slaking's still NU...mention it in Other Options, utilizing Mean Look on Cofagrigus and Pursuit (and possibly Substitute) on Slaking. It's more of a gimmick than a strategy however when being able to unleash something that's, in a way, comparable to Ubers in a tier this low, it's definitely worth mentioning.

Otherwise, nice analysis, I don't have anything else to say except on the sets that utilize Rest but no stat boosting, I would give mention to Aromatherapy/Heal Bell support.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you go into PO, put 2 Speed IVs, and select HP Fighting, the builder will automatically fix everything else to get 70 base power.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so the author hasn't been on in a few weeks and hasn't looked at this since October, Komodo will be taking it over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)