Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
reffing atheno and ladys teams kthx

2v2 Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Special Condition: All attacks during first round except Sketch have no effect, do no damage, and cost no energy :D

C'mon guys an easy curbstomp, right here.
I'll take you on, DA! :D

All Abilities, No Items, Swiych=Nope

Capture the Flag in ASB
My 2k post!

Okay, so I have implemented a kind of battle for Capture the Flag. Basically, pokemon move around the field and attempt to get the flag and return it to their side. For those of you who don't know the details, you can go here.

I know that it looks like a lot, but it really isn't. A lot of it is what the ref does, or the basic rules of Capture the Flag.

Rules:

• Try to capture the flag my moving to the spot where it is and then return to your side.
  • The amount of squares a pokemon can move in on turn is based on its speed after all modifiers. Pokemon with speed between 1 and 30 can move 1 sqaure per turn. Pokemon with speed between 30 and 50 can move 2 sqaures per turn. Pokemon with speed between 60 and 90 can move 3 sqaures per turn. Pokemon with speed between 90 and 120 can move 4 sqaures per turn. Everything else can move 5 squares per turn.
  • Pokemon cannot move diagonally.
  • Pokemon lose energy by using attack or moving. A pokemon loses energy using the formula: 1.5 x squares moved. When a pokemon runs out of energy, it must Chill. Chills restore 25 energy.
  • If a pokemon is on the opposing team's side and takes 20 damage from an opposing pokemon, it must go to jail. This is known as being tagged.
  • A pokemon can only target a pokemon that is within three sqaures of them. For example, a pokemon can only target a square in which a 70 speed pokemon could go to in one turn.
  • A pokemon is rescued from jail if another pokemon on the same team reaches the jail without getting tagged.
  • A pokemon rescued from jail and the rescuer go to square P22 or Q12.
  • The location of the jail is chosen by the player. For red, it can be: K28-L29 or U28-V29. For yellow, it can be: K5-L6 or U5-L6.
  • If a pokemon is tagged while holding the flag, the flag is returned to its original spot.
  • Pokemon can start anywhere behind the halfway line.
  • A pokemon cannot come within 2 squares of their own flag or jail.
  • Each pokemon can use the command "Sprint" once to move twice as many squares as they normally would for 5 x squares moved energy. A pokemon cannot Sprint while holding the flag.
  • The squares: D8 - J15, W8 - AC15, D19 - J26, and W19 - AC26 are special terrain.
  • At the start of a game, the 4 areas are randomly assigned one of the following terrains: sea, forest, mountain, desert. Each of the terrains has a special effect.
  • Sea: All Water-type pokemon move one square faster. All other pokemon use 6 extra energy while in the sea. Always raining.
  • Forest: All pokemon move 1 square slower unless they have a cutting move. If the pokemon has a cutting move, then they must use the energy to move and use the cutting move.
  • Desert: All pokemon who stay in the desert for more than two turns lose 5 HP and 5 Energy each turn until they get out of the desert. Always sunny.
  • Mountain: All pokemon alternate between moving 1 sqaure slower (uphill) and 1 square faster (downhill). Pokemon who take more than 25 damage in the mountain fall off and lose 30 HP.
  • Pokemon who move one square per turn naturally are not affected my the limited movement allowed in the special terrain.
  • A pokemon who loses all HP is re-spawned at their flag. The pokemon moves one square slower. If they were already moving at one square per turn, they are eliminated.
Playing the Game:

• On any turn, a pokemon may either move or attack another pokemon in the vicinity.
  • When in jail, a pokemon may Idle or Chill.
  • 'Weather' moves affect the entire field for 4 turns.
  • When on the opponent's side, you cannot attack them. However, you can use non-attacking moves.
  • There are no combos.
  • Moves can be used creatively if they are sensible and not overpowering.
  • Most moves/attacks/abilities have the same effect. Some have been specifically changed:
Example Orders:

• Move North 4 squares.
  • Move South 1 square and then go East 2 squares into the Forest.
  • Idle.
  • Chill.
  • Attack Machamp with Fire Blast.
  • Slow down Ninetales with a Thunder Wave.
  • Spore Gyarados.
  • Place a Light Screen on K12.
  • Brick Break the Light Screen on K12 so that Ninetales can send Scrafty to jail with a Flamethrower.
Map:

• The Excel spreadsheet can be found here.
  • A screenshot can be found here.
  • Yellow is the flag the Red team is trying to obtain.
  • Red is the flag the Yellow team is trying to obatain.
  • Peach is the desert.
  • Light Blue is the sea.
  • Gray is the mountains.
  • Dark Green is the forest.
  • Dark Blue/Purple is the options for where the jail can be.
  • Light Green is simply the field.
Okay, those are the rules for ASB CtF in general. This specific game will either be a 4v4 Brawl or a 2+2 vs 2+2 tag team.

4 vs. 4 Brawl or 2+2 vs. 2+2 Tag Team
3 Chills, 3 Recoveries
2 Day DQ players, 3 Day DQ ref
Items On
Switch Irrelevant
All Abilities

I'll be reffing this!
Die New Page Syndrome! Die!

yeah sorry toast i'm pretty sure that particular exploit will be shot down faster than the hindenburg

instead

2v2 Doubles Training (not counting toward w/l)
5 Chills, 2 Recoveries

1vCombee
1 Day DQ
0 chill/0 Recover
Arena: Combeeland

A Combee themed amusement park whose main attraction is the Crush the Combee World Cup. Morose, I know...

Anyway, for the above, it can either be a Rarity 1 Bug Battle (which would be awesome!), or another Crush the Combee match, if someone thinks they can break Fire Blast's record! And I will have an Exp. Share, you may use what you will.

Also:

1v1 Strongmon
1 Day DQ
2 chill/0 Recover
Arena: Your choice

Exp. Share to be used here, too, preferred if items were restricted to counter gainers, but it's your call.

Accepting Icebug's Rarity 1 Bug Battle.

Abilities = 1
Items = ON
Switch = KO

Also reffing Leethoof vs IceBug Strongmon, PM Teams please.

And Arena?? Seeing as Leethoof didn't pick, I'm calling dibs.

Arena: Time Traveller's Forest
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. A river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide, and sunlight flutters softly down onto this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena so special?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate (Schroeder's Cat Principle. It's Quantum Physics, hard to explain). The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire Moves enjoy a +2BP Boost, while Water Moves suffer a -2BP Boost. In adition, all pokemon unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron under the harsh street lamps of the Big City. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel, Poison and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also be treated as if they have Dry Skin.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective, and will work with their maximum level of effectiveness. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round.

And any other little place that may pop into the Ref's head, as long as it's simple.

CHALLENGING SMASH FOR A BATTLE OF EPIC WIT AND SKILL

it will be 2 vs 2 doubles, NFE ONLY

3 day DQ for battlers and ref

no chills or recoveries (FOR THIS IS A BATTLE. NO BREAKS IN BATTLING)

the arena will be: The ref's mind
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind:
The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!

Looking for a Beginner battle.

1v1 Singles Training(Doesn't count towards W/L ratio from what Zeo tells me)
2 day DQ should be good
2 recovers/5chills
Arena: ASB seeing as it's my first battle.

Looking for a Beginner battle.

1v1 Singles Training(Doesn't count towards W/L ratio from what Zeo tells me)
2 day DQ should be good
2 recovers/5chills
Arena: ASB seeing as it's my first battle.
Yeah, I'll destr, err, I mean take you on for your first battle.
ITEMS ON
NO Switch
One Ability

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah sorry toast i'm pretty sure that particular exploit will be shot down faster than the hindenburg

instead

5 Chills, 2 Recoveries
Accepting.
No switch.
No items.
All abilities.
Ref shall RNG a number between 1 and 184 (iirc) and that will be our arena with the number corresponding to an arena from the arena compenduim.
Strongmons I assume?

CHALLENGING SMASH FOR A BATTLE OF EPIC WIT AND SKILL

it will be 2 vs 2 doubles, NFE ONLY

3 day DQ for battlers and ref

no chills or recoveries (FOR THIS IS A BATTLE. NO BREAKS IN BATTLING)

the arena will be: The ref's mind
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind:
The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!
FIGHT ME

SWITCH IS PUSSY
NO ITEMS
ALL ABILITIES

instead

5 Chills, 2 Recoveries
Accepting.
No switch.
No items.
All abilities.
Ref shall RNG a number between 1 and 184 (iirc) and that will be our arena with the number corresponding to an arena from the arena compenduim.
Strongmons I assume?
Still need a ref for me and Objection on the previous page.
Sub-ref please. For this 3v3 singles match. No KO's yet, so you still get the 6 RC!

EDIT: Smash should get muted for using caps
Hi. I think that is everyone. Tell me if I skipped you.

Oddly enough, Glacier Knight and I also came up with a Capture the Flag-style battle and I am willing to ref such a battle. I checked with Fire Blast and he said it was OK for me to post our idea, so here it is:

Capture the Flag (Objection and Glacier Knight's way)

Goal

To be the first to X amount of capture points (between 1 and 5, specified by whoever issues the challenge (or in this case the first person to accept)). While knocking out all of your opponent's pokemon might help towards this goal, doing so does not result in a win.

Battle format

Capture the Flag battles can either be 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6. All pokemon are out at the same time and all rounds last for a maximum of 2 actions. There is a red flag in the red team's side of the arena and a blue flag in the blue team's side of the arena. Which battler will be red team and which battler will be blue team is decided by RNG. There is no inherent advantage to either one; it's solely to make it easier to specify which flag you're referring to in the commands specific to Capture the Flag.

Flag Capture Mechanics

Note: all bolded commands in this section cost 5 energy and cannot be Encored, Disabled or blocked by any other moves.

A pokemon may pick up a flag if the specified flag is not currently being held by another pokemon (ie, it is either at its starting position or it has been dropped somewhere in the arena). If the pokemon picks up its own team's flag, the flag is instantly warped back to its starting position. If the flag belongs to the other team, the pokemon keeps hold of it until it either captures the flag or drops it.

While a pokemon is holding its opponent's flag, it has the option of capturing the held flag. The pokemon can only do so if its own team's flag is in its starting position. If it is, the team gains 1 capture point and the captured flag is instantly returned to its starting position.

In between picking up its opponent's flag and capturing it, the pokemon may drop it under certain circumstances. A pokemon always drops any flag it is holding upon being knocked out. The move Knock Off also causes the target to drop any flag it is holding. All other damaging moves can be used to try to knock a flag out of a pokemon's hand. The chance of a pokemon dropping a flag is equal to (3 * the attack's damage)% (eg, an attack that does 15 damage has a 45% chance of causing the pokemon to drop the flag). If, however, the move causes the pokemon to flinch, that guarantees that the pokemon drops the flag.

One other thing a pokemon can do while holding its opponent's flag is pass the flag to an ally. This command always has an 80% chance of success. If it fails, the flag lands on the arena floor.

Respawn Mechanics and Prize Information

In Capture the Flag battles, a KO'd pokemon is not permanently removed from battle. At the end of the round after it gets knocked out, the pokemon's HP and energy are restored to a certain point and the pokemon respawns. A pokemon's first respawn causes it to return to its maximum HP and energy. Subsequent respawns restore a flat 20% less HP and energy each time (so the second respawn restores 80% max HP and energy, the third respawn 60%, the fourth respawn 40% and all respawns after the fourth restore 20%).

Because of this respawning mechanic, no KO counters are awarded in Capture the Flag battles as otherwise counter farming would be too easy. Instead, pokemon are awarded Flag Counters or FC every time they successfully capture the opponent's flag. In addition, every pokemon on the winning team gets a bonus FC.

---

So yeah, you get to choose from two systems.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Elevator Music

1v1 Singles
0 Recover / 1 Chill
1 Day DQ
Arena: A Tundra. Flat. Tons of Snow. Nothing else.

I bring Delibird. You bring someone to lose to Delibird. Sound good?

(yes, this was just CPed from my last challenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)