VGC '12 New England Regional - Providence, RI - WON BY Charzaro [And Babbytron]

Countdown: TODAY!

Rhode Island Convention Center [ Map ]
1 Sabin Street
Providence, RI 02903

Registration Opens: Sun, Nov 13th, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Registration Closes: Sun, Nov 13th, 2011 at 9:45 AM

For the first time, Pokémon is combining their Trading Card and Video Game Regionals for one incredible event! The New England Regional, located at the Rhode Island Convention Center is a new location for Video Game players. With a new tournament format, everyone gets to play and no one gets eliminated, so come join some of the toughest and most skilled trainers in the country at the 2012 Pokémon VGC New England Regional.

Information:
  1. Regionals has now become a 2 day event. The first day is solely for the card game, and the 2nd is for the video game.
  2. The tournament will not be single elimination anymore. Matches for tournaments are set up using the Swiss Pairing Method. In this method, all players in a tournament play in each round against an opponent with a similar win/loss record. Players are not paired against opponents they have previously played. To sum it up, you are paired with a random opponent through the computer that has the same record as you.
  3. There will be no Top Cut: This means that results will be based off Swiss standings, and tiebreakers (Your opponent's win %) will be used to determine placing.
Prizes:

All participants will receive 5 Play! Points, and a Pokémon Regional Championships promo card (while supplies last), just for playing!

1st Place

• A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 1st Place medal
  • A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • Additional Pokémon-themed items
  • 10 Championship Points
2nd Place

• A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 2nd Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • 8 Championship Points
3rd & 4th Place

• A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • 6 Championship Points
5th through 36th will all earn championship points based on attendance, but these points do not affect us this year.

Attending

Masters Division
  1. soul_survivor
  2. Solace
  3. Sapphire Birch
  4. TehDerek
  5. tennisace
  6. Expert Evan
  7. Shinkou
  8. Mosquito
  9. TheGr8
  10. kinderlew
  11. RedSpyda
  12. dtrain
  13. Infinity.Cypher
Senior Division

1. Cybertron
  2. iss
  3. BlitznBurst

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Wait it says registration starts 9:00, so does that mean masters, seniors, and juniors must be there by 9:00, or is that just seniors/juniors?

Wish I could attend, but can't :( Cybertron, I hope I can see you in Philly! However I have confidence that you can easily sweep Seniors, again. :)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We're both attending for masters: Expert Evan & Shinkou
And yay, kudos for it being swiss this time.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
In for Masters :( Totally screwed facing old people :(
heh, its gonna get tougher.(wish i had just 1 more year in senior). Though wasn't there last year a master that was still 15/16( or around that. Can't remember name) who made it to worlds(?), or nats.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
heh, its gonna get tougher.(wish i had just 1 more year in senior). Though wasn't there last year a master that was still 15/16( or around that. Can't remember name) who made it to worlds(?), or nats.
I believe superwolfe was in the Master division for being something like a month too old for Seniors and he won the VGC2011 US Nationals and made Top 8 at the Worlds.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would still have been a senior in 2009 if the age division existed, and I won a regional and top 8d nationals that year.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
please dtrain lets avoid each other at all costs i dont think the game cartridge can handle it :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)