VGC '12 Mid-Atlantic Regional - Doswell, VA - November 13th

andrea

/me cresselias

The Farm Bureau Center at the Meadow Event Park [ Map of the Park ]
13111 Dawn Boulevard
Doswell, VA 23047

Juniors/Seniors Registration: 8 AM to 9 AM
Masters Registration: 11:45 AM to 12:45 PM

For the first time, Pokémon is combining their Trading Card and Video Game Regionals for one incredible event! The Mid-Atlantic Regional is located at the Farm Bureau Center at the Meadow Event Park this year. With a new tournament format, everyone gets to play and no one gets eliminated. Take a trip to Virgina and come join some of the toughest and most skilled trainers in the country at the 2012 Pokémon VGC Mid-Atlantic Regional!

Information:
  1. Regionals has now become a 2 day event. The first day is for the card game, and the 2nd is for the video game.
  2. The tournament will not be single elimination anymore. Matches for tournaments are set up using the Swiss Pairing Method. In this method, all players in a tournament play in each round against an opponent with a similar win/loss record. Players are not paired against opponents they have previously played. You are paired with a random opponent through the computer that has the same record as you.
  3. There will be no Top Cut. This means that results will be based off of Swiss standings. Tiebreakers (your opponent's win %) will be used to determine placing.
Special Hotel Information

The Pokemon Tournament Organizer for the Mid-Atlantic region has reserved a room block on Saturday night for competitors this year.

Best Western King's Quarters
16102 Theme Park Way
Doswell, VA 23047
Phone: (804) 876-3321

Rooms are available for just $50.16 (after taxes!) in the room block.
Call the hotel directly and mention the "Pokemon Tournament" to receive this rate.
The hotel is less than two miles from the convention center.
Prizes:

All participants will receive 5 Play! Points, and a Pokémon Regional Championships promo card (while supplies last), just for playing!

1st Place

• A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 1st Place medal
  • A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • Additional Pokémon-themed items
  • 10 Championship Points
2nd Place

• A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 2nd Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • 8 Championship Points
3rd & 4th Place

• A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • 6 Championship Points
5th through 36th will all earn championship points based on attendance, but these points do not affect us this year.

Attending
Masters Division

1. andrea (not going)
  2. Magnus (aka Chad) (not going)
  3. bearsfan092 (not going)
  4. Jibaku
  5. cosmicexplorer (not going)
  6. muffinhead
  7. icepick
  8. PokeKid5
  9. superwolfe
  10. cocy965
  11. Dethbrynger413
  12. TTS
  13. Hawkstar (not going)
Senior Division

1. TalkingLion
  2. Darkpenguin67
  3. Superpokemon67
  4. hipoke

andrea

/me cresselias
$50 a night is absolutely heavenly, plus we'll be surrounded by a bunch of other competitors which is pretty cool. I'm mainly excited that its swiss instead of single elimination this year.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i am going if i can beg jibs or danny or danny for a ride

o.o aaaaa i want to go see everyone 8D cant wait

Hipoke!!!!!!! :D

On that note, me and my dad found an amazing deal on a hotel.

We have the opportunity to get a discounted rate at a very new hotel only 1.5 miles from the tournament sight. My dad called the Country Inn & Suites and they will give us a group rate if we can come up with 10 or more rooms. The room is only $49.99 ($56.49) but includes a FREE HOT Breakfast for 1 adult and up to 3 children under the age of 16! The cost is usually over $70 before tax. Think of how much you could save not eating at the Denny’s in the other hotel. The Country Inn also has an indoor pool and hot tub and has a traveler rating of 4.4 out of 5 on Orbitz.

So I need to have at least 10 commitments to book the room block. Then I will let you know how to call and reserve your room for the tournament. Spread the word to your TCG friends as well. I’m sure they will honor the block for the Friday night as well. So message me and let me know what night you would want the room for and when I have enough commitments I will call the hotel to reserve the block. Then I’ll let you know the name that it is under so you or your parents can call to get the discounted rate. If you have any questions go ahead and ask.

andrea

/me cresselias
Just booked my room at Best Western... I also found out that the room rates are $50.16 with taxes included, so that made my day. ^_^

Also, in case you haven't noticed, registration times are now listed on the official event website...

Juniors and Seniors Registration: 8 AM to 9 AM

Holy goodness I'll probably be getting home at 4 in the morning at this rate since they split up the times for masters and seniors/juniors. ;_;

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ugh, turns out I'm not going. Luckily I don't need to go to the Regionals to qualify, and I definitely plan on making it to the Nationals, whenever that is.

Just booked my room at Best Western... I also found out that the room rates are $50.16 with taxes included, so that made my day. ^_^

Also, in case you haven't noticed, registration times are now listed on the official event website...

Juniors and Seniors Registration: 8 AM to 9 AM

Holy goodness I'll probably be getting home at 4 in the morning at this rate since they split up the times for masters and seniors/juniors. ;_;
Did you not read the 2 paragraph post in front of you?!?!?!?

Wow, I can't believe I have to wake up so early for registration. Do they really expect to get done with Juniors/Seniors by 11:45???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)