Snover [QC 3/3]

[Overview]

- Niche as the only perma weather starter in RU
- The only way to use a hail team effectively in RU
-provides hail support to the many abusers in the tier like Walrein, Glaceon and Rotom-F
-Is not so much dead weight thanks to Eviolite and Leech Seed.
- Terrible typing and offensive prowress means it is set up fodder for a lot of things

[SET]

name: SubSeed
move 1: Leech Seed
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Protect/ Toxic
move 4: Giga Drain/ Blizzard
item: Eviolite
ability: Snow Warning
nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/ 8 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

-most common set
-takes advantage of Eviolite best (lack of recovery solved by Leech Seed and subs are hard to break)
- EV's are for max special bulk because it shouldnt take physical hits and to switch into SR 4 times
-slightly compensates for SR weakness
-Leech Seed supports team well (Stallrein with Leech Seed is amazing)
-Longevity allows it to switch in to change the weather many times a match
-Protect scouts for surprise HP fires and and gains more recovery
-Toxic useful for more residual damage
-Blizzard is to hit grass types that arent affected by Leech Seed while Giga Drain offers recovery

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

-a set of 248 HP/ 172 SpD/ 88 Def is also an option but it should generally wall special attackers only.
-Bad typing for physical defense as well (Flare Blitz, Hi-jump Kick and Stone Edge)
- HP fire optional for last slot to hit steels
-Vulnerable to status so Heal bell is nice
-vulnerale to hazards so Rapid Spin is nice
-no recovery so Wish support is... you get the picture
-Water types have great synergy and can offer the above (Lanturn for Heal Bell, Wartortle for Spinning, Alomomola for Wish)
-Likes T-spikes supprt and Omastar has nice synergy with it
-Can force a couple switches especially with Toxic so hazard support is nice
-basically anything that likes hail. Walrein is especially useful (benefits from Leech Seed and both love the same teammates)

[SET]

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Blizzard
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Hidden Power Ground
move 4: Ice Shard
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Hasty
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
-checks rain teams that hail teams hate
-can beat some chloryphyll sweepers especially Tangrowth but be careful of HP fire
-Blizzard has amazing power and can beat the many grass and flying types in the tier
- Giga Drain can recover a lot of health especially with Specs and useful STAB in general for waters and ice types that resist blizzard
-HP ground covers steel and fire types that resist dual satb
-Even with Scarf, isnt particularly fast so Ice Shard allows it to pick off faster threats (Swellow, Sceptile Sawsbuck)

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-EV spread and nature allows it to outspeed max speed 80 base (specifically Kabutops) and neutral nature 95 base thanks to scarf
-Max Special Attack and the rest dumped into HP and switch into SR 4 times
- Rapid Spin support is extra important as this set switches much more. Staryu, Wartortle and Claydol have nice synergy and Cryogonal likes hail
- just like aboves set, anything that likes hail likes Snover and Snover can clean up after Blizzard users.
-Likes hazards as he can also force a coupke switches and cripples fire types that give it trouble like Moltres and Enteil

[Other Options]

-Thanks to priority Ice Shard and a high base power Wood hammer an SD set is kinda viable but outclassed by things with an actual attack stat
-Specs set can be used as it can recover a lot of health with Giga Drain but is generally outcclassed by Scarf
-basically all offensive sets suck due to low stats
-Ice Shard is an option on its sets but generally needs investment to do anything beyond killing a Focus Sasher off.

[Checks and Counters]

-It is weak to: Fire, rock, fighting, bug, steel and poison so a lot of things can kill it even with Eviolite like Medicham, Entei, Aggron etc.
-Moltres can Toxic and Sub stall it, outspeed even the Scarf set with positive nature, 4x resists grass, has Dp. Def to take Blizzards and has Fire Blast to easily kill it.
-Can't do much damage to Ferroseed while you get paralyzed and have Spikes set up
-chipping away at it is easy due to no offensive pressure
- SR is a huge thorn in his side
- status greatly lowers durability

... I can't read this. Please follow this guide to analysis formatting.

Edit: Also, there's no set... ?_?

EDIT 2: much better :)

For the EV spread, I would just invest all in Special Defense to take those special water, grass, ice, and electric attacks better. It gets totally destroyed by physical attacks anyway. You also forgot the nature, which should be Calm. You also need a Checks and Counters section. Walrein is a good teammate to abuse permahail and hailstall etc

... I can't read this. Please follow this guide to analysis formatting.

Edit: Also, there's no set... ?_?

EDIT 2: much better :)

For the EV spread, I would just invest all in Special Defense to take those special water, grass, ice, and electric attacks better. It gets totally destroyed by physical attacks anyway. You also forgot the nature, which should be Calm. You also need a Checks and Counters section. Walrein is a good teammate to abuse permahail and hailstall etc
Sorry for double post but whatever.

I cant believe I forgot nature but added as well checks and counters being up a while ago. Mentioned Walrein and added max special bulk with mixed bulk in AC I had it in mind to be able to take Ferroseeds Gyro Balls better and such but he cant really do anything back to Ferroseed anyway

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is what I had in mind for the set:

[SET]
name: SubSeed
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Protect / Toxic
move 4: Giga Drain / Blizzard
item: Eviolite
nature: Calm
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD

Toxic and Blizzard are slashed because they are both completely viable options depending on your team. Toxic becomes redundant if you have TSpikes on your team, but it's nice if you don't. Blizzard is nice if you don't like Grass-types not named Lilligant shitting on you (she shits on you anyway), mostly Tangrowth/Ferroseed. Hidden Power Fire is also an option in the third slot and should get a mention in AC since you can catch Steelix/Ferroseed by surprise and it still does a good number on Tangrowth.

Max Special Defense because you should only be trying to take special hits anyway (Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam) and every physical attack basically OHKOes even if you invest some Defense there (you should be switching out of Ferroseed anyway unless you have Blizzard/HP Fire).

EDIT: also EVs doesn't have an apostrophe

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hail doesn't "suck" in RU, its actually pretty damn good with the right abusers on your side. Mention in the analysis just how important Snover is to hail type teams and how it benefits a ton of hail abusers (blizzspamers, walrein etc) Also, consider adding a choice set. Its set for those who want to use Snover in a more offensive manner and its actually a semi decent revenge attacker/revenge killer. It only outspeeds +base 80s (which is admittedly pretty bad) but its better than nothing.

name: Choice
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP/ 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 244 Spe

Hail doesn't "suck" in RU, its actually pretty damn good with the right abusers on your side. Mention in the analysis just how important Snover is to hail type teams and how it benefits a ton of hail abusers (blizzspamers, walrein etc) Also, consider adding a choice set. Its set for those who want to use Snover in a more offensive manner and its actually a semi decent revenge attacker/revenge killer. It only outspeeds +base 80s (which is admittedly pretty bad) but its better than nothing.

name: Choice
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP/ 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 244 Spe
Took out of OO and added as a set. I moved the 8 SpD eves to HP for simplicitys sake. I dont really know what they do but can easily change it back.

Quoted from PK, who I asked the same thing.

PK Gaming said:
CS Snover is more useful on offensive hail teams as opposed to balanced and stall hail teams. Its an option for users who want Snovers with barely decent speed(outspeeds neutral 95s and positive 80s) that can throw out base 180 Blizzards. I've had matches where a Snover cleaned up with blizzard after the opposing team was weakened from my Glaceon, my jynx etc.

The set isn't "great" but its an option for users who want something different imo. Just my 2 cents on it.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First set looks good. Personally I'd prefer Blizzard as the first slash on the fourth move, but I'll leave it up to you.

The second set looks pretty terrible this gen now that Eviolite exists, but I guess it has a small niche against other weathers. It should only be Scarf though, Specs is never going to get a hit off against anything. Also, Ice Shard is hilariously weak (only 40% max to Swellow? lol) but I guess there's really nothing else to put in that slot...you also have too many EVs, it should be 8 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe.

Make sure you mention Rotom-F a lot, since it's by far the best hail abuser in the tier.

So yeah, remove Specs and fix the EVs on the second set and I'll stamp this.

First set looks good. Personally I'd prefer Blizzard as the first slash on the fourth move, but I'll leave it up to you.

The second set looks pretty terrible this gen now that Eviolite exists, but I guess it has a small niche against other weathers. It should only be Scarf though, Specs is never going to get a hit off against anything. Also, Ice Shard is hilariously weak (only 40% max to Swellow? lol) but I guess there's really nothing else to put in that slot...you also have too many EVs, it should be 8 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe.

Make sure you mention Rotom-F a lot, since it's by far the best hail abuser in the tier.

So yeah, remove Specs and fix the EVs on the second set and I'll stamp this.
Fixed and put Specs in OO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)