VGC '12 Northwest Regional - Salem, OR - WON BY Branflakes

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Oregon State Fair and Expo Center - Jackman Long (Americraft Center) [ Map ]
2330 17th Street NE
Salem, OR 97301-0601​

Juniors/Seniors Registration: 8:00 AM to 9:45 AM. Play Begins at 10:00 AM.
Masters Registration: 11:00 AM to 1:45 PM. Play Begins at 2:00 PM.

For the first time, Pokémon is combining their Trading Card and Video Game Regionals for one incredible event! The Northwest Regional, located at the Oregon State Fair and Expo Center is a new location for Video Game players. With a new tournament format, everyone gets to play and no one gets eliminated, so come join some of the toughest and most skilled trainers in the region at the 2012 Pokémon VGC Northwest Regional.

Information:
  1. Regionals has now become a 2 day event. The first day is for the card game, and the 2nd is for the video game.
  2. The tournament will not be single elimination anymore. Matches for tournaments are set up using the Swiss Pairing Method. In this method, all players in a tournament play in each round against an opponent with a similar win/loss record. Players are not paired against opponents they have previously played. You are paired with a random opponent through the computer that has the same record as you.
  3. There will be no Top Cut. This means that results will be based off of Swiss standings. Tiebreakers (your opponent's win %) will be used to determine placing.
Hotel Information
An attendee of the Northwest Regional has talked to some local hotels to get discounts for everyone:
The Shilo Inn
3304 Market St. NE
Salem, OR 97301

$70+ tax
Phone: 503-581-4001 and mention Pokemon Regionals for discount price.
The hotel offers free breakfast and parking, pool, sauna & workout room for guest use.​
Prizes:
All participants will receive 5 Play! Points, and a Pokémon Regional Championships promo card (while supplies last), just for playing!

1st Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 1st Place medal
  • A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • Additional Pokémon-themed items
  • 10 Championship Points
2nd Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 2nd Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • A first- and second-round bye at the 2012 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships**
  • 8 Championship Points
3rd & 4th Place
  • A Pokémon Video Game Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place medal
  • A $300 travel allowance (including an additional $300 travel allowance for players under 18) to participate in the 2011 Pokémon Video Game U.S. National Championships at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, OR the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Canada National Championships in Toronto, ON.*
  • 6 Championship Points
5th through 36th will all earn championship points based on attendance, but these points do not affect us this year.

Attending
Masters Division
  1. Bug Maniac Marc (+3)
  2. BEACH
  3. Joan
  4. Valdens
  5. MasterKoga
  6. Tween Star
  7. Itakio
  8. Wolt
  9. Jamnt0ast
  10. Terrador
  11. Dragonking700
  12. Team Rocket Elite
  13. R Inanimate
  14. HDmvp41 (+4)
Senior Division
  1. SnakesOnAPlane

Bringing a couple Masters boys down from Spokane. The Northwest needs to take it's own regional this year.

-SPF Bug Maniac Marc
-SPF BEACH
-SPF Joan
-SPF Valdens
-SPF MasterKoga
-SPF Tween Star
-SPF Itakio
-SPF Praeceps
-SPF Wolt
-SPF Jamnt0ast
-SPF Intern Lucas
-SPF Robert "TCG" Weedman

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I couldn't find Praeceps, Intern Lucas, and Robert. If they have accounts by other names lemme know!

Saturday the 12th is also a day for VG activity- On the 12th, the main focus is the card tournament with Sunday being the top cut for finales. Team Rocket members ( I am one of those members) will be running/assisting/staffing in the VG department on both days. Saturday is a day to come test out your teams, battle, learn some skills (for new players) and an over-all "training camp" kind of thing. Team Rocket is offering Pokies for anyone who is interested.

@Firestorm- thanks for posting this information, I am used to the atmosphere style of the Pokegym and hopefully get used to the atmosphere here on this site. (as well as up my game skills in the VG)

I hope to see all yall there!

Firestorm

Yeah, if someone is driving down from Vancouver and I can hitch a ride I might be going, but otherwise no. BTW, I did ask for clarification on prizes (thinking maybe a Canadian could win a trip to Canadian Nationals at a US event) and this was the answer I got:

The trips awarded at US Regionals are to the US Nationals Championship. If a non-US residents wins a Regional Championship the trip will pass down to the highest placing US Resident.

The reverse will be true when Regionals happen in Canada in the spring.

The rules for travel stipends have not been announced yet.
I should probably have followed up about Byes before closing the ticket.

Hey guys, I'll be staffing the TCG and probably the VGC too.
We're doing lots of stuff to hopefully draw in players from VGC and try to have the biggest Oregon tournament ever. On the day of the TCG tournament there will be a VGC practice tournament, free giveaways for entering the main TCG tournament (3ds, 550 code cards for the TCG online game, copies of black and white ect), and if you play in the TCG tournament we've had people breed, ev train and level 100 total Chandelure, Mienshao, Archeops and Zoroarks (25 of each) and we'll give you one of your choice.
We're only doing this stuff on the 12th however!

There will be tons of theme decks we can loan to anyone without legal cards or any cards, so anyone can show up and play for 100% free.

we also have a facebook page set up for the TCG tournament! You can ask any questions there

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=225582184172175

Hope to see you guys not only on the 13th, but the day before too :)

Valdens and myself are dressing up as Throh and Sawk. SPF will be more than happy to talk to anyone that is astray from a large group of friends. Please don't be a Badintent and never make eye contact with me.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I enjoyed the music. If you guys need a professional video maker, hit me up on my bluetooth. I know a guy in the bidness.

Firestorm

cranky synre

i am too adhd for this video please post a shorter video for me

seriously i can barely stand still here

Woo Lane is cool, was just wondering cause I thought his tag was SPF Lane from what I've seen

And lol nice to see you got the joke

For those of you who show up on the 12th and participate in the card game or in the VG activities/tournament- we will be offering Female Dream World Pokemon with their Dream World Abilities and other Pokemon for your game carts. They will be given out while "supplies" last. Team Rocket is working on all kinds of stuff for the two days, so come and check it all out on the 12th and 13th - hope too see all yall there!

Firestorm

Sounds great benzo and B3AR!

Updated OP with start times:

Juniors/Seniors Registration: 8:00 AM
Masters Registration: Once Juniors / Seniors are done registering. Play Begins at 2:00 PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)