Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reserving a super special awesome Lapras for Sage Chow, will be his 3rd "all game" Pokemon. Editing now.

Congratulations Sage Chow! You get to use Serene the Lapras in your HG challange! Lapras is easily one of the most useful in-game Pokemon around, so you're really lucky to be able to use one through the entire game, all the way through both Kanto and Johto!

There's just one minor hitch you see. Serene is a complete pacifist, and so must never, ever, EVER use a move that directly damages the opponent. This means any move that has BP, or does variable damage (or damage equal to the users level, like Night Shade). In order to show that non-violence is just as effective as violent means, she must solo the single most brutish and violent gym leader in Johto: Chuck! Stupid brute with his nasty, violent fighting Pokemon, he must be shown the power of PEACE and LOVE! Furthermore, she feels the need to show the true potential of non-violence by soloing one of the Elite 4 (Will in this case since he's the only one left).

Enjoy your wonderful Lapras!

you said you wanted it to be insane

Updating my Scramble Challange. Checking my time, I accomplished the following in 2 hours and 24 minutes:

To recap, here's my team:
Kicker the Torchic
Must evolve at level 16 to Combusken & then 36 to Blaziken
Must always know Double Kick and Blaze Kick
Last two moves may not be fighting or fire type
Must solo Flannery and Norman, one with only kicking moves

Cindy the female Taillow
Can evolve after I have 4 gym badges and she solos 15 trainer-owned electric types
Must solo Winona, 50 flying types between Mauville-Fortree-Lilycove
Must always know endeavor; must take 10 Pokemon down to 20HP or less with Endeavor ASAP
Must always be in my party

Swarley the Gulpin
Must know two of Amnesia, Yawn, Encore, Attract
Must solo one trainer in every gym OR put one gym leader Pokemon in every gym OR solo three of Juan's Pokemon in a row
Land an attack on every legendary

Higgins the male Volbeat
Must switch out when his HP is at half or less
Must learn and keep Frustration, soloing Soundproof Pokemon with it

Sunz the Solrock
Must know Sunny Day and Fire Blast ASAP
Must use Sunny Day first in all battles
Must land the final blow on Tate's Solrock
Cannot know rock and psychic moves at the same time

Fastest the Wailmer
Sent into battle whenever an enemy uses a priority move
Must be in top three slots of team
Evolve after consuming 10 Carbos

Solo Rayquaza

After beating Rayquaza, all previous requirements are lifted, except quick claw
Must hold Quick Claw for the entire game

SCRAMBLE CHALLANGE PART 1

• I named myself Luigi, being Emerald (Green) version and all, and that Luigi is better than Mario!
  • Started off the game picking Kicker the Torchic with a Sassy nature. Not the worst I could have got. At least I don't have a -Atk or -SpA nature, I can live with -Spe for in-game purposes.
  • Easy going at this point, nothing stands in Kicker's path.
  • Reaching Petalburg Woods, I decide to find my Taillow here. First I find is female - awesome! Only I KO'd it due to crit hax >.< Luckily the second one I found was female too and it survived my Scratch.
  • Caught Cindy the Taillow with a Relaxed nature. Really, another -Spe nature? Again, I could have gotten worse. At least Kicker and Cindy will have some added bulk to them...
  • Reaching level 15 for both of my Pokemon after Petalburg Woods, I decide to grind in Route 116 so Kicker evolves into Combusken for my gym battle.
  • Surely enough, Kicker destroys the whole gym with Double Kick. One gym down, seven to go...
  • Helping the Devon Corp. dude is no sweat. Team Aqua is destroyed, Peeko is saved.
  • Heading through Petalburg Woods, I decide to venture into the area which requires cut, but I need an HM slave first... finding a wild Shroomish, I catch it and name it Mushaboom. Nature? BRAVE. Another -Spe? This looks like it will be a trend... Ah well, just an HM slave... who cannot learn Cut. Whoops.
  • Off to catch a Zigzagoon. 20 minutes later, I feel I've caught the most elusive Pokemon ever. Boone the Quirky Zigzagoon. At least no -Spe nature anymore. lol Finishing Petalburg Woods now that I can use Cut, fairly uneventful.
  • Going off to Dewford Town, Cindy breezes through Brawly's gym. Makuhita gives me some trouble with Vital Throw, but luckily avoid getting KO'd. Luckily, level 19 was just high enough to triumph.
  • Off to Granite Cave, found Steven, taught Cindy Steel Wing so she can do something to rock types. Luckily, my Mushaboom was able to learn Flash, so going through the cave was easy.
  • Over to Slateport, Team Aqua is destroyed, easy peasy.
  • Going up to Route 110, I'm searching for half an hour (Until 1:15, mind you. I did not get sleep) searching for a freaking Gulpin. The more-elusive-than-Zigzagoon Pokemon. Finally encountering one, I just want to sleep! If I KO it, I would not be happy, so a Great Ball catches it at full health. Swarley the Gulpin... has a Quiet nature. REALLY!? -Spe again!? Not that I'm complaining - Gulpin doesn't have stellar speed, but this is getting too predictable... at least he has +SpA and being a poison type and all...
Summing up, I have:
Kicker the Sassy Combusken: Level 22: Double Kick/Peck/Focus Energy/Ember
Cindy the Relaxed Taillow: Level 25: Wing Attack/Steel Wing/Focus Energy/Quick Attack
Swarley the Quiet Gulpin: Level 12: Pound/Yawn/Poison Gas
Looking in good shape here!
And oh - I forgot to mention that Cindy solo'd a trainer's Electrike. 1/15 solo trainer electric types, done now.

I hope that didn't bore you too much. I've never written a summary of my Challange before, please provide criticism if there's anything I can do to improve!

EDIT:
Reserving for Sage Chow. Will edit when I finish Chapter 1 of my scramble.

Also Lafonda, the update has nice size, but I'd love to see a story to go with it. Just look at chapter 1 of mine when I'm done.
BTW, I'll let you guys know when Chapter 1 is done.
Sounds good, thank you! I've seen some stories before but I've never written one...

Also Lafonda, the update has nice size, but I'd love to see a story to go with it. Just look at chapter 1 of mine when I'm done.

Guys, another part of Chapter 1 is up. Will get the rest in later, along with my challenge for Sage Chow.

That reminds me, Lafonda, I'll be using your iterpretation, as I am NOT having a Totodile until Lt. Surge. I should be done and a Croconaw after Morty.

Guys, another part of Chapter 1 is up. Will get the rest in later, along with my challenge for Sage Chow.

That reminds me, Lafonda, I'll be using your iterpretation, as I am NOT having a Totodile until Lt. Surge. I should be done and a Croconaw after Morty.
I'll definitely make more of a story in my next log. While it will probably be less thorough than yours (mine cover larger spans of time) I think it should turn out well.
I rather enjoyed your first part... and all the anger towards everything. lol Too bad about Jolly Totodile though. That would have been a solid starter.
Also, I think my interpretation is more reasonable. However, looking at the original challenge and not your quick question summarizing of the problem, it does look more like the intended challenge. Nonetheless, you're right about no evolving Totodile until after the E4 being ridiculous.

Oh yeah, I'm back again. I've had what, 2 scrambles in the past? Both of them petered out. But I'm back, and I hope to finish it up this time. Here are the rules.

• I'm playing through Sapphire.
  • No, I can't trade.
  • Nothing with berries or time related please. I've had the cartridge so long, the battery's dry.
  • Easy-medium or medium difficulty.
  • No excessive grinding.
  • Try and be creative.
  • Put "ah" in white after the challange so I know you read this.
  • All pokemon obtainable before Winona.
  • Type variety would be nice.
  • All pokemon must be fully evolvable if they can evolve.

But there's a theme.

I'm a semi-average pokemon card collector. I can't battle with them at all if I tried, but collecting them is a fun side hobby of mine. I love staring at them, inspecting them closely. So, the theme is Pokemon TCG cards. All your challanges must be based off of a Pokemon TCG card, and yes, fakes do count. Include a picture of the card you based the challanges off of, please.

Go crazy, folks!

Oh yeah, I'm back again. I've had what, 2 scrambles in the past? Both of them petered out. But I'm back, and I hope to finish it up this time. Here are the rules.

• I'm playing through Sapphire.
  • No, I can't trade.
  • Nothing with berries or time related please. I've had the cartridge so long, the battery's dry.
  • Easy-medium or medium difficulty.
  • No excessive grinding.
  • Try and be creative.
  • Put "ah" in white after the challange so I know you read this.
  • All pokemon obtainable before Winona.
  • Type variety would be nice.
  • All pokemon must be fully evolvable if they can evolve.

But there's a theme.

I'm a semi-average pokemon card collector. I can't battle with them at all if I tried, but collecting them is a fun side hobby of mine. I love staring at them, inspecting them closely. So, the theme is Pokemon TCG cards. All your challanges must be based off of a Pokemon TCG card, and yes, fakes do count. Include a picture of the card you based the challanges off of, please.

Go crazy, folks!
Ziposaki, take Kizuki the Cacnea.
Kizuki is based off this card:

Kizuki is a very mischievous Pokemon. He does not always want to listen to you, and therefore, you may not always have a choice as to how he attacks.
Once Kizuki is caught, he may NOT contribute to ANY battles until he goes up FIVE levels. This means that you may use Rare Candies, Exp. Share, or the 'bait and switch' method: sending Kizuki out and then bringing him in so another Pokemon defeats the enemy. Kizuki will gain experience but he did not use any attacks in battle.
Perhaps this is why Kizuki is so mischievous - he's angry at you for ignoring him in battles!
Since its first attack is Sneaky Attack, Kizuki must always know Faint Attack. Every turn Kizuki attacks, you must flip two coins. If both are heads, you must use Faint Attack.
Since its second attack is Shoot Needle, Kizuki must always know Needle Arm. Again, flip two coins before choosing a move to use. If both are tails, you must use Needle Arm.
If you get a combination of heads and tails on the two coins (50% chance) then you may have your choice in which move Kizuki uses.

To recap:
Kizuki must know Faint Attack and Needle Arm when it is learned
Always flip two coins before choosing a move
If two heads are flipped, use Faint Attack; two tails, Needle Arm
He may not contribute to battle in any way until he grows five levels

I hope this can clear up uncertainties involving the coin flips:
Before Kizuki learns Faint Attack, you do not need to flip coins. You may use whatever move you want. When Kizuki can learn Faint Attack, he must learn it and you must start flipping coins. At this point, all that matters is flipping two heads or not. Once you can learn Needle Arm, you must learn it and now it matters if you flip two heads or two tails. Keep in mind that you may still choose Faint Attack or Needle Arm if you flip one heads and one tails.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the TCG inspired set!

ah

Reserving Sableye for Ziposaki. Cool theme, bro.

Ziposaki, take a Sableye and name it Shadow.
It cannot have the ability Stall, because it likes to move first.
It must always use Fake Out immediately every time it is sent out, to ensure that it takes the lead. (After level 21)
It can only use STAB attacking moves if the foe has less HP than Sableye.

It must solo two trainers in Norman's gym, one of Tate/Liza's pokes, and two of Pheobe's pokes.

Good luck!

ah

Firered challange is going well, but playing only one game can get boring during the grinding phases. I'm looking to take on an easy heartgold mono water challange.
I reserve the right to reject challanges, but I probably won't.
I can't trade.
I don't need a starter.
No nfe's.
A starmie and a lapras would be nice :)

Firered challange is going well, but playing only one game can get boring during the grinding phases. I'm looking to take on an easy heartgold mono water challange.
I reserve the right to reject challanges, but I probably won't.
I can't trade.
I don't need a starter.
No nfe's.
A starmie and a lapras would be nice :)
jon_eod, take Lagoon the Wooper.
Lagoon thoroughly enjoyed living in his lagoon and is very unhappy that you have stolen him away from his habitat. Therefore, he will not evolve for you until he has reached level 30.
At first, he tries to make his surroundings remind him of his home as much as possible, therefore, his first two move in battle must always be a ground type move and a water type move. (You can choose the order in which you use them)
At level 23, when he learns Amnesia, he realizes that there's no hope in trying to surround himself with memories of home, therefore, he will always use Amnesia as his first move in battle. To complement his desire to forget his home, he may not use a water or ground type move again until he evolves. (He may still know them, just not use them)
Once he evolves at level 30, he has come to terms with being with you, in fact, he has grown quite a liking to you. He will be the lead Pokemon in your party (and following behind you) from the instant you beat one gym until you beat another. If he faints, you must immediately go to a Pokemon Center and heal him so he may follow you again.
To prove how he's changed, he must solo the gym in which he has been following you around in the events leading up to the battle. (May I recommend Olivine?)
After all this, there are no more restrictions. Place Lagoon wherever you'd like in your party and have whatever moveset you'd like.

To recap:
Must use a ground and water type move as the first two moves in battle until level 23
At level 23, he must use Amnesia first in battle and never any water or ground moves until level 30
He may evolve at level 30, no sooner
Once he reaches level 30, there are no more restrictions on moves
Once a Quagsire, he must be the lead Pokemon in your party right after you beat a gym until he solos the next gym leader
While being the lead Pokemon in the above restriction, if he ever faints, you must immediately heal him at a Pokemon Center
After he solos his required gym leader, there are no more restrictions

Best of luck! I'm sure the immunity to electricity (after level 30) will come in handy!

@jon_eod: You get Psyderp the Psyduck. It must keep Confusion (the move) and use it at least once when it gets sent out. It cannot be cured of confusion (the status) and must hit itself three times (and survive) to evolve.

Zipozaki, take an Electrike named Sparky:

Sparky is a very playful Electrike that likes to bark at small opponents. Use Howl on smaller opponents before attacking (use your imagination on this one, for instance Poochena is smaller) It must learn Quick Attack and Charge (as Manectric) by level up to match his card.

After evolution he becomes more serious and pleads allegiance to Team Aqua; he can't battle their grunts anymore unless he's the last pokemon on your team. There is one exception; Solo Archie on each encounter to prove his dedication. Evolution also made him more agressive: Use Bite first when pokemon are more than 5 levels lower than Sparky. When his attack is lowered he goes crazy and must use Howl or Roar to even the score. Give him Spark or Thunder to reflect his new card attack.

If he manages to solo a Gymleader as Manectric he can forget Quick Attack and replace it with something better. If you manage to solo the Rival on two encounters you may lose the Bite restriction.

Have Fun!

ah

Jon_eod, take a Staryu and name it Tag.
This Staryu is playing Hide and Seek, whether you like it or not.

To evolve:
1) It must use Camouflage and change it's type in three major battles. (Rival/gym/boss) It can never forget Camouflage.
2) It must seek out and solo five other Staryu/Starmie.
3) It must solo three of the most elusive type in-game, the Dragon-type.
4) It must Minimize up to plus-six evasion in a major battle.

It must either solo a gym leader or two Pokémon in the elite four. Your choice entirely.

Lafonda and EndQuote are both accepted, though I'm probably going to use an RNG instead of 2 coins for Kizuki. Same effect, right?

Sage Chow, I'm confused. I'm playing Sapphire, so I'll only ever face Aqua. Did you think I was playing Emerald?

Lafonda and EndQuote are both accepted, though I'm probably going to use an RNG instead of 2 coins for Kizuki. Same effect, right?

Sage Chow, I'm confused. I'm playing Sapphire, so I'll only ever face Aqua. Did you think I was playing Emerald?
Well, apart from the whole TCG feel to the challange, yes, it is the same effect.
How about it randomly generates a number inclusively between 1 and 4, 1 counting as double tails - therefore using Needle Arm - and 4 counting as double heads - therefore using Faint Attack? 2 and 3 would therefore be one heads and one tails, allowing a choice in moves.

Ah, my bad. I haven't played Gen 3 in a while.. I assumed that both teams were in there regardless. I'll fix it later.

Take H8R the Mantine. It hates how it is forced into carrying a Remoraid under its wing at all times, so it may not use moves that Remoraid can learn.

ziposaki, you get a challange based on this card:

You get Aussie the Skitty. Aussie loves to use both of it's 2 attacks, so she must know Sing and Assist ASAP, and always keep them. She hates the fighting type, and must so solo 50 fighting types, and any 1 gym leader. She can evolve after she gets every move that 2 members of your team know with assist.
ah

Now, jon_eod, you get Jet the Wingull. Jet must solo Team Aqua's leader/s 5 times, and must always know Water Gun. Jet must also solo 30 trainer-owned electric types to evolve, one of which must belong to Wattson. When Jet evolves, jet must fly around the world, as he is a Jet. To do so, he must solo 10 pokemon of every single type, and one of them in 4 types must belong to a gym leader or E4 member. After Jet flys around the world, he can retire, and all restrictions are lifted.

Sage Chow, your challange will come later.

Now then, Sage Chow, it looks like the last Kanto spot is for me. Reserving that for you.

Sage Chow, you get Molasses the Slugma. Molasses is super slow, and so must have a -speed nature. He wants to get the world back for declaring him so slow, so he must solo your rival at Mt. Moon, and all of your remaining Kanto gym leaders. Misty must be soloed as a Macargo. If only 2 soloes are allowed, make it Brock as a Slugma and Misty as a Macargo. Molasses also wants to show the world that he can be awesome without powerful moves. So, he can only use Smog, Ember, Yawn, Sleep Talk, and Protect. EVER. He must also solo 50 trainers, and 5 seperate pokemon of every type. Molasses, if you face the E4 twice, must solo 1 member, and must always be the lowest leveled member of your party. Molasses can only evolve after the solo of Brock, and after every pokemon, completely seperate from all other pokemon Molasses soloes, you get to flip a coin. After you get 3 Heads in a row, then your other condition is met. Finally, Molasses can not participate in any battle in which any of your pokemon above base speed 80 are used. Good luck, and have fun!

Oh, Chapter 1 is done!!

Now, jon_eod, you get Jet the Wingull. Jet must solo Team Aqua's leader/s 5 times, and must always know Water Gun. Jet must also solo 30 trainer-owned electric types to evolve, one of which must belong to Wattson. When Jet evolves, jet must fly around the world, as he is a Jet. To do so, he must solo 10 pokemon of every single type, and one of them in 4 types must belong to a gym leader or E4 member. After Jet flys around the world, he can retire, and all restrictions are lifted.

!
I'm playing heartgold.

Axmaster: I like it, but read the rules a little more closely. And I liked it, but the exclamation point abuse was a bit annoying.

Jon eod, your Goldeen can only evolve if it solos 3 trainers(1 must be a gum trainer) using only Horn Drill. It's moveset must be Horn Drill, Waterfall( lv up only), Magahorn, and Psybeam(learns it right?). Horn drill must be the first move used by it. If you Horn Drill Lance's Dragonite during the Tag battle against team Rocket, you can free up two moveslots EXCEPT for Horn Drill. Have fun:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)