BW LC Lil Kidz On The Block (Peaked #1)

Introduction:

Sup Smogon. I've been playing Little Cup for 3-4 months now(being brought into the tier by fuckin psykout), and got pretty good at it. I've made a decent amount of LC teams to date, but this is by far the most successful team I've used in the tier, peaking #1 on the Smogon Pokemon Online Server numerous times.

Sandstorm is a pretty underrated playstyle in Little Cup (not really, but it is compared to Sandstorm in OU), consisting great sand abusers such as drillbur, lileep, etc. But I'm sure the success I had in using sandstorm would prove that it's one of the best playstyles in Little Cup.

Team At Glance:

In Depth:

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 Atk / 212 Def / 180 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Crunch

Of course, if i'm having a sandstorm team, the most important pokemon in the team would be Hippopotas. Why? Well, it's probably the only pokemon in the tier that can set up permanent sandstorm (fuck the move sandstorm).

The set is pretty standard and would'nt need much explanairy. What i usually do is set up rocks, stay in if my opp leads with something i can kill with EQ/Crunch, or switch out if i can't. People might be wandering why would i use Crunch over Roar, well, Crunch actually hits a few notable pokes hard. For example, it 3HKOs Slowpoke (With Sandstorm in effect), and OHKO Gastlys, while Gastly can't even come close to OHKO'ing it with Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball or even the rare HP Ice (heh).

Drilbur (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

OK, here comes my first sand abuser. Comatthew6 (yes, that nigga) introduced me to this set like two months ago, well like most people, i was curious of why would you use Eviolite on such an offensive poke, and i didn't know the use of protect either. But at that time i was like whatever, imma try it. So i laddered for a bit, and to my surprise, this set has scored me a lot of 5-0's and 6-0's on the ladder, including against some well known people.

Swords Dance is pretty much the only attack-boosting move available on Drillbur, so wynaut (Hone Claws Herp Derp). Earthquake and Rock Slide forms the infamous EdgeQuake combo (I'd call it SlideQuake here), while Protect is a good scouting move, while gives me the chance to evade moves like Fake Out. 36 Defense EVs might not seem much at a glance, but when paired with Eviolite, i can actually live a fuckin High Jump Kick from standard Mienshaos (Screw those random Life Orb Mienshaos).

Lileep (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 68 HP / 220 Def / 220 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stockpile
- Recover

Sand Abuser Number 2. This thing is a pain in the ass to take down in Sandstorm (Tbh it's only if you're spamming special attacking moves at it). It's pretty much the Cradily of Little Cup, if you have tried taking down a SandStorm Cradily in NU, you'll probably know how annoying it is!

Stole this set from comatthew6's RMT(obviously) cuz it's better then other lileep sets i've used by far. Lileep is already annoying under Sandstorm with the Sp Def. boost, so after a Stockpile or two, it's literally impossible to take down barring crits. Energy Ball is Lileep's main stab, hitting stuff like Slowbro and Drillburs hard, while HP Fire surprises people who switches into a steel type trying to wall this set. (I don't think i need to explain why is Recover there or do i need to?)

Slowpoke (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 116 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Sloooooooooooooooooowpokeeeee. This poke is my main physical wall, since physical moves still hurts unboosted Lileep pretty hard. It's the Slowbro of this tier, not only being sloooooooooooooooow but it's also a fuckin BEAST.

236 Defense EVs to take as much physical hits as possible, while with the Special Defense EVs, i can live a fuckin Dark Pulse from Houndoor at full health and KO it back with Scald (Ofcuz with eviolite). Fire Blast was in Psychic's spot to take down steels, but seeing that Timburr is still pretty annoying to the team, i decided to be mean and use Psychic over Fire Blast.

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

This thing rapes. Yes, it rapes. Timburr is one of the most broken shit of LC as there's only a few pokemon capable of taking hits from it well and or OHKO it (Uhm Acrobatics Driftloon?). I remember i first encountered this set is when i was tired of using Scraggy, and someone suggested this (Idr who was that). I quickly gave it a shot and not to my surprise, it rapes (Yeah i expected it to rape unlike that fuckin Drillbur).

Bulk Up is one of the most retarded set up moves in my dictionary (Orly) cuz it's pretty much Curse without the Speed Drop. Drain Punch and Payback gives Timburr nearly perfect coverage, while Mach Punch finishes off weakened pokemon that can hit Timburr hard otherwise (Fuckin Taillow).

Gastly (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SAtk / 76 SDef / 200 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Sub-nosis Gastly, probably the best Gastly set (and yes, i stole this set from comatthew6's rmt again). Hypnosis fucks up stuff like munchlax who tries to switch in and trap me with dat big pursuit or Fuckin Stunky. Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball are both reliable stabs, hitting stuff incredibility (how do i spell this again -_-) hard, barring (BAN ME PLEASE)s who brings in steel types vs me.

(EVs are pretty much stolen, so ask comatthew6 if you wanna know why the EVs are like that and etc)

Conclusion:

So yeah, this team rapes (didnt i juz mentioned that in the beginning ._.). Credits to fuckin Psykout22 and Comatthew6 (I mentioned his name for at least 5 times in the RMT) for helping me in giving ideas for this team. If you wanna test this team on the ladder (usually niggas juz steal it), here's a fuckin Importable for you.

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 Atk / 212 Def / 180 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Crunch

Drilbur (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Lileep (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 68 HP / 220 Def / 220 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stockpile
- Recover

Slowpoke (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 116 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Gastly (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SAtk / 76 SDef / 200 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Have curse and rock slide over Equake and crunch. It can the KOmany pokemon and it stops those many fighting types. You could go for something else over rock slide like Equake but ghastly's the wall it or something else. Hippotas will then destroy many teams with ease.

I would also give ghastly Oran berry. It gives it an extra sub and is even more annoying.

Have curse and rock slide over Equake and crunch. It can the KOmany pokemon and it stops those many fighting types. You could go for something else over rock slide like Equake but ghastly's the wall it or something else. Hippotas will then destroy many teams with ease.

I would also give ghastly Oran berry. It gives it an extra sub and is even more annoying.
well, curse hippo is a great idea, but the main point of hippo on this team is to set up rocks and sand, and not to KO pokes or wall stuff. And i would give Oran Berry gastly a shot, thanks!

I definitely agree with wacky tabaky about Oran Berry on Gastly. It gives you more subs, which could also be used for sandstorm/LO stalling.

Also, when Timburr dies, Lileep walls this team pretty hard. That's why I suggest using Toxic over Thunder Wave on Slowpoke.

nice team dude. I don't know anything about littlecup, but the only thing that comes to mind as a potential idea is maybe curse/rslide/eq or sbomb/recover or rest lileep. I only say it because that's the cradily set I've used haha

Good job dude! You make me proud

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
If you are using protect drilbur, you should have something to spread toxic/burn, so then protect will rack more residual damage.

Also, i don't see the point in using thunder wave on slowpoke, because drilbur already outspeeds everything.

Good team overall :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)