GBU Battle videos

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well since gbu is a sub forum, i felt it deserved a battle video gallery strictly for gbu. Here you can post videos of singles, doubles, and triples. I felt it'd be cool to see the differing strategies.

So i'll start: Heres a goodstuff(me) vs a drizzle team (double battle)

I thought it'd be cool to show ludicolo can be a great counter to rain.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Wow totally skipped over that thread. So do we count this as a reboot to a thread that went no where.

.....And here was the battle video # from my 1st post.
38-43201-40625

I posted this one in the other thread, but I might as well put it here also, since it was a GBU battle.

Video #: 51-76534-74625

This video features me overcoming some unfavourable odds.,,

My team: (lead) Gengar, Tyranitar, and Regirock

Opponents team: (lead) Garchomp, Ferrothorn, and Slowbro

My opponent was a more than competent battler, and this show is 100% hax free. The better team won. But with my clear type disadvantage, how was it exactly that my team ended up pulling me through?

39-33123-78377 is a pretty damn scary video of what's basically MOLF Party 2012, a moody abuse team. Right at the end Musharna OHKOs a Ferrothorn with stored power, it's that hardcore. Easily counterable but I can see one of the Japanese guys using something similar at worlds.

Interestingly the guy who uploaded it is called Misa so it might be the notorious Misa Campo from last year lol. The actual one, mind. :P
Either that or some Death Note fan.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I recently had 3 close games.

Goodstuff vs trickroom 78-50402-20171
Me: togekiss, ludicolo, ferrathorn, hitmontop
vs.
cresselia, volcarana, rhyperior, escavilier

Intro: So basically over the week i battled this guy around 5 times, all close games. This would be no exception except this time he/she ran trickroom instead of his/her tw i've been battling. The match starts with his scarfed volcarana rage powdering for the team, and effortlessly set up trickroom. From there it went downhill until the end.

goodstuff vs tw 56-38280-08031

me: weaville, terrakion, latios, chandelure
vs:
tw: suicune, weaville, landourous, charizard

Pretty unique team at a glance. Basically he wins the speed tie and fake outs my weaville, and sets up tw.(forgot suicune ran that,) Now im switching and protecting away, and make a come from behind win at 2-4.

vs. joel(tr) 51-76534-73675
me: metagross, chandelure, terrakion, weaville
joel: reuniclus, amoonguss, suicune, abamasnow

intro: So this was the 3rd match of our best of 3. he won game 1, and i got game 2. Very close game, but i take a early lead. Though even with the early lead, the match ends up me winning 1-0 with very low hp. gg joel

GBU Triples: 36-19507-48162

All that I'll say is I'm not one to rage quit, but if someone pull the stunt on me, that I pulled on this person, I'd have threw my DS. There's a litter hax, but the guy was at the point of no return already when it happened.

My team:
(lead) Reuniclus, (lead) Amoongus, (lead) Jigglypuff, Abomasnow, Swampert, Ursaring
Opponents team:
(lead) Scizor, (lead) Cresselia, (lead) Salamence, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Gastrodon

Please note I was battling on my Black cart, which has a rating 1,538, since I have only had five GBU triples battles on this cart.

My opponent had a rating in the high 1,600's.

His rating must have dropped like a rock...All because of the star of this show...Jigglypuff.

GBU Doubles

So I got here some Murkrow owning a TR team. Wondering if this mon isn't better than whimsicott...anyway: 47-20618-41422

Me - Goodstuff: Togekiss, Murkrow, Blaziken, Thundurus
German dude - TR:- Dusknoir, Hariyama, Braviary, Swampert

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Played a pretty good 1848 Japanese Player, so although I lost I figure I'd upload

50-73295-60033

enjoy!

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Forgot this thread existed(though I made it lol). Right from my previous comment in the gbu doubles thread:

BV: 69-42830-63642

Me(goodstuff): weaville/latios, Metagross/ludicolo

Vs

opponent(fastroom i believe its called that):chandelure/hitmontop,whismicott, jellicent

You guys played the same guy (koyomi)! Definitely am surprised by either Chandelure's bulk or Weavile's lack of power in the Beat Up used vs. Chandelure (soul_survivor's game) and Abomasnow's bulk in surviving a Helping Hand Dark Gem Sucker Punch from Druddigon (Solace's game).

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
You guys played the same guy (koyomi)! Definitely am surprised by either Chandelure's bulk or Weavile's lack of power in the Beat Up used vs. Chandelure (soul_survivor's game) and Abomasnow's bulk in surviving a Helping Hand Dark Gem Sucker Punch from Druddigon (Solace's game).
Wow didn't know we played the same person haha. Beat up didn't ko, because intimidate lowered my weavilles attack.

GBU Triples - 83-06528-06333

Up against a Discharge + (Fuck yeah) Seaking spam team. Pretty good match imo, although I did need to make adjustments to my then-current Trick Room team. Enjoy.

Battle Video #: 80-72624-33081

Watch as I topple the efforts of a dirty hacker. :toast:

Abomasnow knows Role Play??? >_<

Abomasnow Role Plays Machamp's No Guard ability. @_@

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah Aboma learns Role Play from HGSS tutor (as opposed to Magic Coat - those two get mixed up a lot)

Yeah Aboma learns Role Play from HGSS tutor (as opposed to Magic Coat - those two get mixed up a lot)
Including on Bulbapedia.

Battle Video#: 69-42830-63532

Video evidence that Jigglypuff uses The Dark Side of The Force.

I just had a seriously long, seriously close match with this Japanese person. We were both down to the wire at the end and I was afraid he'd stall me out of Sucker Punches (I still need to PP Up those). I beat him, but just barely. GG!

99-85554-98586

Jon (me): Hitmontop, Rotom-W, Electivire, Abomasnow
V.S [insert long list of Japanese characters here.]: Hitmontop, Abomasnow, Chandelure, Latios

Intro: This guy had some serious prediction right of the bat. And some speed ties with Hitmontop. The Hydro Pump miss in the beginning would've killed his Hitmontop, saving me a lot of trouble later in the game, but I missed and it survived. I guess that's why Deaglebeagle says HP isn't usable, but whatever. The last few turns were a stall war between my very, very, very low health Rotom, my very very very VERY low health Abomasnow, and my Hitmontop, which was my saving grace throughout the whole battle. That was a very good match, even with the hax, and is certainly one of my favorites from my time playing on the GBU.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
36-03894-60180

its not actually on the gbu, however it was a really cool and fun match (albeit a little long lol)

Battle Video#: 16-21089-18535 (11 Turn Triple Battle)

By far, the frostiest battle I've ever had. You'll probably want a blanket after watching this much Freeze Hax in one battle.

6 of the 11 turns had something frozen. Freeze hax was even on both sides.

Officially introducing Triples Stall...

Battle Video#: 89-61513-21281 (10 turns)

My team: Hydreigon (outside lead), Jigglypuff (center lead), Quagsire (outside lead), Lucario, Amoonguss, Lapras

Opponents team: Crobat (outside lead), Poryong-Z (center lead), Reuniclus (outside lead), Infernape, Murkrow, Raichu

Watch the effectiveness of a stall oriented Gravity team in Triples.

On the final turn of the battle, I'm losing, 3-1...My Jigglypuff versus my opponents Porygon-Z, Infernape, and Murkrow, but my Jigglypuff survives the onslaught on the final turn to secure my 1-0 win.

Added footnote:

^_^ *Sing!*Sing!*Sing!* ^_^

I don't usually predict well (I typically over predict), but in this game I was absolutely spot on except for forgetting that Skarmory has Sturdy. Really pleased with this battle.

Single Battle (Free)

My Team:
Jolteon (Timid, Choice Specs, standard moveset), Vaporeon (Bold, Leftovers, standard MS), Virizion (Timid, Life Orb, CM set)

His Team:
Rotom-W, Skarmory, Salamence

15-61213-88398

Battle Video#: 14-81672-47650 (4 turn Triple Battle)

My Team: Volcarona, Amoonguss, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Quagsire, Lapras

Opponents Team: Yanmega, Typhlosion, Hydregon, Samurott, Bisharp, Latias

Despite what the turn count suggests, this is an epic display of Gravity abuse in Triples. My Lucario and Quagsire weren't even necessary in this battle.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Double battle
battle-video:87-57355-12999

While not technically a match in the gbu this is probably better than half the gbu matches I get. So I was at my friends prepping him for vgc, and this is game 3/3(would be game 3/of like 30sumthin). He suprised me game1 when before I gave him his team he actually practiced with it on PO. Game2 I wise up and win. Game 3 I end up winning, and he probably would've won if it wasn't for him on the last turn fake outing instead of attacking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)