Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
2v2 Strongmon Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Chills/2 Recovers
Arena: Acceptors Choice

Simple Challange here, not much to say.
Behold! Some Random approaches!

Switch=N/A
Abilities=All
Items=On
Arena: Busy Highway
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Rocks

Description: A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.
At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There is a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).

Summary: Endless Highway, millions of cars, 100% chance of a Pokemon becoming roadkill.

Anyone up to ref this?
Anyone?

i'm bored

guys want a free pair of koc

2v2 Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Special Condition: All attacks during first round except Sketch have no effect, do no damage, and cost no energy :D
Sketch costs no Energy first round.

C'mon guys an easy curbstomp, right here.

i'm bored

2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Special Condition: All attacks during first round except Sketch have no effect, do no damage, and cost no energy :D

I'll take it. :P Is this singles or doubles?

Switch = KO
Items = On
Abilites = All

Doran I'm already sub-reffing that, be patient.

Congrats Terrador. I even got a shoutout, that makes me so happy. Also, I'm not Australian. >(

Issuing an LC challenge:
3v3 Trips
Positioning off
24 Hour Player DQ / 60 Hour Ref DQ
5 Chills / No Recoveries
Arena: Unown Soup, you know how it is.

1v1 Training Battle
1 Day DQ (2 for Ref)
2 Recoveries/5 chills
Only send 1 pokemon to ref (If more than one is sent, the first on the list is automatically sent out)
Arena: Opponent's Choice (Not Unown Soup please)

Accepting Maxim

Switch=lawl
Items=off
Abilities=one

EDIT:

Arena: Opaline City Gym
Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Moderate
Restriction: Sun and Rain only
Welcome to Opaline City, the capital of technology and luxury in the ASB region! Known as the city of luxury, Opaline is an extremely popular tourist destination and houses a plethora of recreational activities. The most of famous of these are wind-surfing and skydiving, whose popularity spurred the construction of several vertical wind tunnels throughout the metropolis. Thus, it makes sense that the city's gym utilize this technology.
Combatants battle in a large, upright steel tunnel. The uppermost end of the tunnel is open, allowing a generous amount of sunlight to brighten the construct's interior. All around the tunnel's sides, are large fans and A/C units; the largest of the fans is actually underneath the heavy-duty grating that serves as the floor. All except the large underground fan are constantly blowing, keeping the air at at a warm temperature and blowing around smaller Pokemon. At a designated point in time, the underground fan will begin to blow, forcing the battlers into a state of free-fall. Needless to say, this change severely hinders Pokemon not used to moving in the air.

Arena Effects:

-The constantly blowing winds and warm air make Sandstorms and Hail impossible to maintain or summon. Sun and Rain can still be called, though.

-The multitude of A/C and fan units make lowering the temperature of the arena difficult, Ice attacks' BAP are lowered by 2. Fire attacks are unaffected.

-The wind from the side fans affects the coordination of light, grounded Pokemon. Terrestrial Pokemon WC <2 have Accuracy and Evasion lowered by a flat 10%.

-Every 3 rounds, the the large underground fan will begin to blow, forcing all Pokemon into the air. During this time, any terrestrial Pokemon will suffer a flat 10% loss of Accuracy and Evasion and their Evasive Actions will all fail.
In addition, all Pokemon are treated as if they are under the effects of Levitate. These effects lasts for 2 rounds. Afterwards, the arena will return to normal for another 3 rounds.

-Aquatic/Amphibeous Pokemon only have a 5% decrease to Accuracy and Evasion and their Evasive Actions will be half as successful. This is due to the similarity between moving in air in water.

Terrestrial= Non-Flying Pokemon without the Levitate trait, Levitate command that cannot use Fly.
Evasive Actions= Dodges, Agility used evasively, Bodyblock and Detect
Aquatic/Amphibeous= Water Pokemon, Pokemon with Swift Swim,Pokemon that can use Surf and anything that has flavor text that indicates its proficiency swimming. The Toxicroak line and Eelektross line are also included for obvious reasons.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
2K RAWR!

I'm about to hit 2K, so I'm issuing a BIG challenge and giving you a large crossword. Fun!

PS: Ignore spaces. Also, many of these will need a knowledge of what goes on on IRC (And I recommend you use IRC).

1. Ben 10 Maniac
2. Person who challenges mods
3. Fun D&D guy who needs to stop being ill
4. Jewish Approver
5. Joltik learned Thunder!
6. Blaziken: The ultimate flying type
7. Bastiodon's Bitch!
8. Our Creator (Chess Crazy too)
9. Regular Brawl Ref
10. Artist dude who can't seem to keep an IRC nick
11. Blue Vomit
12. Crazy Good battler and mafia guy
13. Lazy Approver D:
14. ASM Co-Host (Shotened)
15. Cool Partner and opponent - Gonna smash him!
16. Italian with a good amount of debating skills
17. Overruled
18. One of the few people to have more numbers than letters in their name...
19. Name Changer (Acronym)
20. Funny guy, but needs to improve his collection of puns !_!
21. Beat da hall!
22. Guy who popularised the phrase "Now all we need is a ref"
23. Awesome arena maker
24. Alt. name for Niggly
25. Suddenly gone inactive, was a p.cool battler and ref.
26. Crazy guy who I still remember as TanzAufDemVulkan
27. Another Gym Leader candidate, imaginative name of 2 types.
28. Australian who hangs out on IRC from time to time, seems to be a pretty good battler.
29. YOU'RE BACK!
30. Person who regularly puts me on IRC Trials
31. Another person just returned, got quite far in the tournament and held R2 up for QUITE a while.
32. Very nice sprites and keeps to the true spirit of ASB
33. Cool guy for IRC chats, although can also be a mean person D:
34. Not cool enough for anything but last, a well known face at least.

And as for a battle...

6 way doubles melee (FE)!

2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 (That's a LOT of RC, J/S)

1 Day DQ ; 1 Week DQ for ref

As for rules:
Arena picked by next person!
Person after selects Move/Chill/Revover restrictions!
Person after selects abilities!
Person after selects items!
Last Person selects Switch rules! And also gets to attack last!

Attacks are made in the same order for R1 - I'll attack first, each post after is the next attacker for R1.

Accepting dogfish's giant melee

Arena will be, my fave,
The Colosseum

Complexity: Simple
Arena Type: None
Restrictions: None

The Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. There's a water source, as well as plenty of rocks. If the Emperor (referee) decrees the match to be too boring, then he may order the release of a pokemon into the arena that will attack indescriminately. It can be a legendary like Kyogre or something smaller like Houndoom

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Grr... I can't figure out 26. Nothing seems to fit....

Anyways, I would love to join the Melee.

All Abilities.

i'm bored

2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref

I'll take it. :P Is this singles or doubles?

Switch = KO
Items = On
Abilites = All
Fuck items. And it's doubles, sorry.

I CANT GET A BATTLE! BLOODY CHAL:LENGE WOULDNT COME!
anyway, im pissed off. i want a training match.

1v1 singles
1 day DQ
0 recoverys/5 chills

i have had 2 missed challenges because people wouldnt send teams to ref. i need a battle now!

6 way doubles melee (FE)!

2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 (That's a LOT of RC, J/S)

1 Day DQ ; 1 Week DQ for ref

As for rules:
Arena picked by next person!
Person after selects Move/Chill/Revover restrictions!
Person after selects abilities!
Person after selects items!
Last Person selects Switch rules! And also gets to attack last!

Attacks are made in the same order for R1 - I'll attack first, each post after is the next attacker for R1.
Accepting dogfish's giant melee

Arena will be, my fave,
The Colosseum

Complexity: Simple
Arena Type: None
Restrictions: None

The Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. There's a water source, as well as plenty of rocks. If the Emperor (referee) decrees the match to be too boring, then he may order the release of a pokemon into the arena that will attack indescriminately. It can be a legendary like Kyogre or something smaller like Houndoom
also accepting!

no move restrictions!
Grr... I can't figure out 26. Nothing seems to fit....

Anyways, I would love to join the Melee.

All Abilities.
Joining Dogfish's brawl
Items=counter producing ones only
You five and whoever else accepts this battle, PM me your teams once there is a sixth battler.

EDIT: All righty, time to see if batshit insanity pays off.

I'll take the match with Elevator Music and oddysey. Since you two didn't specify an arena, I'll pick one:

Arena: Time Traveller's Forest
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. A river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide, and sunlight flutters softly down onto this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena so special?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate (Schroeder's Cat Principle. It's Quantum Physics, hard to explain). The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire Moves enjoy a +2BP Boost, while Water Moves suffer a -2BP Boost. In adition, all pokemon unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron under the harsh street lamps of the Big City. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel, Poison and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also be treated as if they have Dry Skin.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Volcanic Pile: From out of the ashes I leap! The volcano has long since died down, but its scar against the countryside is left forever. The ground is rocky and loose, giving all direct damaging attacks a 1/10 of outright failing, with the exception of Flying, Rock, Ground or Levitating Pokemon.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 50% more effective, and will work with their maximum level of effectiveness (even Sythesis/Morning Sun). This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon's Attack and Special Attack Ranks are halved, rounded up.
- 1994 Kanto: Taking it way back, when Pokemon was just ≈150. Long before the Physical/Special Split, Abilities, Items and Natures, there was these 16-bit trees and the most catchy music in the world. If you haven't worked out what the conditions are, look it over.

And any other little place that may pop into the Ref's head, as long as it's simple.

PM me your Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)