Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody hit me with your best shot.
3v3 Strongmon Triples
1 Day DQ, 3 for Ref
No recoveries of any kind
Arena: You can choose if I can say no items.

Somebody hit me with your best shot.
3v3 Strongmon Triples
1 Day DQ, 3 for Ref
No recoveries of any kind
Arena: You can choose if I can say no items.
I NEED NO ITEMS TO DEFEAT YOU!

I choose, for a great return....

Arena: N's Castle - Throne Room

The clash between the dragons have devastated the zone, vaporizing all the surrounding water. There are several columns around, but the ceiling has collapsed for the most part, making you able to see the beautiful firmament above your heads. A cool breeze blow in the area, since it's almost midnight, and you struggle to see beyond a few meters due to the really low light produced by the stars (yes, it's a new moon night today). Will you be able to prevail without the might of the legendary dragons?
also One Ability

Need Reffage for this:
1v1 Training Battle
1 Day DQ (2 for Ref)
2 Recoveries/5 chills
Only send 1 pokemon to ref (If more than one is sent, the first on the list is automatically sent out)
Arena:
Arena: Opaline City Gym
Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restriction: Sun and Rain only

Welcome to Opaline City, the capital of technology and luxury in the ASB region! Known as the city of luxury, Opaline is an extremely popular tourist destination and houses a plethora of recreational activities. The most of famous of these are wind-surfing and skydiving, whose popularity spurred the construction of several vertical wind tunnels throughout the metropolis. Thus, it makes sense that the city's gym utilize this technology.
Combatants battle in a large, upright steel tunnel. The uppermost end of the tunnel is open, allowing a generous amount of sunlight to brighten the construct's interior. All around the tunnel's sides, are large fans and A/C units; the largest of the fans is actually underneath the heavy-duty grating that serves as the floor. All except the large underground fan are constantly blowing, keeping the air at at a warm temperature and blowing around smaller Pokemon. At a designated point in time, the underground fan will begin to blow, forcing the battlers into a state of free-fall. Needless to say, this change severely hinders Pokemon not used to moving in the air.

Arena Effects:

-The constantly blowing winds and warm air make Sandstorms and Hail impossible to maintain or summon. Sun and Rain can still be called, though.

-The multitude of A/C and fan units make lowering the temperature of the arena difficult, Ice attacks' BAP are lowered by 2. Fire attacks are unaffected.

-The wind from the side fans affects the coordination of light, grounded Pokemon. Terrestrial Pokemon WC <2 have Accuracy and Evasion lowered by a flat 10%.

-Every 3 rounds, the the large underground fan will begin to blow, forcing all Pokemon into the air. During this time, any terrestrial Pokemon will suffer a flat 10% loss of Accuracy and Evasion and their Evasive Actions will all fail.
In addition, all Pokemon are treated as if they are under the effects of Levitate. These effects lasts for 2 rounds. Afterwards, the arena will return to normal for another 3 rounds.

-Aquatic/Amphibeous Pokemon only have a 5% decrease to Accuracy and Evasion and their Evasive Actions will be half as successful. This is due to the similarity between moving in air in water.

Terrestrial= Non-Flying Pokemon without the Levitate trait, Levitate command that cannot use Fly.
Evasive Actions= Dodges, Agility used evasively, Bodyblock and Detect
Aquatic/Amphibeous= Water Pokemon, Pokemon with Swift Swim,Pokemon that can use Surf and anything that has flavor text that indicates its proficiency swimming. The Toxicroak line and Eelektross line are also included for obvious reasons.

Switch=lawl
Items=off
Abilities=one

And this:
Challenging: Alchemator

4v4 Singles
(Not so) Strongmons only!
1 Day DQ (2 for Refs)
3 Chills/1 Recover
Arena: ASB Arena

Switch = OK
Items = Off (Though I'm fine with training if you have any.)
Abilities = All

Pleeease?

Remember this? I didn't think so.

Let's try it again. If you'd like to join this one again, you'll have to say so. Ragnarokalex may or may not be the ref again either. Everything is pretty much the same, including in what order things need to be decided upon.

Ill ref this melee again, although it would be my preference that when you accept the fight you PM me your team, just to make sure that noone forgets to send and we can get rolling asap.

Re-issuing a challenge:
3v3 Training Brawl (I'll use weakmons, but feel free to crush me with strongmons)
48 hour DQ
Infinite Chills / 0 Recoveries
Arena: Unown Soup.

Also need a subref for this 1v1

I spose I just finished reffing a match so I've got room for another, ill take dmtc vs deadfox.

Now:

Bumping this match, details can be found clicking the quote. Cmon guys, ive been trying to get a match going for a week and a half now and noone will ref any of them, can we please get some more refs rolling?

And:
Since these seem to be so popular with refs...

6v6 Training Brawls- THREE OF THEM
FEish- Just don't bring weak NFE unless you have Evolite or want to get crushed
ITEMS ON
ASB Arena
2 Recoveries/3 Chill per Pokemon
2 Day DQ (if the ref goes over DQ once in a while, that's perfectly fine)
this fits the first battle slot i posted just fine^^

Items=On
Abilities=All
Switch=Avalanche of kittens crushes your soul

actually ya know, i could really use the training, so if it is agreeable, ill take a 2nd one of the brawls, but only if noone else wants to grab it up. Same rules for 2nd match if it happens

PS. Ill bring in a relatively different set of pokes for the 2nd one so its still interesting
Ill be cutting this down to only 1 challange since i picked a different one up, but cmon guys, this shouldnt last more than 3-4 rounds so only a little bit of work and u can pick up a huge amount of RC

i'm bored

guys want a free pair of koc

2v2 Doubles Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Special Condition: All attacks during first round except Sketch have no effect, do no damage, and cost no energy :D
Sketch costs no Energy first round.

C'mon guys an easy curbstomp, right here.
I'll take it. :P Is this singles or doubles?

Switch = KO
Items = On
Abilites = All
Hey there, attractive male/female/other. I have this one match I need reffed, and you, my friend, are the one. I don't want any second-rate moron reffing this match, but hoo boy, I can tell. I can tell that if you ref this battle, you and I will definitely have the time of your life. Guaranteed. Seriously. Don't leave me hanging. I'll even throw in a quartet of shiny, shiny Ref Counters to line your probably-stuffed pockets. Limited time offer. Don't throw yourself at me in gratitude, a simple "all hail Darkamber8828" would do.

1v1 singles
36 hour DQ player/2 day DQ ref
2 chills/0 recoveries
1 pokemon is to be sent to the ref
Only pokemon that haven't evolved are allowed

Arena: Abilities Testing Site
This is a specially constructed arena where all moves are allowed and the only catch is, well, that it tests abilities. When you send out a Pokemon, you may give it 3 abilities of your choosing (none of them have to be its actual abilities). The only restrictions on this are: 1) you can't choose an ability more than once over the ENTIRE match (e.g., Rattata gets Stench/Contrary/Wonder Guard, Pidgey cannot have any of those three abilities), 2) you can only choose one "really good" ability per Pokemon (Wonder Guard, Magic Guard, Multiscale, etc.), and 3) you may not give a Pokemon any ability combination that renders it immune to every attack type (e.g., you can give Tynamo Wonder Guard, but, if you do, you can't also give it Levitate).

Just remember that a pokemon has to be able to hit your pokemon with a move.

For example, I can't give a swampert wonder guard if my opponent doesn't have a grass move.

Ok, two slots which need to be filled.

2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Special Condition: All attacks during first round except Sketch have no effect, do no damage, and cost no energy :D
Sketch costs no Energy first round.
ASB Arena.

Aaaaand

2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/5 Chills
ASB Arena

OK accpeting metal Bagon.

Switch=No
Items=No
Abilites=No. I mean, we won't be using those abilites anyway so it doesn't really matter what I put here :)

Also, challenging MB
3v3 singles
3 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
Metal Bagon's Olivine Lighthouse
Arena: Olivine Lighthouse
Field Type: Electric
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: Too high up for Dig, Earthquake, etc.
Lighthouse light doubles Thunders power but draws in Thunder Wave and Thundershock as they have too low a voltage.

Description:
Thunder's Power is doubled however thundershock and thunder wave are drawn towards the light. We are too high up for surf and Dig, Earthquake and magnitude will fail. Time of day is dusk so you can still see clearly but the light in the lighthouse isn't bright enough yet to blind you, after 8 rounds it will be completely dark and lighthouses light will lower Pokemon's accuracy by one stage.

PS: I don't care if it actually isn't the Olivine Lighthouse so deal with it.

issuing a challenge. a very challenging challenge involving challenges. beware!

3vs3 triples (nfe)
3 day battler DQ/ 5 day Ref DQ
no recoveries/ 3 chills
arena: Algorstorm
Field Type- Ice
Complexity- Intense
Format- All

Restrictions and important notes:
Algorstorms can be generated by using hail
Algorstorms last three rounds
A-storms deal 4HP to all non ice types, give 30% freeze chance to ice attacks with freeze chance and 10% freeze chance to ice types originally without a freeze chance, and can the attack sheer cold
in an a-storm sheer cold becomes a 15BP ice move with 60 accuracy and a 75% chance to freeze foe completely
at the end of round one all non ice pokemon contract weak hypothermia
at the end of round three all non ice pokemon, non fire pokemon, and pokemon without thick fat contract moderate Hypothermia
at the end of round five all non ice/fire/thick fat pokemon contract extreme hypothermia
non ice pokemon use three more energy to dig
if non ice/fire/thick fat pokemon touch the water or make contact with the water, they go up one grade of hypothermia and ice attacks gain 5% more freeze chance when directed towards them

Algorstorm: A harsh and extreme enviroment, Algorstorm is a chilly paradise to ice types and a frozen hell for others. This arena resembles the taiga of Siberian Russia, and the area available to battle on is 1500 feet wide and long, circular shaped. for a description of the terrain, imagine the arena is a bullseye. the white outer ring consists of mountains, all snowy and treacherous (ring is 200 feet thick). the white and blue rings are merged together and form a large forest (300 feet thick). the forest's trees are tall and skinny, due to the massive snow storms packing the needles together. the forest is a large clump of frozen life. The red ring of the bullseye is plains, thick with snow (400 feet thick). in the center of the arena area lies a huge frozen lake (400 feet long and 200 feet wide). the water is 30 degrees, but surprisingly it isnt all ice. you dont want to touch the water though, unless you're part ice or have some thick fat. The area's temperature never reaches above -20 degrees fahrenheit, and it is always either snowing, hailing, blizzarding, or even worse, Algorstorming. named after the area in which it resides, Algorstorms are blizzards bigger and meaner old brothers. if one whips up, beware! it will release destructive hail, worse than regular, so non ice types will lose 4HP per action. The sub zero power of the storm, as well as the arena, boosts ice moves, so their ability to freeze is increased! (ice moves that give a chance to freeze now have a 30% freeze chance. ice moves that do not give a chance to freeze now have a 10% freeze chance. also ice move combonations have a 100% chance to freeze target.) and if that weren't enough, the trump move of all ice types changes drastically! Sheer cold gets more accuracy and will almost surely freeze you! (though it powers down oddly enough).

so, think you can handle algorstorms? sadly, the area does not produce these wonders naturally anymore. you'll have to trigger one yourself! if a pokemon uses the move hail, their icy powers to react with the already stormy ice weather can create, can you guess, an algorstorm! algorstorms last 3 round.

as if the storms weren't enough, another factor plays into this arena drastically. Due to the hellish climate of the area (remember, -20 fahrenheit!), your pokemon may succumb to Hypothermia. now, ice pokemon will never be affected by hypothermia, and fire types (and pokemon with the ability thick fat in play) can only contract weak hypothermia. but everyone else, beware! there are three stages of Hypothermia:

Weak Hypothermia: The battler loses 10 base speed (e.g a pokemon with originally 80 speed gets weak hypothermia and now has 70 speed)

Moderate Hypothermia: battler loses 20 base speed (e.g pokemon with 80 now has 60 base) and loses 1BP to all non ice attacks

Extreme Hypothermia: Battler loses 30 base speed (e.g pokemon with 80 speed now has 50 base speed), loses 2BP to all non ice attacks, and loses 2HP per action

Ways you contract Hypothermia:

1) battling in the Algorstorm arena: the climate and weather is too harsh! Hypothermia is always prone here! At the end of round one all non ice pokemon get weak hypothermia. after round three it goes up to moderate hypothermia (fire types and thick fat users do not get moderate or extreme). at the end of round five a pokemon with moderate hypothermia now has extreme hypothermia.

2) getting hit by ice moves: if a pokemon has weak hypothermia and loses 25 or more HP from ice attacks, they will get Moderate Hypothermia. if a pokemon has Moderate hypothermia and loses 45 or more HP form ice attacks, they will get extreme Hypothermia.

Other things to be wary of:

Due to the frozen ground, only ice types can use dig with ease. dig used by non ice types cost 3 more ener.

If a pokemon comes in contact with the water in the center of the arena and is not ice type or have thick fat, they get weak hypothermia (or hypothermia boosts up a grade if already present), and ice attacks against them will have a 5% more chance of freezing.

The weather cannot be changed, unless to induce a algorstorm. at the beginning of the match there is a 30% for snow, 30% for hail, 40% chance for blizzarding.

I haven't used Olivine Lighthouse in ages, nice job bringing it back!

Switch=Yes
Items= Yes
Abities=Yes (all)

That's for you saying no to everything in the other battle!

OK, both of these battle's need refs. They have nice long DQ times so they'll be no pressure on the ref.

Hey there, attractive male/female/other. I have this one match I need reffed, and you, my friend, are the one. I don't want any second-rate moron reffing this match, but hoo boy, I can tell. I can tell that if you ref this battle, you and I will definitely have the time of your life. Guaranteed. Seriously. Don't leave me hanging. I'll even throw in a quartet of shiny, shiny Ref Counters to line your probably-stuffed pockets. Limited time offer. Don't throw yourself at me in gratitude, a simple "all hail Darkamber8828" would do.
ALL HAIL DARKAMBER8828!

Teams please.

EDIT: GODDAMNIT GALLADIATOR.

OK, two challenges including stealing the whole trial gym match idea from Terrador, because it's a really good one. Don't be scared, they're only Bugs.

TRIAL GYM MATCH
4 vs 4 Singles
(deadfox can send up to 8 Pokemon to the referee)
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Day DQ
Items On
Switch On
All Abilities
(Like Terrador said, as much as I shouldn't be able to choose these things in a regular match I would in a gym)

Ilex Forest

The very same dark and dense forest that Bugsy, the original Bug Gym Leader honed her skills in is the home of CAP ASB's own creepy crawly (potential) Bug Gym. The canopy is thick, but not so thick as to prevent all weather from making it inside. And yes it's a little dark, but nowhere near as hostile as some other arenas in that sense. The real key here is the hovels, mosses, shrubs and trap holes that only a type that has spent the most of its existence living within the forest could possibly know about. The bugs are at home here, and all other type unwelcome visitors.

Arena Effects:
- With so many Bugs calling the forest home the String Shots have been fired over almost every inch of the field. Any non Bug type Pokemon on the field will constantly suffer a single stage drop in their speed.
- All weather is possible in the forest, but any Bug type Pokemon will function as if they have the Cloud Nine trait. This is because they all know just where to hide to avoid the weather in their home forest. This does not give Bug types the ability to cancel existing weathers like normal Cloud Nine users, just the other effects.
- Any entry hazard put in place by a Bug type Pokemon will also make use of the natural mosses of the forest floor to provide extra fixation. This means the hazards cannot be removed via Rapid Spin, or by any other method.
- Finally while the forest does provide an amount of rocks necessary for such typed attacks, those present are of course covered in mosses and fungi. Any non Bug type using them for an attack will suffer a flat 15% drop in accuracy on the move.

(This is very much a trial arena, I don't think it's too over the top but I am very open to criticism if others deem it is)

The second one is much simpler..

2 vs 2 Doubles
1 LC Pokemon and 1 FE
1 Recover/3 Chills
2 Day DQ
Unknown Soup

I am refereeing Alchemator vs. Temperantia as documented here

I'm assuming you two know exactly what it meant by "(Not so) Strongmons only!" because I haven't the foggiest.

Right, I'm currently not in any battles.
Let's change that.
Issuing two open challenges!

Challenge Number One:
1v1 Singles!
NFE
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills.
Arena: Underwater.
The entire field is submerged with water, about a 30 x 30 x 30 foot cube of water. Only water pokemon can be in this battle (you need to breathe underwater), so don't accept this battle if you don't have a water pokemon.

Challenge Number Two:
3v3 Singles!
NFE only.
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills.
Arena: Warioware.

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

Both battles can be training battles if the acceptor wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)