BW OU Apocalypse (Peaked #1)

Apocalypse

Introduction:

Hello, this team was originally created by me and AndViet. I asked Howard to share his views, since AndViet was busy so he agreed and here it goes. In this RMT, Howard will be in Blue and I will be in Red.

All right, so. MostWanted asked me to come on as an advisory role to the team building and RMT process, and I was more than happy to do so. This is a Hyper Offensive team with a Deoxys-S lead, which is becoming more and more of a standard in today’s metagame. If 3 layers of spikes and 1 layer of Stealth Rocks are set up, the game is pretty much won. The sweepers chosen complement each other extremely well and there are few teams that can stand in their way without getting completely demolished in the process.

Hello Smogon, I haven’t made a Rate My Team for awhile now, this team has been giving me great success so I wanted to share this with you guys. I’ve peaked #1 with this team on the OU Ladder with 1608 points. This team was made by me and AndViet modified it during the round 54 of Battling 101. This is a somewhat Standard HO team but there is a twist to it. I’ve been trying to post this RMT for almost 4 weeks now, but due to my tight schedule I didn’t had much time. I’ve seen so many players copying my team from the ladder and modifying it as theirs. Anyways, lets get started with a further adieu.

The Team Building Process:

To kick things off I had two choices Espeon or Deoxys-S, since Espeon is a fragile poke and doesn’t have a great movepool and stats which benefits my team, I choosed Deoxys-S. Deoxys-S is a better option because it’s the fastest poke in the OU Metagame, it gives me an upper-edge in battles by setting up hazards and taunting mons.

I wanted to tryout Volt Switch + U-turn combo which is pretty effective in HO. Rotom-W and Landorus were added they both worked and supported each other really well.

Dragonite was added as the first physical sweeper. It’s ability to set up on many pokes and demolishing them after blew my mind.

Lucario was added as the second physical sweeper since it went nicely with Dragonite. Both supported each others weaknesses and were an amazing pair.

Reuniclus took the last spot which made this team to function successfully. Its main counters were eliminated by other team members, which gave Reuniclus full chance to sweep.

This team gave a lot of success, after awhile I wanted to fix some flaws with my tutor AndViet. We decided to modify this team. We kept the same old lead, changed Landorus to Gengar to work as a spin blocker, Lucario was removed for a Scizor for various reasons, and later Reuniclus was removed for a Virizion.

I tested this new team out, it went pretty good, except the fact that it was massively weak to SandStorm. AndViet suggested to add a Specs Celebi instead of Virizion to fix this issue.

Celebi did helped a lot but not as much I needed it to. Then we tried Landorus again, but this time it was expert belted.

After failing with Landorus again I finally decided on a Choice Banded Terrakion which suited this team perfectly.

Closer Look:

Deoxys-S @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Moveset: Stealth Rock | Spikes | Taunt | Magic Coat

So this is new Deoxys set, that I think is one of the most creative sets in the Metagame. Magic Coat allows Deoxys to beat other Deoxys leads by preventing Taunt, still outspeeding just about everything imaginable and being able to Taunt them, and also the ability to set up rocks and spikes, as any normal Deoxys lead would be able to do. Defense and Hit Points are maximized to help Deoxys take hits, especially from priority users, and Rocky Helmet provides easy residual damage for Bullet Punchers and Extremespeed users attempting to stop Deoxys from setting up hazards. The benefit of breaking Multiscale cannot be overstated, and this helps in the process. A standard HO lead, with a non-standard, but incredibly effective, set.

Deoxys-S has many appealing factors which always makes it an effective lead in HO. Like I mentioned earlier Deoxys-S was chosen instead of Espeon because of its versatile move pool. The main role for this poke is to set as many hazards as fast as possible and taunting opponents hazard users carefully. Rocky Helmet is there to get free damage on the physical attackers who think they can handle Deoxys-S by all means. The Evs are pretty straight forward, they’re there to maximize Deoxys-S survivability and yet out speeding tons of shit. I've been testing Magic Coat on this guy a lot and it worked like a miracle. Against other Deoxys-S leads I just Magic Coat and then Taunt them, after that I proceed to set my own hazards up. Rocky Helmet + the timid nature helps a shit load against attackers who think they can KO Deoxys-S, it an another surprise factor in this team. In most of my matches I usually lead off with this guy setting up my hazards then wrecking opponent’s team with my powerful sweepers.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Moveset: Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Disable | Substitute

A Mon that has been called the “Torment Tran” of the 5th generation, this particular Gengar set can absolutely demolish stall teams and banded foes with relative ease from behind a sub. Gengar can break Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Jellicent cores and stop many other foes with prejudice. It can deal huge damage to Lati@s and Reuniclus, and pretty much anything that tries to switch into it. Its coverage is unresisted. The EV’s here are pretty straightforward. Maximize your best stats for optimum carnage.

Gengar has been such an awesome poke, it becomes better and better in every gen. One of the main role for this poke is to block spinners. Mons with foresight are a huge threat but its good that they’re rare. The evs are standard Timid Max Speed to out speed common threats to this team. Max Special Attack is there to boost Gengar’s Stabs and shit. Black Sludge over Life Orb for stalling and Recovery purposes. Disable was chosen to deal with annoying set upers like Gliscor, Conkeldurr, etc. It can also be used to disable Blissey’s recovery move who occasionally switch into Gengar thinking they can out stall him. Shadow Ball is there for stab. Substitute is there to work well with Disable. It can also scout sets and block statuses. Focus Blast is there to hit pokes who resist Shadow Ball. Lately, I’ve been thinking Focus Blast for Taunt. Then Gengar can Block the spinners and also stop them from setting up their hazards. By this Gengar can make Dragonite’s sweep much faster and better.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Moveset: Trick | Volt Switch | Hydro Pump | Hidden Power [Ice]

This is my favorite Pokemon in the metagame. Period. Trick can completely cripple a whole team with just one move. Keeping the scarf allows you to HP Ice threats such as Dragonite, while still outspeeding at +1, allowing you to break Multiscale, and KO on the next turn. The other 2 moves abuse Rotom-W’s STAB to the fullest, with Volt Switch allowing you switch unscathed to counter, and Hydro Pump to do serious damage, even outside of Rain. I have one many a game with seemingly just Rotom-W, and it is incredibly difficult to counter. The EV’s here are (you guessed it!) maximum Speed and Special Attack to give speed ties and outspeed everything you need to. A true champion of the metagame, and one of the best monsters you could ask for.

Rotom-W is simply an amazing poke. It typing, ability and sets are outstanding. The first main role for this poke is to work efficiently with Gengar. As Gengar switches into Spinners, I can double switch into Rotom-W and Volt Switch out and switch into Gengar and continue this process against the spinner which Gengar was tough time against. Rotom-W is also there to cripple bitches with Trick, cough Blissey, Chansey. The Evs are again Standard on this guy. Modest to hit hard, Max Special Attack for massive power, Max Speed to also play a role as a Choice Scarfer. The set is self explainable as well. Hydro Pump is there for stab, Volt Switch is for scouting purposes, Hidden Power Ice is to fuck up Dragons like Dragonite, Salamence, etc. Lastly Trick is rarely used but it’s a good option to cripple annoying walls. Overall, Rotom-W plays a key role and supports the sweepers very good.

Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP | 96 Atk | 160 SDef
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moveset: Swords Dance | U-Turn | Bullet Punch | Roost

Scizor is one of the most useful mons in the metagame right now. Her natural bulk and STAB priority make him one of the best revenge killers in the game. She also has an air of unpredictability, because of his common Choice Band usage. This set is somewhat unpredictable, as most people expect some form of band variant with Scizor nowadays. Swords Dance on the switch, and power through the opponent with STAB/Technician boosted attacks. Roost off damage like a champ, and rinse, wash, repeat. The EV’s give Scizor some bulk, while still allowing her to damage foes from the get go. One of the MVP’s of the team.

Scizor is another outstanding poke which serves a key role in this team. This poke has the ability to set up on so many pokes that it’s insane. It can easily set up and proceed to tear apart a team with its stab Technician Bullet Punch and unpredictable U-Turn. The HP and Special Defensive Evs on this poke are to take Special Hits like a boss, with Adamant Nature and 96 Attack it can get an easy boost and reach 700 with Swords Dance. Iron plate is there to get BP boosted which is very essential in killing top threats like Terrakion. Bullet Punch is there for Stab and to nail Terrakion in the fuckin face. U-Turn was suggested by MDragon and I was surprised how effectively it worked. This poke was chosen over Lucario because it takes Hits better than him. Trick Room Reuniclus completely rapes this team, so Scizor was added cause of that too. Its amazing Priority is mind blowing. I’ve been thinking for replacing Roost for Brick Break but I don’t know yet. Brick Break can help a lot while facing a team with Screens and it can damage Skarmory which is good.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
Moveset: Close Combat | Stone Edge | X-Scissor | Earthquake

This monster right here is the bane of a lot of teams existence. CB Close Combat has incredibly power, being able to 2HKO Skarmory, which is no easy feat to say the least. With almost no safe switch ins in the metagame, Terrakion can tear some serious holes in an opponent’s team. Quick attack allows for priority to pick off weakened opponents, with the rest of the moves there for coverage and sheer power. The 4 SDef EV’s give Terrakion some extra bulk to abuse Sandstorm, due to the 50% increase. The rest (as usual) are put into Attack and Speed.

Terrakion is a killer. It has to be the best banded poke ever created. Its sheer power is devastating. Terrakion can literally shit on an entire team if played correctly. Its main role is to beat Sun, Sand, and Volcarona which are huge threats to this HO team. The Evs on this poke are pretty straight forward, Max Speed to outspeed Jirachi and shit, Max attack with Band to shit on Skarmory and so many other scrubs. 4 Sp Def Evs comes in handy while facing Sand. Close Combat is the most used move on this poke and it shits every time. Stone Edge is for Gliscors which resist CC and take a shit load again with dual Stab SE. I had Rock Slide over Earthquake but due to Toxicroak and misses I changed it. X-Scissors is to hit the Psychic types better. This is my favorite poke on this team. Its raw power is so good and it supports the team really well.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moveset: Dragon Dance | Outrage | Fire Punch | ExtremeSpeed

This Dragonite set is one of the most broken in the metagame right now. With even a little bit of prediction, this behemoth can come in, dance up at will without fear of status and sweep unprepared teams so fast they usually rage quit upon seeing the fact they stand no chance. The best is Dragon Dancing in a clear status situation, taking a Thunder Wave/Toxic/ Will-O-Wisp and laughing as you get a free boost. Great coverage in its move-pool coupled with Multiscale makes this one of the most fearsome sweepers you can come across. The EV’s are what you would expect from a boosting sweeper. Maximized attack and speed (which is becoming a trend in this RMT) to make sure no one can stand in the way of your destruction.

The Second Most Valuable Player of the team in the house bitches. No Joke but this poke is broken as fuck, it sets up so easily against mons and fucks shit up. This pokes primary job is to beat sun, it also shits on various other teams. The Evs on this Poke are Standard once again, Max Attack for more power, Max Speed to get benefited by Dragon Dance, and 4 HP evs are there to abuse MultiScale. This poke is the second best dragon in the team. I could’ve chosen Haxorus but it doesn’t get along with this team. Fire Punch is to hit steel typing hard, Extremespeed with 2x Priority is sooooo gooooood, +2 Extremespeed after the Hazard Damage OHKOS Mamoswine, Outrage is the only Stab move which fuckin destroys so much shit. I’ve been debating on replacing it with Dragon Claw but I’m not sure yet. Lum Berry makes this monster set up on so many walls.

Conclusion:

So after analyzing this team from a completely tactical standpoint, there are very few flaws. Stopping one sweeper can be relatively easy. Stopping 5 of the best sweepers in the game, with rocks and spikes on the field is almost impossible. This is one of the best teams I’ve seen in a long time and I’m sure I’ll see it plenty of times on the ladder as people start to copy it and make slight variations, ruining it completely. This team only has one goal: to completely overwhelm the opponent and stop them from gaining any semblance of momentum or hope. A real hope destroyer and demoralizer. I can’t say enough about the job MostWanted did with this team. Kudos, to him. I hope everyone enjoyed this RMT. Good luck battling.

Overall this team has been so good. It has to be one of the best Hyper Offensive teams ever made. I’ve peaked in highly 1500s with my various alts. I highly recommend you guys to play with this team and enjoy its success. This RMT has taken a while but it’s about time that it’s finally finished. Thank you all for reading this. Deuces.

Importable:

PHP:
Deoxys-S @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Disable
- Substitute

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
Changes are in Orange.

Reactions: tab
Threat List:

Offensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - Terrakion and Scizor = No Problem
  • Choice Scarf - Terrakion can get a Crunch boost and resist SE. Scizor comes in handy against it too.
  • Dragon Dance - Terrakion can take care of non-Earthquake variants Scizor can beat it as well if Tyranitar lacks Fire Punch. Rotom-W can also Hydro Pump since they don't pack alot of bulk.
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Dragonite can switch-in Specs or Scarf Variants and set up. Terrakion OHKOs Specs Rotom-W. Rotom-W can weaken the specs variants which can later be OHKOd by Gengar.
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - Scizor can always switch-in to this poke and proceed to set up.
  • Swords Dance - Rotom-W can OHKO it after the hazard damage. Dragonite with Multiscale activated can take a hit.
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - Gengar loves to disable its moves and make him Struggle. Another set up fodder for Scizor if Fire Punch isn't used.
  • Dragon Dance - Rotom-W can Volt Switch and then HP Ice it. Scizor can set up while it outrages and OHKO it will Bullet Punch if MultiScale is broken.
  • Mixed - Rotom-W Volt Switches, Scizor comes in takes the Draco Meteor like a boss, switch to Terrakion to OHKO it will SE or Rock Slide. Gengar can weaken it with subs as well.
  • Parashuffler - Rotom-W can trick it and I believe Dragonite's Outrage OHKOs it, if not Terrakion can finish the job.
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf- They never stay in vs. Rotom-W if they do obvious Hypnosis is Obvious. Terrakion beats the Specs variants after the Hazard Damage.
Heatran:
  • Standard - Terrakion and Rotom-W shits on it.
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Scizor and Terrakion. Rotom-W can trick it and Scizor can proceed to Set up on it.
Latios:
  • Life Orb - Tricky Poke to play around, Rotom-W can Volt Switch then switch-in to Scizor, Gengar can take a Hidden Power Fire and OHKO it with Shadow Ball. Terrakion can take a hit if its in SandStorm.
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Scizor can take hits and if it packs Hidden Power Fire Gengar can beat it with an ease.
  • Calm Mind - Rotom-W tricks it and becomes a set up fodder for Scizor.
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind - Scizor and Dragonite can both set up against it and beat it easily.
  • Offensive Trick Room - Same as Calm Mind.
Deoxys-S:
  • Standard - Deoxys-S taunts it then Dragonite Proceeds to set up against non-Taunt variants.
  • Dual Screens - Deoxys-S taunts it and set up fodder for Dragonite and Scizor. Gengar can sub against it too, if foes Deoxys-S lacks Taunt.
  • Life Orb Sweeper - Major Threat Dragonite + Scizor Combo can stall it and later KO it with priority moves.
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Gengar disables Banded variants and Scizor shits on Scarfed Haxorus.
  • Dragon Dance - Scizor beats it all day long.
  • Double Dance - Scizor again, Rotom-W can HP Ice it.
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot - Terrakion and Dragonite always beat it.
  • Choice Specs - Same as Nasty Plot.
  • Special Attacker - Same as Nasty Plot.
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up - Gengar disables Payback and troll it with Shadow Ball after.
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper - Terrakion, Gengar, Dragonite trolls Celebi hard.
  • Tinkerbell - Same as Nasty Plot Sweeper.
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Same as Nasty Plot Sweeper.
Terrakion:
  • Double Dance - Scizor fucks this guy hard.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Gengar + Scizor combo beats this guy if predicted correctly.
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Rotom-W shits on this fucker.
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Scizor and Rotom-W can take care of this annoying asshole.
Starmie:
  • Life Orb - Rotom-W to the rescue.
  • Rapid Spin - Gengar blocks the spin and later I can switch to Rotom-W to OHKO it with Volt Switch.
  • Choice Specs - Same as Life Orb.
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance - Rotom-W and Scizor.
  • Choice Scarf - Same as Above.
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Rotom-W can HP Ice it and prevent the Hydro Pump PP stall.
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker - Gengar, Dragonite, Rotom-W all beat it.
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - Same as above.
  • Choice Band - Dragonite and Gengar can beat it.
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance - Terrakion and Dragonite always end this guy.
  • Bulky Quiver Dance - Same as Above.
  • Chesto Rest - Same as above.
  • Substitute - Same as above.
Magnezone:
  • Substitute - Dragonite and Rotom-W.
  • Choice Scarf - Terrakion, Rotom-W and Dragonite.
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind - Fuck this poke, Dragonite shits on it tho.
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance - Rotom-W can HP Ice it and Dragonite or Scizor can OHKO it after with priority moves.
  • Mixed - Terrakion fucks shit up.
  • Defensive - Rotom-W tricks it and later Terrakion can OHKO it again.
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive - Terrakion.
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Terrakion + Scizor combo.
Breloom:
  • Sub Seed - Gengar, Scizor, Terrakion, Dragonite, Deoxys-S fucks this guy up.
  • Sub Punch - Gengar and Dragonite.
Latias:
  • Calm Mind - Scizor can take care of non-HP Fire variants. Terrakion can beat it as well.
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance - Gengar and Terrakion.
  • Bulk Up - Gengar, Rotom-W, Deoxys-S.
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance - Terrakion if it lacks Bullet Punch. Rotom-W can take on BP variants.
  • Nasty Plot - Gengar.
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind - Scizor.
  • Swords Dance - Scizor once again.
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance - Rotom-W + the Priority users.
  • Bulk Up - Terrakion FTW.
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth - Dragonite, Deoxys-S.
  • Mixed Growth - Dragonite, Deoxys-S.
  • SubSeed - Dragonite, Deoxys-S, Scizor.
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock - Rotom-W and Scizor.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Same as above.
  • Agility - Same as Above.
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker - Gengar, Deoxys-S
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Scizor , Deoxys-S and Gengar.
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash - Rotom-W and Deoxys-S.
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker - Scizor and Rotom-W.
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf - Rotom-W and Dragonite.
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser - Rotom-W, Dragonite, and Deoxys-S.

Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive - Terrakion and Scizor.
Rotom-W:
  • Standard - Terrakion, Rotom-W and Dragonite.
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard - Terrakion, Scizor, and Dragonite.
Politoed:
  • Defensive - Rotom-W and Gengar.
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance - Rotom-W and Gengar.
  • Substitute + Protect - Same as above.
  • AcroBat - Same as above.
  • Defensive - Same as above.
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive - Terrakion.
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive - Annoying mon, Scizor beats non-Fire Punch ones and Terrakion can finish this guy off after the hazard damage.
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Rotom-W and Terrakion.
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above.
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive - Terrakion and Dragonite.
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive - Scizor, Dragonite, Terrakion, and Gengar.
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Rotom-W, Gengar and Dragonite.
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above.
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk - Rotom-W.
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter - Rotom-W and Gengar.
Tentacruel:
  • Toxic Spikes - Rotom-W, Gengar, Dragonite and Terrakion.
Gastrodon:
  • Tank - Terrakion, Gengar, and Dragonite.
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens - Scizor and Dragonite.
  • Baton Pass - Same as above.
Blissey:
  • Support - Terrakion, Dragonite, Scizor and Gengar.
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support - Rotom-W and Gengar.
Latias:
  • Support - Scizor, Terrakion and Dragonite.
Bronzong:
  • Tank - Scizor.
  • Dual Screens - Scizor.
Swampert:
  • Defensive - Rotom-W and Gengar.
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker - Rotom-W and Gengar.
Slowbro:
  • Tank - Rotom-W and Gengar.
Quagsire:
  • Curse - Rotom-W can trick it.
  • Specially Defensive - Terrakion.
  • Physically Defensive - Terrakion rapes the shit off this fucker again.

Reactions: tab
Hi :] maybe try timid on Rotom-W, theres nothing really stopping opposing Rotom-Ws with the same moveset however with a timid nature doing work on your team. Thats about it.

Hey MostWanted!
First off, you have a fairly solid team here.
I don't Really see any must changes.
Thanks for the rate, really appreciate it ITSU.

Hi :] maybe try timid on Rotom-W, theres nothing really stopping opposing Rotom-Ws with the same moveset however with a timid nature doing work on your team. Thats about it.
I don't need Timid nature on Rotom-W, it's just there for scouting and revenge killing purposes. I need more power on Rotom-W to take care of my top threats. Other than that thanks for the rate.

Since we started working on this, there's only one thing I could think of changing, and that's the Deoxys set. You could try Magic Coat over Taunt, as it blocks Taunts from other Deoxys, and allows you to set up hazards immediately. Same EV's, change one move. Great job, bro. Future archive team, for sure.

Since we started working on this, there's only one thing I could think of changing, and that's the Deoxys set. You could try Magic Coat over Taunt, as it blocks Taunts from other Deoxys, and allows you to set up hazards immediately. Same EV's, change one move. Great job, bro. Future archive team, for sure.
yo man, Magic Coat does sounds interesting, I'll test it out for sure, but then there's one more problem. Pokes like Dragonite, Lucario, Scizor, etc. can easily set up on Deoxys-S which could be a major problem.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Having playtested a little, I like the team a fair bit. However, your weakness to Rotom-w is glaring. I had nightmares switching in on it. Terrakion is also very tough for this team to face. I'll have some suggestions up in the next few hours but these are the weaknesses I've identified so far. I like the offensive momentum and synergy, I just find that it often comes down to luck when it comes to using this team because of the heavy sacrificial style deployed to deal with certain threats. Oh and ps Lum Berry is absolutely useless on Scizor aside from the odd occasion where a WoW Rotom-w switches in as you go to +2...not once have I thought to myself "oh I'd rather be using it" over something like Lefties or even Iron Plate/Insect Plate.

Oh and to finish things off, I've been strongly considering testing out Magic Coat. It would help solve the speed tie issues faces with other offensive teams leading with Deoxys!

I've tried this team and it seems to need an offensive spinner like Starmie as Dragonite doesn't have Roost and takes Stealth Rock damage, effectively removing Multiscale. Once Deoxys-S is down no one can stop any Stealth Rock from coming into play. Overall, it's an AMAZING team which works wonders in OU matches.

CurryLemons :D

Having playtested a little, I like the team a fair bit. However, your weakness to Rotom-w is glaring. I had nightmares switching in on it. Terrakion is also very tough for this team to face. I'll have some suggestions up in the next few hours but these are the weaknesses I've identified so far. I like the offensive momentum and synergy, I just find that it often comes down to luck when it comes to using this team because of the heavy sacrificial style deployed to deal with certain threats. Oh and ps Lum Berry is absolutely useless on Scizor aside from the odd occasion where a WoW Rotom-w switches in as you go to +2...not once have I thought to myself "oh I'd rather be using it" over something like Lefties or even Iron Plate/Insect Plate.

Oh and to finish things off, I've been strongly considering testing out Magic Coat. It would help solve the speed tie issues faces with other offensive teams leading with Deoxys!
If the Rotom-W is Scarfed it could be an issue, since most of them don't pack HP Fire Scizor and Rotom-W can deal with it fairly well. Occasionally I save Deoxys-S for later use if I see a lot of threats to this team. It gives me switch-in advantages which is always beneficial. I'll remove Lum Berry for Insect Or Iron Plate asap. To add Magic Bounce on Deoxys-S, I'll have to remove its only attacking move. I'm going to test it out and see how it turns out. Glad you like the team, thanks for the rate man.

I've tried this team and it seems to need an offensive spinner like Starmie as Dragonite doesn't have Roost and takes Stealth Rock damage, effectively removing Multiscale. Once Deoxys-S is down no one can stop any Stealth Rock from coming into play. Overall, it's an AMAZING team which works wonders in OU matches.

CurryLemons :D
I can predict them to set up Stealth Rocks and switch in Dragonite taking no damage and start setting up from there but in some cases it is a problem. I'll be testing out Taunt Gengar and Offensive Spinner Starmie to avoid the rocks.

The beauty of Magic Coat is that people do not immediately expect it. No one leads with a Nite on a Deoxys and doesn't expect to get taunted. It's just the way the metagame is at it's current junction. Therein lies the beauty of magic coat. All the fear of sending in a lead to face Deoxys, while being able to beat other Deoxys. The thrill of the unknown is alive with this change. You can be a pioneer on this one bro, moreso than you already are. You're all welcome, btw <3

I can predict them to set up Stealth Rocks and switch in Dragonite taking no damage and start setting up from there but in some cases it is a problem. I'll be testing out Taunt Gengar and Offensive Spinner Starmie to avoid the rocks.
I had to resort to using a bulkier Deoxys-S by removing some speed EV's and placing them into Defense and SpDef so he can Taunt them in mid-game. He still out speeds the whole meta-game except for Ninjask after a Speed Boost

Edit:
Ninjask is really unncommon anyways. I only ever see them as Baton Pass leads but still always set up SR first because they set up a Sub or protect for the boost. Using a EV spread of 252 Hp, 76 Def, 4 SpA, 80 SpDef and 96 Spe ensures that you always outspeed Max Speed +Nature Ninjask on the first turn. It also gives you enough bulk to take on a ScarfRachi's U-Turn.

Calcs:
ScarfRachi's U-Turn: 42.1%-50%
Ninjask's X-Scissor: 67.1%-79.6%

Hi,

A couple of minor changes which could really be useful. Consider running Shadow Ball on Deoxys-S. Espeon + Xatu switch in scotch free and laugh at most Deoxys-S. I found it to be quite the surprise, and comes really close to OHKOing Espeon iirc (the more common MB abuser).

Secondly is Rotom-W's spread. You talk about handling Dragonite at +1, yet you fail to outrun max speed Dragonite or Gyarados at +1. The set I use is as followed.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

You will notice a slight loss of power, but revenging Dragonite is really crucial, and I doubt that mid to late game a Rotom-W, with a Scarf taking hazards, sand etc. can take an Outrage.

You may or may not want to test Lum Berry or even Occa Berry on Scizor over Iron Plate, but I see Iron Plate does have its uses.

Whilst Rock Slide is nice as a back up, I think you'd be better off going with Earthquake, or even Quick Attack.

Lastly you yourself may want to run Timid Nature on Dragonite, seeing as most Rotom-W run Modest Nature (much like yours) and you can take advantage of those who think they can Trick/HP Ice etc.

GL (ps you're kind of weak to hazards)

Hi,

A couple of minor changes which could really be useful. Consider running Shadow Ball on Deoxys-S. Espeon + Xatu switch in scotch free and laugh at most Deoxys-S. I found it to be quite the surprise, and comes really close to OHKOing Espeon iirc (the more common MB abuser).

Secondly is Rotom-W's spread. You talk about handling Dragonite at +1, yet you fail to outrun max speed Dragonite or Gyarados at +1. The set I use is as followed.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

You will notice a slight loss of power, but revenging Dragonite is really crucial, and I doubt that mid to late game a Rotom-W, with a Scarf taking hazards, sand etc. can take an Outrage.

You may or may not want to test Lum Berry or even Occa Berry on Scizor over Iron Plate, but I see Iron Plate does have its uses.

Whilst Rock Slide is nice as a back up, I think you'd be better off going with Earthquake, or even Quick Attack.

Lastly you yourself may want to run Timid Nature on Dragonite, seeing as most Rotom-W run Modest Nature (much like yours) and you can take advantage of those who think they can Trick/HP Ice etc.

No one runs Jolly Dragonite and Gyarados. But thanks for the suggestion. And Timid Dragonite? You do realize this is a physical attacker, right? And Timid Nature lowers Atk, right? All righty then. I do agree with Quick Attack over Rock Slide, I think that's what we had originally. But really? Timid Dragonite? Hard to take anything you say seriously, bro.

Hi,

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

LOL

Awesome team, 10/10. Mostly just posting to note that Scizor changed it's gender about 5 times in Howard's comments, and I'm not sure whether that was intentional or a bunch of typos.

Heh I have a nearly identical team that has me sitting at 1499 right now so I can definitely attest to how effective this playstyle is. Rotom-W / Jellicent are really annoying though, so you might want to try what I did and stick Celebi somewhere. It's a great utility mon that counters both these threats with its grass typing + Natural Cure to dodge around burns, and it can use U-turn to switch out of its counters, keeping the momentum that makes this team so vicious. The moveset I use is Leaf Storm | Psychic | U-turn | Recover, which is ideal because Conkeldur is somewhat of a threat if it uses Mach Punch to avoid Gengar's Disable; however if you're not too worried about it then HP Fire's a good choice to nail Scizor / Forretress. Everything else on Celebi (EVs nature item) is the same as the Nasty Plot set. The problem here is who to replace, since every member is pretty crucial to the team, but if I were you I'd drop Dragonite, because its typing is similar to that of Celebi [in the sense that they're both water resists, which is very crucial against Drizzle teams], and you're not fully abusing Dnite because you're not packing a spinner to get the most out of Multiscale. You're not exactly guaranteeing that Stealth Rock won't be set up at some point in the match, since Deoxys is good at preventing it early-game but Scizor is just begging bulky SR users like Heatran to come in.

Just something to consider; great team and good work on reaching #1.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hey Mw,

I enjoyed building this team with you, it's been great and I was very joyful for the success that this team brought. I really love the presentation of this team, it looks phenomenal, I can see you worked very hard on it. As recommended above you definitely want to try Magic coat, it could be very useful in certain situations and people will usually not expect the move. Offensively be aware of Fire Punch Special defensive Rachi because those things will tear down Scizor which is the prime counter to Jirachi, so be aware of that. For Terrakion you might want to try Earthquake over Rock Slide to take care of other threats while not forcing a miss to happen, since I don't think Stone Edge misses much and Rock Slide and itself are the same, so definitely recommend to remove Rock Slide and add Earthquake for Jirachi usually, plus it could be beneficial against Mew and Jellicent since Rock slide has a chance to miss, and you wouldn't want it to miss and risk a Will-O-Wisp on your Choice bander. Other then that this team is really good and I'm happy I built it with you.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can definitely attest for Magic Coat on any sort of lead. It takes a while to get used to the prediction factor, but it can really work wonders once you get into the swing of things!

My main disposition with this team is that it's quite predictable. The only thing that stood out as unique was the Iron Plate on Scizor. Faking a Choiced item and then setting up on the opponent must feel pretty cool. But other than that, I feel that Team Preview immediately gives away your strategy and opponents can start planning their strategy right from the get go. They see that you don't have a Spinner, so Stealth Rock can come out and immediately disable Dragonite's setting up power. So in those regards, I feel like the opponent would hold the upper hand strategically in a battle. I would just recommend taking a risk or two in team building; put on a move or two that wouldn't be expected to grab some surprise KOs. I'm sorry I'm being so vague, but do you see my point to some degree? Everyone and their mother knows these six Pokemon are swarming OU and should be prepared for them. The surprise factor can really be your friend at times.

Regardless, congrats on the #1 Peak! Great RMT format and interesting read. Thank you!

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks good, although Special Defensive Heatran is gonna give you problems if Rotom-W is out of the way because it can scout Terrakion with Protect or burn it if it tries to switch in, also Dragonite cant really touch it and it has Lava Plume + Roar on it.

I can't really think of a solution, but be careful if you see one

Sexy team!

The beauty of Magic Coat is that people do not immediately expect it. No one leads with a Nite on a Deoxys and doesn't expect to get taunted. It's just the way the metagame is at it's current junction. Therein lies the beauty of magic coat. All the fear of sending in a lead to face Deoxys, while being able to beat other Deoxys. The thrill of the unknown is alive with this change. You can be a pioneer on this one bro, moreso than you already are. You're all welcome, btw <3
yea man, Magic Coat is awesome. I'm testing it instead of Taunt and Psycho Boost, both of those moves are so so important on Deoxys-S. I'll be posting the results soon. <3

I had to resort to using a bulkier Deoxys-S by removing some speed EV's and placing them into Defense and SpDef so he can Taunt them in mid-game. He still out speeds the whole meta-game except for Ninjask after a Speed Boost

Edit:
Ninjask is really unncommon anyways. I only ever see them as Baton Pass leads but still always set up SR first because they set up a Sub or protect for the boost. Using a EV spread of 252 Hp, 76 Def, 4 SpA, 80 SpDef and 96 Spe ensures that you always outspeed Max Speed +Nature Ninjask on the first turn. It also gives you enough bulk to take on a ScarfRachi's U-Turn.

Calcs:
ScarfRachi's U-Turn: 42.1%-50%
Ninjask's X-Scissor: 67.1%-79.6%
Running a bulky ass Deoxys-S is a great idea, I'll be giving that a shot. Ninjask can't do jack shit to my team I can Volt Switch out and KO it with Bullet Punch or set up with Dragonite.

Hi,

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Again the main reason I run Modest Rotom-W is for power, most Dragonite's run Adamant Nature for more power and I haven't seen a Jolly Dragonite for ages. Gyarados can't do shit to Rotom-W so Modest is the way to roll. Running Shadow Ball instead of Boost is a good idea, I'll try that by all means. Iron Plate Scizor suggested by Stallion has been turning out great. I'll be replacing Rock Slide for Earthquake immediately.

Awesome team, 10/10. Mostly just posting to note that Scizor changed it's gender about 5 times in Howard's comments, and I'm not sure whether that was intentional or a bunch of typos.
Thanks man, really appreciate your rate.

Heh I have a nearly identical team that has me sitting at 1499 right now so I can definitely attest to how effective this playstyle is. Rotom-W / Jellicent are really annoying though, so you might want to try what I did and stick Celebi somewhere. It's a great utility mon that counters both these threats with its grass typing + Natural Cure to dodge around burns, and it can use U-turn to switch out of its counters, keeping the momentum that makes this team so vicious. The moveset I use is Leaf Storm | Psychic | U-turn | Recover, which is ideal because Conkeldur is somewhat of a threat if it uses Mach Punch to avoid Gengar's Disable; however if you're not too worried about it then HP Fire's a good choice to nail Scizor / Forretress. Everything else on Celebi (EVs nature item) is the same as the Nasty Plot set. The problem here is who to replace, since every member is pretty crucial to the team, but if I were you I'd drop Dragonite, because its typing is similar to that of Celebi [in the sense that they're both water resists, which is very crucial against Drizzle teams], and you're not fully abusing Dnite because you're not packing a spinner to get the most out of Multiscale. You're not exactly guaranteeing that Stealth Rock won't be set up at some point in the match, since Deoxys is good at preventing it early-game but Scizor is just begging bulky SR users like Heatran to come in.

Just something to consider; great team and good work on reaching #1.
I can't afford to replace Dragonite for a Celebi. My weaknesses to Sun are already through the roof and by replacing Dnite it will be crucial to handle sun. I can see your concern but I haven't had a problem with Conkeldurr, I normally sub twice or thrice to confuse them and it works every single time. If they even outplay me I can just switch to Terrakion get the Payback boost and KO it with CC. Hazards are annoying but according to my play style I rarely give any chance to set up rocks. Thanks for the rate bro.

Hey Mw,

I enjoyed building this team with you, it's been great and I was very joyful for the success that this team brought. I really love the presentation of this team, it looks phenomenal, I can see you worked very hard on it. As recommended above you definitely want to try Magic coat, it could be very useful in certain situations and people will usually not expect the move. Offensively be aware of Fire Punch Special defensive Rachi because those things will tear down Scizor which is the prime counter to Jirachi, so be aware of that. For Terrakion you might want to try Earthquake over Rock Slide to take care of other threats while not forcing a miss to happen, since I don't think Stone Edge misses much and Rock Slide and itself are the same, so definitely recommend to remove Rock Slide and add Earthquake for Jirachi usually, plus it could be beneficial against Mew and Jellicent since Rock slide has a chance to miss, and you wouldn't want it to miss and risk a Will-O-Wisp on your Choice bander. Other then that this team is really good and I'm happy I built it with you.
Yo Cam, I'm still testing out Magic Coat, the set on Deoxys-S should be updated soon. Earthquake does seems like a better option on Terrakion to handle Toxicroaks and shit. It was a pleasure building this team with you, hope you get your badge soon. :P

I can definitely attest for Magic Coat on any sort of lead. It takes a while to get used to the prediction factor, but it can really work wonders once you get into the swing of things!

My main disposition with this team is that it's quite predictable. The only thing that stood out as unique was the Iron Plate on Scizor. Faking a Choiced item and then setting up on the opponent must feel pretty cool. But other than that, I feel that Team Preview immediately gives away your strategy and opponents can start planning their strategy right from the get go. They see that you don't have a Spinner, so Stealth Rock can come out and immediately disable Dragonite's setting up power. So in those regards, I feel like the opponent would hold the upper hand strategically in a battle. I would just recommend taking a risk or two in team building; put on a move or two that wouldn't be expected to grab some surprise KOs. I'm sorry I'm being so vague, but do you see my point to some degree? Everyone and their mother knows these six Pokemon are swarming OU and should be prepared for them. The surprise factor can really be your friend at times.

Regardless, congrats on the #1 Peak! Great RMT format and interesting read. Thank you!
ya I'll try to pull more surprise factors out of this team. Iron Plate Scizor is so good. Thanks for the rate.

Looks good, although Special Defensive Heatran is gonna give you problems if Rotom-W is out of the way because it can scout Terrakion with Protect or burn it if it tries to switch in, also Dragonite cant really touch it and it has Lava Plume + Roar on it.

I can't really think of a solution, but be careful if you see one

Sexy team!
Special Defensive Heatran is annoying if Rotom-W goes down early in the game but Terrakion has Heatran so its not a huge deal. I also Believe that +2 Outrage OHKOS Heatran so I won't worry about that. Thanks for the rate Moo.

This is a pretty decent team except for one thing. The problem with Terrakion is that he's OHKO'ed by Starmie. You should try Ferrothorn instead.

In all honesty, this is a great team and HO seems to be popping up more and more now. I might have Scarfed Terrakion to have extra insurance against stuff like Starmie, Tornadus etc. (if Rotom is gone) but you probably have more experience in that area than I do.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
This is a nice team.
Something you could try is SD + u-turn Scizor. It seems a crazy idea, but it works. Early game you u-turn for scouting your opp reaction, extra hazards damage and bluffing the choice. Late game, in my experience, after you SD, the only attack you will be using is BP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)