Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

Bulk up scraggy is p bad, use DD instead. Drain Punch>Brick Break all day. Crunch as a secondary STAB and Zen Headbutt or Ice punch for coverage, or HJK for more power.

Bulk up scraggy is p bad, use DD instead. Drain Punch>Brick Break all day. Crunch as a secondary STAB and Zen Headbutt or Ice punch for coverage, or HJK for more power.
Alright, sure. But I want to put his Shed Skin to good effect, because Moxie only works when defeating an enemy, as do DD/Bulk up raise attack as well. Maybe that would work here? But neways, here's what I think you mean:

Scraggy, Male
Ability: Shed Skin
Item: Leftovers OR Evolite
Nature: Jolly
Stats: HP, Attack, Speed
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Drain Punch
Crunch
Ice Punch

Seems pretty good, actually. But how about for Shuppet?:

Shuppet, Female
Ability: Cursed Body
Nature: Brave OR Relaxed
Stats: HP, Attack, Defense
Item: Evolite OR Leftovers
Moves:
Payback
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak
Taunt

Pretty simple tatic here. Payback with her already low Speed can be effective to most defenses. Confuse Ray can be accurate for stunning foes. Shadow Sneak as a fast attack, dealing good damage to Light Wallers like Abra and Drowzee. Taunt connects with her DW ability Cursed Body. If only she could learn Recover... That would be beast.

Shuppet is way to slow to use Taunt because it will only hit 15 speed with a + nature. You are wanting to drop that speed even lower, down to 9. You can't even Taunt Hippopotas with that. You can use Pain Split to heal though and it's legal with the DW ability.

Shuppet is way to slow to use Taunt because it will only hit 15 speed with a + nature. You are wanting to drop that speed even lower, down to 9. You can't even Taunt Hippopotas with that. You can use Pain Split to heal though and it's legal with the DW ability.
I was debating on the move, and alrdy decided to replace it. Here's the new moveset:

Shadow Sneak
Payback
Confuse Ray
Disable

I don't like Pain Split because she cannot hit first, being able to be defeated in the turn.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was debating on the move, and alrdy decided to replace it. Here's the new moveset:

Shadow Sneak
Payback
Confuse Ray
Disable

I don't like Pain Split because she cannot hit first, being able to be defeated in the turn.
If it can't live to Pain Split, how is it supposed to Disable something?

Duskull does this better. It is bulkier and has access to Shadow Sneak as well as Will-O-Wisp (which, in Little Cup, is far superior to Confuse Ray).

Basically the only reason I can think of to use Shuppet over Duskull is access to Knock Off, but even then, Shuppet is not really bulky enough to make good use of this.

If it can't live to Pain Split, how is it supposed to Disable something?

Duskull does this better. It is bulkier and has access to Shadow Sneak as well as Will-O-Wisp (which, in Little Cup, is far superior to Confuse Ray).

Basically the only reason I can think of to use Shuppet over Duskull is access to Knock Off, but even then, Shuppet is not really bulky enough to make good use of this.
Duskull? Alright, I'll work on that. Thanks! What do you think of this kind of moveset for an upcoming Duskull?

Duskull, Male
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
Best Stats: HP, Defense, Sp.Attack
Item(s): Wise Glasses/Leftovers/Evolite
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Duskull? Alright, I'll work on that. Thanks! What do you think of this kind of moveset for an upcoming Duskull?

Duskull, Male
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
Best Stats: HP, Defense, Sp.Attack
Item(s): Wise Glasses/Leftovers/Evolite
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Duskull functions best offensively with trick room, but that's not a very good strategy. When you use a Ghost-type in Little Cup, you are doing it for primarily one reason: to bring on the pain to Fighting-types. Duskull's pitiful attacking stats mean that even with Calm Mind, it will not be able to do much once it sets up.

Instead, I recommend a bulkier set with Will-O-Wisp. WoW cripples the most used Pokemon in LC right now, Mienfoo. Duskull also means Mienfoo must be cautious about using High Jump Kick. It can also handle another common, problematic fighter in Croagunk. These two factors could both pave the way for a Scraggy sweep.

With this in mind, the set I would recommend would be more like this:

Duskull @ Evoilite
Nature: Calm
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Moves:
Sub
WoW
Shadow Sneak
Pain Split

Shadow Sneak provides some insurance against Gastly. Pain Split in conjunction with Substitute means you aren't completely donefore if Mienfoo decides to U-turn after you switch in. If you don't trust the reliability of Substitute and Pain Split for healing, you could use Destiny Bond and idk... Disable?

Credits to the onsite set for Duskull, which I only modified a little

I noticed the EV spread on level 5 Pokemon... but in actual game catridges, how exactly are we gonna cram 500+ EVs within the span of 5 levels? Sure, there are vitamins, but if you want like 200 EVs within one stat it's near impossible, if not entirely impossible.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You can always use those EV wings to give those, which is probably the easiest (though still annoying to collect). It is still definitely posible, however.

Diana

I'm not an expert on it exactly, but I hear that it was proven that any EV spread was available using power items and extremely weak Magikarp with lots of switching to minimize EVs. Back then level differences didn't affect experience points so it was doable.

I'm not an expert on it exactly, but I hear that it was proven that any EV spread was available using power items and extremely weak Magikarp with lots of switching to minimize EVs. Back then level differences didn't affect experience points so it was doable.
I think you meant to say EXP gain? but yeah the only way to do so in DPP was to use 10 (or however many necessary) drinks to get the EV count up to 100, then use the desired power held item and 5 switches versus a magikarp (unnecessary speed EVs can always be berry'd down to 0 - i can't remember which one) in order to get the 236/236/36 spreads in Little Cup.

Diana

Yeah that's what I meant 9.9

Edit: I also just noticed the question about the Little Cup Doubles, and I don't know people that play it, but it should be theoretically possible in a simulator as well.

Edit: I also just noticed the question about the Little Cup Doubles, and I don't know people that play it, but it should be theoretically possible in a simulator as well.
It is! I've remember iss and dracoyoshi8 play lc doubles before. Just set the challenge to doubles.

Crux

Banned deucer.
It is viable, but generally other items such as Life Orb and White Herb and Oran Berry work better due to sturdy giving it the survivability it needs to set up Shell Smash.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
or you can use splash plate which is useful to give aqua jet (still needed cause tirtuga is still slow af) a nice boost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)