Issue #17 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

And just when you all thought I'd vanished! For shame! This issue is a bit more modest with fewer articles than last issue, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be excited! We've got some lovely material here for you this time, including MoP's musings over how you can fit in, a tag-team Mew/Mewtwo featured Pokemon duet, and some talk about the awesomeness that is rotation battles as just the tip of the iceberg. I'll take a moment—as I usually do here—to thank the people that made this issue possible: the staff. Most of all, though, I want to thank Setsuna. I know that I step in and do all of this release stuff, but Setsuna's really a big shot when it comes to getting everything done and making life so easy for me at the outset of each issue. Actually, he's so useful and so much help that I am making him a co-leader of The Smog with me. All that boring real life stuff can sometimes get in the way of my being as active as the staff deserves, so this will help keep things together with a standing leader around at all times. Congratulations, Setsuna! Let's not let Setsuna take all the glory for this issue, though, as the rest of the staff really kicked ass too, and none of this would be possible without all of the authors and grammar checkers. Cheers to you all! Finally, I want to thank you all, the readers. Without you guys and your support, we wouldn't even have the capacity to write these things at all. You make this possible, and for that we are eternally grateful. Now enough talk, go read the issue! Enjoy!

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Looks great so far! My only question was why the Arterview with Chou is instead labelled as an interview with Nastyjungle?
I fixed that because RD is a noob.

Great issue everyone! Be sure to read the Mewtwo article, How to Grammar Check Like the Prose, and my interview!

It seems a little cheap to use the same art for both the featured UU and Uber Pokemon, but it's good art and not that big a deal so whatever, haha.
Hope to contribute to the next article; has planning already started?

6-Dimension said:
It seems a little cheap to use the same art for both the featured UU and Uber Pokemon, but it's good art not that big a deal so whatever, haha.
There actually is plenty of art between the two articles (and unique art for each). The reason the art is reused is to reaffirm the articles as a duet. They are the partnership that made our cover art possible, and it was kind of a theme for the issue. Hopefully that clears it up a bit!

Volmise

.:The Firefly Light:.
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm so glad I got to help with art for this issue, and extremely surprised that my picture was chosen to be the cover image. You cannot imagine how giddy I am right now!

Wonderfully done everyone.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Fantastic job Volmise on all of your art!

Thanks again to Fulgrate for doing the art for the Recently in C&C article, it turned out fantastic.

Really good job everyone :D

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
nice job writers and fellow artists!

too bad the article i drew for got pushed back but keep on the lookout for it in issue 18 ;)

wasting post 1300 to say that a) first time i'm mentioned in the smog :D and b) did my idea actually get accepted LOL

excellent work as always!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
read most of the content in this issue. helpful for everyone as always.

great work to all the writers.

Thanks for the Analysis "Guide." Hopefully, it should inspire more originality in each of the write-ups and eliminates the overused phrases and structures within them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)