CAP 13 CAP 2 - Policy Review Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread for people to apply for membership on the Policy Review Committee for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people.

The Policy Review Committee performs the following key functions:

• Selecting a Topic Leader for the CAP Project
  • Creating Policy Review topics
  • Voting in Policy Review polls
The Policy Review Committee selection process is designed to be open to any qualified members. This is not a popularity contest. Policy Review Committee applications are open to anyone with an established record of recent, active involvement on the CAP project. The main purpose of this thread, is to force members to overtly request to be a part of the committee, and be willing to advertise their recent track record of involvement on the CAP project. That's it. Selection to this committee should have nothing to do with whether a person is "liked" or "disliked" -- but you must be "active".

All Topic Leader nominees will be automatically applied for membership on the Policy Review Committee, after the conclusion of the Topic Leader vote. Anyone that is active enough on the CAP project to seek the TL position, is assumed to be active enough to desire a position on the Policy Review Committee. However, just because the TL nominees are automatically applied for membership on the Policy Review Committee, does not mean they will be automatically selected. See the Process guide sticky for more information about the Policy Review Committee.
This thread is strictly for PRC application posts. Do not post support for any applicants, since this is not a public poll. This is not a discussion topic about the Policy Review Committee, so please do not ask questions about it here.

Here are the rules for Policy Review Committee application posting:

• Candidates must have been actively involved over at least one CAP project. Voting is not "active involvement". Lurking is not "active involvement". You must have a strong track record of making intelligent posts and contributions to the project. Active playtesting on the CAP server is a highly valued contribution to the project.
  • You must have a clear understanding of the CAP process and rules. If you are not familiar with current policy, you cannot expect to participate in changing it.
  • Current PRC members are no longer automatically accepted onto the new Policy Review Committee. All members must apply equally, and all members will be evaluated equally.
  • PRC applicants should post an application in the following form:
    • 1. In a short paragraph, characterize your involvement with the last two CAP projects.
    • 2. In two or three sentences, characterize your activity on the Create-A-Pokémon Server.
    • 3. Link to a few posts in which you supported a choice with competitive reasoning and/or link to a few of your posts in a Policy Review thread. (Optional)
  • Make application posts only. A sure-fire way to prove that you do not understand CAP rules is to go off-topic in this thread.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You guys know me. I haven't been as active as I have been in the past, but I am a fixture in the community and have always discussed the project enthusiastically on the old Shoddy server and IRC. I only post in threads when I think I have something to add, and that isn't 100% of the time. I've been involved with this project for a long time and you guys all know how active I was on the server before we moved to PO. I was going to run for TL but I think I'm too busy irl for this one.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ive been around for a long ass time. I used to be very active on the old CAP server / shoddy server and am very active in #cap. I ocassionaly post in cap but i try to make all my posts intelligent. My posts are usually short and to the point since I don't believe in adding tons of bull shit. I am the king of playtesting too.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1. In a short paragraph, characterize your involvement with the last two CAP projects.

I was heavily involved in CAP11, and participated frequently in discussion, as well as for several CAPs prior. While IRL issues meant that I could not contribute as frequently in CAP1, I still made sure to post as regularly and with as much thought as I could muster. In addition, I also helped update the Competitive Movepool Submissions guidelines as well as VGM definitions on-site. While my metagame knowledge is admittedly not as sound now as I would like it to be, I am reasonably well acquainted with the particulars of battling, and more importantly, can organise my ideas and, I think, debate effectively. I also do a lot of writing for C&C... if that makes any difference.

2. In two or three sentences, characterize your activity on the Create-A-Pokémon Server.

Didn't know it existed anymore, will make sure to playtest CAP2 once it's done.

3. Link to a few posts in which you supported a choice with competitive reasoning and/or link to a few of your posts in a Policy Review thread. (Optional)

Not sure whether we're only supposed to link to CAP1 or any post ever, so here's some from CAP1:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3395247&postcount=6
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3430391&postcount=5

Hello CAP.

Old AL is still around. With CAP2, I'm going to increase my participation within the forum further from the last project (unfortunately, I was mostly busy at the time of CAP11, though I still connected to the server for the playtesting period I beleive). I applied to join the committee for CAP1 (though there were no real PR threads made from it that time) for starters and made sure I contributed with my ideas in the steps that followed.

Doug's CAP Server on Shoddy was the only server I would connect to back when it was still up. I know many of the other members, including the old crowd from the server's heyday. With the state of the CAP on PO, it's no suprise I wasn't on it much (or anyone else for that matter). Hopefully, a stable solution can arise in which CAP can be fully enjoyed once again.

Just two links to recent PR related threads:

CAP Pre-Evo.

A few posts of mine on this page of this thread.

Remember that if you've been in the community a long time or was actively involved in one of the CAP projects you should still sign up if you want to be actively involved in CAP 2. Even more so with the long break. Don't feel shy about it.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, why not, I'll apply.

Unlike the people above, I my experience with CAP only began with the most recent project. Despite having made my account almost half a year earlier, I never really came to Smogon until I got involved in CAP. Over the course of the project I went from just lurking and voting, to being part of discussions and submitting things such as stat spreads and move pools. I also spent a lot of time on #cap discussing all parts of the projects. In fact, I have been very active there since I fist discovered it back during the early parts of CAP1, and have spent a lot of time on it, even during the slow CAPless summer.

Additionally, I was very active on the PO server for the CAP1 playtest. I spent time testing out all different approaches to using and countering the new Pokemon, from the more common Rapid Spin and Toxic Stall sets, to my amazing Bulk Up sweeper Tomohawk. I never really climbed too high on the ladder due to my focus on trying out new things rather than mastering one or two, but I very much enjoyed the time spent playing, experimenting, and discussing strategy on IRC.

I'm very much looking forward to this next CAP, and I hope it is as enjoyable as my initial experience.

Hey. I've only been around since Krillowatt, when I had low to moderate activity and I missed Voodoom and haven't been around much since Tomohawk since I'm away from computers for pretty much the whole summer. However I had a large involvement with CAP 1. I was on IRC a lot, I made a lot of (I'd like to think) constructive posts on the forum, and I submitted a few things – none won but one or two came quite close. I used to be on Shoddy CAP a lot pre- and post-Krillowat and I was somewhat active during playtests (I didn't have too much time due to irl for Tomo). I'm definitely looking forward to getting involved in CAP 2, and am looking forward to its start.

Edit: Here's my stat spread I guess: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3371264&postcount=10

Remember that if you've been in the community a long time or was actively involved in one of the CAP projects you should still sign up if you want to be actively involved in CAP 2. Even more so with the long break. Don't feel shy about it.
ok

Didn't do shit 5th gen cap 1, was around for a long time. I actively participated during the 4th gen caps, mostly on the server and #cap. Since the lack of a server, #cap has been mostly where I talked and contributed (mostly about dissolving the prc).

some shit (goddamn not even pr stuff but fuck that)

I've been active in the creation of Voodoom and Tomohawk, and I lurked/voted during the creation of the two CAPs before them. I have enthusiastically discussed most of the aspects of both Voodoom and Tomohawk, and attempted move and stat submissions, succeeding with Tomohawk's movepool. I have also been participating in the policy review discussions and generally trying to get out there, including being among the first to go into eric the espeon's original PO CAP server and battling him there. Although lately I haven't been going on PO at all in the past few months for various reasons, perhaps now that CAP is starting up again, that may change. I care about CAP and I like to make that known, so I would like to have input on the TL and the policy review that follows CAP 2's completion.

(If Umbreon Dan reads this, I don't want to go up against 4+ users at this time...)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Regardless of being a mod, I always feel the need to post in the PRC thread with my most recent work.

I've been around this project since the very beginning, the 4th Gen CAP 1, about the only CAP I missed a portion of was Arghonaut during my entire tenure. I've tried to lead effectively through all of the stoppages and strife the forum has endured, and I'm excited we're finally on a stable track.

In CAP 1 (Tomohawk) I submitted a stat spread and contributed to all discussions to the best of my ability. I will continue to contribute with my maximum effort to each project.

I am constantly on #cap on IRC and I need to get back into server shape, but I intend on working on that sooner rather than later. The Excadrill/Thundurus ban is sure to shake up the metagame at its foundation.

Stat Spread Submission for Tomohawk

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I figure I should probably post here. Although I log on every day to the forums and IRC and follow everything in CAP, I'm not as active a poster in CAP as I used be. So I won't assume that newcomers are as familiar with me as they are with the CAP mods.

I'm DougJustDoug, and for most of CAP's history I have been the head of the overall CAP project. I built the first CAP server, I made the CAP website, I wrote or co-wrote the majority of CAP policy, and I sponsored most of the CAP leadership initiatives and relationship with Smogon as a whole. I also have been an active participant in every CAP project from the very beginning with Syclant.

Since the advent of the 5th gen, I've tried to take more of a back seat role in CAP. We have several great mods here, and they know what they are doing. So, I'd like to be more of an advisor to the mods, than an overall decision maker. I am a Smogon Administrator, and if anything happens here that requires Smogon administrative intervention, then I'll be the guy doing it. But that would be an extreme case, if at all.

I do plan to be active in this CAP, and I will comment on policy as it arises. But my comments should be regarded like any other experienced CAP member, which is why I am posting in this thread.

I am looking forward to CAP 2!

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I, reachzero, have been actively involved in the formation of each of the last two CAPs. I led the movement for Voodoom's partner to be Togekiss, contributed heavily to the discussion of typing and competitive movepool for Voodoom, and was an active playtester. I was the topic leader for Tomohawk, the first CAP of Generation 5. Under my leadership, the process went relatively smoothly and produced an excellent, competitively balanced product.

I have always been one of the most active playtesters in each of the CAP metagames, and I have previously been a driver and subsequently a mod on the CAP servers.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there.

As many of you know, I was on a bit of a hiatus during CAP1. However, in the past, I was one of the more active posters in CAP, as a TL and as a moderator. I'm not going to link to any submitted things because most of my stuff is either really old or very recent (and controversial). I will be very active during this and future CAPs for as long as I possibly can. I'll be seeing you all around!

In other news, this thread will close at 12pm EST on Saturday (noon). This is to allow the mods a couple of hours grace period to sort out the PRC applications.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hi i'm Nails.

I wasn't active for the majority of gen 4 (wasn't even on smogon) but once I learned about CAP's existence (after krillowatt) I played a fairly decent amount and was quite active on the server. I was a driver on the CAP shoddy server until the end of gen 4. I was on the PRC for tomohawk, came up with its typing and participated in the discussions. I also contributed one of the final two stat spread submissions for tomohawk's prevo.

i'm ssbbm

i basically joined cap at the same time nails ^ did; basically after krilowatt. i played extensively and was on the cap server quite a bit during gen 4 (i dominated the CAP ladder, albeit a dead CAP ladder), and i was a driver until the server closed. i also playtested with tomohawk, and was on the PRC committee as well.

I have been involved in CaP for the last three projects (since Krilowatt). I do this in three main ways:

1. Participating in CaP discussions, right the way through the project - here are examples from the concept and art stages.

2. Contributing to policy threads. For example, I proposed IRV, and I took part in the debate last week.

3. Helping out between projects. For example, because I have a decent knowledge the project's rules, I can often answer questions in the Q&A thread. Before Tomohawk started up, I volunteered to create a CaP Primer, though I was not selected, and I also provided a very small amount of assistance to Rising Dusk's movepool revisions.

In general, my principles are to make thoughtful and constructive posts, backed up by evidence; to avoid arguments, and make swift apologies when I am in the wrong; and to encourage and help newcomers participate in the CaP discussions.

I have not been active on the server, but I hope my contributions in other areas of the project might make up for that.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Deadline, I'm not going to be a dick and disallow smallviser's app by 3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)