Klinklang [GP 2/2]

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

[Overview]

<p>Klinklang is a very interesting Pokemon, both aesthetically and competitively. It has an excellent stat boosting move in the form of Shift Gear, along with a powerful signature move in Gear Grind. The former is what really gives Klinklang a solid niche in RU: after just one boost, Klinklang outspeeds the entire tier. Topped off with with excellent stats and typing, Klinklang looks like an excellent Pokemon all round. However, it has one major, crippling flaw: its offensive movepool is dreadfully barren, with a complete absence of coverage options save for Return and Hidden Power. Because of this, Klinklang finds it hard to hit the many Water- and Steel-types in the tier. With the right support though, Klinklang will pull more than its weight.</p>

[SET]
Set: Shift Gear
move 1: Shift Gear
move 2: Gear Grind
move 3: Return
move 4: Substitute / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground
nature: Adamant / Naughty
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
evs: 132 Hp / 252 Atk / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>After using its signature move Shift Gear, the listed EV spread allows Klinklang to outspeed even Choice Scarf users with base 100 Speed, making it extremely hard to revenge kill. Gear Grind becomes especially powerful with a Shift Gear boost, 2HKOing most of the RU tier. Substitute allows Klinklang to set up Shift Gear more easily if it can pull one off, and works well with Klinklang's bulk and typing. Behind a Substitute,(comma) Klinklang is even harder to revenge kill,(comma) and priority moves will be rather weak. Hidden power Fire and Ground allow Klinklang to deal with opposing Steel-types more easily;(semi colon) Fire allows you to deal significant damage to Ferroseed, who would wall you otherwise,(comma) while Hidden power Ground completely destroys Magneton. If using either Hidden Power, a Naughty nature is preferred.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If you feel you do not need the extra Speed, you can maximize your HP for more bulk. If you do this, make sure to use Leftovers as an item, as Klinklang will appreciate the extra recovery provided. Klinklang likes entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Qwilfish and Roselia to score KOes more easily, as even after a Shift Gear it may not be able to get past very bulky threats. Other good choices for entry hazards are Omastar and Crustle, who can set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes. After Stealth Rock damage, Klinklang 2HKOes two of the most physically bulky Pokemon in the tier, Gligar and Tangrowth.</p>

<p>If Klinklang is not running Hidden Power, it is recommended that you use a Pokemon that can easily take down opposing Steel-types for Klinklang. Wynaut, Magneton, and Dugtrio make good choices for this role; Wynaut stands out as it can also help Klinklang set up with Encore. Choice Scarf Krookodile makes a good teammate too, threatening Steel-types and being able to clean up the mess once Klinklang has mowed through the opposing team. Volt Switch can also be used to escape from Magneton and Wynaut, but is usually counterproductive outside of these situations. Klinklang breaks the beaks of Flying-types such as Swellow as well due to its excellent typing, resisting the Normal-, Flying-, and Dark-type moves they usually carry. Pokemon such as Hitmonlee and Gallade enjoy having Fighting-types removed, while also removing Steel-types for Klinklang.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Klinklang doesn't have much it can do outside of Shift Gear. It can use a special boosting set with Charge Beam, but it is badly outclassed in this role. Thunder Wave can be used to cripple an opposing Pokemon before Klinklang goes down, but it usually has better things to do with its time. Finally, Klinklang can also support its team with Trick Room, but it is a bit too fast too abuse Trick Room itself.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>It is easy for Klinklang to steamroll an entire team after setting up, but it still has its fair share of counters. Ferroseed is one of those roadblocks that just make Klinklang crash, taking laughable damage from everything barring Hidden Power Fire; the recoil from Iron Barbs and Life Orb will wear Klinklang down very fast Magneton frequently appears in Klinklang's nightmares as well, trapping and zapping the powerful machine with STAB Thunderbolt. Steelix makes Klinklang look like a set of toys as it laughs at anything Klinklang has to throw at it. Bulky Water-types, especially Quagsire and Alomomola, can take on Klinklang easily, resisting Gear Grind and being able to take a Return; they can then strike back with STAB moves such as Scald and Waterfall and rust out the poor gears. Entei makes a good check too, as it survives one boosted Return and is able to KO Klinklang with Flare Blitz, but it cannot take repeated Returns to the face, especially with entry hazards up.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Klinklang's Hidden Ability is Clear Body. This should be used on all sets if or when it is released. It prevents the stat drops induced by Intimidate. In addition, Plus and Minus are absolutely useless on Klinklang, making Clear Body an obvious choice.</p>

Really solid skeleton, nice work. Hmm it seems like Klinglkang loses quite a lot of HP due to Sub and LO, which is kinda contradictory for a Pokemon that can actually make use of 12 resistances and good defense. Perhaps Leftovers should get the primary slash as the item of choice? Man this things movepool is barren, mabye mention in OO that it has thunder wave for a little support, trick room too (although it can hardly use it... Oh yeah and i has surprised to find out that gear grind only has 85% accuracy, might be worth a mention

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Added, thank you

Edit: Solid skeleton? i typed this cause i was bored on the ride home lol

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know about this, but Rock Smash might be worth a mention just because of Aggron. A +2 Rock Smash does 57.0% - 83.1% to 252 HP / 0 Def Aggron (I don't if that's common) and 86.5% - 101.8% to 0 HP / 0 Def.

Do as you will, just a suggestion.

EDIT: Never mind this. I wrote the wrong BP in the calculator. It's still a bad idea.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
I don't know about this, but Rock Smash might be worth a mention just because of Aggron. A +2 Rock Smash does 70.6% - 83.1% to 252 HP / 0 Def Aggron (I don't if that's common) and 86.5% - 101.8% to 0 HP / 0 Def.

Do as you will, just a suggestion.
That wont be necesarry superJocke, as a +2 gear grind does this much to 0/0 aggron (88.97% - 104.98%) with LO and this much to 252/0(72.67% - 85.76%) so rock smash is not necessary.

Iron Plate might be worth a mention as an item, since Klinklang could use the extra power and appreciates the lack of recoil. From my experience it makes the difference between 2HKOs and OHKOs.

Iron Plate might be worth a mention as an item, since Klinklang could use the extra power and appreciates the lack of recoil. From my experience it makes the difference between 2HKOs and OHKOs.
Steel's coverage is really lacking and after seeing Klingklang many times in action I think it needs to have Return boosted as well. Besides, late-game it doesn't have to stay around, 2 or 3 turns usually are enough and if it grabs a sub (it should try to set up on something it scares so the sub isn't hard to get) it's gg

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd remove Volt Switch's slash. (It seems counter intuitive, and you can always just double switch magneton)

QC APPROVED (1/3)

Yea, Volt Switch is a little counterproductive. You really shouldn't be attempting a sweep with KlingKlang until all the opposing Steel-types are gone anyway. AC it.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll help ya Molk.

Firstly, the tone is too informal. Those questions in the overview should be taken out.

Overview said:
Klinklang is an anomaly among Pokemon, it has an excellent stat boosting move in the form of Shift Gear, and a powerful signature move Gear Grind. But it somehow finds itself in the RU tier, how is that? Well Klinklang has a crippling flaw, it has barely any moves to abuse its stat boosts with. Only having access to Return for coverage, but what did you expect from a bunch of gears anyway? Because of this Klinklang finds it hard to hit the many Water and Steel-Types in the tier. But that isn't all there is to Klinklang, it has excellent stats to work with, Shift Gear is still an excellent stat boosting move allowing it to outspeed the entire tier. Despite his flaws, Klinklang will do more than pull its weight with the right support.
You kinda jump between points. "Klinklang is good for these reasons, but it has these flaws. It can do this stuff, but has these other flaws."

Start with the good stuff, then mention the bad, and end with good again. "Klinklang is good at this, but it has a few flaws. Even so, it's a great choice for your team." ect.

Change all mentions of "sub" to "Substitute"

Change all relevant mentions of "you" to Klinklang, or it. "You" are not a Pokemon.

i.e. "You can 2HKO Pokemon X with your STAB Gear Grind."

In the DW section, explain why Clear Body is a good ability.

You haven't mentioned its ability to check Honchkrow at all.

You should edit the checks and counters section. It's extremely repetitive, like you're using the same sentence over and over.

Make these changes, and it's JT Approved.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
I'll help ya Molk.

Firstly, the tone is too informal. Those questions in the overview should be taken out.

You kinda jump between points. "Klinklang is good for these reasons, but it has these flaws. It can do this stuff, but has these other flaws."

Start with the good stuff, then mention the bad, and end with good again. "Klinklang is good at this, but it has a few flaws. Even so, it's a great choice for your team." ect.

Change all mentions of "sub" to "Substitute"

Change all relevant mentions of "you" to Klinklang, or it. "You" are not a Pokemon.

i.e. "You can 2HKO Pokemon X with your STAB Gear Grind."

In the DW section, explain why Clear Body is a good ability.

You haven't mentioned its ability to check Honchkrow at all.

You should edit the checks and counters section. It's extremely repetitive, like you're using the same sentence over and over.

Make these changes, and it's JT Approved.
thanks, i needed the creative advice, i bet this will be ready for gp once i make these changes

and im going to wait until honch's fate is decided before i mention anything about it.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Amateur GP!

Deletes in Red
Changes in Blue
Side Comments in Green

Personally I'd make more mention of how it checks Swellow and especially Honchkrow. Also, check your caps. I'm okay with fixing run-ons because everyone makes that mistake, but caps are relatively easier to control.

[Overview]

<p>Klinklang is a very interesting looking Pokemon, both aesthetically and competitively. It it has an excellent stat boosting move in the form of Shift Gear, and a powerful signature move in the form of Gear Grind. Klinklang has a niche in its own right, outspeeding the entire tier after just one Shift Gear., with With excellent stats and typing, Klinklang seems like an excellent pokemon. Klinklang has one crippling flaw: though, it has barely any moves to abuse its stat boosts with, only Only having access to Return for coverage. Because of this, Klinklang finds it hard to hit the many Water and Steel-Types in the tier. This this is Klinklang's Achilles heel when trying to sweep. Although Despite his flaws, Klinklang will do more than pull its weight with the right support.</p>

Although despite kinda sounds awkward, but you can choose between 'Despite his flaws' and 'Although he has his flaws.' Also, don't forget to keep your gender consistent.

[SET]

Set name: Shift Gear
move1: Shift Gear
move2: Gear Grind
move3: Return
move4: Substitute / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden power Ground
Nature: Adamant / Naughty
Item: Life orb / Leftovers
Evs: 132hp / 252atk / 124spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is what Klinklang does best., after After using its signature move Shift Gear, the listed ev spread allows it to outspeed scarfed base 100's.You do this yet again. Watch your comma splices. This makes Klinklang extremly hard to revenge kill. After setting up, Gear Grind becomes especially powerful, 2HKOing 2hkoing most of the RU tier. If you feel you do not need the speed, youYou can maximize your HP for more bulk., If you do this make sure to use Leftovers as an item, as Klinklang will appreciate the extra recovery it provides. Substitute allows Klinklang to set up Shift Gear more easily if it can pull one off, and works well with Klinklang's bulk and typing. Behind a Substitute, Klinklang is even harder to revenge and can take priority rather easily. Hidden power Fire and Ground allow Klinklang to deal with opposing Steel-Types more easily. Fire allows you to deal significant damage to Ferroseed, Who would wall you otherwise. Hidden power Ground does the same thing for Magneton. If using either of these, use a Naughty nature.</p>

<p> Klinklang likes entry hazards from things such as Qwilfish and Roselia to score KOsKoes more easily, as even after a Shift Gear it may not be able to get past Very Bulkyvery bulky threats., anotherAnother good choice for entry hazards is Omastar, who can set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes. After Stealth Rock damage Klinklang 2HKoes two of the most physically bulky pokemon in the tier, Gligar and Tangrowth with hazard support.</p>

+1 Life orb Klinklang Gear Grind Vs standard Gligar (40.42% - 47.90%) (2hko after Steath Rock)
+1 Life orb Klinklang Gear Grind Vs standard Tangrowth (44.06% - 52.23%) (guarenteed 2hko after Stealth Rock)

[Additional Comments]

<p>If Klinklang is not running Hidden Power, it is reccomended that you use a pokemon that can easily take down opposing Steel-types For Klinklang. Wynaut, Magneton, and Dugtrio make good choices for this role, Especiallyespecially Wynaut as it can also help Klinklang set up. Scarf Krookodile also makes a good teammate, threatening Steel-types and being able to clean up the mess once the machine accident is over. Volt Switch Can also be used to escape From Magneton and Wynaut, But is usually counterproductive outside of these situations.</p>

Underline=what you say? >.>

[Other Options]

<p>Klinklang Doesn't have much it can do outside of Shift Gear. It can use a special boosting set with Charge Beam, but it is badly outclassed in this role. Thunder wave can be used to cripple an opposing pokemon before going down,but it usually has better things to do, Klinklang can support your team with Trick Room, but it is a bit to fast to abuse Trick Room itself.</p>

[Checks and counters]

<p>Klinklang is Extremly Hard to Revenge Kill after a Shift Gear, But it has its fair share of Checks and Counters. Ferroseed makes an Excellentexcellent Counter to Klinklang, Taking anything other than a Hidden power Extremely well, it doesnt hurt that Iron Barbs does damage for each hit of Gear Grind as well, add on life orb recoil and Klinklang will be down in no time. Magneton can easily take on Klinklang on, Trapping and Zapping the machine with a powerful Thunderbolt. Steelix makes Klinklang look like a set of toys as it laughs at anything Klinklang has to throw at it. Bulky Waters, especially Quagsire and Alomomola can take on Klinklang easily, resisting Gear Grind and being able to take a Return. Entei makes a good check surviving Return and being able to KO with Flare Blitz, Butbut it cannot take repeated Returns.</p>

[Dream World]

<p> Klinklang's Hidden ability is Clear body. , tThis should be the standard ability on all sets when or if possible. Asas it prevents things like intimidate Intimidate from working, this ability is far superior to plus and minus.</p>

edit: This is by no means done, though. I know for a fact that I missed several CamelCase-esque capitalizations (Klinklang is Extremly Hard to Revenge Kill ), but I think you know what to do with that. Sentences still sound somewhat clunky and repetitive, but well I don't know what to do about those =3.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Amateur GP!

Deletes in Red
Changes in Blue
Side Comments in Green

Personally I'd make more mention of how it checks Swellow and especially Honchkrow. Also, check your caps. I'm okay with fixing run-ons because everyone makes that mistake, but caps are relatively easier to control.

[Overview]

<p>Klinklang is a very interesting looking Pokemon, both aesthetically and competitively. It it has an excellent stat boosting move in the form of Shift Gear, and a powerful signature move in the form of Gear Grind. Klinklang has a niche in its own right, outspeeding the entire tier after just one Shift Gear., with With excellent stats and typing, Klinklang seems like an excellent pokemon. Klinklang has one crippling flaw: though, it has barely any moves to abuse its stat boosts with, only Only having access to Return for coverage. Because of this, Klinklang finds it hard to hit the many Water and Steel-Types in the tier. This this is Klinklang's Achilles heel when trying to sweep. Although Despite his flaws, Klinklang will do more than pull its weight with the right support.</p>

Although despite kinda sounds awkward, but you can choose between 'Despite his flaws' and 'Although he has his flaws.' Also, don't forget to keep your gender consistent.

[SET]

Set name: Shift Gear
move1: Shift Gear
move2: Gear Grind
move3: Return
move4: Substitute / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden power Ground
Nature: Adamant / Naughty
Item: Life orb / Leftovers
Evs: 132hp / 252atk / 124spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is what Klinklang does best., after After using its signature move Shift Gear, the listed ev spread allows it to outspeed scarfed base 100's.You do this yet again. Watch your comma splices. This makes Klinklang extremly hard to revenge kill. After setting up, Gear Grind becomes especially powerful, 2HKOing 2hkoing most of the RU tier. If you feel you do not need the speed, youYou can maximize your HP for more bulk., If you do this make sure to use Leftovers as an item, as Klinklang will appreciate the extra recovery it provides. Substitute allows Klinklang to set up Shift Gear more easily if it can pull one off, and works well with Klinklang's bulk and typing. Behind a Substitute, Klinklang is even harder to revenge and can take priority rather easily. Hidden power Fire and Ground allow Klinklang to deal with opposing Steel-Types more easily. Fire allows you to deal significant damage to Ferroseed, Who would wall you otherwise. Hidden power Ground does the same thing for Magneton. If using either of these, use a Naughty nature.</p>

<p> Klinklang likes entry hazards from things such as Qwilfish and Roselia to score KOsKoes more easily, as even after a Shift Gear it may not be able to get past Very Bulkyvery bulky threats., anotherAnother good choice for entry hazards is Omastar, who can set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes. After Stealth Rock damage Klinklang 2HKoes two of the most physically bulky pokemon in the tier, Gligar and Tangrowth with hazard support.</p>

+1 Life orb Klinklang Gear Grind Vs standard Gligar (40.42% - 47.90%) (2hko after Steath Rock)
+1 Life orb Klinklang Gear Grind Vs standard Tangrowth (44.06% - 52.23%) (guarenteed 2hko after Stealth Rock)

[Additional Comments]

<p>If Klinklang is not running Hidden Power, it is reccomended that you use a pokemon that can easily take down opposing Steel-types For Klinklang. Wynaut, Magneton, and Dugtrio make good choices for this role, Especiallyespecially Wynaut as it can also help Klinklang set up. Scarf Krookodile also makes a good teammate, threatening Steel-types and being able to clean up the mess once the machine accident is over. Volt Switch Can also be used to escape From Magneton and Wynaut, But is usually counterproductive outside of these situations.</p>

Underline=what you say? >.>

[Other Options]

<p>Klinklang Doesn't have much it can do outside of Shift Gear. It can use a special boosting set with Charge Beam, but it is badly outclassed in this role. Thunder wave can be used to cripple an opposing pokemon before going down,but it usually has better things to do, Klinklang can support your team with Trick Room, but it is a bit to fast to abuse Trick Room itself.</p>

[Checks and counters]

<p>Klinklang is Extremly Hard to Revenge Kill after a Shift Gear, But it has its fair share of Checks and Counters. Ferroseed makes an Excellentexcellent Counter to Klinklang, Taking anything other than a Hidden power Extremely well, it doesnt hurt that Iron Barbs does damage for each hit of Gear Grind as well, add on life orb recoil and Klinklang will be down in no time. Magneton can easily take on Klinklang on, Trapping and Zapping the machine with a powerful Thunderbolt. Steelix makes Klinklang look like a set of toys as it laughs at anything Klinklang has to throw at it. Bulky Waters, especially Quagsire and Alomomola can take on Klinklang easily, resisting Gear Grind and being able to take a Return. Entei makes a good check surviving Return and being able to KO with Flare Blitz, Butbut it cannot take repeated Returns.</p>

[Dream World]

<p> Klinklang's Hidden ability is Clear body. , tThis should be the standard ability on all sets when or if possible. Asas it prevents things like intimidate Intimidate from working, this ability is far superior to plus and minus.</p>
thank you, finished, i will not add anyhthing about honchkrow until its fate is decided tho.

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amateur GP Check!
Blue means add it in
Red means take it out
Green means random comments

[Overview]

<p> Klinklang is a very interesting looking Pokemon, both aesthetically and competitively. iIt has an excellent stat boosting move in the form of Shift Gear, and a powerful signature move in the form of Gear Grind. Klinklang has a niche in its own right, outspeeding the entire tier after just one Shift Gear,.[Remove comma / Add period] Topped off with excellent stats and typing, Klinklang seems like an excellent pokemon. However, Klinklang has one crippling flaw;[add semicolen] though, it has barely any moves to abuse its stat boosts with, Oonly having access to Return for coverage. Because of this, Klinklang finds it hard to hit the many Water and Steel-Types in the tier. tThis is Klinklang's Achilles heel when trying to sweep. Despite his its flaws, Klinklang will do more than pull its weight with the right support. </p>

[SET]
move 4: Substitute / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden power Ground
item: Life orb / Leftovers
evs: 132Hp / 252Atk / 124Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> This is what Klinklang does best,.[Remove comma / Add period] aAfter using its signature move Shift Gear, the listed ev spread allows it to outspeed scarfed base 100's. This makes Klinklang extremly hard to revenge kill. After setting up, Gear Grind becomes especially powerful, 2hkoing most of the RU tier. If you feel you do not need the speed,[add comma] Yyou can maximize your HP for more bulk,.[Remove comma / Add period] iIf you do this,[add comma] make sure to use Leftovers as an item, as Klinklang will appreciate the extra recovery it providesd [Saying "it provides" makes it sound like Klinklang is providing the extra recovery]. Substitute allows Klinklang to set up Shift Gear more easily if it can pull one off, and works well with Klinklang's bulk and typing. Behind a Substitute Klinklang is even harder to revenge kill and can take priority rather easily. Hidden power Fire and Ground allow Klinklang to deal with opposing Steel-Types more easily. Fire allows you to deal significant damage to Ferroseed, Wwho would wall you otherwise. Hidden power Ground does the same thing for Magneton. If using either of these Hidden Power, use a Naughty nature is preffered. </p>

<p> Klinklang likes entry hazards from things such as Qwilfish and Roselia to score KoOes more easily, as even after a Shift Gear it may not be able to get past Vvery Bulky threats,. [Remove comma / Add period] aAnother good choice for entry hazards is Omastar, who can set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes. After Stealth Rock damage Klinklang 2HKoOes two of the most physically bulky pokemon in the tier, Gligar and Tangrowth, [Add comma] with hazard support. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> If Klinklang is not running Hidden Power, it is reccomended that you use a pokemon that can easily take down opposing Steel-types Ffor Klinklang. Wynaut, Magneton, and Dugtrio make good choices for this role,. [Remove comma / Add period] Especially Wynaut stands out, as it can also help Klinklang set up. Scarf Krookodile also makes a good teammate, threatening Steel-types and being able to clean up the mess once the machine accident is over. Volt Switch Ccan also be used to escape From Magneton and Wynaut, But is usually counterproductive outside of these situations. Klinklang makes a good check to Flying-Type such as Swellow as well due to its excellent typing,; [Remove comma / Add semicolen] Rresisting Normal, Flying, and Dark-Type moves. </p>

[Other Options]

<p> Klinklang Doesn't have much it can do outside of Shift Gear. It can use a special boosting set with Charge Beam, but it is badly outclassed in this role. Thunder wave can be used to cripple an opposing pokemon before going down, [add space] but it usually has better things to do,. [Remove comma / Add period] Klinklang can support your team with Trick Room, but it is a bit to fast to abuse Trick Room itself. </p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p> Klinklang is extremly hard to revenge kill after a Shift Gear, But it has its fair share of Checks and Counters. Ferroseed makes an Eexcellent Ccounter to Klinklang, Ttaking anything other than a Hidden power Eextremely well,; [Remove comma / Add semicolen] it doesnt hurt that Iron Barbs does damage for each hit of Gear Grind as well,. aAdd on Life Orb recoil and Klinklang will be down in no time. Magneton can easily take Klinklang on, Trapping and Zapping the machine with a powerful Thunderbolt. Steelix makes Klinklang look like a set of toys as it laughs at anything Klinklang has to throw at it. Bulky Waters, especially Quagsire and Alomomola,[Add comma] can take on Klinklang easily, resisting Gear Grind and being able to take a Return. Entei makes a good check surviving Return and being able to KO with Flare Blitz, But it cannot take repeated Returns. </p>

[Dream World]

<p> Klinklang's Hidden ability is Clear body, this which should be the standard ability on all sets when or if possible. as it Since Clear Body prevents things like iIntimidate from working, this ability is far superior to pPlus and mMinus.</p>
You have a lot of unnecessary capital letters, and a fair amount of punctuation errors. Just be careful on these things in future. :)

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Amateur GP Check!
Blue means add it in
Red means take it out
Green means random comments

You have a lot of unnecessary capital letters, and a fair amount of punctuation errors. Just be careful on these things in future. :)

changes implemented, thank you, i will watch my caps

[Overview]

<p> Klinklang is a very interesting looking Pokemon, both aesthetically and competitively. it has an excellent stat boosting move in the form of Shift Gear, and a powerful signature move in the form of Gear Grind. Klinklang has a niche in its own right, outspeeding the entire tier after just one Shift Gear. Topped off with with excellent stats and typing, Klinklang seems like an excellent pokemon. However, Klinklang has one crippling flaw[delete space] ; it has barely any moves to abuse its stat boosts with, only having access to Return for coverage. Because of this, Klinklang finds it hard to hit the many Water and Steel-Types in the tier. This is Klinklang's Achilles heel when trying to sweep. Despite its flaws, Klinklang will do more than pull its weight with the right support. [delete space]</p>

[SET]
move 4: Substitute / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden power Ground
item: Life orb / Leftovers
evs: 132Hp / 252Atk / 124Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> This is what Klinklang does best. After using its signature move Shift Gear, the listed EV spread allows it to outspeed scarfed base 100's. This makes Klinklang extremely hard to revenge kill. After setting up, Gear Grind becomes especially powerful, 2hkoing most of the RU tier. Watch as the opposing team gets shredded into pieces by your trusty metal monster. If you feel you do not need the speed, you can maximize your HP for more bulk. If you do this make sure to use Leftovers as an item, as Klinklang will appreciate the extra recovery provided. Substitute allows Klinklang to set up Shift Gear more easily if it can pull one off, and works well with Klinklang's bulk and typing. Behind a Substitute Klinklang is even harder to revenge kill and can take priority rather easily. Hidden power Fire and Ground allow Klinklang to deal with opposing Steel-Types more easily. Fire allows you to deal significant damage to Ferroseed, who would wall you otherwise. Hidden power Ground does the same thing for Magneton. If using either Hidden Power, a Naughty nature is preferred.[delete space] </p>

<p> Klinklang likes entry hazards from things such as Qwilfish and Roselia to score KOes more easily, as even after a Shift Gear it may not be able to get past very bulky threats. Other good choices for entry hazards are Omastar and Crustle, who can set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes. After Stealth Rock damage Klinklang 2HKOes two of the most physically bulky pokemon in the tier, Gligar and Tangrowth, with hazard support.[delete space] </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> If Klinklang is not running Hidden Power, it is recommended that you use a pokemon that can easily take down opposing Steel-types for Klinklang. Wynaut, Magneton, and Dugtrio make good choices for this role. Wynaut stands out as it can also help Klinklang set up. Scarf Krookodile makes a good teammate, threatening Steel-types and being able to clean up the mess once the machine accident is over. Volt Switch [lower case C]an also be used to escape From Magneton and Wynaut, But is usually counterproductive outside of these situations. Klinklang breaks the beaks of Flying-Types such as Swellow as well due to its excellent typing [delete space]; resisting the Normal, Flying, and Dark-Type moves they usually carry. [delete space]</p>

[Other Options]

<p> Klinklang [lower case D]oesn't have much it can do outside of Shift Gear. It can use a special boosting set with Charge Beam, but it is badly outclassed in this role. Thunder wave can be used to cripple an opposing pokemon before going down, but it usually has better things to do, Klinklang can support your team with Trick Room, but it is a bit to fast too abuse Trick Room itself. [delete space]</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p> It is easy for Klinklang to steamroll an entire team after setting up, But it still has its fair share of Pokemon that make it break down. Ferroseed is one of those roadblocks that just makes Klinklang crash. Taking anything other than a Hidden power [lower case E]xtremely well[delete space] ; it doesn[add apostraphe]t hurt that Iron Barbs does damage for each hit of Gear Grind as well. Add on Life Orb recoil and Klinklang will be feeling that one in the morning. Magneton appears in Klinklang's nightmares, [lower case T]rapping and [lower case Z]apping the powerful machine with an electrifying Thunderbolt. Steelix makes Klinklang look like a set of toys as it laughs at anything Klinklang has to throw at it. Bulky Waters, especially Quagsire and Alomomola, can take on Klinklang easily, resisting Gear Grind and being able to take a Return as they strike back with moves such as Scald and Waterfall and rust out the poor gears. Entei makes a good check surviving Return and being able to KO with Flare Blitz, But it cannot take repeated Returns to the face, especially with hazards up. [delete space]</p>

[Dream World]

<p> Klinklang's Hidden Ability is Clear Body. This should be used on all sets if or when it is released. It prevents the stat drops induced by Intimidate. In addition, Plus and Minus are absolutely useless on Klinklang, making Clear Body an obvious choice.</p>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)