[Beginner] PMD Mafia - Game Over! D.A.D. and Lady Salamence win!

*hides behind rage-proof barriers*

Point is that this is a beginner game, and everyone learned from this. I learned to count for more invariables then originally expected and always prepare a plot for this. I also learned that even if one member seems to shine out more then everyone else, every person on the team is important, even if they don't feel like it. Nothing like this could have been done without the help of my (perhaps) lovely teammates, and the village(In an ironic way, of course). Every piece, I tried to use to the best I could, but some pieces were hard to fit together.

During the game itself, I tried to teach my teammates some things I was doing, reasons for it, and asking opinions on things that I did every now and then, to see if they could keep up. I'm thankful for the teammates I had, and wouldn't have traded them for anyone, even UncleSam.

The Mysterious Voice was Gardevoir from Rescue Team, talking in everyone's dreams to try and explain what was going on, and warning everyone. The message got clearer as the game went on; check the spreadsheet in the "Plot" section to see what she was trying to say.

Obvious betrayal was obvious. I should know, I'm Psychic. Too bad I got killed N1. I was going to warn y'all how mighty fishy he seemed...

After I died, I figured my death was related to lkk (or possibly Terrador). Namely because I refused to use my N1 action on who he wanted.

Also, I had LKK pegged as mafia from about D1; I DA BEST. Thing is though, I was busy, and my team was really too green and inactive for me to even want to try :(. Plus, Smogon atmosphere of "OH YOU DIDN'T CLAIM TO THE GUY WHO IS ASKING FOR CLAIMS YOU ARE CLEARLY MAFIA" pisses me off to no end. Every time I've played villager, I've been lynched. Nine. Point. Nine.

/me ends rant on how shitty mafia is

I was busy, and my team was really too green and inactive for me to even want to try :(.
Inactivity is lame, but it's a beginner game (sadly, inactivity is rife in them too, but that's not excusable)... I don't know what you expect from a team of beginners. Of course they're going to be inexperienced: they're newbies. Maybe if you are finding newbies below your level of skill and expertise, you should be playing in standard games, not beginner games? ^^;

Problem is the disturbing lack of standard games these days. I'd probably host one but this time of year is brutal on my free time.

I don't like the constant "omg USER just broke this beginners game they are so dumb for signing up" bitching. OK, yeah, so a player with slightly-above-base mafia experience pulls something like this off and tramples over beginners because they're beginners. How are they going to learn to play better if not for people showing them how it's done? Or rather, some basic mafia tactics? I honestly approve of people with some slight experience joining beginners. The "problem" occurs when there are only 1 or 2 of these, when the rest are first-timers (or people that've idled through one or two games), so when they play well they automatically stand out and trample over everyone else. When something like this happens, it only means there were plenty of players with a huge lack of experience. It's not the guy's fault for playing well while 20 other guys didn't play at all.

Inactivity is lame, but it's a beginner game (sadly, inactivity is rife in them too, but that's not excusable)... I don't know what you expect from a team of beginners. Of course they're going to be inexperienced: they're newbies. Maybe if you are finding newbies below your level of skill and expertise, you should be playing in standard games, not beginner games? ^^;
Well, you see, if there were any standard games . . .

Problem is the disturbing lack of standard games these days. I'd probably host one but this time of year is brutal on my free time.

I don't like the constant "omg USER just broke this beginners game they are so dumb for signing up" bitching. OK, yeah, so a player with slightly-above-base mafia experience pulls something like this off and tramples over beginners because they're beginners. How are they going to learn to play better if not for people showing them how it's done? Or rather, some basic mafia tactics? I honestly approve of people with some slight experience joining beginners. The "problem" occurs when there are only 1 or 2 of these, when the rest are first-timers (or people that've idled through one or two games), so when they play well they automatically stand out and trample over everyone else. When something like this happens, it only means there were plenty of players with a huge lack of experience. It's not the guy's fault for playing well while 20 other guys didn't play at all.
It's different when UncleSam joins a beginner to when someone like loudkirbyking (who doesn't have all that much experience, according to him, and for whom it all started to 'click' this game) joins. And if you sign up for a beginner game and complain that the newbies suck too much then it's your own fault for signing up for a game that's beneath your skill level, so... As for the lack of standard games, I can't do anything about that, but if you join a beginner game you have to accept it's, well, a beginner game, and there will be lots of newbies.

Ugh so lkk was evil. that really really sucks but I will give it to him that he played incredibly well.
WAYY to well to be in beginner games from now on. My only questions are 1.where did you get such a good fake role PM and 2.who killed me?

1. Mafia's had safe claims, so he knew Wigglytuff wasn't in the game, and that no villager gained powers over time. The role PM itself was written by lkk, with a little help from me. To any Mafia who asked for it, I pointed out the two biggest problems in their fake, although iirc none of the M.O.M. asked for help.

2. lkk, he was the one who kept torturing people by trapping them in an endless nightmare. 6 kills total, 13 if you count all the lynches he lead, that's more then half the players O_o

ty auramaster so now only thing remains...

LKK!! As I ended up killed by you I must try for vengence for me and all the other inexperienced players that you kinda slaughtered...SO I challenge you to a LC match!

i just realised i never said how much fun it was having lkk fill me in on everything as we went on, and teaching me a load of things about smogon mafia, thanks for the tutoring lkk.

<3

Assuming ASB(As I have no LC team on PO), sure Vix.

Thanks, guys. You were my teammates, and beginners, so I figured I'd try my dang best to help you all out in learning the ropes. It's the best I could do since I kinda left you all behind a bit and took the shining lead-like role... meh. You guys were great partners.

Yes I know I am a little late.

Well even though village lost, I had a ton of fun and am looking forward to future mafia games! Thanks to auramaster and shinyskarmory for hosting.

Posting to say that I have in fact been working on postgame, and that the village section is done. I still have to write about the two mafias and Lady Salamence.

Thank you for your patience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)