Ask a Simple Question Get a Simple Answer - RU Edition

That sounds good.

Personally, I'm leaning towards No Suspects (except for maybe Honchkrow, although he's manageable), which is why I asked in the first place; I don't want such a great tier to be shaken up just yet. The new Pokémon might be a good addition, but there's also the phrase "Never change a running system..." Hm.

Question.

My team is fairly lilligant weak. It is made up of Electabuzz, steelix, charizard, quagsire, scolipede, and marowak (removing marowak for rhydon or magmortar). Is there a good counter to lilligant out there? I want to test altaria and drapion but I just want to know if there are any good lilligant counters.

Second question. Any changes that you think would be good for my team?

Your team looks.. interesting but yeah Rhydon>Marowak, and the only real good Lilligant counter in my opinion is probably max hp, max attack Bouffalant which you could possibly put over... Electabuzz? Idk how effective it is though (your Electabuzz that is) but those are my thoughts...

My electabuzz is the star of my team lol. With eviolite and great speed and special attack, this thing is better than electivire IMO. But you think bouffalant would be a good counter? Just wondering, but what about drapion? It resists gigadrain as well.

EDIT: Getting rid of steelix for either afore metnioned drapion, bouffalant, or altaria. Which one would be the best counter and fit on my team the best?

Drapion sounds okay seeing that it can whirlwind it out and stuff and also has the advantage of absorbing toxic spikes but I prefer Bouffalant because it can absorb sleep powder and it's stab while it can Sub up to get a free hit off or just Megahorn and destroy it ;) But its your call I guess, also you might wanna add a spin blocker on your team like SubSplit Rotom-N It's freaking AWESOME.

Alright, so scratch that electabuzz question. I've changed my team around a bit, and I've put beedrill on my team. The goal is to make a decent team with beedrill on it. So what would be some good team members for him? And what would be the best possible moveset for him?

P.S. Please don't say stuff like: Here's what you should do. Don't use beedrill.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Alright, so scratch that electabuzz question. I've changed my team around a bit, and I've put beedrill on my team. The goal is to make a decent team with beedrill on it. So what would be some good team members for him? And what would be the best possible moveset for him?

P.S. Please don't say stuff like: Here's what you should do. Don't use beedrill.
Here's what you should do. Don't use beedrill.

No seriously he is horrible, but if you really want a CB Set with U-Turn/X-Scissor/Poision Jab/Brick Break is propably the best it can do. You could go with an SD/Agility or double dance set, but he is so horrible frail/weak that getting a set-up turn seems pretty impossible.
For partners Claydol sounds like a good one, removing entry hazards and having decent synergie. Having a good Entei switch-in doesn't hurts either, and everything that likes Tangrowth removed or can set-up in front of one of its many counters will do fine, because he actually doesn't needs much support other than maybe 3 layers of spikes and having everything faster than it removed or paralysed.

Oh he could also pass boosts with BP, but outside of being completly outclassed by tons of other stuff he is also pretty bad at this, because he has 65/40/80 defenses.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Yeah, don't use bad things just because you think you'll be cool using them.

IMO Focus Sash + Toxic Spikes + Endeavor is best it can probably do without crippling the team or just being dead weight. Use it as dedicated lead and you might get an opponent with no Tspike absorbers, so you can get your precious layers up. Outclassed by Qwilfish and Scolipede, but hey, those are two elite RU mons. That's what you get for trying to compete with them. 252/252 Jolly spread with Tspikes, U-turn, Endeavor, and idk Protect? Quick Attack for your gimmicky self if Beedrill even gets it. You'll never sweep with him anyways.

Lol NO I'm not trying to be cool by using beedrill. I'm not the coolest thing around, that's for sure....But I love beedrill a lot and being able to use him on a team would be nice. The CB set sounds interesting. I might try that, although I'm using the toxic spikes set right now.

I am returning back to some of my old RU success teams howeve I found saybeleye was a big part of them? Does any one have any good syableye replacement sets?
I was thinking dusknoir or prankster Murkrow.

In terms of just a spin blocker? I'm loving CM Cofagrigus (probably not spelled right, but you know what I'm talking about)

Can counter Bulk Up Gallade too which is always nice... CM, Rest (Chesto), Energy Ball, Shadow Ball. Max HP, almost max Def, but I put alittle in Sp. Def to take certain hits better.

You get 3/4 CMs in (actually can happen decently often) and you will be ripping through a lot of stuff.

Yes, it is completely shut down by Sap Sipper Normal-types, but the OHKOs on rock-waters, rock-grounds, and Quag is pretty nice.

Bulky Ghost Cof. is pretty good too, only used him a little because I liked the boosting and chesto rest.

Close to Max sp. def with WoW, Shadow ball, Rest, Filler (haze, momento, protect)

But if looking for a prankster substitute more than a spin blocker, I have less advice. Murkrow is probably fine, or just a really fast taunter (maybe scarf) can somewhat fill the role.

lo is countered by the mons honko mentioned, but subroost toxic can cripple all of them very easily on the switch, so i also recommend running cleric support to ensure you're safe against it. lanturn gets heal bell but the other two do not, so just something worth noting.

Hey Smogonites!

Anyway, I just started RU and am researching extensively(lol) about it. And I figured I use my favourite Pokemon(which is pretty viable imo), Zweilous. CB Variant, not the Eviolite.

And I wanna ask, what should I ensure before taking the guy out? What are some of the common teammates of his 2-headed behemoth? Because I just started RU(haven't played it yet but...) and am EXTREMELY lost about what to do and what Pokemon are threatening etc. I read RMTs but did not pick up much. I will appreciate any help given :D

Btw, I am thinking of paralysis support because of Zweilous's undesirable speed and the parahax might give me a second chance if I miss(the only thing that is keeping me away from Zweilous is Hustle and speed so).

It's hard for me (and probably most others) to give very good advice on using Zweilous because I have never used him, and I have only seen him in 3 matches (out of more than 150).

Aside from an extremely powerful (mostly unresisted in RU) Outrage, why should Zweilous be used over Durant?

My general advice when using very powerful, but fairly slow and fairly frail Pokemon, (as you stated) it that you want paralysis support. Possibly dual powder Tangrowth, bulky Thunderwave users, and then throw in a fast physical sweeper. This will allow the fast one to get fast and frail threats and Zweilous can get the slower and bulkier ones. Durant and Zweilous might actually compliment each other well.

Also...
the only thing that is keeping me away from Zweilous is Hustle and speed so
I'm confused. Hustle is his saving grace. Without it, he's probably going to be outclassed in literally every way. Druddigon is a comparison to a non-Hustle Zweilous (which don't exist) and only has slower speed.

Personally, I would scarf Zweilous. Not a whole lot to say about that choice besides it still hits pretty hard and can outspeed + max 110s iirc.

Hey guys, I'm new to RU as I've been just playing NU as of lately. I want to make a team revolving around typhlosion and armaldo. Armaldo is most likely gonna be an SD'er while typhlosion is either specs or scarf, depending on the situation it's in. I need suggestions on what mon would complement them nicely.

PS: No trick room suggestions please. I've tried it once, and I'm not too happy with the results. I'll most likely need a spinner too, which would probably be sandslash? It would be really appreciated if I could get some feedback! Thanks in advance guys!

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
sd armaldo is lacking in power, movepool, and a good typing. it's just not that great. however, it CAN make an effective spinner. you'll need something to take out fire resists and munchlax; medicham and gallade (offensive versions) can put pressure on an opponent's core, qwilfish can switch into most fire and water types and set up spikes/tspikes to wear down switch ins, and rotom-c is a very effective bulky water killer.

Alright then, so still sweeper typhlosion, rapid spin armaldo, and I was thinking maybe putting CB aggron on my team. I would definitely need to get rid of qwilfish, medicham, and gallade. I was thinking maybe having a couple of mons dedicated to paralyzing my opponents team. I just read the above post and Paralyzing a whole entire team is quite annoying. Then aggron and typhlosion don't have to worry about being outsped, armaldo can spin without getting taunted, and the last filler mon could help with a sweep. How does that sound for a team guys?

Rapid spin is an attack so taunting Armaldo doesn't matter in that respect. Typhlosion scarf and specs is a beast. I've used both extensively and even a few lesser known sets. If you are really set on para support I'd go specs cause eruption is seriously brutal damage on that set. Cofagrigus is handy vs Gallade and is a full stop to Medicham. (Need cm chestorest vs gallade to beat sub bulk up) Also for Armaldo, knock off is a useful move in a meta of evolite and scarfs. Use it on the predicted switch to a spin blocker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)