Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenging Engineer Pikachu! Also, the first two other trainers to accept.

Team Triples (3+3+3 vs 3+3+3)
Only NFE mons may apply.
7-day DQ (although ASAP is preferable; we can haggle over this once the thread's up)
2 Recoveries, Infinite Chills
NOTE: I would rather this use training items only.

ARENA: Unown Soup Plus
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismitoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter Unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three Unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an Unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Unown ! and Unown ? are also in the soup.
.*. Unown ! targets a Pokemon, causing it to flinch.
.*. Unown ? targets a used letter, adding it back to the broth for later use; Unown ? does not become an attack.
One of each is present in the broth to begin, and whenever a Pokemon is KOd, they regenerate.

PM me if interested so I can update the list of attendees.

SLOTS:
mewtwo15026
Engineer Pikachu
MrcRanger97
---
---
---
REF: ---

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge!

6v6 Doubles
3 day DQ
2 Rec / 3 Chill
ASB Arena (unless you have something else cooler but not too complex)

I will be using NFEs and fairly new single stage Pokemon. Plan your team accordingly.

Accepting Jas (I'll be using a single stage mon as well)!

Switch=KO
Items=None
Abilites=All

DROPPED

EDIT: Sorry Jaz, but I just realised I don't have enough NFE's!

New challenge which is open to anyone.

3v3 singles
2 day DQ
No recoveries
You can decide chills but I'm deciding switch and it will be switch=OK
Arena: Your choice as well, if my opponent doesn't give then it's the refs choice

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 FE Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: The Dimensional Fissure
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Multiples

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description:

The battle takes place next to a massive fissure. Players need to be careful, as if their Pokemon suffers a Critical Hit, they will be sucked into the fissure & will be considered "Removed from play".
While Removed from play, Then Pokemon will not be able to make any actions, nor they can be attacked. At the end of a round after a Pokemon is removed from play, the fissure will spit out the Pokemon, returning them to the arena, but will take 5 Damage upon return. Only one Pokemon can be Removed from play from either side at a time, & if a player only has one Pokemon & it gets dealt a a Critical Hit, it will not be removed from play.

Summary: Big Fissure, don't get sucked inside.

Anyone?

Accepting Jas (I'll be using a single stage mon as well)!

Switch=KO
Items=None
Abilites=All

DROPPED

EDIT: Sorry Jaz, but I just realised I don't have enough NFE's!

New challenge which is open to anyone.

3v3 singles
2 day DQ
No recoveries
You can decide chills but I'm deciding switch and it will be switch=OK
Arena: Your choice as well, if my opponent doesn't give then it's the refs choice
I'll ref this.
I'm guessing this is FE, so I'll take it. Switch=OK WOO

Infinite recovers/chills
Items off
All abilities

And for the arena, going on a nostalgia trip! *cough*bias*cough*
Arena: Glass Palace

You are cordially invited to one of the most prestigious palaces in the entire world for a Pokemon battle! This rather large glass palace is constructed of - you guessed it - 100% glass! The palace features a grand battle arena comprised of hard, but malleable dirt. The owners of the palace, your hosts, politely warn the battlers to not to use seismic Ground moves or any move involving throwing Rocks, lest the very expensive palace were to break and fall onto everyone! Also, they suggest that there be no Hail or Sandstorms within the building. There are small fountains surrounding the arena, providing a water source for Water Pokemon and water-based attacks, but not enough for a Surf.

SUMMARY: Dig and other Ground moves allowed, EQ / Magnitude / Earth Power is not allowed. No Rock Throw, Rock Slide, or Stone Edge. No Hail or Sandstorm. Constant water source, but no Surf.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 FE Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: The Dimensional Fissure
Field Type: Neutral
Format: Multiples

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description:

The battle takes place next to a massive fissure. Players need to be careful, as if their Pokemon suffers a Critical Hit, they will be sucked into the fissure & will be considered "Removed from play".
While Removed from play, Then Pokemon will not be able to make any actions, nor they can be attacked. At the end of a round after a Pokemon is removed from play, the fissure will spit out the Pokemon, returning them to the arena, but will take 5 Damage upon return. Only one Pokemon can be Removed from play from either side at a time, & if a player only has one Pokemon & it gets dealt a a Critical Hit, it will not be removed from play.

Summary: Big Fissure, don't get sucked inside.

Anyone?
I'll ref Random's battle if someone accepts.
We just need a challenger now!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Reffing Fire Blast and IAR
I'll ref Random's battle if someone accepts.
Too slow!

Anyways, issuing a quick Open Challenge.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Trainers must use 1 NFE & 1 FE
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather inducing moves/abilites bar Sandstorm/Sand Stream/Cloud Nine/Air Lock will fail, No Water Source, No Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 2 Damage, +1 if the Pokemon is weak to Ground, or -1 if the Pokemon resists Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground Type moves used by non-Ground Type Pokemon have a flat 5% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that would benefit from Sandstorm through Typing, Abilities, etc. Will receive the same benefits in a Mudstorm. Mudstorms only last the first three turns of a Sandstorm, after which, it will go back to a regular Sandstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Anyone want to help me see if this thing is "unbroken" yet?

Too slow!

Anyways, issuing a quick Open Challenge.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills

Restrictions: All Weather inducing moves/abilites bar Sandstorm/Sand Stream/Cloud Nine/Air Lock will fail, No Water Source, No Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 2 Damage, +1 if the Pokemon is weak to Ground, or -1 if the Pokemon resists Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground Type moves used by non-Ground Type Pokemon have a flat 5% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that would benefit from Sandstorm through Typing, Abilities, etc. Will receive the same benefits in a Mudstorm. Mudstorms only last the first three turns of a Sandstorm, after which, it will go back to a regular Sandstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Accepting.

Switch = Athenonononodoros
Items = Off
All Abilities

Also, requesting a subref for this battle: Brawl vs. Metal Bagon

I am a glutton for punishment.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/4 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Arena: Smeargle's Studio

Littered with paintings, all moves are allowed because stuff can come out of the paintings because they're magic. The first round, no abilities or items will be active, and moves will do no damage, have no effect, and cost no energy, except for Sketch. Sketch costs no Energy and has -100 priority on Round 1.

C'mon, it's a Smeargle. How hard could it be?

OH ill take that DA, i shoudl have some interesting sketch choices

Items: On (although ill just be using training ones)
Abilities: All
Switch=Terrador

Requesting 2 Open Challenges:

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
No recoveries/chills
Standard ASB Arena

2v2 Doubles
3 Day DQ
3 recoveries/chills
Unown Soup

Both are NFE mons only.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
TAnyways, issuing a quick Open Challenge.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills

Accepting.

Switch = Athenonononodoros
Items = Off
All Abilities
We need a referee for this battle!

I am a glutton for punishment.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/4 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Arena: Smeargle's Studio

Littered with paintings, all moves are allowed because stuff can come out of the paintings because they're magic. The first round, no abilities or items will be active, and moves will do no damage, have no effect, and cost no energy, except for Sketch. Sketch costs no Energy and has -100 priority on Round 1.

C'mon, it's a Smeargle. How hard could it be?
OH ill take that DA, i shoudl have some interesting sketch choices

Items: On (although ill just be using training ones)
Abilities: All
Switch=Terrador
Reffing this. MrcRanger didn't expand on terms so I just took it as Ragnarokalex accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)