Stage One Gym Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules of the ASB Gym League (Mostly Completed): http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3883115&postcount=2

After much discussion, we've come to to our final picks for type candidates:

Fighting: Kaxtar and ToastTyrant13
Fire: MK Ultra and danmantincan
Water: Athenodoros and Darkamber8828
Dark: Korski and DarkSlay
Steel: C$FP and smashlloyd20
Flying: Objection and jas61292

Now, for the three open spots in Stage One, iimk, Athen and myself have decided on Electric, Ground and Poison to be the three wild-cards. The candidates are as follows:

Poison: Engineer Pikachu and Terrador
Ground: Its_A_Random and Deck Knight
Electric: Son of Shadoo and Dogfish44

To all those who did not make it: sorry, and better luck next round. To those lucky 18 who did, please get in contact with your opponent and agree on conditions for your decisive battle. Conditions include Items, Switch, Arena, Battle Size, Battle Style and anything else you can think. However, you must BOTH agree on these conditions; if you find yourselves at an impasse, contact Athen, iiMK of myself to resolve the issue and get the battle started. Once you two have decided everything, then IRC PM one of us and we will find you an able ref for your big battle.

You can post congrats/match results in this thread, as well as general discussion/bitching posts. Good luck with your matches everyone!

smashlloyd20 and I have agreed on these rules for our match:

3v3 Singles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
3 Day DQ
Tournament Arena
Items On
Switch=KO
All Abilities

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congrats on everyone who got in. Me & DK have been exchanging VM's, we've come up with these so far.

4v4 Doubles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=None
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Just waiting on a response for DQ Time, Probably about 3 Days?

Other than that, we're just about ready to begin.

Congrats on everyone who got in. Me & DK have been exchanging VM's, we've come up with these so far.

4v4 Doubles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=None
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Just waiting on a response for DQ Time, Probably about 3 Days?

Other than that, we're just about ready to begin.

I'll ref this PM me your teams when you guys get the DQ decided.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Oh, and Kax forgot to mention, but you do have to use your type in the battle. Just in case we let some idiot in there.

Congrats for everyone who made it! But remember... the fact I didn't got a chance to get a gym for myself will be even more of a reason to ravage yours! :-)

Congrats to everyone who's up for their matches, can't wait to try to join you with the swarm someday (poor, poor Bug gym...)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll ref this PM me your teams when you guys get the DQ decided.
I'd prefer a ref with more experience on this one. Speaking of which, I'm happy to announce our new Gym committee:

Kaxtar
AThenodoros
iiMKUltra

Make sure you get a good lineup of refs for this, heh.

Make sure you get a good lineup of refs for this, heh.
If I'm absolutely required, I guess I'll be on it. However, I am severely behind with the raid work (6 ongoing raids, 2 on queue), so treat me as a last-ditch choice^^ Just wanted to make clear that I'm there if needed, though.

I love how Kax remembers the underscores in IAR's name, but not me T_T I'M NOT SPECIAL ENOUGH!

Dogfish and I are PROBABLY going for:

3v3 Singles
ASB Arena
2 recovers, 5 chills
Switch = OK
Items = Off
All Abilities
3 Day DQ

Just waiting for confirmation.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Don't worry SOS. I'd say about half the time we spent discussing all of this was pointing out errors in usernames made by Kax. And he didn't even get Random's name right anyway.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Me and SoS have decided on conditions.

3 v 3 Singles
3 Day DQ
Arena: ASB Tourney Arena
Switch: On
Items: Off
Recoveries: 2
Chills: 5
Banned Moves: N/A

Son of Shadoo will send out first and order second.

3v3 Singles
Switch=OK
2 Recoveries/4 Chills
ASB Tournament Arena
Items ON
One Ability

Toast and I have agreed on this. Coin Flip to decide who sends in Pokemon first/second.

So does anyone know if/when Stage Two will occur?
Like if some poor sap had half of his gym team built and the other not even purchased, would he be able to finish it in time? This is purely hypothetical, of course. :3

Umm, I'd guess three months at minimum. We need quite a while to perfect the gym system with our nine trial gyms before we take on the task of adding four more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)