[Expert] This Is How We Mafia - Game Overrrrr - Postgame up!

Welcome to the sleepy small town of Duesseldorf. It has everything a Town could want: library, university, restaurants, boulevards, a large diversity of shops, no church and not all that many French people.

So why is it that the town was secretly invaded by these two malicious groups? We're not sure, but they are here. One of these groups is C++, a group of people who believe C++ is the only language that should be spoken world wide. Nobody has managed to tell them that it's a programming language and therefore very unfit for human communication, and I don't think you should try now because they look like they mean business. The other group, ®, have unsuccessfully claimed to have copyrighted, trademarked and ownershipped living in Duesseldorf. With the help of their lawyers, they believe they can put the entire town in jail for one reason or another. There may also be other individuals about with their own goals. I guess you could say they are Neutral. They may or may not be harmless, it is recommended to ask your nearest jackal on how to deal with them.

Unfortunately for these bad guys, the famous group of upstanding citizens called the Merry Men (this is where Robin Hood got his inspiration) has joined the town to get rid of all the scum. They are having some trouble organizing, but when they do manage to do so, they will be formidable. Right now, though, their major problem is that even those who are up to no good have pretended to join their forces. Currently, the list of volunteers for the Merry Men is as follows.

Agape
Altair
Aura Guardian
billymills
Blue Kirby
Blue_Tornado
Crux
dak
Da Letter El
Ditto
Flounder
GoldenKnight
imperfectluck
jumpluff
LightWolf
Nachos
Paperblade
Pidge
Quagsires
RBG
shade
Veedrock
Wild Eep
Yeti
zorbees

That's 25 people, 1 more than expected. Coincidence? You decide!

The Merry Men have decided to use Duesseldorf's convention center as their base, so that's where you will be headed every morning. Within the hallway, a list of rules has been posted to show what a good Merry Man should behave like. Make sure to read them!

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 1, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM the host on IRC for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided the host is there to update). Votes on a user that isn't alive count as No Lynch.

5. If there's a tie, there will be no lynch.

6. The game will start on Night 1. There will be deaths during Night 1.

7. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Mekkah, and no one else.

8. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

9. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

10. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions, unless stated otherwise. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to Mekkah stating "Night/Day X - Give [item] to [user]." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved.

11. There is no "Scavenger" ability. Items held by a player who is killed during the Night are transferred to the killer. Items held by a player who is lynched are transferred to the first person to cast a lynch vote on them.

12. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

13. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal.

To help identify who is a Merry Man and who is not, a template and example of a Merry Man ID have been posted. It's as if no one thought these could be used to help impersonation...

Dear [user],
You are the [something] Man. You are aligned with the Merry Men.

A few lines of sometimes not very inspirational flavor, that include some kind of connection between you and the Merry Men, be it your reason for joining them or simply your kind of contribution to them.

Your Night role. Or maybe your Day role.

Information about any Items you could be holding.

You win if all factions other than the Merry Men are eliminated.

Dear [user],
You are the Hard Working Man. You are aligned with the Merry Men.

You get up every morning at sunrise, quickly make your breakfast, and head to work. Monday 'till Friday, Saturday if you have to. You feel it is your duty to keep the workplace going, even with all the strange things going on lately. You will be working hard for the Merry Men, as well, since their task seems to be mighty important!

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Checking how hard [user1], [user2], and [user3] are working" You will learn how many of them successfully used any Night roles.

You are holding the Crowbar. While holding the Crowbar, you may send a PM entitled "Night X - Breaking open [user]'s door" The next morning, they will be busy reporting an attempted burglary to the police, and as a result have no time to vote.

Keep in mind that some of these may have inconsistencies, errors, typo's, etc. Don't rely on these.

Taking all of this information to heart, you get ready to...well, most of you will probably not sleep. I believe most mafia players sleep during the day more often than during the night cause the latter requires more planning. So have fun with that, and here's to a game that's less terrible than Earthworm!

Role PMs are out. I am still holding my Wi-Fi shop here though. Also the player list.

Alive (1)
Crux

Perished (24)
Aura_Guardian - Convincing Man (Mayor powered by Items) - Merry Men - Eliminated Night 1
Quagsires - eBaying Man (One-Time Superthief) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 1

billymills - Greedy Man (Thief) - Merry Men - Eliminated Night 2
Da Letter El - Backup Man (Backup) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 2

imperfectluck - Careful Man (Anti Team Bodyguard) - C++ - Lynched Day 2

Wild Eep - Protective Man (Bodyguard) - Merry Men - Eliminated Night 3
Flounder - Aiming Man (Vigilante Twin) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 3
Nachos - Creative Man (Thief) - C++ - Shot Night 3

Veedrock - Researching Man (Inspector) - (R) - Lynched Day 3

shade - Firing Man (Vigilante Twin) - Merry Men - Eliminated Night 4
Blue_Tornado - Arguing Man (Mayor Item Holder) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 4

Altair - Cooldown (Hooker) - C++ - Lynched Day 4

dak - Political Man (dude) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 5

Blue Kirby - Reaching Man (Thief) - (R) - Lynched Day 5

Paperblade - Tracking Man (Limited Tracker) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 6

Agape - Curious Man (Inspector) - C++ - Lynched Day 6

zorbees - Investigative Man (Inspector) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 7

jumpluff - Retaliation Man (Martyr) - (R) - Lynched Day 7

Yeti - Womanly Man (Hooker) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 8

RBG - Forgetful Man (Mysterious Ability) - Merry Men - Lynched Day 8

LightWolf - Mimicing Man (Imitator) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 9

Ditto - Hairy Man (Wolf Troll) - Merry Men - Lynched Day 9

Pidge - Explosive Man (Explosive Troll) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 10

GoldenKnight - Heated Man (Caveman Item Holder) - Merry Men - Jailed Night 11

I've made an official channel for this game. Join #warau today to get in on the finest discussion! The mafia are based in #pokemon and #smogon, so if you want to mole them I suggest joining those too.

Anyway, I guess you have until Sunday night to sort your stuff out, so give or take until 53 hours, 35 minutes and 29 seconds from this post.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just so there's no confusion, I am registered as Veedrock on IRC. You won't be talking to an imposter.
You sure? I seem to remember a time talking to you that wasn't you, Or was it someone who wasn't himself appeared to be you upon closer inspection but that was a false lead laid by someone completely different...

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Pretty sure no one is saying anything on n0 because experts realize that saying much on n0 is usually pretty stupid.

That being said, I'd be happy to flavor exchange with people tonight, but I certainly wouldn't do anything more than that.

Night 1 is over.

The sun rises abve Duesseldorf. Everyone is still eating (or pretending to eat) their Bratwurst mit Kartoffeln und Schweinhund. Be careful not to choke on your food when you read that controversial story in the papers about Quagsires having been put in jail for copyright infringment! A spokesman of the DA has released his identification for everyone to read.

Dear Quagsires,
You are the eBaying Man. You are aligned with the Merry Men.

While everyone else is asleep, you are at your computer, ready to snipe with your bid to get that item at the price you wanted it. You know for a fact everyone is jealous of your collection of rarities, even if they don’t admit it.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled “Night X - Sniping [item]” If the item you name is in the game, you will gain possession of it. However, you only have enough money to make one successful bid, so once you have obtained an item you cannot use this ability again.

The paper reports that his computer has been confiscated as well, so there is no way for us to know about his buying history.

Aura_Guardian is reading the news at his computer. Disgusted with this injustice, he shuts down his Firefox...the next thing we know, a large explosion ruins him and his house. Someone must have booby trapped his computer.

Dear Aura_Guardian,
You are the Convincing Man. You are aligned with the Merry Men.

You are the voice of reason among the cacophony that is the Merry Men congregation. When you speak, everybody is willing to listen to your input. Of course, a voice of reason is nothing without good arguments. Thankfully, you happen to carry one around!

You are holding a Very Convincing Argument. It reads: 2 ,,do you want me to repeat it?this is treath’’. This Very Convincing Argument is an Item, and can be stolen, given away or lost through other means.

There are other Very Convincing Arguments in the game. For every Convincing Argument you get your hands on, your vote is worth 1 more! This means that currently, your vote is worth 2.

How will the Merry Men cope with these losses? There's only one way to find out!

Day 1 will last around 48 hours. Deadline is Tuesday, around 10:00 PM GMT+1. Results are out now.

You picked the wrong guy for scare tactics. Half the player list might crack under the pressure and throw out their role PM just like that but I won't. Why should I; I mean, who are you?

Why should I or anybody else follow you, let alone claim to you? All you've done is make a few smart remarks in this thread, hardly a reason to think of you as the leader. You're a joker, you've got nothing backing you and you've got nothing on me; all you have are scare tactics which don't fly with me.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
you were idling on irc in 0 channels when I messaged you on Friday. You immediately replied and appeared flustered, saying that you were sleeping and then claiming that i did not wake you up. You then immediately logged off of irc.

Can you confirm that this happened y/n.

Considering no one else is doing much of anything, a lynch on you is a good place to start.

also fuk veed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)