Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Method 1, no birds have ever been released, no roamers roaming.

Edit: I'm going to try for the other birds first. See if that does something different.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
its there a guide on how to do wonder cards on HGSS? I have been looking everywhere but have not found anything. D:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's Method 1 but the natures are determined by other means that aren't controllable. One of the shops have no moving NPCs so that makes it really easy.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I read somewhere that you need to add 2 to the actual frame. So if I'm going for a pokemon on frame 31, does that means I actually have to advance the frames to 33? Just making sure.

I read somewhere that you need to add 2 to the actual frame. So if I'm going for a pokemon on frame 31, does that means I actually have to advance the frames to 33? Just making sure.
You can generate the seed using Wondercard IV instead of M1, it'll do the +2 frame adjustment automatically. What you said above is correct, though.

Lemme just double check this before I do them. The starting frames for all the kanto starters are 1, yeah?
According to this post, the frames are similar to Johto starters.

Charmander is 1, Squirtle is 5, and Bulbasaur is 9 (That's the order they're in on the table). I would assume it's the same for Hoenn starters. I'll test it once I get through my HG or SS carts :P

Edit: Thanks to everyone who helped out with my starter issues, I finally got my shiny Piplup starter! :D

Yeah, I decided to test myself on it (for whatever reason the wifi won't connect to bootcamp on my mac). Got it done and have me a Bold Squirtle :)

Congrats on your piplup too, I was very happy for you when I saw it :D

According to this post, the frames are similar to Johto starters.

Charmander is 1, Squirtle is 5, and Bulbasaur is 9 (That's the order they're in on the table). I would assume it's the same for Hoenn starters. I'll test it once I get through my HG or SS carts :P
If I can recall, for hoenn they all start a 5 but I never rng them myself (I never really wanted to).
There maybe a post about it in previous Rng Help threads, if it still exist

Edit: look like it vice versa

link1
link2

If I can recall, for hoenn they all start a 5 but I never rng them myself (I never really wanted to).
There maybe a post about it in previous Rng Help threads, if it still exist

Edit: look like it vice versa

link1
link2
Oh, so all of the Kanto starters are on frame 5 and all of the Hoenn starters are on frame 1? Thanks for the info. The first page should be updated :P

Im trying to abuse my ID in SS but I dont know how to hit the right delay. Do I (Im using pikatimer) just put in the difference that I need to get the right delay in the "Other Delay" and hit Update?

Im trying to abuse my ID in SS but I dont know how to hit the right delay. Do I (Im using pikatimer) just put in the difference that I need to get the right delay in the "Other Delay" and hit Update?
Use Eon Timer, it's better! You might have to change some of the settings to match your preferences, but Eon Timer is much more accurate than PikaTimer Imo.

And, I thought you already knew how to hit a delay. Don't you have some Gen. 4 RNGs of your own? :P

Use Eon Timer, it's better! You might have to change some of the settings to match your preferences, but Eon Timer is much more accurate than PikaTimer Imo.

And, I thought you already knew how to hit a delay. Don't you have some Gen. 4 RNGs of your own? :P
Ya, I know how to... On an emulator :P Not sure if it's any different on a retail :( I will VM you, hopefully it's not too hard D: lol

Ok :) I will try it out next time I have a go for it ;)

PID: C1677E3A (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31, seed: F30004C2, delay: 1207 (year: 2011), method 1: 31, K (synch): 14, K (no synch): None, HP: Electric 70.

Okay so I have this seed that I wanna hit for my Lugia. What method do I use and I am still clueless about 4th Gen RNG. Honestly it'd be nice if someone here could just VM with me back and forth so I know what to do. I have watched videos but get lost a lot. :/ Thanks for any help in advance.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
PID: C1677E3A (Timid, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31, seed: F30004C2, delay: 1207 (year: 2011), method 1: 31, K (synch): 14, K (no synch): None, HP: Electric 70.

Okay so I have this seed that I wanna hit for my Lugia. What method do I use and I am still clueless about 4th Gen RNG. Honestly it'd be nice if someone here could just VM with me back and forth so I know what to do. I have watched videos but get lost a lot. :/ Thanks for any help in advance.
Use Method K for Lugia (and for all stationaries / wild pokes).
Method 1 is for roamers and gift pokes, and starters.
Method K (no synch) is if your lead poke is not having that synchronize ability.

I hope this helps, even a little ^^

Alright thanks for that info. :) So with method K I have to make the calls but with Lugia I have to call outside of the cave? Also I can call Juggler Irwin right?

So with method K I have to make the calls but with Lugia I have to call outside of the cave? Also I can call Juggler Irwin right?
Yep, save one step outside of the cave. Then hit your delay, confirm your seed (By making calls), and advance to your target frame (Also by making calls; each call advances by 1 and calling Youngster Joey advances by 2). Then go to Lugia and battle it! Also, note that for most people doing stationary pokemon, talking to the pokemon will advance the frame by 1, so try advancing to the frame right before your target frame.

And, yes, you can call Irwin! I hope everything in the above paragraph made sense :3

Yep, save one step outside of the cave. Then hit your delay, confirm your seed (By making calls), and advance to your target frame (Also by making calls; each call advances by 1 and calling Youngster Joey advances by 2). Then go to Lugia and battle it! Also, note that for most people doing stationary pokemon, talking to the pokemon will advance the frame by 1, so try advancing to the frame right before your target frame.

And, yes, you can call Irwin! I hope everything in the above paragraph made sense :3
Alright that makes sense. But doesn't walking and turning advance the frame? So my frame should be relatively high right?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not in the area Lugia is in. You may trip the 128 step counter as it doesn't reset when the game loads however.

Okay. Does anyone know how many steps it takes it get to Lugia? so the whole cave steps don't count? Lol or the little room lugia is in doesn't count. And also does the Kimono girls dance advance anything?

Okay. Does anyone know how many steps it takes it get to Lugia? so the whole cave steps don't count? Lol or the little room lugia is in doesn't count. And also does the Kimono girls dance advance anything?
They advance only if you go 128 steps or more.
No, they don't advance anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)