Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Toftferngatr, but we still need a ref and an arena (I said that the Challenger Selects the arena)
Arena: The Infinite Featureless Plane of Death

...It's infinite and featureless, barring the desk where the Head Death sits. He's agreed to let you battle here (somehow you can still faint on the plane,) and somehow he's agreed to let you get out of here scot-free.

Oh, and if you use a 25 BP or higher attack, a hole will open where you can hop into the boat of Charon the Ferryman.

Now we just need a ref.

Issuing an open challenge.

3v3 Singles (Bring four mons, leave one unused)
Middlemons, please. I'm bringing a single-stage, a mid-stage, and two unevolved, so take that how you will.

3 Day DQ.
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills.
Arena: Abandoned Mausoleum
I'll take the above! I'm waiting on approval over in the prize-claiming thread, then I'll PM teams.

Switch=KO
Items=Just for counter-boosting ones.
Abilities=One
I got approval in the prize-claiming thread, so I'm all ready to go.
Ref, anyone? (NJ and I also need a ref from the last page)

Okay then, issuing my previous challenge again!

3v3 Rotation Battle
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 chills
Mid-Stage mons only
And now in my new and improved Normal Gym!

Virtual Arena.

Flavor:
Hidden in Opelucid City in the Unova region, there lies an old gym that was once used for Rotation Battles, but was left abandoned after some people were hurt in the gym. Maxim has renovated (and improved the safety features of) this gym, and now serves as his (possible and unlikely) gym arena. The gym puzzle generally involves two types of rotating platforms, long sword platforms that connect one place to the next, and circular shield platforms that connect to four places. Every time one platform is rotated, all the others rotate as well. The trick of the gym is to get rotate the shield platforms in such a manner that the sword platforms lead you to the gym stadium.

Arena:
At the end of the gym is a square arena about 100 meters in length with two big circular platforms in the middle. The arena is purpose built for rotation battles, but can be used for other battles sparingly. This arena has a moat for water types to swim in and for surf, but they cannot attack unless they are in the front position or else they're disqualified. Also, the water is not deep enough to Dive in, and Digging will damage the machinery under the arena. All Normal types are reinforced here, and receive the Sturdy trait (How the arena does this is a trade secret). The arena is also put under constant increased gravity, which cannot be dispelled even by the move Gravity.

Summary: No Digging or Diving, Constant Gravity effect, Normal types get sturdy trait.
Last call for this match...come on it's been like 5 pages...

Now that I've freed up some battle slots, let's get another monstrous match underway! (I'm recycling an unused arena of mine. Hopefully this gets accepted this time.)

Open Challenge
6 vs 6 NFE Singles
2-Day Player DQ / 4-Day Ref DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills (you probably won't need them)
Arena: Hoenn Battle Arena
[Copied from Bulbapedia, with a few adjustments]
The Battle Arena pits two Pokémon against one another for three rounds. If both Pokémon last all three rounds, they are rated on how they battled in three aspects, and the Pokémon with the higher score wins, and the losing Pokémon leaves battle. If they somehow tie, both Pokémon leave battle, each receiving a KOC. A knockout results in an automatic win for the Pokémon that is still standing. Pokémon are scored on their mind, skill, and body. The Pokémon with the better rating in each category scores two points, while a tie will award one point to each Pokémon.

Mind
judges Pokémon on their offensive style. One point is awarded if an attack that deals damage is chosen for use (except Counter, Mirror Coat, and Bide, which do not award points, and Fake Out, which deducts one point), and one point is deducted if Protect, Detect, or Endure was chosen. All other moves do not award points. The Pokémon with the higher number of points wins the two points in the overall judgment.

Skill judges Pokémon on accuracy. One point is awarded if an attack lands successfully, while two points are deducted if it does not, unless it was caused by Protect, Detect, Endure, or Fake Out, in which no points are deducted. The Pokémon with the higher number of points wins the two points in the overall judgment.

Body judges the amount of HP and energy remaining at the end of the third round compared to their amount at the start of the first. The Pokémon with the better ratio wins the two points in the overall judgment. [Calculated as: (Current HP + Current Energy) / (Starting HP + Starting Energy)]

Due to the fact that it's in-game, all types of moves are allowed and no bonuses will be awarded based on arena effects. The arena may not be used as part of any attack; all events will be conducted normally. Once a round is finished, whether by KO or judging, the winning Pokemon will be returned to its Trainer's Poke Ball with its current HP and Energy intact. (The losing Pokemon, obviously, can no longer battle.) Once all six Pokemon from each side have battled, Trainers will continue to send out Pokemon to battle until one side runs out of Pokemon. (Example: Trainer A owns Pokemon B, C, D, E, F, and G. Trainer H owns Pokemon I, J, K, L, M, and N. In battle, B>I, J>C, D>K, E>L, M>F, and G>N. They send out their Pokemon again: B>M, J>D, J>E, G>J. Trainer A wins 2-0.)

I would prefer Items=Off, but that's up to you. Switch=KO is kind of necessary for this to work, though, so please pick that if you accept.

Dummy, its on!

Not sure if my suicidal battle strategy will fare well in this arena, but I might as well try it out.

Switch=KO
Items=Counter-gaining only
All abilities

Ref my singles and I will ref yours.

While I anxiously await a ref for my match 4 posts up, I'm going to issue another open challenge. (I'm really bored. Sue me.)

6 vs 6 NFE/Single-Stage-No-Evo Triples
2-Day Player DQ / 3-Day Ref DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Arena: Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
That's right, the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota. It's a giant ball of twine, and the Pokemon fight on the inside. Unfortunately, twine is very entangling, so any Pokemon with Size Class >2 will have a flat 10% decrease in Evasion and Speed, while any Pokemon with Size Class 1 will have a flat 10% increase in Evasion and Speed. (Size Class 2 Pokemon are neutral.) Additionally, there are no flat surfaces on which to Dig, Earthquake, or the like, and it is impossible to fly out of the twine. There are no external water sources, either, but there is enough grass outside to make use of Grass moves not named Grass Knot. Be careful, though; the security guards don't know the Pokemon are there! If 3 sharp attacks (ref's discretion) miss, the twine ball will fall apart and Security will arrive! The arena will then be a makeshift (but structurally secure) pagoda, with the only banned moves being external water-based moves, Bounce, and Fly. All the twine ball Evasion/Speed boosts will be nullified, and 3 Security Guards will show up (125 HP / 5 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD). The guards all know Rapidfire, which is a 5 BAP per hit (2-5 times) Steel-type move with 45% Accuracy. Each guard will randomly target a Pokemon at the end of every round. KOing a Guard earns an additional KOC.

ASM Mossdeep Promotional Matches Three and Four:
6 vs 6 singles Strongmons (1) 2 vs 2 doubles Strongmons (2)
60 hour DQ all
Infinite recoveries/chills
Items=on
Switch=OK
All abilities

I'm sorry about selecting everything, but this is an ASM promotion match, so it follows ASM rules.

Now as for what it is, it is a match in a location from Mossdeep against me. The victor and ref, if they don't get DQ'd, get ensured entrance into ASM G0 when it starts (admittedly it'll be awhile). But enough of that, now to the arenas.

ASM Promotion 3 Arena:
The battle is underwater, in a cavern half-filled with the hold of a ship. This hold just happens to be filled with gold and silver spilling out everywhere. However, I did mention it's underwater, right? For the purposes of the battle, all Pokemon can breathe underwater. Additionally, the match is treated as permanent rain existing, with rain abilities activating, water attacks getting a +3 BP boost, and fire attacks will fail. Sorry, just that change to rain. Furthermore, Dive won't be evasive, Fly, Bounce, and Sky Drop will fail, and Dig users can be hit by Surf. I think that's it...

ASM Promotion Arena Four:

The arena is a huge ice filled cavern, with icy floors and a very cold atmosphere. The extreme cold will give any non fire or ice type a 10% chance of being unable to move during a round due to the intense cold shutting down some of their body systems. Only hail can be summoned in the arena, and the ice can not be melted. The slickness of it will give all -speed Pokemon trouble, reducing their accuracy by 15%. All +speed Pokemon will be able to handle the situation well, and will gain +15% evasion.

It should also be noted that a pool of freezing water exists at the back. Surf used from this pool will have a 30% Freeze chance, and no non-ice type should dare enter it or suffer substantial (15) damage before it can get out (takes an action). The cavern cieling is too low to use Fly, Bounce, or Sky Drop, and only ice-types can use Them.

Match three still needs a participant.

First-timer here. Let's see if I can get something going.

OPEN CHALLENGE
3v3
Beginner Battle Singles
DQ Time: 5 Days
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Pokemon Stadium - A basic arena with no gimmicks or surprises.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Darkamber said:
Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/4 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round

Arena: Smeargle's Studio

Littered with paintings, all moves are allowed because stuff can come out of the paintings because they're magic. The first round, no abilities or items will be active, and moves will do no damage, have no effect, and cost no energy, except for Sketch. Sketch costs no Energy and has -100 priority on Round 1.
And I'd appreciate it if training items at least could be on.

Need counters... Must fight...
Open challenge hurrdurr.
1v1 Singles
Training battle for strongmons
3 day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 chills
Arena: Russian Roulette

In this dark bar, you square off with your opponent in pokemon and Russian Roulette. For some reason the sink is running, so you can use that for water. No grass, and seismic activity would cause the rest of the building to fall down on you, so that's disallowed.

At the end of every turn, the ref will roll two 6-sided die, one for each player. if the number hits 6, that player's pokemon will take 25 damage (flat).
Also accepting NJ's battle.

Switch=Don't be ridiculous
Items=Only counter-producing ones
Abilities=One

Ref, anyone?
Still need a ref for this one, i designed it to run fairly quickly, so hopefully the battle won't be too long.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rediamond: I didn't know it was a BT thing and no longer give a crap, someone else can accept it.

Also ref my 6v6 singles someone pleeeeeeeease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)