Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Quick one. In Platinum, do all roamers and stationary pokemon respawn or allow re-release after KO'ed if you beat the Elite Four, or just the birds?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Wth, I'm trying to hit my delay, I have the Date and Time set correctly and I set the Timer and Clock at the exact same time(Roughly), but I'm getting results(Coin Flips) that I can't even find matches for :/

I've hit this seed before many times. Does anyone know what else I'm missing? I'm sure it's stupid.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Wth, I'm trying to hit my delay, I have the Date and Time set correctly and I set the Timer and Clock at the exact same time(Roughly), but I'm getting results(Coin Flips) that I can't even find matches for :/

I've hit this seed before many times. Does anyone know what else I'm missing? I'm sure it's stupid.
I'd double check. And are you only searchin odd/even delay? Try searching both.

Oh okay so it's the IV frame so to speak?
There is no "IV frame" like there is in Gen 5.
In generation 4, all natures and IVs are tied to each other. The PID and IVs are locked together. The nature can not change for that IV spread, unless if you do shiny chained theoretical. Which is not what method Lugia is under.

Breeding has the separated PID from IVs, but once again. Not Lugia's method.

Inside Lugia's chamber, nothing advances your frame but your movements and/or talking to your walking Pokemon.

does sandstorm in DPPt advance frames? If yes how many per second? How can I get rid of it on route 228? thanks in advance :)

Quick one. In Platinum, do all roamers and stationary pokemon respawn or allow re-release after KO'ed (or ran from) if you beat the Elite Four, or just the birds?
Nobody knows? The reason I ask is that I need to calibrate (to catch Azelf, Uxie, and Rotom) and I can't get to areas with lv 50 pokemon because I don't have the national dex yet, which is what I'm also trying to get.

Unless, of course, the grass patches in Sunnyshore City would yield mons at a high enough level. . .

Nobody knows? The reason I ask is that I need to calibrate (to catch Azelf, Uxie, and Rotom) and I can't get to areas with lv 50 pokemon because I don't have the national dex yet, which is what I'm also trying to get.

Unless, of course, the grass patches in Sunnyshore City would yield mons at a high enough level. . .
You don't really need to calibrate. Just download Eon Timer and use the default calib. delay and second, and update it with a delay you hit. It calibrates for you :)

Hi everyone.
I been trying to RNG lately but I don't seem to be able to...
I hit a really far away sec I don't seem to know why.
For example, I want to hit sec 59 but in the results it shows I hit sec 7 or something farther.
I been wondering if DSs have any effect on RNG since well I started to have this problem when I bought my new DS.
Anyone please help, Thanks.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hi everyone.
For example, I want to hit sec 59 but in the results it shows I hit sec 7 or something farther.
I been wondering if DSs have any effect on RNG since well I started to have this problem when I bought my new DS.
Did you calibrate?

Hi everyone.
What timer are you using?

Did you calibrate?
Calibration is pointless.

What timer are you using?
I used eon timer first but didn't worked, then I tried pikatimer and nothing, I got the same bad results. Weird thing is that I've RNGed before and I never got this issue before.
Maybe I should try elm loop to see what I get.

~Thanks for the replies guys.

I used eon timer first but didn't worked, then I tried pikatimer and nothing, I got the same bad results. Weird thing is that I've RNGed before and I never got this issue before.
Maybe I should try elm loop to see what I get.

~Thanks for the replies guys.
Try reducing the "Calibrated second" slot by however many seconds over you got.

can somebody fill me in on the details on the starting monster frames of charmander, squirtle in hgss starter rng, and on sudowoodo, togepi and red gyarados? and if so, how do i rng specifically for the red gyarados?

can somebody fill me in on the details on the starting monster frames of charmander, squirtle in hgss starter rng, and on sudowoodo, togepi and red gyarados? and if so, how do i rng specifically for the red gyarados?
For the Kanto starter's in HGSS, they are method 1 and have similar monster frames to the Johto starters. They're frames are:

Charmander - 1
Squirtle - 5
Bulbasaur - 9

That's the order they are on the table (Right?). Now, I haven't tested this and I'm not 100% sure but that's what I think is right from other user's posts.

Sudowoodo is just like any other stationary pokemon. Idk about Elm's Togepi but I'm guessing it's Method 1 and it's monster frame is 1. I'm guessing :P

Gyarados' monster frame is 1 in most cases but Iirc there are NPCs. It might be higher than 1.

As for how you RNG it, it's very similar to stationary pokemon except it's Chained Shiny Theoretical. What you do to find a seed for it is search for a seed with the IV spread you want but also search for any nature because with Chained Shiny Theoretical, the natures are determined by your ID/SID. So once you find a bunch of seeds with your target IVs, paste them into RNG Reporter, change the method to the Chained Shiny Theoretical, enter your ID/SID, and look through the frames until you find the one with your target IVs. Check the nature. If it's not the nature you want, paste a different seed you found and repeat the process. Once you find a seed with the nature you want, just RNG Gyarados like you would any other stationary!

For the Kanto starter's in HGSS, they are method 1 and have similar monster frames to the Johto starters. They're frames are:

Charmander - 1
Squirtle - 5
Bulbasaur - 9

That's the order they are on the table (Right?). Now, I haven't tested this and I'm not 100% sure but that's what I think is right from other user's posts.

Sudowoodo is just like any other stationary pokemon. Idk about Elm's Togepi but I'm guessing it's Method 1 and it's monster frame is 1. I'm guessing :P

Gyarados' monster frame is 1 in most cases but Iirc there are NPCs. It might be higher than 1.

As for how you RNG it, it's very similar to stationary pokemon except it's Chained Shiny Theoretical. What you do to find a seed for it is search for a seed with the IV spread you want but also search for any nature because with Chained Shiny Theoretical, the natures are determined by your ID/SID. So once you find a bunch of seeds with your target IVs, paste them into RNG Reporter, change the method to the Chained Shiny Theoretical, enter your ID/SID, and look through the frames until you find the one with your target IVs. Check the nature. If it's not the nature you want, paste a different seed you found and repeat the process. Once you find a seed with the nature you want, just RNG Gyarados like you would any other stationary!
thanks princess! im thinking gyarados, togepi and the starters would take time because of things like rain,npcs. :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)