Fixing the scripts (by stealing from PO?)

As some of you may know, we've been having some issues with the scripts on our PO server. Namely, the Drizzle+SwSw ban is inconsistently enforced and the scripts that are supposed to blanket-ban Moody and ban Drought in UU and below do not work (for these latter two, I've implemented a workaround that involves making Moody an "unreleased DW ability"--sucks for DW players and Drought unreleased on Vulpix.

Now, SmashPass has been voted banned from RU (and below), and the ban is going to need to be implemented.

So how are we gonna fix the scripts and implement a SmashPass ban?

I *hope*, by stealing from PO.

Here is a link to our scripts: https://github.com/sarenji/poserver/blob/master/scripts.js

Here is a link to PO's "scripts" forum: http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/forumdisplay.php?13-Scripts

The OP in the "current scripts" thread was last updated in March, so I'm not sure how useful it is.

Basically, this is how this is gonna work: propose a revised script or a new script altogether by posting it here. When I get back from vacation (on 11/26), I will implement the revised scripts on a "testing" server, and we'll see what works and what doesn't. Then, anything that works, we implement on the main Smogon PO server. This ensures a minimum of downtime of the Smogon PO server and the fewest possible interruptions.

Oh, finally, if you want to propose a skarmpiss-blocking script, be my guest.

Alright, so this is perfect timing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Eos
Hey BK! I just sent this to Aldaron yesterday in hope of him responding asap, but he didn't, so I thought I'd send this to you even though you're taking a little break. At the very least, do you think you could talk it over with the right people? Thanks in advance for looking over the following message. :)

Hey Aldaron, we (meaning the server mods and I) have been talking today about reducing the character length per post since skarmpiss and other trolls take advantage of having the ability to say something that can take up the entire chat. I was talking with IFM and he said that PO uses this to control these messages and it seems to me like a great idea.

Or maybe a secret mute kind of thing? Personally I think it might work, and it would be better than nothing for sure, but the character restriction would be better. Unless I'm missing something, do you think you could implement this/these?

If you could, that would be really helpful. :)

BK's response:

Seems like a good idea to me. Incidentally, Antar just posted this thread, and I'm sure he'd love to hear about your idea.

Thanks for the message. :)

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just going to say this, but sarenji stole the drizzle swim script from po already and that has been failing.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
http://pokemon-online.eu/scripts.js

Those should be up to date as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately all the scripters are offline at the moment so I can't get a 100% confirmation, but things added as recently as today are in it so it should be correct. If you need anything specific that isn't in there I can most likely get it.

Yeah confirming with prem. The PO script is failing since I already have 2 reports of Swift Swim and Drizzle today.

Hey Aldaron, we (meaning the server mods and I) have been talking today about reducing the character length per post since skarmpiss and other trolls take advantage of having the ability to say something that can take up the entire chat. I was talking with IFM and he said that PO uses this to control these messages and it seems to me like a great idea.
I like it, as long as it has the approval of the Smogon PO mods. I think we should decide on what the limit should be, though. 250 seems a bit long to me.

This would block Skarmpiss from going by the name Skarmpiss (already done through a ban), but Skarmpiss has built himself a custom client that reports a different IP address every time he logs in (or so he claims), so banning the IP addresses would be pointless.

just going to say this, but sarenji stole the drizzle swim script from po already and that has been failing.
Yeah confirming with prem. The PO script is failing since I already have 2 reports of Swift Swim and Drizzle today.
Drizzle+SwSw used to work, back before I upgraded the server to 1.0.30, didn't it? So he probably stole the script from when PO was running 1.0.23. Hopefully, the PO people have come up with a new script since.

http://pokemon-online.eu/scripts.js

Those should be up to date as far as I can tell.
You rock!

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
no the scripts have always been failing ever since we moved from dusk to bk's server

To expand on that "if there are x amount of characters ban the guy thing", how about instead of banning, you just make the text invisible to everyone except for the guy who is typing it (maybe except for mods). Instead of banning him, for which he probably has a script that executes another login from a different ip address, why not just let him have his fun and make obnoxious posts without knowing that nobody can see them?

prem

failed abortion
To expand on that "if there are x amount of characters ban the guy thing", how about instead of banning, you just make the text invisible to everyone except for the guy who is typing it (maybe except for mods). Instead of banning him, for which he probably has a script that executes another login from a different ip address, why not just let him have his fun and make obnoxious posts without knowing that nobody can see them?
thats actually how po deals with skarmpiss. it invisible mutes it so only he can see it while in the staff channel they get a message saying _________ is spamming. so they can have moderative action

because he knows people respond when he does it
That's true, but he would have a tough time making an autologin script if he doesn't know when the blind mute kicks in. It could be executed by a combination of post length/posts per second or just lines per second so he would have a hard time flooding the chat before he is muted.

thats actually how po deals with skarmpiss. it invisible mutes it so only he can see it while in the staff channel they get a message saying _________ is spamming. so they can have moderative action
some smart peeps over there at PO

Rather, because their code is open source, which means it is free to use and not stealing at all. It exists to be used as a point of reference, or even directly, by other servers.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That's true, but he would have a tough time making an autologin script if he doesn't know when the blind mute kicks in. It could be executed by a combination of post length/posts per second or just lines per second so he would have a hard time flooding the chat before he is muted.
To be fair, he tends to spam his message until the chat gets locked, maybe we could use an edit of that code where he sees (moderator that is online) locked the chat. Also, I haven't seen him use his "official" log recently, but I have seen many people claim to be him. How hard is it to evade P.O.'s defenses? If you look at my sig, the dude clearly manages to evade the ban, but I'm not quite sure it was him.

I was really hoping the focus of this thread could be fixing the tiering scripts and implementing the new SmashPass ban.

::sigh::

If I wanted that to be the goal, I really should never have mentioned Skarmpiss...

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there perhaps a way to ban every user with both "Skarm" and "Piss" in their names? I think the reason Skarmpiss keeps spamming over and over again is because everybody knows its him. If a script could be made to make that name unavailable, it would certainly ruin Skarmpiss' fun if not stop his spamming. The again, Skarmpiss could make a name like Sk4rmpi$$ or something, so its probably futile. Still worth a shot though.

New World Order, in order for that to even work, the scripts need to match strings or patterns (regular expressions). As far as I know, JavaScript (the language the scripts are based on IIRC) doesn't support regular expressions.

Scripts are not "pour in your random idea here", you know.

As far as I know, JavaScript (the language the scripts are based on IIRC) doesn't support regular expressions.
Pretty sure JavaScript *does* support regex. Even if it doesn't, there's always a way to hard-code that stuff in.

I think the reason Skarmpiss keeps spamming over and over again is because everybody knows its him.
I've seen plenty of instances where he's spammed using a username in no way related to "skarmpiss" (everyone knows it's him not from his name but from what he spams).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)