GTS Cloning Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: So people have kinda got this working can someone post a better way to do this than that gfaqs quote that's there now?

Please lock/tdc this if it's been verified and debunked/been found and is old news

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=35071623

Leo said:
1. put something with anything attached into the GTS, make your offer ridiculous (Lv9- dialga).
2. Count the number of turns of the clock you see in the bottom-right corner it takes for your game to say "_____ will be put up for trade"
3. Take it back out. REMEMBER the exact turns and where it stopped.
4. Put it back in, and two movements before what it took last time for the pokemon to be transferred to GTS, shut it off.
5. Check the box where you chose the pokemon for trade. It should still be there, BUT there is also the clone which is 'still up for trade'
that clear?

Oh yeah I heard of that.

I heard it acually works. I'm not trying it until someone else does, because i'm not risking shit.

You go first Gormenghast.

It'd be cool if it were real, but I'm not to keen on turning off the power when it is saving or whatnot. Nor do I want to accidentally corrupt my data.

What's been said is that the corrupt data happens anyways and all that happens is it loads the old save file, and either it has the clone, or doesn't.

This is stupid to even discuss before this is confirmed (and I believe there are safe ways to test it, known by Surgo among others) but it looks like another partial save error, except much more sketchy than emerald.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is actually fairly well-known, or at least something very similar to it that also abuses the GTS. You need to have exact timing, though, and it's very slow. Expect something like 1% of the efficiency of Emerald cloning, if that. I wouldn't even bother for that very reason.

Sounds eerily similar to Colosseum cloning.

EDIT: From my experience with Colosseum, the timing seems random - I've managed success from 6 seconds to 8 seconds. Not sure if it'll be the same with the GTS trick though.

apparently 7.3~7.5~8. read the thread

it's sketchy. I'm pretty sure the devs made sure it wouldn't mess up your data, but the chance of cloning itself is eh.

DUDE I FUCKING DID IT. It is in fact possible. However, it is extremely hard to get the timing because the time it takes for the pokemon to upload to the GTS varies...>_>

I'm trying to clone an awesome IVed azelf now...

DUDE I FUCKING DID IT. It is in fact possible. However, it is extremely hard to get the timing because the time it takes for the pokemon to upload to the GTS varies...>_>

I'm trying to clone an awesome IVed azelf now...
Does the glitch do anything negative to your game file?

I would think the main use of this will be to harvest a few extra Stealth Rock TMs and other items that you can't clone on Emerald (you just need to make a new one every time you want to use one so you never run out). This will also let us share 4th gen event Pokemon, good native DP Dittos, and that sort of thing, but if the time factor is considerable, that might really slow the whole affair down and limit this sort of sharing to sharing with people you know well enough that you're willing to do them favors. I bet it's still much faster than beating Ranger though, and it drastically improves my odds of ever having a legitimate Manafi.

I have Diamond and Pearl, I'd rather just restart one of them and get another set of TMs and legendaries, rather than risk this stuff on the GTS.

actually there's a better item cloning glitch. it involved doing a double battle with a theif user and a ditto or something i don't remember the specifics. but you theif your partner after they've transformed or something and you keep both items, no risks. granted it does take a bit and you have to charge up teh vs seeker everytime, but i think for TMs it's pretty sweet.

Sounds eerily similar to Colosseum cloning.

EDIT: From my experience with Colosseum, the timing seems random - I've managed success from 6 seconds to 8 seconds. Not sure if it'll be the same with the GTS trick though.
Colosseum cloning? How is it done?

(Asking because I have Colosseum and no Emerald)

actually there's a better item cloning glitch. it involved doing a double battle with a theif user and a ditto or something i don't remember the specifics. but you theif your partner after they've transformed or something and you keep both items, no risks. granted it does take a bit and you have to charge up teh vs seeker everytime, but i think for TMs it's pretty sweet.
Wasn't that patched for the English release?

Colosseum cloning? How is it done?

(Asking because I have Colosseum and no Emerald)
Pretty much the same concept as this trick except it involves trading between Colosseum and a GBA game. The key point is that Colosseum saves first; then there is a very brief lag period before the GBA game saves. Turn off the GBA during this lag period.

Since Colosseum has already saved, whatever Pokemon you sent over to the GCN game will be saved to your memory card. The GBA game will say the file got "corrupted" but it'll revert back to the backup save (from before the trade occurred).

The timing, though, does vary a bit and it takes some patience and a little luck to pull off multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)