Never laugh at live dragons

THE TEAM

CHANGES ARE IN BLUE

INTRODUCTION
YOYOYO WHATS UP, IMMA SHOW DIS KOOL – loljk, welcome to my first RMT, and I hope I get some constructive feedback and criticisms, particularly what I can change to improve this team. As you can, this is a classic DragMag team, albeit a somewhat (imo) more balanced. Jirachi, Starmie and Magnezone help whittle down the opponents, and make it easier for the 3 dragons to sweep. More often than not, it’s pretty much first half the game, non-dragons, second half, dragons. There is nothing more satisfy than a sweep after 50 turns of preparing for it. That’s not to say that I don’t use the Dragonite, Haxorus, or Latios in early to mid-game; they still serve an important role in provide resistances and coverage.
Now, onto the team!

Jirachi @ Iron ball
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP | 224 SpD | 32 Spe
Nature: Lax (+Def, –SpD)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder
- Iron Head
- Trick

Looking at this set, the thing that would standouts out the most is the ironball+trick combo. While I won’t go into the details of explaining what it does, it can easily cripple walls, and works as good trick fodder. I choose this over Lagging Tail, as after paralysis, Jirachi can outspeed even with an ironball. Stealth Rock is a no-brainer – every team should have a stealth rocker. I chose Thunder over Body Slam because most people assume non-rain Jirachis are physically based – thus it allows me to take many by surprise. Sure, 70% accuracy is no doubt shaky, but it’s really no different from using Focus Blast. 42% paralysis rate is a tad low (42% factoring accuracy), but when it comes to 60% chance moves for Jirachi, if Thunder hits, you’re gonna get paralysed.
Jirachi works as my lead in most cases not only because it sets up stealth rocks, but also because it can give me vital information about other people’s leads, as well as potentially KOing / crippling them. Choiced Rotom loses ground immunity if it chooses to trick, and specs only does 50% at most. Deoxys-S might set up screens, but due to the assumption that Jirachi is physical, reflect will go up first, meaning it will get hit by Thunder. Jirachi outspeed paralysed Deoxys-S even with ironball, and can flinchhax it to death.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SpA |252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Offensive rapid spinners don’t get any better than this. Starmie has amazing coverage, and Rapid Spin support is necessary to keep Dragonite’s multiscale intact. Surf for power; scald might get the burn, but most of the time it doesn’t do much. The added power is also appreciated, as standard Tyranitar cannot OHKO with Pursuit, and it 2HKOed by Surf. While BoltBeam is not as effective this generation, backed by Starmie’s respectable Special Attack, it can still cause a lot of damage. With rocks up, Stamie OHKOs Gengar with Surf, something Scald cannot do all the time. It also beats Jellicent outright.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Def | 4 SpA | 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

The staple support of any dragmag team, Magnezone serves to get rid of those pesky Steel-types, and pave a way for the dragons to steamroll. But you might ask, if your goal is to beat steels, where is the HP fire? Most of the time, Thunderbolt does more than enough to beat steel types, as most are 2HKOed by it. The exception to this is Ferrothorn, which remains a thorn (couldn’t resist) to this team. While Ferrothorn with Power Whip beats Magnezone, whittling it down with Substitute (to block Leech Seed) and Thunderbolt can bring it down to a point where Haxorus’ brick break can finish it off. The other reason for using HP Ice over HP Fire is that Magnezone covers the gaping dragon-weakness this team has. Max defence allows it to tank an Outrage and revenge opposing dragons, namely Dragonite. Magnet Rise also allows me to beat many things which would otherwise easily KO with Earthquake. Salamence can either come in and straight up KO with Earthquake, or be KOed after trying to set up a DD. If I’m behind a sub, incoming Gliscor are completely walled with Magnet Rise. However, because I need a Sub to beat Gliscor, I am contemplating switching to Magneton to outspeed, however, lack of lefties could severely affect survivability, especially with when using Substitute.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 HP | 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed

Scarfnite, while it may seem completely outclassed by DDnite, wrecks shit. Scarfnite can play many roles on the team, from revenge killer, to cleaning up late-game. It can take a +2 Bullet Punch from Scizor, and revenge with Fire Punch, destrolishes Heatran with EQ, beats Salamence coming for a revenge, even at -1 given rocks. Even without rocks, it can still take an Outrage. It can also OHKO Rotom-W that has been tricked an ironball. More importantly, it beats opposing DD Dragonite, even at +1, as most run Adamant. Late-game, just spam with Outrage, and watch everything just fall to pieces. Extremespeed without Choice Band is somewhat disappointing, but every team needs some sort of priority.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 HP | 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop

Haxorus. Is. A. Monster. Choice Banded Outrage destroys EVERYTHING (except Skarmory lol). Everything else pretty much filler, though EQ allows it to beat steel types that somehow survive more than 2 hits from this guy, and Brick Break is solely for Ferrothorn. Either way, if there are no more steel-types, this guy comes in and fucks shit up.

Latios @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SpA | 252 Spe
Nature: Naïve (+Spe, -SpD)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

By far the oddball of the team, it also happens to be the greatest asset to it as well. Okay, forget common courtesies, THIS GUY IS SO FUCKING AWESOME. Something which few people every do is look at Latios’ physical side. While 90 Base power is completely overshadowed by its amazing 130 Special Attack, it is perfect for running a wallbreaking mix set. Dragon Fang serves for bluffing a choice item, bring in Latios and fire off a Draco Meteor, then switch out – people automatically assume its choiced. Even if they suspect it isn’t, it’s not because they’re suspecting mix. As with the other two dragons on the team, Latios is a late-game sweeper. After just one Dragon Dance, Latios outspeeds EVERYTHING, bar scarf Deoxys-S (lol) and things which set up +2 speed. The idea is to fire off a Draco Meteor, DD on the switch, then sweep with Outrage. Resisted Outrage is still stronger then neutral Waterfall, however, it means Latios does not have to be locked into Outrage. Tyranitar which switching in on a Draco Meteor, then trying to pursuit trap are given an unexpected surprise when Latios DDs, and then finish it with Outrage. +1 Outrage 2HKOs physically defensive Politoed, and OHKOs specially defensive ones. More importantly, it is able to get past most of its previous walls, namely Chansey/Blissey, who are both 2HKOed at +1.

CONCLUSION

As you can see, the first three members serve a vital role in supporting the team. Jirachi’s Stealth Rocks as invaluable, Starmie’s Rapid Spins are a must, and Magnezone’s steelkilling capabilities are paramount to allow for the dragons to sweep. On the other side of things, Dragonite is the speedy revenge killer, Haxorus acts as the unstoppable killing machine, and Latios comes half-way between the two. When Moxie + Outrage Salamence gets programmed into PO, I might switch it in for Dragonite, considering it has a higher speed stat. Lack of Multiscale is a bit disheartening though. I also need a way of dealing with Ferrothorn somewhat more effectively, it's such a bitch. Using HP Fire for just one poke seems inefficient when HP Ice has so much more utility.

IMPORT
Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

(Latios) (M) @ Dragon Fang
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

Jirachi @ Iron Ball
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 104 Def / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lax Nature (+Def, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Thunder
- Iron Head

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute

THREAT LIST​

• Offensive Threats
  • Tyranitar:
    • Choice Band – Trick it an Ironball with Jirachi, then murder it with iron head
    • Choice Scarf – Same as Choice Band
    • Dragon Dance – Same as Choice Band
  • Rotom-W:
    • Choice Scarf / Specs – If it chooses to trick, it will get an unpleasant surprise in the form of Ironball. Since my Jirachi is mixed, specs/scarf doesn’t really hurt it. Is countered by Latios.
  • Scizor:
    • Choice Band – Magnezone can take everything but a Superpower, but most of the time, it just goes for Bullet Punch, or U-turns. If it’s locked in on Bullet Punch, lights out for Scizor, with Magnezone subbed up. Surf from Starmie also does a number to it.
    • Swords Dance – This set can be a bit of trouble, but Dragonite can live a +2 Bullet Punch, and revenge with Fire Punch. Same with Choice Band, Starmie can do a bit of damage before being destroyed. Magnezone does over 50% with Thunderbolt. As with Choice Band, needs to be removed before dragons can spam Outrage.
  • Dragonite:
    • Choice Band – Depending on what’s it’s locked in on, Magnezone can come in and kill with HP ice. Haxorus can outspeed and use Dual Chop to break Multiscale and then kill. Dragonite can also kill with Outrage.
    • Dragon Dance – Most DD sets are Adamant, so Dragonite can still outspeed at +1, then do 2HKO with Outrage if rocks aren’t up. If it switches in on my Jirachi, it gets crippled by Ironball. All in all, very dangerous if I don’t play my cards right.
    • Mixed – Haven’t seen one of these in ages, but just about everything except Jirachi can revenge kill it in some way. Starmie can switch in on a predicted Fire Blast, and Magnezone can switch in on a predicted dragon move.
    • Parashuffler – This guy is so annoying, thankfully, most people prefer to go offensively based Dragonite. If I get shuffled into Starmie or Magnezone, I should be fine – Starmie can do some damage with Ice Beam, and Magnezone can sub up to avoid para and phasing, then kill with HP ice.
  • Politoed:
    • Choice Specs / Scarf – Starmie OHKOs with Thunderbolt. For Scarf variants, Jirachi can live a Hydro Pump, then hit it with a 100% accurate Thunder, potentially paralysing, thought Specs does OHKO.
  • Heatran:
    • Standard – Dragonite and Haxorus can OHKO with EQ, or if it’s carrying a balloon, Brick Break form Haxorus OHKOs. Starmie can switch in on predicted rocks, then OHKO with Surf.
  • Jirachi:
    • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind – OHKOed by EQ from Dragonite and Haxorus, if I can get a sub up on Magnezone, easily killed with Thunderbolt.
  • Latios:
    • Life Orb – Starmie can fire off Icebeam, though only a 2HKO, Dragonite outspeeds and can use Outrage. If worst comes to worst, I can put my money on a speed tie if it’s timid.
    • Choice Scarf / Specs – Not many scarf variants these days, but either way, Magnezone can tank a hit, sub up or use HP ice.
    • Calm Mind – Outrage Dragonite.
  • Reuniclus:
    • Calm Mind – Haxorus does over 80% with Outrage, leaving Reuniclus to be either revenged, or screwed the next turn, depending on whether it attacks or recovers.
    • Offensive Trick Room – Not much that can be done, same as Calm Mind with Haxorus weakening it, then Dragonite coming in and revenging with Extremespeed.
  • Deoxys-S:
    • Standard – Jirachi just tries to hit it with Thunder, if it gets paralysed, I can flinch hax it to death.
    • Dual Screens – Same as Standard, but Haxorus can break screens with Brick Break if necessary.
    • Life Orb Sweeper – Fire off Thunders with Jirachi, Starmie gets 2HKOed by Thunderbolt, so it fire off Surfs, Dragonite to revenge with Extremespeed
  • Haxorus:
    • Choice Scarf / Choice Band – Outrage does about 30% to Magnezone, it can retaliate with HP Ice.
    • Dragon Dance – This could very easily sweep my entire team, though if it’s locked into Outrage, same as Choiced.
    • Double Dance – See Dragon Dance.
  • Ninetales:
    • Nasty Plot – Dragonite OHKOs with Earthquake
    • Choice Specs – See Nasty Plot
    • Special Attacker – See Nasty Plot
  • Conkeldurr:
    • Bulk Up – Can be a problem, Latios to fire off a Draco which brings it very low, then Dragonite or Haxorus to revenge.
  • Celebi:
    • Nasty Plot Sweeper – Starmie can do around 40% with Icebeam, then Dragonite can revenge with Fire Punch
    • Tinkerbell – Same as Nasty Plot Sweeper.
    • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf – Depending on what it’s locked in on, an appropriate pokemon can be switched in
  • Terrakion:
    • Double Dance – Rock Polish could sweep my team, though Swords Dance set is manageable with Latios or Dragonite.
    • Choice Scarf / Choice Band – Can cause a bit of trouble, though can be managed with Dragonite and Latios.
  • Gyarados:
    • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance – Starmie used Thunderbolt. It’s super effective!
  • Gengar:
    • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split – Jirachi can break its subs with Iron Head, though Disable can be a bother. Starmie can outspeed and do well over half with Surf, though it is OHKOed by Shadow Ball. Dragonite OHKOs with Outrage.
  • Starmie:
    • Life Orb – Nothing can really take a hit, though Haxorus can easily revenge with Outrage or Dual Chop. Dragonite can go for the kill with Outrage.
    • Rapid Spin -
    • Choice Specs -
  • Landorus:
    • Rock Polish / Swords Dance – Swords Dance can be taken care of by Starmie. Rock Polish can potentially sweep my team, though Latios can fire of a Draco Meteor, and Dragonite can go for Extremespeed.
    • Choice Scarf – Jirachi is EVed so it can survive an EQ. If it U-turns out, Jirachi can trick something else an ironball. If Magnezone is behind a sub, it can OHKO with HP Ice. +1 Latios can outspeed and do about 70% with either Draco Meteor and Outrage.
    • Substitute + 3 Attacks – Haxorus can break subs and do damage with Dual Chop. Starmie, as with Swords Dance, can kill with Ice Beam.
  • Infernape:
    • Mixed Attacker – Starmie OHKOs with Surf, Dragonite OHKOs with EQ
    • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster – Same as Mixed Attacker
    • Choice Band –Same as Mixed Attacker
    • Choice Scarf – +1 Latios can kill with Outrage
  • Volcarona:
    • Offensive Quiver Dance – Generally comes in after a Draco Meteor from Latios, DD as it Quiver Dances, then KO with Outrage
    • Bulky Quiver Dance – Starmie can do good damage with Surf, Dragonite can finish it with Outrage
    • Chesto Rest – See Offensive Quiver Dance.
    • Substitute – Haxorus can use Dual Chop to break sub and do some damage, then Dragonite can come in and revenge with Outage.
  • Magnezone:
    • Substitute – Ironically, my Magnezone is screwed vs Standard Magnezone, EQ from anything kills it though. If it’s carrying a balloon, Brick Break can do damage and break the ballon, then later be killed with EQ.
    • Choice Scarf – EQ from Dragonite wins.
  • Espeon:
    • Calm Mind – Outrage from Latios has a small chance of OHKOing, though much better odds with SR up. Outrage from Haxorus and Dragonite can OHKO no problems.
  • Salamence:
    • Dragon Dance – If it manages to set up one DD, I am probably screwed. Only thing is, it can’t set up safely on anything. Jirachi can cripple it with an Ironball, Starmie and Magnezone have Ice attacks, and Dragons have dragon attacks.
    • Mixed – Nothing can really take a hit, though Starmie can come in on an EQ/Fire Blast and OHKO with Ice Beam. Dragonite and Latios can revenge with Outrage and Draco Meteor respectively.
    • Defensive – Not to troublesome, Dragonite, Latios and Haxorus can OHKO without much trouble, and Starmie and Magnezone have Ice attacks.
  • Hydreigon:
    • Offensive – Can be as troublesome as Life Orb Latios, though Dragonite and Latios both outspeed and can OHKO with Outrage and Draco Meteor.
    • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf – Switching into Magnezone works, though opponents will then just switch out. Have to be careful for Fire Blast though. +1 Latios outspeeds and can kill with Draco Meteor or Outrage.
  • Breloom:
    • Sub Seed – Jirachi generally gets sleep foddered, if Starmie is out, Ice Beam can occasionally net the OHKO. If not, Dragonite can revenge with Extremespeed.
    • Sub Punch – See Sub Seed
  • Latias:
    • Calm Mind – Dragonite outspeeds and OHKOs with Outrage. If that is predicted, Latios can come in and kill with both Outrage and Draco Meteor.
  • Toxicroak:
    • Swords Dance – If rain is up (which it generally is), Toxicroak can be a problem. Dual Chop Haxorus can do a sizable chunk, and Dragonite can clean up if it’s not behind a sub.
    • Bulk Up – If it gets setup and is behind a sub, there’s not much that can be done. Outrage Haxorus is the best option, breaking subs, and could net a KO. Dragonite can try to finish it off. Latios can try to firing off Draco Meteors, but must be wary of Sucker Punch.
  • Lucario:
    • Swords Dance – EQ from Haxorus OHKOs, as does EQ from Dragonite. Extremespeed does a lot to Haxorus, but doesn’t not OHKO if rocks are not up.
    • Nasty Plot – Same as Swords Dance.
  • Virizion:
    • Calm Mind – Outrage from Dragonite is a 2HKO, while from Haxorus, it is a OHKO. Starmie can do some damage to weaken it, though Giga Drain can recover a good chunk back.
    • Swords Dance – Same as Calm Mind, but doesn’t not have Giga Drain to recover with.
  • Scrafty:
    • Dragon Dance – Could very easily sweep my team if I’m not careful. If I can trick an Ironball onto it, everything should be good and dandy, easily KOed by Outrage from Haxorus. If necessary, a few pokes may have to kamikaze it to kill it.
    • Bulk Up – Generally Bulk Up sets cannot competed with the offensive prowess of Haxorus. Starmie can attack its special side, though it is OHKOed by Crunch/Payback.
  • Venusaur:
    • Special Growth – Extremely dangerous if it sets up, trick it an Ironball. If Latios can get +1, it is able to outspeed, then OHKO with Outrage. Jirachi may need to be sleep foddered though.
    • Mixed Growth – See Special Growth.
    • SubSeed – Less dangerous than growth sets, Latios can set up more easily, break subs/kill with Outrage.
  • Metagross:
    • Stealth Rock – Earthquake from Haxorus or Dragonite does good damage against it, 2HKOing. Thunderbolt from Magnezone is also an option if Metagross is uninvested in speed, and does not possess Hammer Arm, as Magnet Rise will render Magnezone immune to EQ. Thunderbolt does just under half, but this is irrelevant if Metagross cannot damage Magnezone.
    • Choice Scarf / Choice Band – Similar to Scizor, if it gets locked in on the wrong move, Magnezone can easily come in and kill it.
    • Agility – Similar to Stealth Rock set, however, it is much more capable of putting holes in this team. Haxorus and Dragonite to EQ, and all should be good.
  • Mienshao:
    • All-Out Attacker – Can’t do much against Jirachi, HJK won’t kill. Ironball will cripple its offensive capabilities, and give Jirachi a nice way of increasing the amount of damage Thunder does. Latios can fire off Draco Meteors, and Dragonite can go Outrage, though it needs to be wary of HP ice.
    • Choice Scarf / Choice Band – More easily worked around, Latios can fire off Draco Meteors to hurt it hard, and Jirachi can trick an Ironball once again. Scarf/band can be used with Iron Head for flinchhax.
  • Cloyster:
    • Shell Smash – This guy is the by far the biggest threat to this team. Magnezone can wall its Rock Blast and Icicle Spear, but is OHKOed by Hydro Pump. Jirachi has a chance of being OHKOed by a +2 Hydro Pump. Best bet is to either trick it an Iron Ball, or go for its abysmal Special Defence and hope Thunder hits. +1 Latios also outspeeds, but I would have to set up the same turn Cloyster sets up.
  • Mamoswine:
    • Physical Attacker – Ice attacks are obviously my bane, and Mamoswine is no exception. Jirachi is weak to its STAB EQ, but can do good damage with Iron Head. Iron Ball can be tricked for some flinchhax action. Starmie can use Surf for the OHKO, though it cannot switch in.
  • Darmanitan:
    • Choice Scarf – Though I do have a few fire resists, nothing can switch in an retaliate. As such, generally Jirachi is foddered so then something can be brought in to revenge. Starmie can take a Flare Blitz then KO with Surf, while Dragonite, Haxorus and Latios can also all take Flare Blitz and counter.
  • Tornadus:
    • Rain Abuser – For Tornadus to be effective, rain must be up. Consequently, Jirachi’s 100% accurate Thunder can do massive damage to Tornadus, as well as a 60% chance that it will be paralysed. Since most Rain Abusers are specs, while Starmie cannot switch in, it can outspeed and also do good damage. Magnezone can tank one Hurricane, and OHKO with Thunderbolt.

Lol I just realised I forgot to do a defensive threat list >.> I'm not sure I'll do one, as I've gotta start packing soon since I'm going to the US tomorrow morning on holiday :D

haunter

Banned deucer.
Never use lax nature, ever. Run careful on Jirachi and an EV spread of 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe with body slam over thunder. You don't really need it as it's extremely inaccurate and you're not running rain, also Skarmory isn't exactly a problem for your team.

Ferrothorn completely walls this team, I suggest that you try HP fire on Magnezone instead of HP ice. Also, your EV spread seems quite random tbh. Run the standard 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe spread. Alternatley you might try charge beam over magnet rise and keep HP ice for coverage.

I'd switch Haxorus and Dnite roles in the team. Dnite works better as a choice bander in my opinion. A CB extremespeed will make it an excellent revenge killer for fast enemies that have speed boosting moves (especially Volcarona, which seems to be a pain for your team).

On Latios you'll probably need life orb and earthquake over waterfall, otherwise you won't score a ohko on TTar, which means a dead Latios unless TTar has already taken some previous damage.

On Starmie you might as well run max Spe, 32 HP EVs don't change that much and having max Spe might be a better idea as you'll tie with opposing Starmie. I also suggest hydro pump over surf or you won't even 2hko TTar.

Just some thoughts.

Never use lax nature, ever. Run careful on Jirachi and an EV spread of 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe with body slam over thunder. You don't really need it as it's extremely inaccurate and you're not running rain, also Skarmory isn't exactly a problem for your team.

Ferrothorn completely walls this team, I suggest that you try HP fire on Magnezone instead of HP ice. Also, your EV spread seems quite random tbh. Run the standard 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe spread. Alternatley you might try charge beam over magnet rise and keep HP ice for coverage.

I'd switch Haxorus and Dnite roles in the team. Dnite works better as a choice bander in my opinion. A CB extremespeed will make it an excellent revenge killer for fast enemies that have speed boosting moves (especially Volcarona, which seems to be a pain for your team).

On Latios you'll probably need life orb and earthquake over waterfall, otherwise you won't score a ohko on TTar, which means a dead Latios unless TTar has already taken some previous damage.

On Starmie you might as well run max Spe, 32 HP EVs don't change that much and having max Spe might be a better idea as you'll tie with opposing Starmie. I also suggest hydro pump over surf or you won't even 2hko TTar.

Just some thoughts.
Thanks for the input!

The way I see, Thunder out of the rain is the same as Focus Blast, and everyone runs that anyway on things that can. At the same time, it is true that Thunder occasionally feels like its got 50% accuracy, so I'll see how that works.

The current EV spread for Magnezone is so that I can cover up the Dragon weakness that my team has. HP ice provides amazing coverage, and with Thunderbolt, I've got pseudo BoltBeam. HP fire is sooooo tempting though, because Ferrothorn does piss me off so much. Charge Beam does sound interesting though, get a couple of boosts, then finish with T-bolt. Also, with those EVs, what do I outspeed?

I've never actually had a problem with Volcarona, if it switches in on my lead Jirachi, it gets an Ironball. Otherwise, Dragonite can come in, take anything, then retaliate with Outrage. CB Haxorus gives me the raw power to break through some physical walls, such as Gliscor or OHKO Offensive Dragonite.

For Latios, EQ sounds good, though I'm not to sure whether using Life Orb over Dragon Fang is worth it. If I use Life Orb, there's obviously a power with my attacks, however, it means that I lose my bluff, which is quite invaluable when setting up DD, though even if they do see LO recoil, it would doubtful the opponent would get DD.

I'll defs try Hydro Pump on Starmie.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The Spe on Magnezone is to outspeed SD Scizor which, after a SD can literally annihilate your team (if it gets past Zone).

Well, your Dnite might revenge kill Volcarona if multiscale is intact, otherwise your only hope is that it doesn't carry HP rock. Volca can set up on Magnezone or even on Dnite and Hax locked into anything barring their stab moves\EQ. Btw, CB Nite is an excellent wallbreaker too, its outrages are just slightly weaker than Haxorus but it has ES and multiscale.

As for EQ on Latios: with your current set waterfall can only deal 46.5% - 55% to max HP TTar after a DD. With EQ+LO you deal 75.7% - 89.1% to the same TTar. Definitely worth trying imo.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)