Tauros

[Overview]

<p>Tauros hasn't changed much throughout the generations. He's always been quick and powerful, and this generation is no exception. Tauros did, however, gain a few tools from the transition into Black and White. Tauros was given the Dream World ability Sheer Force, which boosts the power of moves that have additional effects. He also gained the move Work Up, which is useful to break through walls. Sadly, this is his only stat boosting move. Unfortunately, the good news for Tauros ends here. While his Attack and Speed are great, his defenses are mediocre and his typing is downright awful. All in all, Tauros can't function to his fullest extent without the correct team support to cover his flaws.</p>

[SET]
name: Physical Attacker
move 1: Double-Edge / Rock Climb
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
move 4: Zen Headbutt / Fire Blast
item: Life Orb
nature: Jolly / Naive
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Tauros is renowned for his strength. Wielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros's STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which deals massive damage to all who don't resist it. However, if the large recoil from Double-Edge is displeasing, Rock Climb is a suitable replacement, and works well with Sheer Force. Earthquake is helpful to get a super effective hit on Rock- or Steel-types that switch in predicting a Double-Edge. Stone Edge is used to provide further coverage, forming one half of the infamous EdgeQuake combo, hitting Flying- and Ice-types super effectively. But, if you're concerned about its shaky accuracy, Rock Slide, which is boosted by Sheer Force, can replace it. The final moveslot is to hit specific threats. Zen Headbutt can be used if you want a stronger hit on Fighting-types who might survive a Double-Edge and potentially KO Tauros with a STAB move. On the other hand, Fire Blast can be used to hit Durant and Ferroseed for 4x super effective damage. Even with a Jolly nature, Fire Blast will OHKO 4 / 0 Durant. It also scores a harder hit on Ferroseed than Earthquake would. Fire Blast also carries an element of surprise: most people won't expect a Pokemon with base 40 Special Attack to run a special move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is also viable in the first slot to hit hard without any drawbacks. Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize power while retaining the ability to switch moves. It also works well with Sheer Force, as Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil on boosted moves, thus allowing Tauros to bluff a Choice item. A Jolly nature with maximum Speed investment is used to tie with all base 110 speed Pokemon. A Naive nature is also an option to get a stronger hit with Fire Blast, but the only value of it is to always be able to 2HKO Steelix. Tauros's Attack is maxed out to dish out the most damage, and the rest of the EVs are put in HP to give a tiny bit of added bulk. Ice Beam can be run in the last slot to hit Gligar, but provides no further coverage beyond that. Flamethrower is also an option over Fire Blast, but the power is usually worth the drop in accuracy.</p>

<p>Bulky Ghost-types such as Cofagrigus shut Tauros down instantly. That's why it's recommended to carry a Fire-type or a teammate with Guts to counter bulky Ghost-types. Choice Band Emboar can switch into a Will-O-Wisp and crush bones with his powerful Flare Blitz. Magmortar and Swellow don't mind Will-O-Wisps and can fire off powerful 120 Base Power STAB moves. Take note that most Guts users will only work as a counter to Cofagrigus one time because once they make physical contact with Cofagrigus, their Guts ability becomes Mummy. This means they will no longer get the Attack boost from the burn. Steelix also can cause trouble, not being 2HKOed by any move save for Naive Fire Blast. Again, Fire-types make excellent teammates, scaring Steelix off with the prospect of super effective STAB moves.</p>

<p>The choice between Tauros's abilities are up to personal preference. Intimidate is usable to allow Tauros to switch in more often and potentially survive more hits. However, Sheer Force works in conjunction with Life Orb nicely, as Tauros has a lot of moves with secondary effects. Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Blast are all powered up by Sheer Force. Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, so the primary move with Sheer Force should be Rock Climb. Rock Slide should be used over Stone Edge if Sheer Force is the chosen ability. It would have a little less Base Power than Stone Edge, but would have better accuracy, more PP, and the added benefit of not causing Life Orb recoil.</p>

[SET]
name: Work Up
move 1: Work Up
move 2: Double-Edge / Rock Climb
move 3: Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Ice Beam
move 4: Earthquake
nature: Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Despite the physical attacker set's great power, Tauros can still get walled quite easily. Eviolite Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus aren't 2HKOed by the above set. This set aims to fix that. With Work Up, Tauros is able to 2HKO all of the above simply by brute force at +1 with Stealth Rock and the appropriate move.</p>

<p>Work Up forms the basis of this set by raising Tauros's Attack to sky-high levels and his Special Attack to a high enough level to hit specific targets hard enough with coverage moves. Double-Edge is Tauros's strongest STAB move and hits like a cement truck on any non-Ghost-, Rock-, or Steel-type. Rock Climb is also usable if the recoil is undesirable. Stone Edge or Rock Slide provide further coverage and are one half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo. Ice Beam is also an option if Gligar needs to be OHKOed instead of 2HKOed. Earthquake hits the Rock- and Steel-types that resist Double-Edge.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Here is a damage calculation to demonstrate what kind of strength Tauros wields at +1:</p>

<
ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>252 Atk Adamant Hitmonchan Iron Fist Ice Punch vs 252/252 Impish Eviolite Gligar: 44.3% - 52.4% </li>
<li>+1 Tauros Life Orb Double-Edge vs 252/252 Impish Eviolite Gligar: 44.3% - 52.4% </li>

<p>The damage range of Tauros's Double-Edge is the same as a 4x super effective attack with an ability boost. Tauros is very powerful at +1 and should not be underestimated. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed everything up to base 110 Speed, although a Naive nature is also acceptable with Intimidate and Ice Beam, as it gets the OHKO on Gligar at +1. With Sheer Force, however, Naive isn't needed to gain any notable KOs at all. Either Intimidate or Sheer Force can be used, but Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, while Stone Edge becomes less viable with it.</p>

<p>While the previous set didn't require much team support, this one both supports and needs support. This set works well with those who want bulky walls such as Gligar out of the way. Durant is a good example because he gets walled cold by Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus. Electivire works in the same vein, getting stopped by the above threats, although less so. The lack of a moveslot for Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast leaves Tauros open to getting beaten by Ferroseed, Durant, or bulky Fighting-types. Take note, though, that Durant would have to 2HKO Tauros, so he could be played around. Magneton can easily take care of the former two, hitting 4x super effectively with a Hidden Power Fire, while Cofagrigus can easily handle the latter by spreading burns around with Will-O-Wisp.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Normal-types often do, Tauros has an extensive movepool. He has a plethora of specially based moves, but doesn't have the Special Attack stat to take advantage of them. The only ones worth considering are Ice Beam and Fire Blast, and they should only be used to hit specific threats. Anger Point was nerfed in the generation jump; it no longer works on Substitutes. It should not be considered because most critical hits will OHKO Tauros outright. Besides, Tauros would really miss the benefits of his other abilities. Bulldoze might seem tempting as a replacement over Earthquake due to lack of recoil from Life Orb with Sheer Force, but the loss in power isn't worth it. Tauros also gets Wild Charge, which can be used to hit Alomomola. Pursuit isn't really worth a moveslot as much as one might think. There are better Pokemon to do the job, and it can be tough to find a moveslot for Pursuit. Since Payback no longer hits for double the power on the switch, it should not be considered for a moveslot either.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There aren't many Pokemon that can freely switch in to Tauros without fear of being OHKOed or 2HKOed, but Tauros can still be easily played around. Gligar can take most attacks, but should watch out for the Work Up set or the occasional Ice Beam. Ferroseed can switch in easily if Tauros is not carrying Fire Blast and can paralyze him, thereby ruining his chances of sweeping. Bulky Fighting-types can be troublesome if Tauros is without Zen Headbutt, but Double-Edge still does a hefty chunk of damage. Faster Pokemon or Choice Scarf users can revenge kill Tauros. Sceptile is an example, packing base 120 Speed and Leaf Storm to OHKO. Bulky Ghost-types such as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus can wall Tauros for days. Steelix can live two Earthquakes, and sometimes two Fire Blasts and strike back with a strong Earthquake. Tangrowth walls Tauros, but is 2HKOed by Fire Blast. Maximum Defense Claydol can switch in on any move but Double-Edge or Rock Climb and spam Earth Power. Sharpedo outspeeds Tauros after a Speed Boost and a Life Orb-boosted Hydro Pump will KO. Finally, priority moves are a simple way to defeat Tauros; Absol and Honchkrow can both easily revenge kill Tauros with Sucker Punch.</p>

Mention Steelix as a counter to the first set. Earthquake 3HKO's the standard set at best and Jolly Fire Blast can't manage a 2HKO without Spikes support. Gyro Ball 2HKOs in return. Naive nets the Fire Blast KO rather solidly, though.

Also, where the fuck is Cofagrigus on this list? Nothing Tauros has can even 2HKO the thing. +1 Life Orb Earthquake does 38.1% - 44.9% and Cofagrigus can burn Tauros with Will-O-Wisp. Dusknoir does the same thing to a lesser extent; +1 Earthquake does 46.3% - 54.8%, but the first set can't do shit to it.

Mention Steelix as a counter to the first set. Earthquake 3HKO's the standard set at best and Jolly Fire Blast can't manage a 2HKO without Spikes support. Gyro Ball 2HKOs in return. Naive nets the Fire Blast KO rather solidly, though.

Also, where the fuck is Cofagrigus on this list? Nothing Tauros has can even 2HKO the thing. +1 Life Orb Earthquake does 38.1% - 44.9% and Cofagrigus can burn Tauros with Will-O-Wisp. Dusknoir does the same thing to a lesser extent; +1 Earthquake does 46.3% - 54.8%, but the first set can't do shit to it.
noted both. I forget things a lot

I like Tauros. I used to use him in RU, until I noticed:

Scarf fightings in general will destroy Tauros and are very common. To be honest I've never seen Emboar. It's mostly because people want their fighting scarfers to outspeed scarf krook. So Primeape and (slightly less common) Medicham are more applicable here and both cleanly OHKO with Close Combat and HJK respectively.

Tangrowth also walls the non-work up set without Fire Blast and can put it to sleep or use Stun Spore or Leech Seed.

As for Fire blast (2hko) and the work up variants, it can't switch in, but it can come in for a "revenge" sleep / stun and then regenerate the damage taken.

Max physical bulk Claydol can come in on an expected EQ, rock slide, fireblast, or zen headbutt, take about 50% from a Rock Climb and then finish off a weakened Tauros with the STAB or filler of choice, toxic it to shorten its sweep, or throw up a reflect (albeit this isn't very common).

Sharpedo will outspeed after one protect and mow it down, Honchkrow and Absol can pick it off with Sucker Punch (doesn't even take prediction), Hitmonchan has mach punch (most doing over 50%), Entei is usually banded and has Espeed (45ish%), and Specs Bug Buzz Accelgor (some presence) can 55% OHKO with no prior damage.

In the Rain or Sun, a bunch more stuff outspeeds him(ex- Victreebel and Kabutops)

I'm not sure if you were done with the checks/counters but all of the above are the major threats in RU and one of them (if not more) will be on any good RU team.

In my opinion Tauros should really only be used as a BP recipient and preferably shell smash (granted it is currently suspect). With a shell smash under him and the ability to change moves with fair coverage recoil free is when Tauros is truly fearsome.

I like Tauros. I used to use him in RU, until I noticed:

Scarf fightings in general will destroy Tauros and are very common. To be honest I've never seen Emboar. It's mostly because people want their fighting scarfers to outspeed scarf krook. So Primeape and (slightly less common) Medicham are more applicable here and both cleanly OHKO with Close Combat and HJK respectively.

Tangrowth also walls the non-work up set without Fire Blast and can put it to sleep or use Stun Spore or Leech Seed.

As for Fire blast (2hko) and the work up variants, it can't switch in, but it can come in for a "revenge" sleep / stun and then regenerate the damage taken.

Max physical bulk Claydol can come in on an expected EQ, rock slide, fireblast, or zen headbutt, take about 50% from a Rock Climb and then finish off a weakened Tauros with the STAB or filler of choice, toxic it to shorten its sweep, or throw up a reflect (albeit this isn't very common).

Sharpedo will outspeed after one protect and mow it down, Honchkrow and Absol can pick it off with Sucker Punch (doesn't even take prediction), Hitmonchan has mach punch (most doing over 50%), Entei is usually banded and has Espeed (45ish%), and Specs Bug Buzz Accelgor (some presence) can 55% OHKO with no prior damage.

In the Rain or Sun, a bunch more stuff outspeeds him(ex- Victreebel and Kabutops)

I'm not sure if you were done with the checks/counters but all of the above are the major threats in RU and one of them (if not more) will be on any good RU team.

In my opinion Tauros should really only be used as a BP recipient and preferably shell smash (granted it is currently suspect). With a shell smash under him and the ability to change moves with fair coverage recoil free is when Tauros is truly fearsome.
Thanks

I would suggest removing the bit about Anger Point in OO; since the ability no longer activates if the opponent hits a Sub it's pretty much useless, and lack of Salac Berry just makes it even worse, with all the Scarfers running around. That, and Mach Punch is everywhere.

I would suggest removing the bit about Anger Point in OO; since the ability no longer activates if the opponent hits a Sub it's pretty much useless, and lack of Salac Berry just makes it even worse, with all the Scarfers running around. That, and Mach Punch is everywhere.
Makes absolute sense. Updated

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sheer Force isn't actually that good. There was a UU Tauros analysis and the general consensus was that Intimidate was better. (see this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452240)

• Rock Climb is inaccurate and weaker than Double-Edge. Make double-edge & intimidate the primary slash. (and make rock climb & sheer force the secondary slashes)
  • Since Intimidate is now the main ability, swap Zen Headbutt with Fire Blast.
  • You still can't break through gligar after a work up so i'd recommend slashing HP ice with Rock Slide.
  • Swap Rock Climb & Sheer force with Double-Edge and Intimidate like with the previous set.
Do all of that and i'll approve this.

Sheer Force isn't actually that good. There was a UU Tauros analysis and the general consensus was that Intimidate was better. (see this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452240)

• Rock Climb is inaccurate and weaker than Double-Edge. Make double-edge & intimidate the primary slash. (and make rock climb & sheer force the secondary slashes)
  • Since Intimidate is now the main ability, swap Zen Headbutt with Fire Blast.
  • You still can't break through gligar after a work up so i'd recommend slashing HP ice with Rock Slide.
  • Swap Rock Climb & Sheer force with Double-Edge and Intimidate like with the previous set.
Do all of that and i'll approve this.
Updated, even though in my personal experience I found Sheer Force better. But I'll listen to QC on this one.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stone Edge > Rock Slide if you aren't using Sheer Force. Also don't slash abilities, just remove the tag completely and mention why they're both good in set comments.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
placeholder
check is done

remove
add
comments
change case

[Overview]

<p>Tauros hasn't changed much throughout the generations. He's always been quick and powerful., (remove period, add comma) and this generation is no exception. He Tauros did, however, gain some tools from the transition into Black and White. get a few changes during the generation change, however. Tauros was given the Dream World ability Sheer Force, boosting the power of moves that have added additional effects. He also gained the move Work Up, which is useful to break through mixed walls. Sadly, this is his only stat boosting move. Unfortunately, the good news for Tauros ends here. While his Attack and Speed are great, his defenses are mediocre and his typing is downright awful. All in all, Tauros can't function to his fullest extent without team support to cover his flaws.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Tauros is renowned for being very strong. Wielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros' STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which will deal massive damage to all those who don't resist it. However, if the sharp large recoil from Double-Edge is displeasing, displeases you, Rock Climb is a suitable replacement, and works well with Sheer Force. Earthquake is helpful to get a super effective hit on Rock- or Steel-types that switch in predicting a Double-Edge. Stone Edge is used to provide further coverage, but if you're concerned about its shaky accuracy, Rock Slide, which is boosted by Sheer Force, can replace it, and has a Sheer Force boost. The final moveslot is to hit specific threats. Zen Headbutt can be used if you want a stronger hit on Fighting-types who might survive a Double-Edge and potentially KO Tauros respond with a STAB move. On the other hand, Fire Blast can be used to hit Durant and Ferroseed for 4x super effective damage. Even with a Jolly nature, Fire Blast will OHKO 4 / 0 Durant. It also scores a harder hit on Ferroseed than Earthquake would. It also Fire Blast also carries the an element of surprise with it: most people won't expect a Pokemon with base 100 Attack and 40 Special Attack to run a special move. (I have some doubts about the previous sentence but I guess it's not my place -- would it really be an element of surprise if it's in the official analysis? :P)</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is also viable in the first slot to hit hard and has no without any drawbacks. Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize power while retaining the ability to , (remove comma) yet still switch moves. It also works well with Sheer Force; as Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil on boosted moves, it can allow Tauros to it might bluff a Choice item. Jolly nature with maximum Speed is used to tie all other base 110s speed Pokemon. Naive is also an option to get a stronger hit with Fire Blast, but the only value of it is to always 2HKO Steelix. Tauros's (you're referring to Tauros in a singular sense) Attack is maxed out to dish out the most damage, and the rest is put in HP to give a tiny bit of added bulk. Ice Beam can be run in the last slot to hit Gligar, but provides no further coverage beyond that. Flamethrower is also an option over Fire Blast, but the power is usually worth the drop in accuracy.</p>

<p>Bulky Ghost-types with Will-O-Wisp, such as Cofagrigus, with Will-O-Wisp can shut Tauros down instantly. That's why it's recommended to carry a Fire-(insert hyphen)type or a teammate with Guts to counter the bulky Ghost-types. Choice Band Emboar can switch in a Will-O-Wisp and crush bones with his powerful Flare Blitz. Magmortar or Swellow don't mind Will-O-Wisps and can fire off powerful 120 Base Power STAB moves. Take note that most Guts users will only work as a counter to Cofagrigus one time, because once they make physical contact with Cofagrigus, their Guts turns to Mummy and they will no longer get the Attack boost from the burn. Steelix also can cause trouble, not being 2HKOed by any move bar Naive Fire Blast. Again, Fire-types make excellent teammates, scaring Steelix off with the prospect of super effective STAB moves.</p>

<p>The choice between ability is up to personal preference. Intimidate is also usable to allow Tauros to switch in more often and maybe live a hit he wouldn't normally have been able to potentially survive more hits. However, Sheer Force works in conjunction with Life Orb nicely, and as Tauros has a lot of moves with secondary effects. Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Blast all gain a boost from Sheer Force. Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, so the primary move with Sheer Force should be Rock Climb. Also, Rock Slide would should be used over Stone Edge if Sheer Force is the chosen ability. It would have a little less Base Power than Stone Edge, but would have better accuracy, more PP, and would come without recoil.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Despite the upper set's extreme power, Tauros can still get walled quite easily. Eviolite Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus aren't 2HKOed by the above set. This set aims to fix that. With Work Up, Tauros is able to 2HKO all of the above simply by brute force at +1 with Stealth Rock and the appropriate move.</p>

<p>Work Up forms the basis of this set, mainly primarily to raise raising Tauros's Attack to sky-high levels, but also to increase raising his Special Attack enough to hit specific targets with coverage moves. Double-Edge is Tauros's strongest STAB move and hits like a cement truck of cement to any non- Ghost-, Rock-, or Steel-type. Rock Climb is also usable if the recoil is undesirable scares you. Stone Edge / Rock Slide provide further coverage and are one half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo. Ice Beam is also an option if Gligar scares you enough to make you want the OHKO instead of the 2HKO you Tauros gets would get with Double-Edge. Earthquake hits the Rock- and Steel-types that expect a resist Double-Edge hard.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set is so powerful, Here is a damage calculation to show you demonstrate what kind of strength Tauros wields at +1:</p>

<
<li>252 Adamant Hitmonchan Iron Fist Ice Punch vs 252/252 Impish Eviolite Gligar: 44.3% - 52.4% </li>
<li>+1 Tauros Life Orb Double-Edge vs 252/252 Impish Eviolite Gligar: 44.3% - 52.4% </li>

<p>That's right. The damage range of Tauros' Double Edge is the same as a 4x super effective attack with an ability boost! Tauros is extremely powerful at +1 and should not be underestimated. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed everything up to base 110, although Naive is also acceptable with Intimidate and Ice Beam, as it gets the OHKO at +1 on Gligar. With Sheer Force, however, Naive isn't needed to gain any notable KOs at all. Either Intimidate or Sheer Force can be used, but Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, and Stone Edge becomes less viable with it.</p>

<p>While the previous set didn't require much team support, this one both supports and needs support. This set of Tauros works well with those who want bulky walls such as Gligar out of the way. Durant is a good example, because he gets walled cold by Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus. Electivire works in the same vein, getting stopped by the above threats, although less so. The lack of a moveslot for Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast leaves Tauros open to getting beaten by Ferroseed, Durant, or bulky Fighting-types. Take note, though, that Durant would have to 2HKO Tauros, so he could be played around. Magneton can easily take care of the former two, hitting 4x super effectively with a Hidden Power Fire. Cofagrigus can easily handle the latter by spreading around burns.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Normal-types often do, Tauros has an extensive movepool. He has a plethora of specially based moves, but doesn't have the Special Attack stat to utilize them. The only ones worth considering are Ice Beam and Fire Blast, and they should only be used to hit specific threats. Anger Point got kind of was nerfed in the generation jump, because ; it no longer works on Substitutes anymore. It should not be considered, because most critical hits would OHKO Tauros outright. Plus Besides, Tauros would really miss the benefits of his other abilities. Bulldoze might seem tempting as a replacement over Earthquake due to lack of recoil from Life Orb with Sheer Force, but the loss in power isn't worth it. Tauros also gets Wild Charge, which can be used to hit Alomomola. Pursuit isn't really worth a moveslot as much as one might think. Since Payback no longer hits for double the power on the switch, it should not be considered for a moveslot either.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Not very many Pokemon can switch in freely to Tauros without fear of being OHKOed or 2HKOed, but Tauros can still be easily played around. Gligar can take most attacks, but should watch out for the Work Up set or the occasional Ice Beam. Ferroseed can switch in easily if Tauros is not running Fire Blast and can paralyze him, thereby ruining his chances of sweeping. Bulky Fighting types can be troublesome if Tauros isn't running Zen Headbutt, but Double-Edge still does a hefty chunk. Faster Pokemon or Choice Scarfers can revenge kill Tauros. Sceptile is an example, having base 120 Speed and packing Leaf Storm to KO. Bulky Ghost-types, such as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus, (add comma) can wall Tauros for days. Steelix can live two Earthquakes, and sometimes two Fire Blasts and strike back with a strong Earthquake. Tangrowth walls Tauros, but is 2HKOed by Fire Blast. Maximum Defense Claydol can switch in on any move but Rock Climb and Double-Edge and spam Earth Power. Sharpedo outspeeds Tauros after at +1 and a Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO. Priority is a simple way to defeat Tauros,; and Absol and Honchkrow can both easily revenge Tauros with Sucker Punch are good examples of this.</p>

GP check

Unofficial GP check

Additions
Removals
Comments (do not add)

[Overview]

<p>Tauros hasn't changed much throughout the generations. He's always been This quick and powerful bull received new toys to work with in Black and White. This generation is no exception. He did get a few changes during the generation change, however. Tauros was given the hidden Dream World ability Sheer Force, boosting the power of moves that have added effects. He also gained the move an Attack-boosting move in Work Up, which is useful to break through mixed walls. (Do not remove the period.) Sadly, this is his only stat boosting move. While his Attack and Speed are great, his defenses are mediocre and his typing is downright awful. All in all, Tauros can't function to his fullest extent without team support to cover his flaws.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Tauros is renowned for being very strong his strength,. Wwielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros' STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which will deal massive damage to all those who don't resist it. However, if the sharp recoil from Double-Edge displeases you, Rock Climb is a suitable replacement, and works well with Sheer Force. Earthquake is helpful to get a super effective hit on Rock- or Steel-types that switch in predicting a Double-Edge. Stone Edge is used to provide further coverage (What does it cover? Explain that to the reader.), but if you're concerned about its shaky accuracy, Rock Slide can replace it, and has a Sheer Force boost. The final moveslot is to hit specific threats. Zen Headbutt can be used if you want a stronger hit on Fighting-types who might survive a Double-Edge and respond with a STAB move. Fire Blast can be used to hit Durant and Ferroseed for 4x super effective damage. Even with a Jolly nature, Fire Blast will OHKO 4 / 0 Durant. It also scores a harder hit on Ferroseed than Earthquake would. It also carries the element of surprise with it: most people won't expect a Pokemon with base 100 Attack and 40 Special Attack to run a special move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is also viable in the first slot to hit hard and has no drawbacks. Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize power, yet still switch moves. It also works well with Sheer Force; it might even bluff a Choice item. A Jolly nature with maximum Speed is used to tie with all base 110s. A Naive nature is also an option to get a stronger hit with Fire Blast, but the only value of it is to always 2HKO Steelix. Tauros's (This is the correct way of showing ownership for Tauros. Use Tauros' if you want a plural.) Attack is maxed out to dish out the most damage, and the rest is put leftover EVs land in HP to give a tiny bit of added bulk. Ice Beam can be run in the last slot to hit freeze Gligar, but provides no further coverage beyond that. Flamethrower is also an option over Fire Blast, but the power is usually worth the drop in accuracy.</p>

<p>Bulky Ghost-types, such as Cofagrigus, with Will-O-Wisp can shut Tauros down instantly. That's why it's recommended to carry a Fire type or a teammate with Guts to counter the bulky Ghost-type. Choice Band Emboar can switch in a Will-O-Wisp and crush bones with his powerful Flare Blitz. Magmortar or and Swellow don't mind Will-O-Wisps and can fire off powerful 120 Base Power STAB moves. Take note that most Guts users will only work as a counter to Cofagrigus one time, because once they make physical contact with Cofagrigus, their Guts ability turns transforms into Mummy. and This means that they will no longer get the Attack boost from the burn. Steelix also can cause trouble, not being 2HKOed by any move bar save for Naive Fire Blast. Again, Fire-types make excellent teammates, scaring Steelix off with the prospect of super effective STAB moves.</p>

<p>The choice between ability is up to personal preference. Intimidate is also usable to allow Tauros to switch in more often and maybe live a hit he wouldn't normally have been able to. However, Sheer Force works in conjunction with Life Orb nicely, and Tauros has a lot of moves with secondary effects. Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Blast are all gain a boost from powered up by Sheer Force. Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, so the primary move with Sheer Force should be Rock Climb. Also, Rock Slide would be used over Stone Edge in the event that Sheer Force is the ability. It would have a little less Base Power than Stone Edge, but would have better accuracy, more PP, and would come without Life Orb recoil.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Despite the upper set Physical Attacker's extreme great power, Tauros can still get walled quite easily. Eviolite Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus aren't 2HKOed by the above set. This set aims to fix that. With Work Up, Tauros is able to 2HKO all of the above simply by brute force at +1 with Stealth Rock damage and the appropriate move.</p>

<p>Work Up forms the basis of this set, mainly raising Tauros' Attack sky-high, but also and raising his Special Attack enough to hit specific targets with coverage moves. Double-Edge is Tauros's strongest STAB move and hits like a truck of cement to any non-(space)Ghost-, Rock-, or Steel-type. Rock Climb is also usable if absorbing recoil scares is not your cup of tea. Stone Edge /or Rock Slide provide further coverage and are one a half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo. Ice Beam is also an option if Gligar scares you enough to make you want the OHKO instead of the 2HKO you would get with Double-Edge needs to be OHKOed. Earthquake hits the Rock- and Steel-types that expect a Double-Edge hard.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set is so powerful,; here is a damage calculation to show you what kind of strength Tauros wields at +1:</p>

<
<li>252 Atk Adamant Hitmonchan Iron Fist Ice Punch vs 252/252 Impish Eviolite Gligar: 44.3% - 52.4% </li>

<p>That's right. The damage range of Tauros's Double-(space)Edge is the same as a 4x super effective attack with an ability boost.! Tauros is extremely very powerful at +1 and should not be underestimated. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed everything up to base 110 Speed, although a Naive nature is also acceptable with Intimidate and Ice Beam, as it gets the OHKO at +1 on Gligar. With Sheer Force, however, Naive isn't needed to gain any notable KOs at all. Either Intimidate or Sheer Force can be used, but Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, and Stone Edge becomes less viable with it (What's "it"?).</p>

<p>While the previous set didn't require much team support, this one both supports and needs support. This set of Tauros works well with those who want bulky walls such as Gligar out of the way. Durant is a good example, because he gets walled cold by Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus. Electivire works in the same vein, getting stopped by the above threats , although less so. The lack of a moveslot for Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast leaves Tauros open to getting beaten by Ferroseed, Durant, or bulky Fighting-types. Take note, though, that Durant would have to 2HKO Tauros, so he could be played around. Magneton can easily take care of the former two, hitting 4x super effectively with a Hidden Power Fire. Cofagrigus can easily handle the latter by spreading around burns around with Will-O-Wisp.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Normal-types often do, Tauros has an extensive movepool. He has a plethora of specially based moves, but doesn't have the Special Attack stat to utilize take advantage of them. The only ones worth considering are Ice Beam and Fire Blast, and they should only be used to hit specific threats. Anger Point got kind of nerfed in the generation jump, because it no longer works on Substitutes anymore. It should not be considered, because most critical hits would OHKO Tauros outright. Plus In addition, Tauros would really miss the benefits of his other abilities. Bulldoze might seem tempting as a replacement over Earthquake due to lack of recoil from Life Orb with Sheer Force, but the loss in power isn't worth it. Tauros also gets Wild Charge, which can be used to hit Alomomola. Pursuit isn't really worth a moveslot as much as one might think. (How?) Since Payback no longer hits for double the power on the switch, it should not be considered for a moveslot.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Not very many Pokemon can switch in freely to Tauros without fear of being OHKOed or 2HKOed, but Tauros can still be easily played around. Gligar can take most attacks, but should watch keep an eye out for the Work Up set or the occasional Ice Beam. Ferroseed can switch in easily if Tauros is not running carrying Fire Blast and can paralyze him, thereby ruining his chances of sweeping. Bulky Fighting-(space)types can be troublesome if Tauros isn't running without Zen Headbutt, but Double-Edge still does a hefty chunk. Faster Pokemon or Choice Scarf(space)users can revenge kill Tauros. Sceptile is an example, having packing base 120 Speed and packing Leaf Storm to OHKO. Bulky Ghost-types, such as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus can wall Tauros for days. Steelix can live two Earthquakes, and sometimes two Fire Blasts and strike back with a strong Earthquake. Tangrowth walls Tauros, but is 2HKOed by Fire Blast. Maximum Defense Claydol can switch in on any move but Rock Climb and spam Earth Power. Sharpedo outspeeds Tauros after +1 a Speed Boost and a Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO. Finally, pPriority moves are is a simple way to defeat Tauros, and Absol and Honchkrow with Sucker Punch are good examples of this.</p>

Two words: Terrible prose The prose is somewhat terrible. For example, you would want to remove the fluff from sentences. You will also want to explain to readers how something works; do not assume that they know what they are reading.

Updated with the GP checks

Unofficial GP check

Additions
Removals
Comments (do not add)

[Overview]

<p>Tauros hasn't changed much throughout the generations. He's always been This quick and powerful bull received new toys to work with in Black and White. This generation is no exception. He did get a few changes during the generation change, however. Tauros was given the hidden Dream World ability Sheer Force, boosting the power of moves that have added effects. He also gained the move an Attack-boosting move in Work Up, which is useful to break through mixed walls. (Do not remove the period.) Sadly, this is his only stat boosting move. While his Attack and Speed are great, his defenses are mediocre and his typing is downright awful. All in all, Tauros can't function to his fullest extent without team support to cover his flaws.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Tauros is renowned for being very strong his strength,. Wwielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros' STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which will deal massive damage to all those who don't resist it. However, if the sharp recoil from Double-Edge displeases you, Rock Climb is a suitable replacement, and works well with Sheer Force. Earthquake is helpful to get a super effective hit on Rock- or Steel-types that switch in predicting a Double-Edge. Stone Edge is used to provide further coverage (What does it cover? Explain that to the reader.), but if you're concerned about its shaky accuracy, Rock Slide can replace it, and has a Sheer Force boost. The final moveslot is to hit specific threats. Zen Headbutt can be used if you want a stronger hit on Fighting-types who might survive a Double-Edge and respond with a STAB move. Fire Blast can be used to hit Durant and Ferroseed for 4x super effective damage. Even with a Jolly nature, Fire Blast will OHKO 4 / 0 Durant. It also scores a harder hit on Ferroseed than Earthquake would. It also carries the element of surprise with it: most people won't expect a Pokemon with base 100 Attack and 40 Special Attack to run a special move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is also viable in the first slot to hit hard and has no drawbacks. Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize power, yet still switch moves. It also works well with Sheer Force; it might even bluff a Choice item. A Jolly nature with maximum Speed is used to tie with all base 110s. A Naive nature is also an option to get a stronger hit with Fire Blast, but the only value of it is to always 2HKO Steelix. Tauros's (This is the correct way of showing ownership for Tauros. Use Tauros' if you want a plural.) Attack is maxed out to dish out the most damage, and the rest is put leftover EVs land in HP to give a tiny bit of added bulk. Ice Beam can be run in the last slot to hit freeze Gligar, but provides no further coverage beyond that. Flamethrower is also an option over Fire Blast, but the power is usually worth the drop in accuracy.</p>

<p>Bulky Ghost-types, such as Cofagrigus, with Will-O-Wisp can shut Tauros down instantly. That's why it's recommended to carry a Fire type or a teammate with Guts to counter the bulky Ghost-type. Choice Band Emboar can switch in a Will-O-Wisp and crush bones with his powerful Flare Blitz. Magmortar or and Swellow don't mind Will-O-Wisps and can fire off powerful 120 Base Power STAB moves. Take note that most Guts users will only work as a counter to Cofagrigus one time, because once they make physical contact with Cofagrigus, their Guts ability turns transforms into Mummy. and This means that they will no longer get the Attack boost from the burn. Steelix also can cause trouble, not being 2HKOed by any move bar save for Naive Fire Blast. Again, Fire-types make excellent teammates, scaring Steelix off with the prospect of super effective STAB moves.</p>

<p>The choice between ability is up to personal preference. Intimidate is also usable to allow Tauros to switch in more often and maybe live a hit he wouldn't normally have been able to. However, Sheer Force works in conjunction with Life Orb nicely, and Tauros has a lot of moves with secondary effects. Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Blast are all gain a boost from powered up by Sheer Force. Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, so the primary move with Sheer Force should be Rock Climb. Also, Rock Slide would be used over Stone Edge in the event that Sheer Force is the ability. It would have a little less Base Power than Stone Edge, but would have better accuracy, more PP, and would come without Life Orb recoil.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Despite the upper set Physical Attacker's extreme great power, Tauros can still get walled quite easily. Eviolite Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus aren't 2HKOed by the above set. This set aims to fix that. With Work Up, Tauros is able to 2HKO all of the above simply by brute force at +1 with Stealth Rock damage and the appropriate move.</p>

<p>Work Up forms the basis of this set, mainly raising Tauros' Attack sky-high, but also and raising his Special Attack enough to hit specific targets with coverage moves. Double-Edge is Tauros's strongest STAB move and hits like a truck of cement to any non-(space)Ghost-, Rock-, or Steel-type. Rock Climb is also usable if absorbing recoil scares is not your cup of tea. Stone Edge /or Rock Slide provide further coverage and are one a half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo. Ice Beam is also an option if Gligar scares you enough to make you want the OHKO instead of the 2HKO you would get with Double-Edge needs to be OHKOed. Earthquake hits the Rock- and Steel-types that expect a Double-Edge hard.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set is so powerful,; here is a damage calculation to show you what kind of strength Tauros wields at +1:</p>

<

<p>That's right. The damage range of Tauros's Double-(space)Edge is the same as a 4x super effective attack with an ability boost.! Tauros is extremely very powerful at +1 and should not be underestimated. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed everything up to base 110 Speed, although a Naive nature is also acceptable with Intimidate and Ice Beam, as it gets the OHKO at +1 on Gligar. With Sheer Force, however, Naive isn't needed to gain any notable KOs at all. Either Intimidate or Sheer Force can be used, but Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, and Stone Edge becomes less viable with it (What's "it"?).</p>

<p>While the previous set didn't require much team support, this one both supports and needs support. This set of Tauros works well with those who want bulky walls such as Gligar out of the way. Durant is a good example, because he gets walled cold by Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus. Electivire works in the same vein, getting stopped by the above threats , although less so. The lack of a moveslot for Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast leaves Tauros open to getting beaten by Ferroseed, Durant, or bulky Fighting-types. Take note, though, that Durant would have to 2HKO Tauros, so he could be played around. Magneton can easily take care of the former two, hitting 4x super effectively with a Hidden Power Fire. Cofagrigus can easily handle the latter by spreading around burns around with Will-O-Wisp.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Normal-types often do, Tauros has an extensive movepool. He has a plethora of specially based moves, but doesn't have the Special Attack stat to utilize take advantage of them. The only ones worth considering are Ice Beam and Fire Blast, and they should only be used to hit specific threats. Anger Point got kind of nerfed in the generation jump, because it no longer works on Substitutes anymore. It should not be considered, because most critical hits would OHKO Tauros outright. Plus In addition, Tauros would really miss the benefits of his other abilities. Bulldoze might seem tempting as a replacement over Earthquake due to lack of recoil from Life Orb with Sheer Force, but the loss in power isn't worth it. Tauros also gets Wild Charge, which can be used to hit Alomomola. Pursuit isn't really worth a moveslot as much as one might think. (How?) Since Payback no longer hits for double the power on the switch, it should not be considered for a moveslot.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Not very many Pokemon can switch in freely to Tauros without fear of being OHKOed or 2HKOed, but Tauros can still be easily played around. Gligar can take most attacks, but should watch keep an eye out for the Work Up set or the occasional Ice Beam. Ferroseed can switch in easily if Tauros is not running carrying Fire Blast and can paralyze him, thereby ruining his chances of sweeping. Bulky Fighting-(space)types can be troublesome if Tauros isn't running without Zen Headbutt, but Double-Edge still does a hefty chunk. Faster Pokemon or Choice Scarf(space)users can revenge kill Tauros. Sceptile is an example, having packing base 120 Speed and packing Leaf Storm to OHKO. Bulky Ghost-types, such as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus can wall Tauros for days. Steelix can live two Earthquakes, and sometimes two Fire Blasts and strike back with a strong Earthquake. Tangrowth walls Tauros, but is 2HKOed by Fire Blast. Maximum Defense Claydol can switch in on any move but Rock Climb and spam Earth Power. Sharpedo outspeeds Tauros after +1 a Speed Boost and a Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO. Finally, pPriority moves are is a simple way to defeat Tauros, and Absol and Honchkrow with Sucker Punch are good examples of this.</p>

Two words: Terrible prose The prose is somewhat terrible. For example, you would want to remove the fluff from sentences. You will also want to explain to readers how something works; do not assume that they know what they are reading.
and i think i have terrible prose because i'm not very good at writing formally

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, I missed this before:
<p>Tauros is renowned for his strength. Wielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros's STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which will deal massive damage to all who don't resist it.
Again, just remember that even though 'Tauros' ends with an 's', it's singular, so any possessive form should have an 's' after the apostrophe.

Remove
Add/Change

[Overview]

<p>Tauros hasn't changed much throughout the generations. He's always been quick and powerful, and this generation is no exception. Tauros did, however, gained a few tools from the transition into Black and White. Tauros was given the Dream World ability Sheer Force, boosting the power of moves that have additional effects. He also gained the move Work Up, which is useful to break through walls. Sadly, this is his only stat boosting move. Unfortunately, the good news for Tauros ends here. While his Attack and Speed are great, his defenses are mediocre and his typing is downright awful. All in all, Tauros can't function to his fullest extent without team support to cover his flaws.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Tauros is renowned for his strength. Wielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros's STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which will deals massive damage to all who don't resist it. However, if the large recoil from Double-Edge is displeasing, Rock Climb is a suitable replacement, and works well with Sheer Force. Earthquake is helpful to get a super effective hit on Rock- or Steel-types that switch in predicting a Double-Edge. Stone Edge is used to provide further coverage, forming one half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo, hitting Flying- and Ice-types super effectively. But, if you're concerned about its shaky accuracy, Rock Slide, which is boosted by Sheer Force, can replace it. The final moveslot is to hit specific threats. Zen Headbutt can be used if you want a stronger hit on Fighting-types who might survive a Double-Edge and potentially KO Tauros with a STAB move. On the other hand, Fire Blast can be used to hit Durant and Ferroseed for 4x super effective damage. Even with a Jolly nature, Fire Blast will OHKO 4 / 0 Durant. It also scores a harder hit on Ferroseed than Earthquake would. Fire Blast also carries an element of surprise: most people won't expect a Pokemon with base 40 Special Attack to run a special move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is also viable in the first slot to hit hard without any drawbacks. Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize power, while retaining the ability to switch moves. It also works well with Sheer Force; as Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil on boosted moves, it can allow Tauros to bluff a Choice item. A Jolly nature with maximum Speed is used to tie all base 110 speed Pokemon. A Naive nature is also an option to get a stronger hit with Fire Blast, but the only value of it is to always 2HKO Steelix. Tauros's Attack is maxed out to dish out the most damage, and the rest is put in HP to give a tiny bit of added bulk. Ice Beam can be run in the last slot to hit Gligar, but provides no further coverage beyond that. Flamethrower is also an option over Fire Blast, but the power is usually worth the drop in accuracy.</p>

<p>Bulky Ghost-types, such as Cofagrigus, can shut Tauros down instantly. That's why it's recommended to carry a Fire-type or a teammate with Guts to counter bulky Ghost-types. Choice Band Emboar can switch in a Will-O-Wisp and crush bones with his powerful Flare Blitz. Magmortar and Swellow don't mind Will-O-Wisps and can fire off powerful 120 Base Power STAB moves. Take note that most Guts users will only work as a counter to Cofagrigus one time, because once they make physical contact with Cofagrigus, their Guts ability becomes Mummy. This means they will no longer get the Attack boost from the burn. Steelix also can cause trouble, not being 2HKOed by any move save for Naive Fire Blast. Again, Fire-types make excellent teammates, scaring Steelix off with the prospect of super effective STAB moves.</p>

<p>The choice between Tauros's abilities are up to personal preference. Intimidate is usable to allow Tauros to switch in more often and potentially survive more hits. However, Sheer Force works in conjunction with Life Orb nicely, as Tauros has a lot of moves with secondary effects. Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Blast are all powered up by Sheer Force. Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, so the primary move with Sheer Force should be Rock Climb. Rock Slide should be used over Stone Edge if Sheer Force is the chosen ability. It would have a little less Base Power than Stone Edge, but would have better accuracy, more PP, and would come without Life Orb recoil.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Despite the physical attacker's great power, Tauros can still get walled quite easily. Eviolite Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus aren't 2HKOed by the above set. This set aims to fix that. With Work Up, Tauros is able to 2HKO all of the above simply by brute force at +1 with Stealth Rock and the appropriate move.</p>

<p>Work Up forms the basis of this set raising Tauros's Attack to sky-high levels and his Special Attack enough to hit specific targets with coverage moves. Double-Edge is Tauros's strongest STAB move and hits like a cement truck to on any non-Ghost-, Rock-, or Steel-type. Rock Climb is also usable if the recoil is undesirable. Stone Edge or Rock Slide provide further coverage and are one half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo. Ice Beam is also an option if Gligar needs to be OHKOed instead of 2HKOed. Earthquake hits the Rock- and Steel-types that resist Double-Edge.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Here is a damage calculation to demonstrate what kind of strength Tauros wields at +1:</p>

<

<p>The damage range of Tauros's Double-Edge is the same as a 4x super effective attack with an ability boost. Tauros is very powerful at +1 and should not be underestimated. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed everything up to base 110 Speed, although a Naive nature is also acceptable with Intimidate and Ice Beam, as it gets the OHKO at +1 on Gligar. With Sheer Force, however, Naive isn't needed to gain any notable KOs at all. Either Intimidate or Sheer Force can be used, but Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, and Stone Edge becomes less viable with Sheer Force.</p>

<p>While the previous set didn't require much team support, this one both supports and needs support. This set of Tauros works well with those who want bulky walls such as Gligar out of the way. Durant is a good example, because he gets walled cold by Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus. Electivire works in the same vein, getting stopped by the above threats, although less so. The lack of a moveslot for Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast leaves Tauros open to getting beaten by Ferroseed, Durant, or bulky Fighting-types. Take note, though, that Durant would have to 2HKO Tauros, so he could be played around. Magneton can easily take care of the former two, hitting 4x super effectively with a Hidden Power Fire. , while Cofagrigus can easily handle the latter by spreading burns around with Will-O-Wisp.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Normal-types often do, Tauros has an extensive movepool. He has a plethora of specially based moves, but doesn't have the Special Attack stat to take advantage of them. The only ones worth considering are Ice Beam and Fire Blast, and they should only be used to hit specific threats. Anger Point was nerfed in the generation jump; it no longer works on Substitutes. It should not be considered, because most critical hits would will OHKO Tauros outright. Besides, Tauros would really miss the benefits of his other abilities. Bulldoze might seem tempting as a replacement over Earthquake due to lack of recoil from Life Orb with Sheer Force, but the loss in power isn't worth it. Tauros also gets Wild Charge, which can be used to hit Alomomola. Pursuit isn't really worth a moveslot as much as one might think. There are better Pokemon to do the job, and it can be tough to find a moveslot for Pursuit. Since Payback no longer hits for double the power on the switch, it should not be considered for a moveslot either.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Not very There aren't many Pokemon that can freely switch in freely to Tauros without fear of being OHKOed or 2HKOed, but Tauros can still be easily played around. Gligar can take most attacks, but should watch out for the Work Up set or the occasional Ice Beam. Ferroseed can switch in easily if Tauros is not carrying Fire Blast and can paralyze him, thereby ruining his chances of sweeping. Bulky Fighting types can be troublesome if Tauros is without Zen Headbutt, but Double-Edge still does a hefty chunk. Faster Pokemon or Choice Scarf users can revenge kill Tauros. Sceptile is an example, packing base 120 Speed and Leaf Storm to OHKO. Bulky Ghost-types, such as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus, can wall Tauros for days. Steelix can live two Earthquakes, and sometimes two Fire Blasts and strike back with a strong Earthquake. Tangrowth walls Tauros, but is 2HKOed by Fire Blast. Maximum Defense Claydol can switch in on any move but Double-Edge or Rock Climb and spam Earth Power. Sharpedo outspeeds Tauros after a Speed Boost and a Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO. Finally, priority moves are a simple way to defeat Tauros; Absol and Honchkrow can both easily revenge Tauros with Sucker Punch.</p>
Amateur GP check in progress

EDIT: Done

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
placeholder
check is done

remove
add
comments
change case

[Overview]

<p>Tauros hasn't changed much throughout the generations. He's always been quick and powerful., (remove period, add comma) and this generation is no exception. He Tauros did, however, gain some tools from the transition into Black and White. get a few changes during the generation change, however. Tauros was given the Dream World ability Sheer Force, boosting the power of moves that have added additional effects. He also gained the move Work Up, which is useful to break through mixed walls. Sadly, this is his only stat boosting move. Unfortunately, the good news for Tauros ends here. While his Attack and Speed are great, his defenses are mediocre and his typing is downright awful. All in all, Tauros can't function to his fullest extent without team support to cover his flaws.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Tauros is renowned for being very strong. Wielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros' STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which will deal massive damage to all those who don't resist it. However, if the sharp large recoil from Double-Edge is displeasing, displeases you, Rock Climb is a suitable replacement, and works well with Sheer Force. Earthquake is helpful to get a super effective hit on Rock- or Steel-types that switch in predicting a Double-Edge. Stone Edge is used to provide further coverage, but if you're concerned about its shaky accuracy, Rock Slide, which is boosted by Sheer Force, can replace it, and has a Sheer Force boost. The final moveslot is to hit specific threats. Zen Headbutt can be used if you want a stronger hit on Fighting-types who might survive a Double-Edge and potentially KO Tauros respond with a STAB move. On the other hand, Fire Blast can be used to hit Durant and Ferroseed for 4x super effective damage. Even with a Jolly nature, Fire Blast will OHKO 4 / 0 Durant. It also scores a harder hit on Ferroseed than Earthquake would. It also Fire Blast also carries the an element of surprise with it: most people won't expect a Pokemon with base 100 Attack and 40 Special Attack to run a special move. (I have some doubts about the previous sentence but I guess it's not my place -- would it really be an element of surprise if it's in the official analysis? :P)</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is also viable in the first slot to hit hard and has no without any drawbacks. Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize power while retaining the ability to , (remove comma) yet still switch moves. It also works well with Sheer Force; as Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil on boosted moves, it can allow Tauros to it might bluff a Choice item. Jolly nature with maximum Speed is used to tie all other base 110s speed Pokemon. Naive is also an option to get a stronger hit with Fire Blast, but the only value of it is to always 2HKO Steelix. Tauros's (you're referring to Tauros in a singular sense) Attack is maxed out to dish out the most damage, and the rest is put in HP to give a tiny bit of added bulk. Ice Beam can be run in the last slot to hit Gligar, but provides no further coverage beyond that. Flamethrower is also an option over Fire Blast, but the power is usually worth the drop in accuracy.</p>

<p>Bulky Ghost-types with Will-O-Wisp, such as Cofagrigus, with Will-O-Wisp can shut Tauros down instantly. That's why it's recommended to carry a Fire-(insert hyphen)type or a teammate with Guts to counter the bulky Ghost-types. Choice Band Emboar can switch in a Will-O-Wisp and crush bones with his powerful Flare Blitz. Magmortar or Swellow don't mind Will-O-Wisps and can fire off powerful 120 Base Power STAB moves. Take note that most Guts users will only work as a counter to Cofagrigus one time, because once they make physical contact with Cofagrigus, their Guts turns to Mummy and they will no longer get the Attack boost from the burn. Steelix also can cause trouble, not being 2HKOed by any move bar Naive Fire Blast. Again, Fire-types make excellent teammates, scaring Steelix off with the prospect of super effective STAB moves.</p>

<p>The choice between ability is up to personal preference. Intimidate is also usable to allow Tauros to switch in more often and maybe live a hit he wouldn't normally have been able to potentially survive more hits. However, Sheer Force works in conjunction with Life Orb nicely, and as Tauros has a lot of moves with secondary effects. Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Blast all gain a boost from Sheer Force. Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, so the primary move with Sheer Force should be Rock Climb. Also, Rock Slide would should be used over Stone Edge if Sheer Force is the chosen ability. It would have a little less Base Power than Stone Edge, but would have better accuracy, more PP, and would come without recoil.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Despite the upper set's extreme power, Tauros can still get walled quite easily. Eviolite Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus aren't 2HKOed by the above set. This set aims to fix that. With Work Up, Tauros is able to 2HKO all of the above simply by brute force at +1 with Stealth Rock and the appropriate move.</p>

<p>Work Up forms the basis of this set, mainly primarily to raise raising Tauros's Attack to sky-high levels, but also to increase raising his Special Attack enough to hit specific targets with coverage moves. Double-Edge is Tauros's strongest STAB move and hits like a cement truck of cement to any non- Ghost-, Rock-, or Steel-type. Rock Climb is also usable if the recoil is undesirable scares you. Stone Edge / Rock Slide provide further coverage and are one half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo. Ice Beam is also an option if Gligar scares you enough to make you want the OHKO instead of the 2HKO you Tauros gets would get with Double-Edge. Earthquake hits the Rock- and Steel-types that expect a resist Double-Edge hard.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This set is so powerful, Here is a damage calculation to show you demonstrate what kind of strength Tauros wields at +1:</p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>252 Adamant Hitmonchan Iron Fist Ice Punch vs 252/252 Impish Eviolite Gligar: 44.3% - 52.4% </li>

<p>That's right. The damage range of Tauros' Double Edge is the same as a 4x super effective attack with an ability boost! Tauros is extremely powerful at +1 and should not be underestimated. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed everything up to base 110, although Naive is also acceptable with Intimidate and Ice Beam, as it gets the OHKO at +1 on Gligar. With Sheer Force, however, Naive isn't needed to gain any notable KOs at all. Either Intimidate or Sheer Force can be used, but Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, and Stone Edge becomes less viable with it.</p>

<p>While the previous set didn't require much team support, this one both supports and needs support. This set of Tauros works well with those who want bulky walls such as Gligar out of the way. Durant is a good example, because he gets walled cold by Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus. Electivire works in the same vein, getting stopped by the above threats, although less so. The lack of a moveslot for Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast leaves Tauros open to getting beaten by Ferroseed, Durant, or bulky Fighting-types. Take note, though, that Durant would have to 2HKO Tauros, so he could be played around. Magneton can easily take care of the former two, hitting 4x super effectively with a Hidden Power Fire. Cofagrigus can easily handle the latter by spreading around burns.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Normal-types often do, Tauros has an extensive movepool. He has a plethora of specially based moves, but doesn't have the Special Attack stat to utilize them. The only ones worth considering are Ice Beam and Fire Blast, and they should only be used to hit specific threats. Anger Point got kind of was nerfed in the generation jump, because ; it no longer works on Substitutes anymore. It should not be considered, because most critical hits would OHKO Tauros outright. Plus Besides, Tauros would really miss the benefits of his other abilities. Bulldoze might seem tempting as a replacement over Earthquake due to lack of recoil from Life Orb with Sheer Force, but the loss in power isn't worth it. Tauros also gets Wild Charge, which can be used to hit Alomomola. Pursuit isn't really worth a moveslot as much as one might think. Since Payback no longer hits for double the power on the switch, it should not be considered for a moveslot either.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Not very many Pokemon can switch in freely to Tauros without fear of being OHKOed or 2HKOed, but Tauros can still be easily played around. Gligar can take most attacks, but should watch out for the Work Up set or the occasional Ice Beam. Ferroseed can switch in easily if Tauros is not running Fire Blast and can paralyze him, thereby ruining his chances of sweeping. Bulky Fighting types can be troublesome if Tauros isn't running Zen Headbutt, but Double-Edge still does a hefty chunk. Faster Pokemon or Choice Scarfers can revenge kill Tauros. Sceptile is an example, having base 120 Speed and packing Leaf Storm to KO. Bulky Ghost-types, such as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus, (add comma) can wall Tauros for days. Steelix can live two Earthquakes, and sometimes two Fire Blasts and strike back with a strong Earthquake. Tangrowth walls Tauros, but is 2HKOed by Fire Blast. Maximum Defense Claydol can switch in on any move but Rock Climb and Double-Edge and spam Earth Power. Sharpedo outspeeds Tauros after at +1 and a Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO. Priority is a simple way to defeat Tauros,; and Absol and Honchkrow can both easily revenge Tauros with Sucker Punch are good examples of this.</p>
Stamping Woodchuck's GP Check

GP Approved (1/2)

I've seen you do post shit like this before, and I'm going to have to ask you to stop. Just tell the writer to remove the fluff. A lot of people here are new to writing analyses, so just focus on fixing it up. As people get more and more GP checks, they'll start to pick up what is needed in an analyses anyways. If you feel the prose is terrible, say it in a PM to a moderator, not in public.

Amateur check
Remove
Add

[Overview]

<p>Tauros hasn't changed much throughout the generations. He's always been quick and powerful, and this generation is no exception. Tauros did, however, gained a few tools from the transition into Black and White. Tauros was given the Dream World ability Sheer Force, which boostsing the power of moves that have additional effects. He also gained the move Work Up, which is useful to break through walls. Sadly, this is his only stat boosting move. Unfortunately, the good news for Tauros ends here. While his Attack and Speed are great, his defenses are mediocre and his typing is downright awful. All in all, Tauros can't function to his fullest extent without team support to cover his flaws.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Tauros is renowned for his strength. Wielding a STAB 120 Base Power move coupled with Life Orb and base 100 Attack, Tauros is very strong indeed. Tauros's STAB move of choice is Double-Edge, which deals massive damage to all who don't resist it. However, if the large recoil from Double-Edge is displeasing, Rock Climb is a suitable replacement, and works well with Sheer Force. Earthquake is helpful to get a super effective hit on Rock- or Steel-types that switch in predicting a Double-Edge. Stone Edge is used to provide further coverage, forming one half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo, hitting Flying- and Ice-types super effectively. But, if you're concerned about its shaky accuracy, Rock Slide, which is boosted by Sheer Force, can replace it. The final moveslot is to hit specific threats. Zen Headbutt can be used if you want a stronger hit on Fighting-types who might survive a Double-Edge and potentially KO Tauros with a STAB move. On the other hand, Fire Blast can be used to hit Durant and Ferroseed for 4x super effective damage. Even with a Jolly nature, Fire Blast will OHKO 4 / 0 Durant. It also scores a harder hit on Ferroseed than Earthquake would. Fire Blast also carries an element of surprise: most people won't expect a Pokemon with base 40 Special Attack to run a special move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Return is also viable in the first slot to hit hard without any drawbacks. Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize power, while retaining the ability to switch moves. It also works well with Sheer Force; as Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil on boosted moves, it can allow Tauros to bluff a Choice item. A Jolly nature with maximum Speed is used to tie with all base 110 speed Pokemon. A Naive nature is also an option to get a stronger hit with Fire Blast, but the only value of it is to always 2HKO Steelix. Tauros's Attack is maxed out to dish out the most damage, and the rest is put in HP to give a tiny bit of added bulk. Ice Beam can be run in the last slot to hit Gligar, but provides no further coverage beyond that. Flamethrower is also an option over Fire Blast, but the power is usually worth the drop in accuracy.</p>

<p>Bulky Ghost-types, such as Cofagrigus, shut Tauros down instantly. That's why it's recommended to carry a Fire-type or a teammate with Guts to counter bulky Ghost-types. Choice Band Emboar can switch in a Will-O-Wisp and crush bones with his powerful Flare Blitz. Magmortar and Swellow don't mind Will-O-Wisps and can fire off powerful 120 Base Power STAB moves. Take note that most Guts users will only work as a counter to Cofagrigus one time, because once they make physical contact with Cofagrigus, their Guts ability becomes Mummy. This means they will no longer get the Attack boost from the burn. Steelix also can cause trouble, not being 2HKOed by any move save for Naive Fire Blast. Again, Fire-types make excellent teammates, scaring Steelix off with the prospect of super effective STAB moves.</p>

<p>The choice between Tauros's abilities are up to personal preference. Intimidate is usable to allow Tauros to switch in more often and potentially survive more hits. However, Sheer Force works in conjunction with Life Orb nicely, as Tauros has a lot of moves with secondary effects. Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, and Fire Blast are all powered up by Sheer Force. Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, so the primary move with Sheer Force should be Rock Climb. Rock Slide should be used over Stone Edge if Sheer Force is the chosen ability. It would have a little less Base Power than Stone Edge, but would have better accuracy, more PP, and would come without Life Orb recoil.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Despite the physical attacker's great power, Tauros can still get walled quite easily. Eviolite Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus aren't 2HKOed by the above set. This set aims to fix that. With Work Up, Tauros is able to 2HKO all of the above simply by brute force at +1 with Stealth Rock and the appropriate move.</p>

<p>Work Up forms the basis of this set raising Tauros's Attack to sky-high levels and his Special Attack enough to hit specific targets with coverage moves. Double-Edge is Tauros's strongest STAB move and hits like a cement truck on any non-Ghost-, Rock-, or Steel-type. Rock Climb is also usable if the recoil is undesirable. Stone Edge or Rock Slide provide further coverage and are one half of the infamous Edge-Quake combo. Ice Beam is also an option if Gligar needs to be OHKOed instead of 2HKOed. Earthquake hits the Rock- and Steel-types that resist Double-Edge.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<

<p>The damage range of Tauros's Double-Edge is the same as a 4x super effective attack with an ability boost. Tauros is very powerful at +1 and should not be underestimated. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed everything up to base 110 Speed, although a Naive nature is also acceptable with Intimidate and Ice Beam, as it gets the OHKO on Gligar at +1 on Gligar. With Sheer Force, however, Naive isn't needed to gain any notable KOs at all. Either Intimidate or Sheer Force can be used, but Double-Edge is illegal with Sheer Force, and Stone Edge becomes less viable with Sheer Force.</p>

<p>While the previous set didn't require much team support, this one both supports and needs support. This set works well with those who want bulky walls such as Gligar out of the way. Durant is a good example, because he gets walled cold by Gligar, Steelix, and Cofagrigus. Electivire works in the same vein, getting stopped by the above threats, although less so. The lack of a moveslot for Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast leaves Tauros open to getting beaten by Ferroseed, Durant, or bulky Fighting-types. Take note, though, that Durant would have to 2HKO Tauros, so he could be played around. Magneton can easily take care of the former two, hitting 4x super effectively with a Hidden Power Fire, while Cofagrigus can easily handle the latter by spreading burns around with Will-O-Wisp.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>As Normal-types often do, Tauros has an extensive movepool. He has a plethora of specially based moves, but doesn't have the Special Attack stat to take advantage of them. The only ones worth considering are Ice Beam and Fire Blast, and they should only be used to hit specific threats. Anger Point was nerfed in the generation jump; it no longer works on Substitutes. It should not be considered, because most critical hits will OHKO Tauros outright. Besides, Tauros would really miss the benefits of his other abilities. Bulldoze might seem tempting as a replacement over Earthquake due to lack of recoil from Life Orb with Sheer Force, but the loss in power isn't worth it. Tauros also gets Wild Charge, which can be used to hit Alomomola. Pursuit isn't really worth a moveslot as much as one might think. There are better Pokemon to do the job, and it can be tough to find a moveslot for Pursuit. Since Payback no longer hits for double the power on the switch, it should not be considered for a moveslot either.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There aren't many Pokemon that can freely switch in to Tauros without fear of being OHKOed or 2HKOed, but Tauros can still be easily played around. Gligar can take most attacks, but should watch out for the Work Up set or the occasional Ice Beam. Ferroseed can switch in easily if Tauros is not carrying Fire Blast and can paralyze him, thereby ruining his chances of sweeping. Bulky Fighting types can be troublesome if Tauros is without Zen Headbutt, but Double-Edge still does a hefty chunk. Faster Pokemon or Choice Scarf users can revenge kill Tauros. Sceptile is an example, packing base 120 Speed and Leaf Storm to OHKO. Bulky Ghost-types, such as Dusknoir or Cofagrigus, can wall Tauros for days. Steelix can live two Earthquakes, and sometimes two Fire Blasts and strike back with a strong Earthquake. Tangrowth walls Tauros, but is 2HKOed by Fire Blast. Maximum Defense Claydol can switch in on any move but Double-Edge or Rock Climb and spam Earth Power. Sharpedo outspeeds Tauros after a Speed Boost and a Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO. Finally, priority moves are a simple way to defeat Tauros; Absol and Honchkrow can both easily revenge Tauros with Sucker Punch.</p>

Not much left for me to do. Just a few nitpicks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)