MixMence Is The Best Thing Since Free Cookies!!

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
MIXMENCE IS THE BEST THING SINCE FREE COOKIES!!

Hello Smogon! As you may have noticed, this is my first post. I'm here today with a pretty successful team that has worked for me both before and after the banning of Thundurus and Excadrill. Some of you may know me from Smogon's PO server, as I've played a ton of ladder matches. I've been lurking the forums for at least two or three months, so now I've finally decided to become part of the community. Anyways, check out my team, leave a rate, and use it if you want.​

Team Building Process

Believe it or not, the title is not completely misleading. The entire team is based around MixMence.

Added Ferrothorn for some defensive backbone.

Added Rotom-W as a special wallbreaker sort of.

Added Scizor for some powerful priority and good synergy with Rotom-W.

Added Ferrothorn's partner in crime Jellicent to sponge hits and deal some burns out.

Added a Scarf Heatran to check Thundurus.

Replaced Jellicent with Scarf Terrakion to counter Volcarona.​

Replaced Heatran with Life Orb Deoxys to help Salamence in the wall-breaking department.​

Team at a Glance

A Closer Look

Ya Good (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost

The face of the team. I think Salamence was banned in 4th gen for good reason. Its stellar offensive stats along with good speed just scream sweeper. This thing can rip holes in teams with no set-up at all. Draco Meteor is powerful STAB that wrecks anything that doesn't resist it. Earthquake allows it to hit Jirachi, Heatran, and Metagross among steels that resist. And Fire Blast utterly destroys Ferrothorn and Skarmory when they think they can wall me. Outrage is used as a last resort. when I'm gonna die to LO recoil soon anyway. The EV spread is standard, emphasizing Sp. Atk while still retaining a good amount of Attack, and the speed EVs allow it to outspeed Lucario. I will also test Moxie once the server gets updated (still won't allow Moxie + Outrage).

Ya Annoying (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

This is pretty much the standard Ferrothorn set. Spikes is very useful against stall teams, while other things that switch frequently are also hurt by it. Leech Seed is obvious, as it's the only way it will regain health other than Leftovers recovery. And Gyro Ball helps check speed-boosting sweepers such as Terrakion on the switch and Haxorus. Power Whip is good so Ferrothorn can beat all bulky waters including Vaporeon in the rain.

Ya Bad (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This is a standard Rotom-W that is one of the most unpredictable forces in today's metagame. Volt Switch is a given, and will deal a large chunk of damage to things while having that cool effect, possibly bringing it within range of Scizor's ultra-powerful priority. Hydro Pump is Rotom's best STAB, and Will-O-Wisp cripples things like Terrakion and Dragonite that rely on physical moves to deal large amounts of damage. Pain Split is best used on the switch when Rotom is at low HP to weaken walls or make set-up sweepers easier to deal with.

Ya Boss (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This is a standard Choice Band Scizor. Adamant with max attack investment gives Scizor an attack stat of 591 when equipped with a Choice Band. U-turn works great in tandem with Volt Switch, and Scizor gets great synergy with Rotom-W as well. Bullet Punch is obvious, 2HKOing Lati@s and OHKOing Terrakion and Kyurem. Superpower allows Scizor to mess up Ferrothorn, and Skarmory to an extent. I originally had Pursuit on this set, but at one point I replaced it with Quick Attack, but went back to Pursuit once I added Scarf Terrakion.

Ya Banded (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

This is a Scarf Terrakion that replaced Jellicent. I thought it would be the most expendable member of the team, as 95% of the time I'd rather send in Ferrothorn to sponge an Outrage or Draco Meteor. The name is misleading, and for good reason. It makes the opponent that flare of doubt whether I'm telling the truth or not. Jolly Nature and max Speed outspeed all base 105s and speed tie with opposing base 108s. Close Combat and Stone Edge get awesome coverage while also being STAB, X-Scissor hits Celebi and a few other things hard, and Earthquake is great when I have to deal with Jirachi and Toxicroak.

Ya Broken (Deoxys-S) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

This is a Life Orb Deoxys-S designed to break through the opponents walls and revenge kill almost anything in the game. This can also be used as a lead, and carries Stealth Rock to bluff a lead set. It can eradicate most spinners after they've come in to try to counter a lead set. Max speed is in hope that Deoxys can get in Stealth Rock before it gets Taunted by other Deoxys, and maximum Sp. Atk investment is to hit as hard as possible. This will not be going up against other Deoxys, so Taunt is a waste of a moveslot. Psycho Boost is for STAB, and BoltBeam gets that great coverage.

Importable!

- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Ya Annoying (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ya Bad (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 140 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ya Boss (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Ya Banded (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Ya Good (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost
Final Look
(09:18:35) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 121/48445 [1327 points / 1089 battles]!

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
Comprehensive Threatlist

Offensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - mostly Terrakion, although Rotom-W can OHKO with Hydro Pump if it doesn't invest in Sp. Def or HP
  • Choice Scarf - same as Choice Band
  • Dragon Dance - Terrakion if it's at +1, Scizor if not; Salamence can also Intimidate it
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Ferrothorn and Scizor can wall it if it lacks HP Fire, Salamence if lacks HP Ice, Terrakion OHKOs with Close Combat
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - Salamence Intimidates it and OHKOs with Fire Blast, Rotom-W OHKOs with HP Fire, Heatran walls it and can use either STAB move
  • Swords Dance - bigger issue than Choice Band, but Heatran still deals with it fine
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - Heatran 2HKOs most through Multiscale with HP Ice, Scizor can Bullet Punch, Terrakion can use Stone Edge
  • Dragon Dance - if it goes with Fire Punch, it can't beat Heatran; if it goes with EQ, it can't beat Ferro or sometimes Scizor
  • Mixed - can't beat both Heatran and Terrakion
  • Parashuffler - same checks as other sets
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf - hit hard by Rotom-W, has to rely on Focus Blast to beat Ferrothorn; hard hits will break through it eventually
Heatran:
  • Standard - beaten by Terrakion and Rotom-W, and Salamence and Heatran if it lacks a Balloon
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - hit hard by Salamence on both ends, of the spectrum, Terrakion does decent damage and Heatran can get rid of it before it sets up a CM or two
Latios:
  • Life Orb - Heatran, Terrakion, and Scizor can do decent damage
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - same as Life Orb
  • Calm Mind - relying more on Scizor and Terrakion
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind - Scizor and Salamence to an extent, as well as Rotom-W
  • Offensive Trick Room - Ferrothorn can stall out TR until Scizor can come in
Deoxys-S:
  • Standard - lead with Scizor, U-Turn out to Terrakion
  • Dual Screens - same as standard
  • Life Orb Sweeper - Terrakion
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Heatran can beat it one-on-one; Salamence can Intimidate it
  • Dragon Dance - same as CB/Scarf
  • Double Dance - walled even more by Ferrothorn since it lacks Brick Break
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot - Terrakion beats it, Salamence takes little from any move and OHKOs, Rotom-W and Heatran are checks
  • Choice Specs - same as Nasty Plot
  • Special Attacker - same as other sets
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up - Salamence negates its Attack boost, Scizor walls it pretty well, Heatran and Terrakion aren't OHKOed by +0 Mach Punch
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper - Scizor if it lacks HP Fire and can take a +2 coverage move, Salamence, Terrakion
  • Tinkerbell - same as NP sweeper
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Scizor if it lacks HP Fire, otherwise Terrakion
Terrakion:
  • Double Dance - Scizor OHKOs with Bullet Punch, Salamence Intimidates, Heatran can do damage and Rotom-W if it survives a Close Combat
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - same as Double Dance
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Terrakion can use Stone Edge, Salamence can Intimidate
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Heatran and Terrakion outspeed and OHKO, Scizor OHKOs with Bullet Punch
Starmie:
  • Life Orb - Ferrothorn walls it, Rotom-W if it survives a Tbolt, Terrakion and Heatran outspeed, Scizor has priority
  • Rapid Spin - same as Life Orb
  • Choice Specs - same as other sets
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance - SD is revenge killed by Heatran, Rock Polish can't hit Ferrothorn hard enough
  • Choice Scarf - walled by Ferrothorn if it lacks Hammer Arm, Intimidated by Salamence, Terrakion if it's not locked into EQ, Rotom-W
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - still walled by Ferrothorn, can't beat Scizor, Rotom-W has Hydro Pump
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker - Intimidated by Salamence, Rotom-W if it lacks Grass Knot and can survive a Close Combat, Heatran and Terrakion outspeed
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - Salamence, Heatran, Rotom-W, Terrakion
  • Choice Band - Intimidated by Salamence, has to be locked into Mach Punch to beat Heatran or Terrakion
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance - Terrakion outspeeds at +1
  • Bulky Quiver Dance - Terrakion outspeeds at +2
  • Chesto Rest - same as Offensive QD
  • Substitute - still can't hit Terrakion hard enough, otherwise Heatran
Magnezone:
  • Substitute - Heatran, Terrakion, Salamence, Rotom-W
  • Choice Scarf - same as Sub
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind - Scizor; Rotom-W can Trick it, after which it can't beat either Salamence or Ferrothorn
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance - Intimidated by Salamence, Scizor has priority, Terrakion
  • Mixed - Scizor, Terrakion, Heatran
  • Defensive - Heatran mainly, but Terrakion can do decent damage as well as Scizor if not Intimidated
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive - Terrakion always beats it
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Terrakion, Salamence, Heatran
Breloom:
  • Sub Seed - Intimidated by Salamence and Fire Blasted, Rotom with HP Fire and Heatran with Fire STAB
  • Sub Punch - same as SubSeed
Latias:
  • Calm Mind - Terrakion, Scizor if it lacks HP Fire
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance - Salamence Intimidates then EQs, Terrakion EQs, Heatran Earth Powers
  • Bulk Up - same as SD
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance - Intimidated by Salamence, Heatran and Terrakion both resist ESpeed and can OHKO
  • Nasty Plot - Salamence still outspeeds and resists Vaccuum Wave
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind - Salamence Outrages, Terrakion Close Combats, and Heatran goes for Overheat before too many CMs are set up, also Scizor
  • Swords Dance - Salamence can now Fire Blast, and Heatran doesn't have to worry as much, Scizor still
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance - Salamence Intimidates, Terrakion OHKOs
  • Bulk Up - same as DD
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth - Terrakion outspeeds a neutral nature and does decent damage, Scizor can Bullet Punch
  • Mixed Growth - same as Special Growth
  • SubSeed - can't really touch Rotom-W or Salamence
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock - Intimidated by Salamence, beaten by Rotom-W, can't touch Scizor
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - same as Stealth Rock
  • Agility - can't beat Ferrothorn
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker - outsped by Heatran and Terrakion, Intimidated by Salamence
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - still outsped by Terrakion, and by Heatran if it lacks a Scarf; Inimidated by Salamence
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash - Intimidated by Salamence; Ferrothorn and Rotom-W can take a +2 Icicle Spear and Rock Blast if at full health
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker - handled in some way by literally every member of the team except Salamence, who can Intimidate it
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf - Intimidated by Salamence, Terrakion, Rotom-W if it can take whatever is thrown at it
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser - Terrakion, Scizor's Bullet Punch
Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive - Terrakion, Scizor
Rotom-W:
  • Standard - Terrakion, Salamence; Ferrothorn walls it
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard - everything except Ferrothorn
Politoed:
  • Defensive - Rotom-W, Ferrothorn
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance - Heatran, Rotom-W
  • Substitute + Protect - same as SD
  • AcroBat - same as other sets
  • Defensive - same as other sets
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive - Terrakion, Salamence, Rotom-W, Heatran
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive - Salamence, Heatran, Scizor can do some damage as well as Terrakion
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Heatran, Salamence, Rotom-W
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - same as physically defensive
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive - Salamence, Terrakion
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive - Scizor, Terrakion
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Heatran, Salamence, Rotom-W
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - same as physically defensive
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk - Rotom-W, Ferrothorn, Salamence can wear it down
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter - Rotom-W, Scizor outspeeds the standard spread and can use Pursuit, Salamence
Tentacruel:
  • Toxic Spikes - Terrakion, Rotom-W, Salamence
Gastrodon:
  • Tank - Ferrothorn, Scizor if it doesn't get burned by Scald on the switch-in
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens - Scizor, Terrakion
  • Baton Pass - same as Dual Screens
Blissey:
  • Support - Terrakion, Salamence, gets Tricked by Rotom-W
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support - Ferrothorn, Rotom-W
Latias:
  • Support - Scizor can trap it with Pursuit, Terrakion
Bronzong:
  • Tank - enough hard hitting attacks will eventually break it down
  • Dual Screens - same as Tank
Swampert:
  • Defensive - Ferrothorn, Rotom-W
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker - Scizor, Terrakion, any other hard-hitting move
Slowbro:
  • Tank - Scizor, Rotom-W, Ferrothorn if it lacks a Fire move
Quagsire:
  • Curse - Ferrothorn, Rotom-W can Trick it
  • Specially Defensive - same as Curse
  • Physically Defensive - same as other sets

Hey, pretty cool team you've got here. However, I do feel that some changes could definitely be made to improve it. First of all, having a Choice Scarf on both Terrakion and Heatran is irrelevant. The prior can already revenge kill everything the later can and more. I'd like to suggest changing Heatran's set to the standard offensive variant. This will let you use Stealth Rock on something other than Ferrothorn allowing it to use Spikes which will be very beneficial seeing how many switches your team forces.

To make Salamence even more dangerous I'd like to suggest that you try out the classic MixMence set. Roost allows it to have more staying power by healing off the damage taken by Stealth Rock and LO. This will let you cause more damage to your opponent overall and will make you an even more exceptional weapon against the forces of stall. Pair that with Brick Break and you've got one dangerous wallbreaker. Outrage and EQ are what should be replaced.

Finally, seeing how Rotom-W is your team's main way of dealing with Landorus, Gliscor, and several other threats I think that you should be using the standard set which has much more bulk and will make it easier to handle all of these Pokemon. You do lose power by not using the Choice Specs although the rest of your team can easily Overall, things look solid. Good team and good luck.

Sets:

Heatran @ Air Balloon / Leftovers
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
You can run Moxie and Outrage in case you weren't aware. It's now legal!
I knew this. I meant to say that the server won't allow it yet.

Hey, pretty cool team you've got here. However, I do feel that some changes could definitely be made to improve it. First of all, having a Choice Scarf on both Terrakion and Heatran is irrelevant. The prior can already revenge kill everything the later can and more. I'd like to suggest changing Heatran's set to the standard offensive variant. This will let you use Stealth Rock on something other than Ferrothorn allowing it to use Spikes which will be very beneficial seeing how many switches your team forces.

To make Salamence even more dangerous I'd like to suggest that you try out the classic MixMence set. Roost allows it to have more staying power by healing off the damage taken by Stealth Rock and LO. This will let you cause more damage to your opponent overall and will make you an even more exceptional weapon against the forces of stall. Pair that with Brick Break and you've got one dangerous wallbreaker. Outrage and EQ are what should be replaced.

Finally, seeing how Rotom-W is your team's main way of dealing with Landorus, Gliscor, and several other threats I think that you should be using the standard set which has much more bulk and will make it easier to handle all of these Pokemon. You do lose power by not using the Choice Specs although the rest of your team can easily Overall, things look solid. Good team and good luck.

Sets:

Heatran @ Air Balloon / Leftovers
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Thanks for the rate! I have started to implement these changes. I am running 116 Atk/216 Sp. Atk/176 Spd with a Rash nature on Salamence to give those Draco Meteors some bite. I have also adapted my team using the Heatran and Rotom-W sets above. I am using an Air Balloon so Heatran can still check Gliscor and Landorus. I'll edit the changes inot the OP when I can.

If i was you i'd replace heatran with a wallbreaker infernape or something. Like others have said, scarftran is redundant with scarf terrakoin. Mence cant do the walbreaking thing all by himself, and appreciates some help in that department. If you dont like infernape try a life orb deoxys-s.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
If i was you i'd replace heatran with a wallbreaker infernape or something. Like others have said, scarftran is redundant with scarf terrakoin. Mence cant do the walbreaking thing all by himself, and appreciates some help in that department. If you dont like infernape try a life orb deoxys-s.
I appreciate the rate. I will miss Heatran's Fire immunity, but it's not necessary since although I have two Pokemon 4x weak to Fire, everything else on my team resists it. I have experimented with a Life Orb Deoxys-S and a really like it. Here's the set:

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

This is a Life Orb Deoxys-S designed to break through the opponents walls and revenge kill almost anything in the game. This can also be used as a lead, and carries Stealth Rock to bluff a lead set. It can eradicate most spinners after they've come in to try to counter a lead set. 224 EVs in Speed is the minimum number required to outspeed Scarf Landorus. Maximum Sp. Atk investment is to hit as hard as possible, and the rest is thrown into HP to survive random priority and other things. This will not be going up against other Deoxys, so Taunt is a waste of a moveslot. Psycho Boost is for STAB, and BoltBeam gets that great coverage.

I have found my team a bit weak to CM Reuniclus now, and since Scarf Terrakion is a bit redundant with Deoxys, I have switched Terrakion to a Choice Band set, running Quick Attack over Earthquake.

I played this team on the ladder, pretty good team. I was beat IIRC. Btw, it is GoldenCrs from Serebii. Good team, I actually stole the Deo-S set.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, solid team. I really like that Deoxys-S set, that thing could catch a lot of people off guard and turn the tides of a match. However, I don't see any reason not to run max Speed. The ability to Speed Tie opposing Deoxys-S and potentially get up SR before they Taunt is invaluable. I also see no reason for the extra HP investment, as you still wont be able to survive many things you normally die from anyways. To further bluff your set, I would suggest swapping Life Orb for an Expert Belt. That way, when you score a KO, your opponent will assume that its the Taunt+SR+Spikes+1 Attack Deoxys-S. They might then switch in another Pokemon that Deoxys-S can swiftly dispose of.

Your team also currently seems to have trouble against certain Rain threats such as Starmie and Gastrodon. To mitigate this issue, I suggest dropping Protect for Power Whip on Ferrothorn. While Protect may be useful for scouting random Hidden Power Fires, it is just not worth losing Power Whip for. Power Whip is Ferrothorn's primary move against many top Rain threats, especially Starmie, who your team really doesn't like. Deoxys-S is currently your only answer to it, and it shouldn't be switching into Hydro Pumps and such. Power Whip also allows Ferrothorn to take out Gastrodon who would otherwise be problematic for Rotom-W.

Finally, your team is currently weak to DD Scrafty, who at +1/+1, can maul your entire team. An easy solution to this would be to go with a Choice Scarf Terrakion instead. Choice Scarf Terrakion, although not as powerful, is also a more reliable check to dangerous threats such as Dragonite, Volcarona, and Salamence. Since your team already has MixMence to break down walls, the loss in power shouldn't be much of an issue, as Salamence+SR+Spikes can easily weaken the opposing team enough to facilitate a late game Scarf Terrakion sweep.

In Summary:
max speed and Expert belt on Deoxys-S
pros: why not run the speed, can surprise opponents more with Ebelt, and isn't a ticking time bomb
cons: none really, since you don't need the speed

Power Whip>Protect on Ferrothorn
pros: better for taking on Rain threats
cons: cannot scout for random HP Fires

Scarf Terrakion>CB Terrakion
pros: can revenge kill DD Scrafty, DD Nite, Volcarona, DD Mence, can easily go on late game sweep after Salamence has ravaged the field
cons: not nearly as much power

GL

Sets:
Deoxys-S @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
Hi, solid team. I really like that Deoxys-S set, that thing could catch a lot of people off guard and turn the tides of a match. However, I don't see any reason not to run max Speed. The ability to Speed Tie opposing Deoxys-S and potentially get up SR before they Taunt is invaluable. I also see no reason for the extra HP investment, as you still wont be able to survive many things you normally die from anyways. To further bluff your set, I would suggest swapping Life Orb for an Expert Belt. That way, when you score a KO, your opponent will assume that its the Taunt+SR+Spikes+1 Attack Deoxys-S. They might then switch in another Pokemon that Deoxys-S can swiftly dispose of.

Your team also currently seems to have trouble against certain Rain threats such as Starmie and Gastrodon. To mitigate this issue, I suggest dropping Protect for Power Whip on Ferrothorn. While Protect may be useful for scouting random Hidden Power Fires, it is just not worth losing Power Whip for. Power Whip is Ferrothorn's primary move against many top Rain threats, especially Starmie, who your team really doesn't like. Deoxys-S is currently your only answer to it, and it shouldn't be switching into Hydro Pumps and such. Power Whip also allows Ferrothorn to take out Gastrodon who would otherwise be problematic for Rotom-W.

Finally, your team is currently weak to DD Scrafty, who at +1/+1, can maul your entire team. An easy solution to this would be to go with a Choice Scarf Terrakion instead. Choice Scarf Terrakion, although not as powerful, is also a more reliable check to dangerous threats such as Dragonite, Volcarona, and Salamence. Since your team already has MixMence to break down walls, the loss in power shouldn't be much of an issue, as Salamence+SR+Spikes can easily weaken the opposing team enough to facilitate a late game Scarf Terrakion sweep.

In Summary:
max speed and Expert belt on Deoxys-S
pros: why not run the speed, can surprise opponents more with Ebelt, and isn't a ticking time bomb
cons: none really, since you don't need the speed

Power Whip>Protect on Ferrothorn
pros: better for taking on Rain threats
cons: cannot scout for random HP Fires

Scarf Terrakion>CB Terrakion
pros: can revenge kill DD Scrafty, DD Nite, Volcarona, DD Mence, can easily go on late game sweep after Salamence has ravaged the field
cons: not nearly as much power

GL

Sets:
Deoxys-S @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
Thanks for the rate. After testing, the changes are pretty good. Power Whip helps beat those bulky Waters easier, and Deoxys is just great. The unorthodox nature of it is amazing. Scarf Terrakion also helps with Toxicroak, who is just a bitch to deal with in the rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)