Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking: VFXCross vs shinyskarmory
Taking: Spenstar vs Doran Dragon

PM teams. First Tower reffings in about two months; can't wait.

3v3 NFE Triples
3 day DQ
0 recovers, 3 chills.

For the arena, I quite fancy Objection's clock face...

Arena: Chrono Stadium

This arena resembles a giant version of the face of Prague’s Astronomical Clock. There is a moat around the edge of the arena but there are no natural elements such as grass nearby. The flow of time in this arena can change radically with the following effects:
Normal time flow - nothing special.
Fast time flow - every pokemon's attack and special attack ranks are multiplied by 1.5 with halves rounded up; every pokemon has +1 evasion.
Slow time flow - every pokemon's defence and special defence ranks are multiplied by 1.5 with halves rounded up; every pokemon has +1 accuracy.
Reverse time flow - turn order is completely reversed (ie, higher priority attacks happen after lower priority ones and a slower mon's attack happens before a faster mon's one of the same priority); for attacks with a charge-up or evasive action (eg, Focus Punch, Sky Attack, Dig), swap the priorities of the charge-up/evasive action and attacking action before reversing the turn order; the "cooldown" action for combos occurs on the action before the combo is executed rather than after.
Crazy time flow - turn order is randomised, disregarding priority and speed completely; attacks with a charge-up or evasive action still have that action occur before the attacking action.
Round 1 has normal time flow, then at the end of every round, each of the five time flows has an equal chance of being chosen for the next round. A time flow's effects remain until the time flow changes to something else.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/4 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Training Items On
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Arena: Unown and Smeargle's Studio Soup

Basically Unown Soup. But. Littered with paintings and Unowns, all moves are allowed because stuff can come out of the paintings because they're magic. The first round, no abilities or items will be active, and moves will do no damage, have no effect, and cost no energy, except for Sketch. Sketch costs no Energy and has -100 priority on Round 1. Unowns regenerate immediately after they are used, but only on Round 1. The rule where only one Unown can be used per round is null, only on Round 1. And Unown moves cost double their normal energy, because of chemical reactions with...paint. Or something.

It's a Smeargle. Easy to crush. Anyone? Anyone?
I'll accept, DarkAmber. No items, all abilities.
bottom of page syndrome -_-

needs moar ref plz

Angry Bump.

Ref please.
Angry response!

jk, I'll ref you guys.

Arena: The Treadmills of Doom

This is an indoors arena, so any weather moves and moves that require an outdoors arena (eg, SolarBeam, Thunder) cannot be used. There is no external water source and no external grass. This is an artificial environment, so Energy Ball's BAP is reduced by 2. Digging and seismic moves are also not usable on this arena.

This arena is made of several treadmills in two rows. Each pokemon starts in the center of the arena on one of these treadmills. There is only 49ft of treadmill between the pokemon and a spike pit. At the end of each action, the treadmills pull each pokemon 1ft away from the center of the arena and they all expend 1 energy trying to keep up. Flying and levitating pokemon are not exempt from this. If a pokemon is pulled into the spike pit, it is immediately KO'd.

A pokemon can spend an action and 5 energy on either the Run forward command, which will move the pokemon toward the opposing team, or the Run backward command, which will move the pokemon away from the opposing team. In both cases, the pokemon will move a number of feet equal to 10% of its speed, rounded normally but with a minimum of 1ft. However, a pokemon will stop if it gets closer than 1ft to an opposing pokemon or just before it reaches the end of the treadmill. These two commands cannot be Encored or prevented by any moves and are not subject to the consecutive move penalty.

All direct damaging moves have a knockback component. The knockback of such a move in feet is equal to the BAP of the move (before STAB and other adjustments except for Technician, the *0.75 for multi-target moves, and multi-hit calculation) plus the user's attack or special attack rank minus double the target's weight class. For example, an Adamant Gyarados' Aqua Tail against a Charizard will knock him back (9+6-4*2)=7ft. Moves that hit allies will not knock them back at all, though they will still do damage as normal. Protect and Detect also eliminate knockback, while Endure halves knockback, rounding halves up. Also, a particularly heavy pokemon may not be knocked back at all by a particularly weak move.

Contact moves can only be used if the target is within running distance + 1ft (for example, a neutral-natured Hariyama can only use Brick Break on an opponent that is within (50/10)+1=6ft), and, if necessary, the user runs up to 1ft away from the target before hitting. In the case of U-Turn, the user then returns to its previous position. If a pokemon is too far away to land the blow, it automatically uses the appropriate running command instead.

Any time a pokemon chills or fails to act for any reason (eg, sleep, full paralysis, flinch, combo cooldown), the pokemon is moved 5ft by the treadmills at the end of the action instead of 1ft. A pokemon under the effects of Ingrain is also moved 5ft instead of 1ft and cannot run to use contact attacks (so can only use them on opponents 1ft away) or use either of the two running commands. In all these cases, however, the pokemon does not expend 1 energy at the end of the action.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
My Smeargle is feeling lonely and dejected. I think he wants someone to play with:

2v2 Doubles
Training match
2 Day DQ
Infinite Recoveries/Chills
ARENA: Unown Soup.

Bring whatever you want.

And to entice people, know that the base rank total of my team will be less than one Pokemon could have by itself.
I'll bring a couple of freshmons to the above. I could use another quick fight.

Items are fine.
All abilites.
Obligatory repost. C'mon, it has a Smeargle!

Dropping my previous battle for a new one

4 vs 4 Doubles
Training Battle
NFE Only
1 Day DQ, 3 Day Ref
1 Recovery, 2 Chills
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Challenging Engineer Pikachu! Also, the first two other trainers to accept.

Team Doubles (3+3 vs 3+3)
Only NFE mons may apply.
7-day DQ (although ASAP is preferable; we can haggle over this once the thread's up)
2 Recoveries, Infinite Chills
NOTE: I would rather this use training items only.

ARENA: Unown Soup Plus
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismitoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter Unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three Unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an Unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Unown ! and Unown ? are also in the soup.
.*. Unown ! targets a Pokemon, causing it to flinch.
.*. Unown ? targets a used letter, adding it back to the broth for later use; Unown ? does not become an attack.
One of each is present in the broth to begin, and whenever a Pokemon is KOd, they regenerate.

PM me if interested so I can update the list of attendees.

SLOTS:
mewtwo15026
Engineer Pikachu
MrcRanger97
lucarioisawesome
REF: ---
So reffing this.

Open challenge time!

Battle type: 3v3 NFE Singles
DQ time: 3 days
Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills, weather moves
Music: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Cave theme 2
Arena: Cave

The battle takes place deep within a subterranean cave, not unlike Mt. Moon and Union Cave of Pokemon lore. Being an enclosed environment, all weather moves will have no effect. Attacks that require solar/lunar power such as Solarbeam, Moonlight, etc. will still work, however their effects will be harshly reduced (akin to using them in the Rain or Sandstorm). Despite this, there is sufficient, if a bit dim, lighting due to the various iridescent vegetation and gemstones throughout the cave. The cave is also very spacious allowing for free movement, although the various stone structures give plentiful cover should the need arise. Furthermore, it is very sturdy and can withstand strong seismic forces. However, the cave is not indestructible and repeated attempts can cause various levels of structural damage. Should the cave completely collapse, the battle will end and whoever side has more Pokemon left than the other (or which Pokemon have a greater health % at the end of the match) will be declared victor.

As a result of being an subterranean environment, Ground Pokemon are most comfortable here and gain a bonus. What kind of bonus this is up to interpretation to the referee. Also, there are several deep pools of water that can be used for Water attacks and can hold any Pokemon up a size class of 5. In addition, sound attacks such as Supersonic and Bug Buzz echo and gain an additional +30% accuracy and +30% effect chance.

Summary: Sturdy arena yet repeated seismic assaults will cause cave in; plenty of rocks for Rock attacks; pools of water for Water attacks and can hold Pokemon up to 5 Size Class; sound attacks echo (+30% accuracy and +30% effect chance); weather moves will have no effect; solar-based attacks will have reduced effect; Ground Pokemon have superior senses.

Come on, come all! :D

Open Challenge

6v6 Thanksgiving BRAWL
(one LC, one Mid-stage required)
3 day DQ
Infinite chill, 3 recover
Arena: Thanksgiving Feast

A long table filled with food. The battle takes place on and around the table. Critical hits smash the defending Mon into one of four different plates of food, each with a different effect:

Turkey: Speed halved for three actions
Mashed Potatoes: Permanent 15% accuracy drop
Cranberry Sauce: Permanent 1-stage Attack drop
Overcooked Apple Pie: Extra 5 HP damage

So, who's game?

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
I need to beef up some stuff, so....

Match: 3 vs 3 Singles
DQ: 3 Days
Restrictions: 2 Chills / 5 Recovers
Pokemon: NFEs/midstages. You can also bring in weak/medium strength Pokemon that do not evolve.

Arena: I am incredibly lazy so I'll be stealing one of IAR's arenas from the Conpendium:

Arena: Busy Highway
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Rocks

Description: A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.

At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There is a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)