move 3: Super Fang
move 4: Crunch
item: Leftovers
ability: Intimidate
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
-Nice cleric with Heal Bell
-Thunder Wave Cripples offense and allows slow and strong Pokemon (E.g marowak) to shine
-Toxic works well on more defensive teams and puts a stop to most setup sweepers
-Super Fang also heavily cripples stall, and can allow strong walls such as steelix to be taken out more easily by teammates
-Crunch is used to hit ghosts

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def can work, but is not recommended due to Granbull still taking special hits badly, even with investment
-Have teammates that take advantage of his paralysis / toxic / Cleric support
-Reflect to become crazy bulky and support your team further
-Roar is usable alongside hazards
-Taunt can be used and works especially well with super fang and toxic to break down stall
-Ghosts such as Duskinor make good teammates because it can tank special hits and has good synergy

[SET]
name: Offensive Thunder Wave
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Double Edge / Return
move 3: Close Combat
move 4: Crunch
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
-Thunder Wave does great, paralyzing switch ins and easing up prediction. It also suports your teammates
-Double Edge is generally superior to return due to its high BP, but if your worried about Granbull's survivability, use return
-Life Orb is generally the superior option to Leftovers, but I
-CC and Crunch have perfect coverage together, and together hit ghosts and steels that lol at double edge

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Ice punch and stone edge can be used to hit flyers and gligar
-Granbull doesn't need a whole lotta support, it IS support, lol

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Double Edge / Return
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Stone Edge / Ice Punch
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
-Unbelievably powerful Double Edge
-First three moves are for coverage, last move-slot is up to you to decide. Ice punch nails gligar, torterra and Altaria, wheras stone edge nails moltres
-Fairly bulky choice bander with intimidate

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Eves allow it to out-speed clefable and omastar
-Rotom and dusclops make fantastic teammates to tank the hits that granbull can't
-Can bust through many dedicated walls and allow granbull's teammates to sweep

[Other Options]
-CB and quick feet are usable but outclassed by ursaring
-Trick room
-Special attacker can be used with a good special movepool, but Granbull has god awful Sp. Atk
-Work up can be used with fire blast to ACTUALLY HIT ferroseed and steelix
-Bulk up is usable to boost Granbulls great attack and defence, but is generally bad in the long run due to Granbulls god awful SpD

[Checks and Counters]
-Duosion and Duskinor shit all over the defensive one, Tangrowth walls weezing takes it out if it has
-Steelix, Ferroseed, Gligar
-Offensive one is extremely tough to switch into, but any Attacker that manages to come in spells doom for Granbull (Porygon-Z, Rotom, Rotom-C, etc)

[Dream World]
<p>Rattled is very inferior to Granbull's other abilities, and should rarely see use in competitive play</p>

You need to be way more descriptive.

You need a choice set and you need to slash fire punch, it destroys Ferroseed.
Lol, it's a skeleton.

No to choice, as ursaring outclasses it so badly it's not even funny. Also, close combat hits ferroseed hard enough.

Edit: Does a choice set / any other set sound viable?

I'd mention Reflect on the Support set, cuz Intimidate+Reflect+Max investment in bulk=mad bulky wall. Also, Roar is pretty viable as well, though I'd say it's definitely left in AC.

I'd mention Reflect on the Support set, cuz Intimidate+Reflect+Max investment in bulk=mad bulky wall. Also, Roar is pretty viable as well, though I'd say it's definitely left in AC.
Should I put them on the main set or in AC?
And yeah choice is a definite OO.

I found both abilities kinda useless on that set. Intimidate just seemed a better option with thunder wave already being there for me. Close combat was always needed to fuck up steels ruining me, and the defense drop never bothered me, as I already outspeed the opponent with thunder wave. I guess I'll just put ice punch and stone edge in AC, and slash quick feet, even though it seems useless to me without investment.

-Run Speed eves to outrun rhyperior
Doesn't exist in RU.

Also, fuck Quick Feet. It doesn't "absorb" status with it, and with no investment it hits fucking 252 Speed. That's so pointless it's not even funny. Intimidate, on the other hand, works with Granbull's natural bulk and can really neuter stuff that Granbull has paralyzed.

explain why Ghosts are good teammates

Also, being a Normal type, he should have a lengthy oo. More than just 2 bullets
Ghosts have good synergy, and can tank the special attacks granbull can't.

For OO... Ummmmm.... Name me SOMETHING decent...

I know! Special attacker with that great special move pool!
Or maybe... Bulk up with that awful SpD!!!

Lol. Tell me something that DESERVES an OO mention.

For a Pokemon like Granbull, you're better off listing why sets don't work in OO. Looking for "Deserving" sets will just give you a headache and a barebones analysis to boot.

Ghosts have good synergy, and can tank the special attacks granbull can't.
Then say this.

I know! Special attacker with that great special move pool!
Mention it and say why it sucks, because it has craptastic SpA.

Or maybe... Bulk up with that awful SpD!!!
"Bulk Up provides a method to boost Granbull's good Attack and Defense stats, but its lackluster Special Defense makes this ineffective in the long run."

Or something.

Lol. Tell me something that DESERVES an OO mention.
Work Up. Boosts Attack and gives you an actual weapon against Steelix and Ferroseed with Fire Blast, I guess. Majorly outclassed though.

Torment, but it lacks the resistences necessary and its Special bulk is fairly bad.

Then just mention other vaguely useful moves that are in its movepool, like Wild Charge, and say why it is inferior to listed options.

yeah, mention everything said above and put in the OO, since that's the place for stuff that could work, but is usually pretty gimmicky. Pretty much mention a lot of moves in OO, mainly - Payback, Stone Edge / Rock Slide, Brick Break / Superpower, Taunt, and its special movepool. Resttalk should also go in OO. Overall its a shame that Ursaring exists for Granbull. :/

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
So I tried the first set with Return and it was god awful, Crunch needs to be the only option for the fourth slot

I'll try out the second set, a Quick Feet one, and a CB set and get back to you, but imo Granbull just doesn't have anything going for it this gen lol

So I tried the first set with Return and it was god awful, Crunch needs to be the only option for the fourth slot

I'll try out the second set, a Quick Feet one, and a CB set and get back to you, but imo Granbull just doesn't have anything going for it this gen lol
SO is the support set Approved, or what? lol sorry

I find the support set pretty good this gen, just saying

And as for quick feet and CB, why bother testing them, you know ursaring exists. Its OO for a reason

* Updated OO

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Urgh

Even though Quick Feet and CB *may* be outclassed by Ursaring, they were, and probably are this gen, two of Granbull's best sets. Just because the Support set separates Granbull from the pack, doesn't mean that that is the best and only way to use Granbull. If a set is viable it gets an analysis unless it's completely and utterly outclassed by another mon (which Granbull really isn't by Ursaring with those sets due to Intimidate (CB) and overall more bulk).

EDIT: and the support set *is* approved, but the analysis as a whole isn't approved yet

Urgh

Even though Quick Feet and CB *may* be outclassed by Ursaring, they were, and probably are this gen, two of Granbull's best sets. Just because the Support set separates Granbull from the pack, doesn't mean that that is the best and only way to use Granbull. If a set is viable it gets an analysis unless it's completely and utterly outclassed by another mon (which Granbull really isn't by Ursaring with those sets due to Intimidate (CB) and overall more bulk).

EDIT: and the support set *is* approved, but the analysis as a whole isn't approved yet
Okay. I'll add in the CB and Quick Feet sets later.

OMG, i'm such a procrastinator
I need to do homework, but will definitely get CB set up by tomorrow.
I still fail to see the point of quick feet, as granbull is slower, weaker, AND has less overall bulk than ursaring.
(ursaring is 90/75/75, granbull has 90/75/60 for defences -_-)

^ Is Quick Feet an effective set? Does it work in practice? Is it better than the majority of crap that Granbull can run? If the answer to all these questions is yes, Quick Feet needs a set.

If a set is viable it gets an analysis unless it's completely and utterly outclassed by another mon
Well, it is, due to less bulk, less speed and less attack

^ Is Quick Feet an effective set? Does it work in practice? Is it better than the majority of crap that Granbull can run? If the answer to all these questions is yes, Quick Feet needs a set.
*look at olgemi's post*
The answers to all of these are yes, but granbull is completely and utterly outclassed by Ursaring for a quick feet set.
Maybe i'll add it, maybe not. I'll see what olgemi says

If a set is viable it gets an analysis unless it's completely and utterly outclassed by another mon.
Key words in bold. Granbull can still use a Quick Feet set with a high degree of effectiveness, therefore it gets a set. That's just how it is. It might be inferior to Ursaring's verson, but it's still a good set.

Key words in bold. Granbull can still use a Quick Feet set with a high degree of effectiveness, therefore it gets a set. That's just how it is. It might be inferior to Ursaring's verson, but it's still a good set.
But there's no reason to use Granbull as a Quick Feet-er over Ursaring. So it is completely and utterly outclassed and shouldn't be given an analysis.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Err, just so you know, if a QC member tells you to change something, you change it no questions asked, unless another QC member says something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)