LouisCyphre and EndQuote in a crypt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that, Galladiator, Intimidate is fine, thanks.

Alright, Cleo, let's do this!
Toxic ~ Discharge ~ Discharge
IF a move misses, push it back.

Round 6 Begin!

Absol
HP: 100
Energy: 100

VS

Cleo
HP: 84
Energy: 60

No time for flavor right now, sorry. I'll try and fill this in later.

Absol
HP: 75
Energy: 84
Other: Badly Poisoned (2 DPA starting A1)

VS

Cleo
HP: 31
Energy: 39

Absol's Night Slash: Deals 18 damage to Cleo (critical hit). Absol expends 4 Energy.

Cleo's Toxic: RNG rolls 897; attack hits. Absol is now Badly Poisoned (1 DPA, increases by 1 at beginning of each round). Cleo expends 7 Energy.

Absol takes 1 damage due to Toxic.

Absol's Megahorn: RNG rolls 95; attack hits. Deals 20 damage to Cleo (critical hit). Absol expends 8 Energy.

Cleo's Discharge: Deals 11 damage to Absol. Residual water conducts electricity, adding 3 damage. Cleo expends 5 Energy.

Absol's Night Slash: Deals 15 damage to Cleo. Absol expends 4 Energy.

Cleo's Discharge: Deals 11 damage to Absol. Residual water conducts electricity, adding 3 damage. Cleo expends 9 Energy.

EndQuote?

Cleo, we can't do much because of Taunt and Magic Coat tomfoolery, so let's just stick to what we know.

Thunder Wave ~ Discharge ~ Discharge

IF Magic Coat is used a1, use Wild Charge instead.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

"Alright, girl, do want you do best - give her an exact finish!

Absol - Substitute (25 HP) | Night Slash | Sucker Punch Megahorn

Round 7 Begin!

Absol
HP: 75
Energy: 84
Other: Badly Poisoned (2 DPA starting A1)

VS

Cleo
HP: 31
Energy: 39

Round 7 is underway! Absol starts by creating a Substitute to block the oncoming attack!

I'm starting to see a theme here. It seems that LouisCyhre's obsession with the move Substitute would indicate a life of fakery, of having to hide his true feelings. He's so used to putting up fronts, he's taught his Pokemon how to do it. He needs to open up more, be more trusting of his fellow men.

o_O

...What?

Did--did you just wax philosophical?

Yeah, I've been working on that. But sometimes it'll just slip out, you know?

...In any event, Absol's Substitute looks much better-made than Seadra's did. Perhaps she's used to it after all? Anyway, it does its job well, blocking the Thunder Wave attack of Cleo!

Symbolic or not, Substitute's turning into a decent strategy.

Absol now charges out from behind her stuffed lookalike and charges forward with her patented Night Slash! Cleo retaliates with another electrical Discharge, but Absol dives behind her Substitute just in time!

Cleo's going to try again, since Absol doesn't seem to be attacking.

She charges up again--but wait! Absol just landed a Sucker Punch to Cleo's jaw! That caught her way off guard--and she's fainted!

Son of a Bisharp! Is that even legal?

I don't know, but the referee seems to think not! The damage is negated, and Cleo is given a free strike! She launches a Discharge attack, and hits the Substitute again!

Lou's going to be getting some angry calls in the morning. Good call by the ref.

After that...questionable order by LouisCyphre, we're going to take a break. The grand finale of this bout when we get back!

Absol
HP: 44
Energy: 56
Other: Badly Poisoned (3 DPA starting A1); Substitute (3 HP left)

VS

Cleo
HP: 16
Energy: 11

Absol's Substitute: Absol loses 25 HP. Absol creates a 25 HP Substitute. Absol expends 24 Energy.

Cleo's Thunder Wave: Blocked by Absol's Substitute. Cleo expends 6 Energy.

Absol takes 2 damage due to Toxic.

Absol's Night Slash: Deals 15 damage to Cleo. Absol expends 4 Energy.

Cleo's Discharge: Deals 11 damage to Absol's Substitute (14 HP remaining). Cleo expends 9 Energy.

Absol's Sucker Punch: Fails because Absol does not know Sucker Punch.

Cleo's Discharge: Deals 11 damage to Absol's Substitute (3 HP remaining). Cleo expends 13 Energy.

EndQuote's mon, then Lou's orders.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.

"This is it. We're on a timer, so we need to make a full offensive push!"

Absol - Megahorn | Chill | Megahorn
If Megahorn missed action 1 and you do not have a Substitute up on action 2, use Night Slash.

Oh fuck. I'll make the edit. I'm really, really sorry about that. Lou, I'll let you know when you can change your actions, if you want.

EDIT: Edit made. Lou, you may change your orders if you wish.

EDIT 2: EQ, fire when ready.

Thanks, Galladiator.

Alright, Cleo, go out with a bang!
Take out his substitute, then hit him hard!

Quick Attack + Double Kick Combo ~ Discharge ~ Discharge

Round 8 Begin!

Absol
HP: 44
Other: Badly Poisoned (3 DPA starting A1); Substitute (3 HP left)

VS

Cleo
Energy: 11

It looks like Cleo has just enough energy for one last attack: a combination of Quick Attack and Double Kick! She lunges forward and dives with a kick that breaks Absol's Substitute on contact!

Wait--she just rebounded off the back wall, and attacks Absol from behind--BOOM! Absol didn't see that coming! That critical hit must have been really satisfying--once again, LouisCyphre is hoist by his own petard!

That's it. No more TvTropes for you.

Aww...

Cleo's wobbling--and over she goes! She's out of energy! She can't continue!

But Absol looks weak as well--one or two good hits from EndQuote's last Pokemon may knock it out!

On that note, we'll take a short break. You don't want to miss the finale, so stay tuned!

Absol
HP: 21
Other: Badly Poisoned (4 DPA starting A1)

VS

Cleo
Energy: 0

Cleo's Quick Kick: Hits 2 times. First hit: Deals 3 damage to Absol's Substitute. Absol's Substitute fades. Second hit: Deals 20 damage to Absol (critical hit). Cleo expends 11 Energy. Cleo faints due to lack of Energy. Absol gains 1 KOC (1 total).

Absol takes 3 damage due to Toxic.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.

"Well, that is utterly ideal - I didn't even think those were allowed to combo. I'll tell you what; I'll save us a round and withdraw Absol, seceding the KOC to either Odin or Spook and ending the match. I lost the instant I subbed for Thunder Wave instead of Toxic. No matter what occurs, I cannot win in the time it Toxic to KO me.

Expect better play when if we meet again."

Quickly, EndQuote sends out Odin the Nidorino just as Lou recalls Absol.
The Nidorino definitely participated in this match, learned a lot, and deserves counters. ;)

In all seriousness, gg Lou!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Note to self: Toxic is more important than Thunder Wave. Especially since I pack my own paralysis.

Hang on a moment. I don't think you should just forfeit, Lou. This is your decision, but I would at least finish the battle with some honor. Plus it makes for less controversy.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
...I suppose if letting her get needlessly pummeled with only the ability to get Nidorino to roughly 20 HP is "honorable."

You heard the man, EndQuote; give orders.

Let's do this, Odin!

The Nidorino seems pumped that he actually gets counters.

Odin, I want you to use your ears to seek out that Absol.
If you are in doubt about the Disaster Pokémon's location, just spread the poison out!

Venoshock ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Venoshock

IF Bounce is used, use Counter it!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.

"Well, a sudden pulse to blinding light, and drop back into deep darkness, can't be good for your sight or your concentration on other senses. Let's hope this behaves realistically."

Absol - Flash | Psycho Cut | Psycho Cut

Round 9 Begin!

Absol
Other: Badly Poisoned (4 DPA starting A1)

VS

Odin

Foregoing flavor for the sake of getting this over with.

Absol

VS

Odin

Odin cannot see well in the dark. Odin's Accuracy is cut by 10% (flat).

Absol's Flash: Due to sudden shock of light damaging sight, effectiveness is doubled. Odin's Accuracy is lowered 2 stages. Absol expends 4 Energy.

Odin's Venoshock: RNG rolls 429; attack hits. Deals 14 damage to Absol. Odin expends 7 Energy.

Absol takes 4 damage due to Toxic.

Absol's Psycho Cut: Deals 18 damage to Odin. Absol expends 5 Energy.

Odin's Sludge Bomb: RNG rolls 45; attack hits. Deals 3 damage to Absol. Odin expends 6 Energy. Absol faints. Odin gains 1 KOC (1 total).

EndQuote wins!

Valiantly fought battle on both sides, although it took some serious hax there at the end. The flat 10% Acc drop plus Flash's aggravated condition essentially brought the accuracy down to 50%. But gg to both of you, it was a pleasure!

EndQuote: 2 CC
Galahad, Cleo, Odin: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC

LouisCyphre: 2 CC
Ambrocious, Seadra: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Absol: 3 MC
Seadra, Absol: 1 KOC

Yours truly: 6 UC

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
Good game on your part, too! I need to be in a fresher state of mind when I play ASB, perhaps - inattentiveness ended me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)