move 2: Agility
move 3: Encore
move 4: Substitute / Return
item: Oran Berry
nature: Jolly
ability: Limber
evs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Buneary's considerably high base Speed allows it to outspeed quite a few Pokemon, making it a decent Baton Passer; its average defenses allow it to take 1-2 hits from weaker Pokemon. The main goal of this set is to set up an Agility or two and pass it the boosts on to a slower sweeper, such as Cranidos and Solosis, to help them perform a sweep. Encore can cripple walls, while Substitute can help Buneary Baton Pass, as it blocks status and allows Buneary to survive hits it otherwise could not. Buneary can also Baton Pass a 6 HP Substitute with the listed EV spread. Return is a strong STAB move that can be used if you feel the need to use an attacking move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread used maximizes Buneary's Speed and HP stats, allowing it to outspeed various threats and take hits better. Buneary can run a more offensive spread of 236 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spewith Focus Sash. This will allow Buneary to hit harder with its STAB Return. Dizzy Punch can be used over Return for its nifty chance of confusing opponents. Work Up can also be used in conjunction with Baton Pass. Switcheroo + Trick can be used on this set to cripple Pokemon that may feel safe switching into Buneary. As for teammates, slower sweepers such as Cranidos, Litwick, Karrablast, and Solosis are good options, as they are decent Baton Pass receivers. If using a Focus Sash with a more offensive spread, Rapid Spinners can prove to be quite helpful. Also, since faster Taunt users completely shuts this set down if Buneary is not carrying an offensive move, Natu makes an excellent partner. Lastly, Shelmet is a good wall that can take Fighting-type moves directed at Buneary. Shelmet can also contribute to a possible Baton Pass chain with Acid Armor.</p>

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This doesn't deserve its own set, but I'll add a mention of it to the other options section.

Edit: Show me logs and I'll approve it

actually, i've seen Psykout22 using this set in a Baton Chain for great success, since it counters Gastly (assuming it switches in Shadow Ball) and passes agillities, which is incredibly helpful. i'd mention Shelmet as a teammate, because it resists fighting and can contribute to Baton Chains with Acid Armor.

Yea I'm skeptical, maybe just because there are so many good BPers etc, but if you could show logs I'd probably change my mind...

how does it counter gastly without being able to touch gastly

Also, why are we putting anything into offense? This thing isn't supposed to attack. Max HP IMO.

I'd actually slash Substitute with Return. I know it's in AC, but status immunes and the potential of a BP recipient arriving behind a 6 HP Substitute is pretty threatening.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I fully support this. The fact that it can run Substitute and Encore is really annoying for Pokemon such as Bronzor, Lileep, Shelmet and all those defensive Pokemon.

I'd actually slash Substitute with Return. I know it's in AC, but status immunes and the potential of a BP recipient arriving behind a 6 HP Substitute is pretty threatening.
and this of course ^

I will post logs once I make a full BP team. Unless, if you just want to see Buneary's effectiveness alone.

I'll slash Substitute.

breh

強いだね
if you're slashing sub, make sure to mention alternate spreads (with no attack) in AC.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Upon further thought, I'm not sure the whole logic behind leads validating this set is solid. Bronzor is probably the biggest user of SR at the moment (Lileep's up there too) and neither of them are "leads" per se. Also, as others have mentioned, Substitute is a big part of this set, so the Attack EVs are superfluous.

Crux

Banned deucer.
this should not be rejected. Baton Pass is actually obscenely strong this generation due to the ability of Eviolite to allow for more attempts at establishing a chain and the general lack of taunt or phasing abilities in Little Cup. Buneary is a very good Baton Pass mon and I have used her to success this gen.

please recind your rejections as you clearly have not actually used buneary.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Something else that works on BP Buneary is Flame Orb with Klutz, as burning a potential counter when using Switcheroo can be very useful for setting up a BP chain. When that is done...

Stamp

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, placeholder. Checking this.

EDIT:

Add
Remove
Comments
[SET]
name[remove space]: Baton Pass
move 1[remove space]: Baton Pass
move 2[remove space]: Agility
move 3[remove space]: Encore
move 4[remove space]: Substitute / Return
item[remove space]: Oran Berry
nature[remove space]: Jolly
ability[remove space]: Limber
evs[remove space]: 236 HP / 4 Def / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Buneary's considerably high base Speed allows it to outspeed quite a few Pokemon, making it a decent Baton Passer,[add comma] and its not-so bad defenses allow it to take 1-2 hits from not so-strong weaker Pokemon. The main goal of this set is to set[space]up an Agility or two and pass it on to a slower sweeper,[add comma] such as Cranidos and Solosis,[add comma] to help them perform a sweep. Encore can cripple walls, if they use a non-attacking move. while Substitute Substitue can help Buneary Baton Pass,[add comma] as it blocks status and allows Buneary to survive hits it otherwise can't cannot otherwise survive. Buneary can also Baton Pass a 6 HP Substitute if it is using this with the listed EV spread. Return is a strong STAB that can be used if you feel the need to use an attacking move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread used maximizes Buneary's Speed and HP, allowing it to outspeed and take hits. Buneary can run a more offensive spread of 236 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe, with Focus Sash as the item. This will allow Buneary to hit harder with its STAB Return Pokemon with a strong, STAB Return. Dizzy Punch can be used over Return because of its nifty chance of confusing opponents. Work Up can also be used in[space]conjunction with Baton Pass. Switcheroo + Trick can be used on this set to cripple Pokemon that may feel safe to switch into Buneary. As for teammates, slower sweepers such as Cranidos, Litwick, Karrablast, and Solosis are make good teammates,[add comma] since they are decent Baton Pass receivers. If using a Focus Sash with a more offensive spread, rapid spinners Rapid Spinners can prove to be quite helpful. Also, since faster Taunt users completely shuts down this set down if Buneary is not carrying an offensive move, Natu makes an excellent partner. Lastly, Shelmet is a good wall that can take care of Buneary's Fighting-type moves directed at Buneary weakness,[remove comma].[add priod] Shelmet can also contribute to a possible Baton Pass chain with Acid Armor.</p>

Ok, this should do it.

GP Approved 1/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)