[Standard] Shift Mafia cycle 7

Once upon a time jalmont luved a peer.
now that peer is ded
HE WANTS REVENGEEE!

Ginga has intentionally godkilled himself for speaking during a silence.
Dear <user>.
You are Mokuba Kaiba,

No one cares about you. Seriously. You're just some d8umb kid who happens to be related to one of the most powerful and egocentric businessmen in the world, and the resemblance between you two is nonexistent. Honestly, why are you even getting a role pm? You're definitely not on the caliber of the other people in this game, but then again, you are also wherever trouble is to try and fight it unsuccessfully for your big brother and be protected by those who pity you. Hopefully this'll be The Last Battle for you...

You are so pitiful that everyone kidnaps you like you're some red shirt or something, almost like it is a requirement for being evil. Thus, three times this game, you may pm Quagsires with, "Cycle x - be kidnapped by <user>." You will somehow be kidnapped by <user> for the next cycle, unable to talk in the thread, and will also learn their role name and alliance so you can your big brother to kill them later. You also know that while you are kidnapped, no one can touch you with either the hangman's rope or a night action. You must spend two nights without using this ability in order to use it again. If there are 10 or fewer people left, you will not be able to use this ability and instead will gain a different one to compensate. If there are 5 or fewer people alive, you will automatically become unkidnapped and you will be unkidnappable for the remainder of the game.
/
Additionally, whenever you are not kidnapped either by the ability above or by another ability, you will still be a nuisance to other people, thus making them more likely to want to hurt you due to your annoyances. Thus, you may send a pm to Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Hang out with my best friend <user>!" You will be around <user> that night and annoy everyone around them to target you with their actions instead of them, as well as annoy <user> so much that they will automatically target you with their action. Friendly bodyguard(s), however, will be unaffected by you being around them and will still protect their target by forcing you to be around them, thus making their protected target have to target you as well.

You have nothing of much value, besides the money that you have leeched off of your big brother, but you do have one little card called Left Leg of the Forbidden one. You know the value within this card, and you want to collect all similar cards in order to show your big brother how talented you are and hopefully win his respect, not to mention there is a power coming from these cards that you may be able to tap into...

You are currently allied with the Village. You win if you eliminate all threats.
Dear Wild Eep.
You are Peer,

You cruel sick bastard. You've disconnected me and so many others from IRC so many times it's not even funny. And yet you continue to do so and act like it was completely my fault. I mean, it's definitely not my Internet connections whose strength is Shoddier than Pokemon Online's code (and yours is better than Showdown), nor is it in any way because I overload it with all my Internet access and multitasking. It's almost as if you get some sort of sick laugh out of this, like you enjoy watching everyone suffer. And for this, you find it hard to get allies, but you will gain some as this game drags on.

You have so many resources at your disposal from your many years of hacking and resetting connections, you're not sure where to begin with this. You know that no one really knows who you are, or where you are, or anything about you for that matter, and thus it will not be possible for them to kill you the first time, since all they have is a guess at best for where you are. However, wherever they go will give new insight into where you are, which will soon become public and ensure future kills succeed without some sort of protection.

At the same time, you have the ability to protect friends and allies from harm by protecting their Internet connections due to your experience in resetting them at the most inconvenient intervals. Thus, you may pm Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Make sure <user>'s Internet connection is secure and reliable. This will cause <user> to have a secure Internet connection that they will use the entire cycle in a separate room than usual, preventing them from dying from any kills. However, if the masses choose to lynch that person instead, an angry mob will attack and kill <user> anyways, since there's no way to escape the mobs of people once they're riled up.

In addition to protecting lives via your knowledge of the Internet, you are also adept at taking lives of people through the Internet. Thus, you may pm Quagsires with, "Cycle x - Reset <user>'s Internet and force their suicide." You will make it so that <user> will be completely isolated from Smogon and IRC, thus forcing them to wonder at what they could have done instead of playing competitive Pokemon and kill themselves in the resulting depression. However, you are not an entirely cruel person, and thus you will only kill one person for every three cycles in the game. However, you do not have to kill every three cycles, and if you do not kill you will still be able to use that kill even as you gain another. However, should you ever die, any unused kills are wasted.

In addition, you are also very skilled in mindlessly trapping people via the Internet, as there are so many inane YouTube videos and randomness on the Internet that it would not only drive a person insane, but also prevent them from doing anything else. Thus, you may send a pm to Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Show <user> a random video." <user> will be distracted by a random YouTube video either of cuteness or hilarity, and will thus be unable to do anything that cycle due to the addictiveness of YouTube itself.

However, despite all of these abilities, you do not want to be forever alone forever, and you thus have set out to gather some friends throughout this conflict. Thus, you may send a pm to Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Have <user> join me on IRC." You will have <user> learn about your life story and become touched by it, thus making them want to only win for you and you alone. If they should die before you, they will die a martyr to your cause, unable to win with anyone else. However, if you should die before them, who knows what will happen. In addition, many are already suspicious of their allies, so only one person from a faction may be recruited without anyone noticing, although if that someone dies you may recruit again from that faction.

Yet this is not all of the abilities you have in store for yourself, as you care greatly as to what, people are holding. Thus, you may pm Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Distracting <user> on IRC." You will distract <user> by resetting their connection, and while they try to recover and figure out what happened, you will take whatever they are holding at the time.

You have a knack for card collecting, and thus hold one single rare card, from what you can discern that others are near. You are currently holding Exodia the Forbidden One. You feel a power coming fro this card, as if gathering some of its brethren will allow you to become more powerful...

You are allied with yourself and whomever you recruit. To win, you must eliminate all threats and have your faction survive.
All Exodia pieces and beatles pieces leave immediately following his death, as it seems only one person can reap the rewards of those.

You are aware that Ace Emerald, Ginganinja, and Idiotfrommars could've won with him, but none due because they are all dead.

Empoof died from this as well.

Dear Empoof.
You are The White witch.

Jadis. The queen of Charn. There really isn't much to describe your cold nature, and The Silver Chair and the stone table seem to fit you very well. You, of course, are one of the most powerful people in Narnia, a person whose mere sight is feared by friend and foe alike, with none able to truly best you in combat (besides Aslan, who actually did so). But no matter. You'll find some way yet to kill him and to take what would rightfully by yours. It's just a matter of time, just like all your homeland of Charn has,,,

You are so icy cold that no one can touch you or anything near you , and anyone that comes near you with a non-killing night action will not only be unable to touch you and complete their action, but will be frozen for the next cycle, having no outside contact with anyone besides those in the thread where they may freely post. However, killers will be able to resist your beauty and cold and still be able to kill you, as well as thieves being able to break in and steal your treasure, although the thieves will still be frozen. You also know you are the only freezer in this game, since it is very hard (could also be said as nearly impossible, having Unobtainium), to be able to be cold enough for winter to last over one hundred years.

Additionally, you can summon up a winter into this game as you did in Narnia, but you lack the magic necessary to have the winter last indefinitely. Thus, once per game you may send a pm to Quagsires with, "Cycle x - Freeze the whole of Narnia!" You will make the game so cold that you and anyone in your faction will be able to do whatever they want without fear of anyone else out-speeding them that cycle. If there are any prio raisers in the game, their use will cause the raised actions to be performed at their normal priority. However, you know that this isn't as easy as it seems, since it appears as if someone who can control the weather and seasons is in this game, and can stop your actions. If this occurs, you will be notified accordingly and able to still use this action.

<snip>

You are currently allied with the Town. You win if you eliminate all threats.
He had inherited Aslan's kill and was to win only with him and his (nonexistant) recruits

Ditto was killed by forced suicide related to an internet reset

Dear Chomz/Ditto.
You are Inigo Mantoya,

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Let's be honest, everyone's heard your name from somewhere. You are the Spanish brat that was responsible for almost nothing in helping Wesley besides finding him when he was near death, but yet somehow you act like you're a main character. However, you know he's not here now, allowing to be the buccaneer that you are now, free to do whatever you want to help your new group of friends. After all, you are known for being skilled at what you do in everything, being feared the world over.

You are Inigo Mantoya, You are an inspiration to all who surround you due to your successful revenge and skill in all yo Tu do. Thus, you may send a pm to Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - HEY <USER>, LOOK AT ME." <user> will look at you and be amazed at who you are and the fact that you are actually here, thus inspiring them to do whatever it was they were doing that night faster than almost everyone else.There are ways, however, that this sheer spectacle will not be enough for them to truly perform better than everyone else, but in those events, they will instead perform actions at their normal priority.

You are also a drunkard who has no idea what to do with his life. Thus, you will create an item of Brandy every cycle. This may be used by sending a pm to Quagsires with, "Cycle x - Drink Brandy." This will cause the brandy to disappear, but not before <user> performs their actions twice under a drunken rage. However, they will spend the next cycle in a hangover, unable to do anything then besides vote. This will not be inherited by any teammate upon death, and some roles are obviously impossible to perform twice, either due to the effect they would have in breaking the game or the nature of the role itself. Brandy may be passed like a normal item. If someone should die with Brandy in their hand, it will magically disappear from the game (and Quagsires will get slightly drunk).

<snip>

You are currently allied with the Village. You win if you eliminate all threats.
He was the successor to Ahab, had been recruited by someone whose life story he had heard, and could only win with Ahab. He had Abab's killl.

The Mafia has mysteriously been eliminated.

Scavenge bank up in an edit

Once upon a time jalmont luved a peer.
now that peer is ded
HE WANTS REVENGEEE!
oh dear

Anyways, I noticed all these votes for Leethoof, and while I did agree with them, I no longer do after talking with Layell. First off, I received tracker results stating that Layell had targeted three people during the cycle NWO died (iirc Cycle 4, same cycle when we lynched StevenSnype). Now most users only have two actions. This means either means that Layell is the a faction killer or a harmful neutral. However, it is more likely that Layell is a neutral, seeing as the faction killers that died only had two actions. Also, I asked Layell a couple questions on IRC. I asked him if he was a neutral. He did not deny or confirm it. And finally, when I tried to question him further, he refused to answer and promptly left. He did this multiple times, once claiming he had "exams" and the other times he left no explanation. Unless someone can give me evidence of Leethoof being some sort of neutral, I believe its in everyone's best interest to lynch Layell.

Edit2: Layell pretty much admits to being converted.
[20:53] <Layell> Ok so I was part of mafia
[20:53] <Layell> but not anymore
[20:54] <jalmont> oh so now you want to talk?
[20:54] <Layell> I might
[20:54] <jalmont> well im listening
[20:55] <Layell> I lost mafia kill once I was de-alligned

Edit: How does that broadcast all of a sudden make me peer? If you are all so hell bent on getting me, please lynch me and not Leethoof. I lied about my second ability ok :/
21. Once per game, once at least 5 players are completely dead, you may pm Quagsires with, "Cycle X- Broadcast. The text of that pm will be an anonymous message the next cycle. I reserve the right to refuse to air the message or edit the contents if I believe it directly points to you being the sender (ie no saying I'm not the spy).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cycle 6 | Deadline ~ 12/4/11 8:30 PM EST | Do not ask to sub in; I will let you know when that time has come | Will post role pms with postgame, Peer (Yeti, Undisputed, Daletterel, Smashlloyd20, LadySalamence, Wildeep, Layell) Win | Answer to every Driver's Ed question: Get off the road
GG to all, really fun to get back into mafia. Now to bug Quag for post-game.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
GG, sorry that I didn't 100% go for the win with you, ditto. If you had pushed harder to getting eep lynched either c5 or c6 i probably would have =/. Definitely the most deserving player to win that didn't. And sorry that I wasn't with you Jalmont, you played well too :(

I'll save most of my comments for post-game though.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

* Shift_Mafia Quit (Connection reset by peer)

Yeah Ditto deserves a W too. Despite him having to turn against me, his priority-ups were critical. Like DLE, I'll save comments for post.

Good game, everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)