Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cool, thanks for all your help. Is using a code that gives the SID immediately, in a place where the TID would be, looked down upon? Because I found a way to do that as soon as I get the starter.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's actually against the rules. Editing the save for an ID/SID combo is against the rules for sure but idk about using a code to do that.

In any case I have no idea where the ID and SID are stored in the RAM to make such a code.

I don't mean a code that MAKES the SID (if that was how you interpreted it), I mean one that displays whatever your SID is in place of where your TID would be. It doesn't change the SID, it just reveals it.

The reason I brought it up (and worded it poorly) was because I thought, this way being so fast, that there had to be a reason you preferred the Enciclopedia way.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah, I forgot there is a code that reveals the SID. You can find it on Project Pokemon somewhere (RAM section, there's a sticky for 3rd gen codes IIRC). You still need to get the starter though.

I mentioned Enciclopedia Pokemon for some reason because I used that at first because I was using an emulator for this. I was never able to determine how the TID was generated (I think it's by Timer1, which is much, much more difficult to hit and is totally unpredictable).

So I just found at least one SID with the TID I've savestated, so I'm ready to start RNGing it. However, I got some reservations about my spread because of its (apparently) low frame of 123, having recalled that the example frames I'd heard of were all of much higher numbers. Is this number going to be completely impossible to hit in Emerald for whatever reason? I need to know before I start.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Frame 123 is much too early. Remember the game advances at just short of 60 frames/sec starting from when you SR. You need at least 20 sec to start the game for sure (possibly less time if you can rush it).

It's cool, I got an identical PID with a ~23000 frame soon. Now I just need to figure out all of this Ram address/breakpoint stuff.

I'm curious about the Ruby dead battery abuse (cart). I have a dead Ruby game lying around. My main question is...if the battery is dead, how do you save what you get? If there is a guide of any sort on this, I'd be interested to see it :)

No idea. In my recent quest to gather Emerald RNG knowledge, I remember seeing some differentiation somewhere in some context between R/S and R/S (dead battery). It might have been from just browsing this thread recently, though, and wouldn't be helpful in that case.

I think I'll find someone who has posted Ruby Pokes and ask them. That thread does list the initial seed for dead battery carts, so I can at least look for frames. I'm just interested in the shiny thing because it seems a lot easier to pull off than in Emerald.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The seed starts at 5A0 instead of 0, and I think there's some differences in the way eggs are generated, but for the most part it's basically the same process.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm a little confused by the wording of this post:

What constitutes "the group" in this context? I was under the impression that Pandora's Box essentially took a PID and found a bunch of TID/SID combinations that would make that PID shiny. What are the "group" in question?
The group would be a number of good spreads that are all shiny with the same ID/SID combination. So using any PID from that group in Pandora's Box will make all of the PIDs in that group shiny.

I deleted that post right before you wrote that; I figured out what I had done wrong. Thank you, however.

Does anyone have a program apparenty made by xElite that would help a person trying to find his SID do so, and tell said person how to go about RNGing the SID once it's found? Or, if such a program does not exist, can anyone give me more details on how to do these things?

In the RNGR, especially in Method 1, what do odd, even, HP_O and HP_E mean?
Odd = every odd number, so 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31
Even = every even number, so 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30
HP_O = every odd number that gives a maximum Hidden Power base damage
HP_E = every even number that gives a maximum Hidden Power base damage

I'm trying to capture wild mons, on my Pearl Retail cart, with the spread 31 - 28 - 31 - 30 - 31 - 31. There's a formula saying:
RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon
My Target Frame is 1, Monster Frame (Sweet Scent in Grass) is 2, and there aren't wandering pokemon. What do i have to do?

I'm trying to capture wild mons, on my Pearl Retail cart, with the spread 31 - 28 - 31 - 30 - 31 - 31. There's a formula saying:
My Target Frame is 1, Monster Frame (Sweet Scent in Grass) is 2, and there aren't wandering pokemon. What do i have to do?
A target frame of 1 is impossible to hit.

Any frame that is 2 or greater is possible for wild pokemon (Unless there are Wandering NPCs, then you should aim for a higher frame).

I was trying to get a Golduck, as first Retail Pearl abuse, because on Route 226 (i guess) there are no wandering NPCs. I found this good spread in the RNG

Target Frame 11, Monster Frame 2, roamings captured. Now, Generate adjacent times showed that

I have hit the seed, hit the delay (Coin Flip matches), 9 advancements done (walked in spots with wild mons, assuming walk = 1 and walk + turn = 2), Sweet Scent used, Golduck captured. It was Naughty, spread was really shitty (24 Speed, other IVs under 15).

Really, i can't figure out what did i do wrong .-.

I can't think anything else is wrong than you could have hitted frame 12 (Naughty 16/10/19/3/20/15). Another change is ofc wrong seed. If i were you i would try again.

Hi all,

In Platinum, trying to RNG Uxie with good Nature/IVs. Aiming for Bold 30/31/31/31/31/31 on Seed 0D17025B, Frame 439. The Delay is 602 as I'm setting the date/time to 2001 (as a sidenote, opinions on the worth of learning to time longer delays to get nicer dates? Are dates ever contentious?).

Anyway, I manage to hit the right Seed (verified by the Coin Flip hitting THTTHHTHHT as per RNGReporter), but I can't seem to get the frame right. For frame 439, given that I have no wanderers, it should simply be 219 Journal flips, yes?

I've attempted this twice now, and got the Adamant 26/10/25/8/13/23 from Frame 450 both times. I've saved directly in front of Uxie, so no steps are taken, and Coin Flip is already on-screen. After I Coin Flip, all I do is load the menu, open the Journal and flip 219 times. To get to a 'flipworthy' page, I have to go through 3 useless ones, and then I toggle between the useful and useless pages 219 times, then exit the Journal by pressing the Start button.

Yet somehow I always seem to overshoot by 11 frames. I've been counting my flips by doing 'answer + 1' on a calculator, so I'm almost certain I haven't screwed that up (and it seems a coincidence that I got the same dicey spread both times). Any ideas? Have I overlooked something else that advances the RNG?

I could try just compensating for the 11 extras by walking 128 steps with my 5 pokemon and then flipping 211 times... but I'd rather figure out why it's not working, in case that won't work for the same reason.

And suggestions warmly received... preferably polite ones!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)