Command and Conquer Generals: Ground Zero

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

= = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = =

Greetings, Smogonites! This is Clarion Valenheart, and I am here to present another successful Wifi OU teams I've ever made. This team is actually reminiscent to my DP OU team (which is not posted in any of the forums, just yet). As always, I don't use weather-inducing Pokemon (weatherless for the win). Plus, I always live to build a balanced team (this time it's slightly geared towards offense). I know that this team might deem unoriginal or familiar to you because of the Pokemon in my team, however, there are so much twists in this team that makes it quite original.

Without further ado, here's my team! Note that my team at the glance is at the banner itself.

= = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = =

"Are you ready?!"

Being a protege to Soviet armor science, China carry over the know how of armor from their mentor and modified it to its own taste. One of these is the Soviet heavy tank technology such as KV series, Ios Stalin, and Object 279. China decided to unite all the heavy tank projection into one tank technology type, the Overlord project. It is by far the largest, most powerful and the most technologically advanced tank fielded by any of the factions in the GLA conflict. It can quite easily defeat any conventional vehicle in a one on one fight. Traveling on four sets of treads, the Overlord by default mounts two enormous cannons (located on the sides of its turret) and boasts extremely heavy armor. Its slow speed leaves it potentially vulnerable to larger squads of tanks or anti-tank infantry and (in particular) aircraft. The Overlord's weaknesses can be compensated (to a degree) with upgrades. The Overlord is sufficiently large enough to crush other smaller vehicles.

Haxorus forms the first of the offensive core, and it is, undoubtedly, one of the most fearsome Pokemon to reckon with: Early-game, Mid-game, and (sometimes) Late-game sweeper, all-in-one. A whopping 648 Attack with an Adamant Nature and maximized EV investment with Choice Band attached, and adding in Rivalry (when encountering other Pokemon that are of the same gender), this Pokemon will surely 2HKO most Pokemon (barring Skarmory and Forretress, of course.) Outrage is the crux of the set--180 base power factoring in STAB--that nets 2HKO's on other male Steel-types (thanks to Rivalry). Brick Break and Earthquake are coverage moves, as if resorting to Outrage on a very defensive Steel-type makes it very suicidal. Dual Chop seems to be an odd choice for the last slot, but it ensures the KO against Pokemon with Focus Sash, especially Deoxys-S (sorry, up to Stealth Rock only).

Some raters might say that "I would like to suggest that you must change Haxorus's ability from Rivalry to Mold Breaker." It's a very viable option to choose Mold Breaker over Rivalry, since the power of Outrage will be weakened when Haxorus encounters a Pokemon that is of different gender, that lessens the KO opportunity (unless with prior damage), and Earthquake lets me KO Rotom-W and Bronzong. Are you ready to face Haxorus's powerful assault?

= = = = = = = = = =

"Targeting cruises set!"

The Avenger could paint ground units with a targeting laser, improving the accuracy of friendly units in the vicinity. In addition, it was equipped with a more developed Point Defence Laser than that of the Paladin tank, providing impressive protection against enemy missile attacks both for the Avenger itself and nearby units. Finally, two large, powerful anti-aircraft lasers were mounted on the back of the vehicle. While slowing the vehicle down somewhat these lasers provided powerful anti-aircraft support. They also improved the chances of other US units in battle and were virtually untouchable by most aircraft, failing vastly superior numbers.

This Ferrothorn suits his Avenger gimmick mainly because of the support the team needs in Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. Since Haxorus loves to sweep on Paralyzed Pokemon mid-game or even late-game, paralysis is somewhat necessary to pull this off successfully. The EV allocations is quite odd, especially when 108 Attack EV's are placed into Attack. The reason why I do that is because I wanted to break Jirachi's decoys thanks to Bulldoze (in place of Leech Seed), and the primary purpose for this Ground-type attack is to catch Magnezone off guard (of course, I don't have Shed Shell, and when Magnezone's summoned in front of Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn becomes dead weight). I swapped Stealth Rock to Spikes too because I changed Heatran's role from a Tormenting one to a very standard Specially Defensive one.

= = = = = = = = = =

"Jam their frequencies!"

China developed the ECM Tank to support its attacking tank legions. The ECM Tank had no offensive weapons. However, it was equipped with technologically advanced Electronic Counter-Measures. On the move with other units it could cause enemy guided missiles to miss their targets(although the missiles remained live and would damage anything it hits). It was also capable of disabling individual enemy vehicles from a distance often beyond their firing range.

Rotom-W fits the role of an ECM Tank well because of his disabling moves, such as Discharge (that paralyzes opponent's Pokemon 30% of the time) and Will-O-Wisp (that burns Physical attackers). Since it has a modest 339 Special Attack (with Modest Nature and maximized EV investment), I actually consider this Pokemon as a mid-game Sweeper and Tank, but not part of the core. The EV investment is pretty strange--96 HP EV's would not really matter as much--you're losing 5 HP's from the standard one anyway, and nonetheless, the 160 Speed EV's make it matter. The rest is placed into Special Attack for more convenience, and Modest Nature for more kick.

I may opt to choose Pain Split (or even Toxic) over Will-O-Wisp (not Subsitute, as that move eases prediction and helps Pain Split from working), because Blissey is a very prevalent Special Wall and despises losing her health due to Pain Split, or the fear of Gastrodon in the team will be lessened due to Toxic. Or, since I don't have any Pokemon to absorb Trick besides Haxorus, I may use Choice Scarf on Rotom-W.

= = = = = = = = = =

"It's very hot in here!"

The Dragon Tank was a specialized flamethrower tank used by the Chinese during the war against the GLA. The Dragon Tank was most effective against soft targets (i.e. infantry), scorching them instantly, and could also be used to quickly clear garrisoned buildings. In addition, it was also quite effective against light vehicles and buildings. In hordes, they could burn down buildings with ease.

It's my first time to use this Heatran in a very defensive approach. Since Dragon Tanks serve as very excellent defensive weapons of China, Heatran fits the role of that tank very well. Heatran is the sole answer to most Sun teams because of its Flash Fire ability that absorbs Fire attacks at will. Since I changed Heatran's role from a Tormentor to a standard Special Defensive Pokemon, there's Stealth Rock, a staple for almost every team. Lava Plume helps burn Physical attackers, which has a great advantage as well. Opposing Heatran threatens this Heatran with Earth Power, so I use this move instead of something else, while makes Heatran a good Phazer. EV's are self-explanatory thanks to Smogon.

= = = = = = = = = =

"Fast as I can!"

The Scorpion is the GLA's main battle tank. While fast, they are a poor match for more modern armour in direct combat. This was demonstrated amply in Iraq, when a division of USA Crusader Tanks took on an equally-sized division of Scorpions, annihilating the latter without suffering any losses. Nevertheless, the GLA have plenty of upgrades available to make the Scorpion a viable weapon, such as the nearly mandatory Scorpion Rocket upgrade and the Toxin Shells upgrade, Resourceful GLA fighters can upgrade their Scorpions by salvaging parts from destroyed enemy vehicles.

Gliscor's job is almost the same as Rotom-W's, as if you're going to set-up and sweep, and tank some physical hits at the same time. It's a very self-explanatory set, but with a few twists such as: Facade over Ice Fang to decapacitate Rotom-W in the long run (hell, it's stronger than a super-effective Ice Fang when encountering Latios!) HP and Defense EV's are quite lessened that gives Gliscor 350 HP and 360 Defense, respectively (and that would make a little difference, actually), since the Speed really matters here to outrun other Gliscor and Rotom-W.

= = = = = = = = = =

"I have China's Blessing!"

Inexpensive and quick to build, the Battlemaster is designed to be rushed at the enemy in great numbers; groups of 5 or more Battlemasters gain a Horde Bonus, improving their rate of fire. While it is not as advanced as American tanks, nuclear upgrades are available, making it more formidable in the field. The tank lacks any anti-air protection and effective anti-infantry weapons, but can run down infantry.

Being an Artillery General, Xun Ling Nian's tanks automatically roll out with nuclear shell and nuclear engine upgrades. This feature is clearly seen in the tank design (clearly distinctive from the common Battlemaster), thus naming it the Devastator tank. The nuclear shell also has a "fallout" effect, similar to GLA's toxin shell upgrade.

I chose Gyarados over Dragonite is because Dragonite gives the team a quadruple Ice weaknesses, summing that up to three (with Heatran and Rotom-W being the only Pokemon resistant to it), and I don't want that to happen, given that Gliscor is quadruply weak to Ice as well. Gyarados is a monstrous being that devastates an entire city with his rage, thus this fits the role of the Devastator tank. Gyarados devastates an entire team when played properly, and of course, when Haxorus gets his job done--that is, it forms the second of the offensive core. Dragon Dance is the crux of the set here, and it's self-explanatory. Taunt makes my Gyarados vulnerable to the ubiquitous Scald from bulky Water-types, thus I used Substitute instead (it blocks Status as well!) I prefer Earthquake over Bounce because of Toxicroak issues (despite Gliscor handles it, bewaring of the Swords Dance variants), and Waterfall for STAB.

I think Moxie's not a viable option here, since Intimidate really helps in decapacitating Physical attackers, especially Ferrothorn (it deals 43% on average with Power Whip without Intimidate factored in).

= = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = =

There it is, the Command and Conquer Generals: Ground Zero for Wifi OU. This is one of the most successful teams I've made, nonetheless, there are flaws in this team, so I'm cordially inviting you to detect some of the glaring weaknesses in the team and how to resolve it to make it better. Of course, there is absolutely no perfect team; even the strongest of teams lose because of one thing: hax. What are you waiting for? Fire away your rates! :3

= = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = =

Overlord (Haxorus) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop

Avenger (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 188 HP / 104 Atk / 48 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Bulldoze
- Power Whip

Dragon Tank (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

Scorpion (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 168 Def / 104 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Facade

ECM Tank (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SAtk / 160 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Devastator (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 244 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

With this team, from 1287 in Wifi OU in the Pokemon Online Server:
(As of December 12, 2011, 10:52:15, GMT +8) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 94/71342 [1456 points / 236 battles]! <current peak>

Seeing as how you have a TormentTran that can easily spread burn I would definitely replace Will-o-wisp with Pain Split. The Pain Split Rotom looks like an awesome set, especially with the Para-support with Discharge.

I know you mentioned it, but I would really suggest Mold Breaker. A lot of players really do take Rivalry Haxorus into account and make their Skarm's/Forry's/whatever into Female, its just a click of a button. I would like to say that Mold Breaker is a good option for the Choice sets since you don't have to worry about the locking yourself into a ground type move. I think it helps with Multiscale Dragonite too.

Have you considered a wish passer for your team? 3/6 guys on your team have substitute. If they're broken consistently I wold awesome they would ware down pretty fast. Who's the weakest link on the team? To me it seems to be Gliscor since Gyarados plays a very similar role, but I wouldn't want to replace it if it seems to be working out for you. But if you could I would replace with support Latias.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Wish
- Protect

Latias Psychic typing keeps the fighting resistance Gliscor had and her Dragon typing still let's you have a electric switchin. Wish would provide all your substituters more longevity and heal your team mates in general. With this option you can still keep Will-o-Wisp on Rotom. Roar provides a phazer which your team would otherwise lack. Like I said I don't know if Gliscor is doing well for you or not, but I think this gives you some support you otherwise lacked.

Euphonos

Seeing as how you have a TormentTran that can easily spread burn I would definitely replace Will-o-wisp with Pain Split. The Pain Split Rotom looks like an awesome set, especially with the Para-support with Discharge.

I know you mentioned it, but I would really suggest Mold Breaker. A lot of players really do take Rivalry Haxorus into account and make their Skarm's/Forry's/whatever into Female, its just a click of a button. I would like to say that Mold Breaker is a good option for the Choice sets since you don't have to worry about the locking yourself into a ground type move. I think it helps with Multiscale Dragonite too.

Have you considered a wish passer for your team? 3/6 guys on your team have substitute. If they're broken consistently I wold awesome they would ware down pretty fast. Who's the weakest link on the team? To me it seems to be Gliscor since Gyarados plays a very similar role, but I wouldn't want to replace it if it seems to be working out for you. But if you could I would replace with support Latias.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Roar
- Wish
- Protect

Latias Psychic typing keeps the fighting resistance Gliscor had and her Dragon typing still let's you have a electric switchin. Wish would provide all your substituters more longevity and heal your team mates in general. With this option you can still keep Will-o-Wisp on Rotom. Roar provides a phazer which your team would otherwise lack. Like I said I don't know if Gliscor is doing well for you or not, but I think this gives you some support you otherwise lacked.
I thought of a Wish passer, but I don't see any good Wish passers for me since this Generation (despite the new mechanics of Wish). I think Latias over Gliscor is good here, thus replacing Ferrothorn with Skarmory. (Also, I'm going to replace the TormentTran set to something else.)

Nothing really sticks out at me in terms of defensive weaknesses. This team seems pretty solid.

The one thing I do notice, though, is lack of priority. You've got a lot of status that can potentially stop setup sweepers, which is great. Still, what about those times where you just need to revenge something real quick? I also don't see a scarf or an otherwise speedy poke that can come right in and knock something out for sure. Latias would give you some good speed if you're still planning on making that switch.

Emeral

toward new horizons
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
Just a little thing, you should run Volt Switch over Discharge on your Rotom. It works better...

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey bud, cool team you have there.

While Gliscor is great as both a sweeper and a wall, you lack any form of weather control and Chlorophyll Abusers such as Venusaur and Sawsbuck can rip through this team pretty quickly if they have attacks that can hit Heatran or Ferrothorn supereffectively such as Earthquake or Hidden Power Fire [most do]. Replacing Gliscor for Specially Defensive Hippowdon could turn out to be helpful, as it can destroy Toxicroak which you mentioned as a problem, and give you the ability to control the weather.

Here's the set:
Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar

You could also transfer Stealth Rock from Ferrothorn to Hippowdon in order to free up a space on Ferro for Spikes or Protect. Oh, and if you do go with Hippo, but Stone Edge over Earthquake on Gyarados, as it will increase your chances of beating Volt Switch Rotom-W, which is one of SubDD Gyara's main selling points.

Good luck!

First, what program di you use to make the thing at the top? Looks badass.

Main thing is on Gyarados, bounce or return over earthquake. Bounce is ideal, but it's accuracy and power are crap, so return is viable

Euphonos

Nothing really sticks out at me in terms of defensive weaknesses. This team seems pretty solid.

The one thing I do notice, though, is lack of priority. You've got a lot of status that can potentially stop setup sweepers, which is great. Still, what about those times where you just need to revenge something real quick? I also don't see a scarf or an otherwise speedy poke that can come right in and knock something out for sure. Latias would give you some good speed if you're still planning on making that switch.
Unfortunately, that's what I'm lacking right now. Thanks for that good point, but I don't find any Pokemon to be replaced with, since almost everyone stated that the team is already solid. I consider Latias there, but up to no avail (ended up being dead weight to me)

Gliscor hp evs should be 244 since it's a Poison Heal number, so it's more important than having 2 more def points.
Speed, you say? Actually, despite that Poison Heal number, I wanted to outrun most defensive Rotom-W variants and kill them with Facade. That's my purpose of having EV'd that way.

Just a little thing, you should run Volt Switch over Discharge on your Rotom. It works better...
Depending on my personal taste, Discharge looks better for me. Besides, spreading status is vital here (especially Paralysis).

Hey bud, cool team you have there.

While Gliscor is great as both a sweeper and a wall, you lack any form of weather control and Chlorophyll Abusers such as Venusaur and Sawsbuck can rip through this team pretty quickly if they have attacks that can hit Heatran or Ferrothorn supereffectively such as Earthquake or Hidden Power Fire [most do]. Replacing Gliscor for Specially Defensive Hippowdon could turn out to be helpful, as it can destroy Toxicroak which you mentioned as a problem, and give you the ability to control the weather.

Here's the set:
Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar

You could also transfer Stealth Rock from Ferrothorn to Hippowdon in order to free up a space on Ferro for Spikes or Protect. Oh, and if you do go with Hippo, but Stone Edge over Earthquake on Gyarados, as it will increase your chances of beating Volt Switch Rotom-W, which is one of SubDD Gyara's main selling points.

Good luck!
Sandstorm might be a great hindrance to my sweepers, especially to Haxorus. Yeah, most of the time, I lead with Haxorus to kill most leads outright, and when he got killed, he gets his job done. Gyarados might be problematic too if synergized with Hippowdon, since Sandstorm nullifies Leftovers recovery, thus he'll be using Substitute at most three times. Gliscor can also add the resistances to Fighting and immunity to Ground, and I don't want to rely solely on Gyarados to take Conkeldurr's Drain Punches and Paybacks.

First, what program di you use to make the thing at the top? Looks badass.

Main thing is on Gyarados, bounce or return over earthquake. Bounce is ideal, but it's accuracy and power are crap, so return is viable
Protect users are my concern here, especially Water Absorb Vaporeon, thus I'm going to use Earthquake over Bounce.

P.S.: I use Adobe PhotoShop for the banner and the Pokemon in-depth.

Epic team and what asterat said, other than that , the team i s s o l i d.
Thanks about that. I'm looking forward for more constructive and complimentary criticisms. :3

Hi,

Cool format dude. :) I could say, this team is pretty solid so I'll just nitpick. The first thing is, Tbolt > Discharge. While Discharge's 30% paralyze rate is cool, it seems contrary to your Will-O-Wisp as you are more likely to use WoW in some situations. Tbolt on the other hand, offers you more power.

Lastly, have you ever considered Bounce on Gyarados? It is fucking cool. Since most steel types are already pounded hard by Waterfall and team nowadays use pokemons that has the ability Levitate, Air Balloon or their just flying. So what's the point of EQ? It helps you battle Celebi and other grass types that would enjoy switching into your Waterfall/Earthquake. It also helps you battle Dragonite since you are lacking Stone Edge. Bounce also provides you with another STAB move, so even if your opponent switches out, they will take a heck load of damage.

You are also lacking priority which the above already stated. I will rate again, hope this helps! Good Luck! :)

you should make the rotom-w a offensive special variant with choise scarf.
and you should make ferrothorn a bit more defensive. No need to fear magnezones because of the team preview. If you play your moves carefully there won't be any problems.

rotom-w
252 spa 252 spe timid
volt switch
hp ice
hydropump
trick

ferrothorn everything the same just make him more defensive and put sr/leech seed instead of bulldoze

Euphonos

Hi,

Cool format dude. :) I could say, this team is pretty solid so I'll just nitpick. The first thing is, Tbolt > Discharge. While Discharge's 30% paralyze rate is cool, it seems contrary to your Will-O-Wisp as you are more likely to use WoW in some situations. Tbolt on the other hand, offers you more power.

Lastly, have you ever considered Bounce on Gyarados? It is fucking cool. Since most steel types are already pounded hard by Waterfall and team nowadays use pokemons that has the ability Levitate, Air Balloon or their just flying. So what's the point of EQ? It helps you battle Celebi and other grass types that would enjoy switching into your Waterfall/Earthquake. It also helps you battle Dragonite since you are lacking Stone Edge. Bounce also provides you with another STAB move, so even if your opponent switches out, they will take a heck load of damage.

You are also lacking priority which the above already stated. I will rate again, hope this helps! Good Luck! :)
Yep. Bounce over Earthquake on Gyarados, as everyone insisted. Anyway, lack of priority my glaring flaw right now, and I don't have anything to mitigate that problem (even most raters know that). I don't want Haxorus to be replaced by Dragonite just for ExtremeSpeed. Do you have any more suggestions? =/

you should make the rotom-w a offensive special variant with choise scarf.
and you should make ferrothorn a bit more defensive. No need to fear magnezones because of the team preview. If you play your moves carefully there won't be any problems.

rotom-w
252 spa 252 spe timid
volt switch
hp ice
hydropump
trick

ferrothorn everything the same just make him more defensive and put sr/leech seed instead of bulldoze
Still, I fear Magnezone much because there are some cases Ferrothorn nets a KO and Magnezone was summoned and all that, so I remain Bulldoze (also, Jirachi in Rain poses a threat to my team, thus I use Bulldoze as a last resort against that Pokemon, but needs more Attack EV's for that). Plus, I'm not so fond of using Volt Switch on any Rotom Forme, it's just that, Discharge is more viable than Volt Switch...

Yep. Bounce over Earthquake on Gyarados, as everyone insisted. Anyway, lack of priority my glaring flaw right now, and I don't have anything to mitigate that problem (even most raters know that). I don't want Haxorus to be replaced by Dragonite just for ExtremeSpeed. Do you have any more suggestions? =/
The team now is pretty solid as it looks and it's really hard to replace a pokemon. Gliscor seems the best option here since it's job in this team isn't that necessary. If you're looking for a priority user, of course the first to come to your mind is Scizor. Scizor > Gliscor. Scizor will be an awesome addition to this team. It also allows Heatran to switch in with ease and lay your rocks. CBzor also pairs well with Rotom-W. They form an offensive core which punishes opposing walls.

Lastly, I want to suggest changing Rotom-W into a standard set with Volt Switch/WoW/Pain Split/Hydro Pump. With this set, it allows you to scout and gain momentum at the same time. This also makes Scizor scout and deal a lot of damage with it's U-turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)