Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a snafu involving a battle that never started has left me with an open slot, so I'm issuing an Open NFE Battle.

2v2 Doubles
2 day DQ time
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions: No water source, No digging, No rain or hail, No Grass Knot

Description: About 20m in diameter, this battlefield is the aerie of the Tower of Heaven, a colossus that extends high into the atmosphere, and home to an entity simply known as the Deity. Golden blocks litter the battlefield, about two to three meters apart, and are both a size and weight class of 1. The battlefield is so high up that it pierces the clouds, which makes rain and hail impossible, but the open sky and all the dust atop the tower make sun and sandstorms viable. The floor is made of tough, thick stone, and is thus impossible to dig through. It's also devoid of water or vegetation, so Grass Knot or certain water moves like surf are impossible. While a pokemon that can fly or levitate can return to the battlefield if s/he is thrown off the tower, those who can't will fall to their deaths (translation: instant KO). Seismic moves are allowed, as the tower somehow repairs damage to it by itself. Finally, since the Deity does run this tower, you must adhere to whatever law He dictates, or else He's gonna smite ya.

The Book of Laws: At the end of each round, the ref will rng d20. Whatever number it hits, the corresponding law in the list below will be in effect for the following round. If a law is explicitly defined to take place on a certain round (e.g. "thou shalt not waste my time" in round 20), then that law will be in effect instead. Only one law will be in effect at a time.

Each pokemon involved in the battle has an individual smite counter, which is set to 1. At the end of each round, if a pokemon at some point in the round has broken the law currently in effect, the deity will smite the offending pokemon, dealing a typeless (10 * smite counter) in damage. Following penalty, the offending pokemon's smite counter will be increased by 1, to a maximum of 5. Switching the pokemon out will reset its smite counter to 1.

The potential laws are as follows:

1: The Book of Laws is blank - No law is in effect this round. Go nuts! By default, this law will be in effect during the first round of battle.
2: Thou shalt not touch the golden blocks - The pokemon may not touch any of the golden blocks littered on the battlefield. If a pokemon is knocked to the ground or hit with a critical, the ref will rng d6. If a 6 is rolled, the pokemon accidentally touches a golden block and will be penalized. Moves that employ telekinesis to throw golden blocks at a foe will not result in a penalty - in fact, connecting such an attack will penalize the enemy!
3: Thou shalt not shake the earth - The pokemon may not use any seismic moves.
4: Thou shalt not touch another living being - The pokemon may not make physical contact with each other or any other living being (e.g. bullet seed, leech seed). If one pokemon touches the other, both will be penalized.
5: Thou shalt not leave the ground - The pokemon may not fly, levitate, jump, or otherwise be in the air. If a pokemon is knocked away or hit with a critical, the ref will rng d6. If a 6 is rolled, the pokemon is lifted from the ground briefly and will be penalized.
6: Thou shalt not walk - The pokemon may not walk, run or slither across the ground. The pokemon may, however, jump across the ground, fly or otherwise travel through the air, provided it doesn't need to walk or run to get momentum going.
7: Thou shalt not tamper with the weather - The pokemon may not use any weather-changing moves or abilities, like sunny day, sand stream or the weather-clearing command of cloud nine. Any current weather in play will not be affected.
8: Thou shalt not incapacitate - The pokemon may not use moves that induce status ailments. Any status inducing moves (e.g. toxic spikes) that were in play before this law came into effect are excluded.
9: Thou shalt not flee - Switching pokemon is prohibited in this round. If a pokemon does switch out, the deity will smite it before the switch takes effect, rather than at the end of the round like usual. If the ref rngs this law in a battle where switching out results in a KO, then s/he will treat it as if s/he rolled a 1 instead.
10: Thou shalt not invoke [type] - Moves of the type specified by the law are prohibited. The ref will rng d17 to determine the type:
1: Normal
2: Fire
3: Water
4: Electric
5: Grass
6: Ice
7: Fighting
8: Poison
9: Ground
10: Flying
11: Psychic
12: Bug
13: Rock
14: Ghost
15: Dragon
16: Dark
17: Steel
11: Thou shalt not be a coward - The pokemon may only use damaging moves. You may use non-damaging moves in a combo attack, provided the combined attack does damage (e.g. Weather Ball with Will-o-wisp). Moreover, the cooldown that follows a combo move will not result in a penalty.
12: Thou shalt not kill - The pokemon may not directly KO the opponent. KOing a pokemon through indirect damage (e.g. Toxic, Leech Seed) will not result in a penalty.
13: Thou shalt not heal - The pokemon may not use recovery or chills. If the ref rngs this law in a battle where recovery is prohibited to begin with, then s/he will treat it as if s/he rolled a 1 instead.
14: Thou shalt not harm - The pokemon may only use non-damaging moves. Indirect damaging moves like toxic or leech seed are allowed.
15: Thou shalt not protect thyself - The pokemon may not dodge or otherwise attempt to prevent damage done to itself (e.g. using barrier to deflect contact moves).
16: Thou shalt not employ thine talents - The pokemon may not use ablilties that can be activated or enabled. If an ability can be disabled, it must be disabled before the end of the round to avoid penalty. Traits and innate abilities will not be penalized.
17: Thou shalt not overpower thine foe - If the percentage of the pokemon's HP exceeds the percentage of its foe's HP by at least 40% by the end of the round (e.g. yours is at 90% HP while your foe's is at 12%), the pokemon will suffer a penalty.
18: Thou shalt not be a weakling - If the percentage of the pokemon's HP is less than the percentage of its foe's HP by at least 40% by the end of the round (e.g. yours is at 12% HP while your foe's is at 90%), the pokemon will suffer a penalty.
19: Thou shalt not speak - Sound-based moves are prohibited.
20: Thou shalt not inflict grievous damage - If a pokemon's attack lands a critical hit, it suffers a penalty.

There's also a law that always takes effect on the 20th round, and again every additional ten rounds:

Thou shalt not waste my time
- The deity is pissed at how long the fight's taking, and smites both pokemon at the end of the round. What an asshole!
lucarioisawesome said:
..... accepting.....
All abilities
Items OFF
Switch= THE GREAT DOOM GOOD OF LOL
*ker-repost for ref!*

Challenging Glacier!
3v3 Training Triples
No recoveries or chills
Arena: Perish Graveyard
A spooky graveyard with a mystical quality about it. The scene is set at night, but the breathtakingly beautiful starlight allows all Pokemon to see. There is no water nearby but the battle is treated like there is for all moves but dive. Seismic moves are A-OK. But here's the deal: the eerie, mystical music that plays in the background is actually Perish Song! Well, sort of. The perish song picks up on all attacks used, making every attacking move 3 BP stronger. In five rounds all Pokemon still on the field will faint from the perish song. Pokemon with soundproof are not immune to this and the effect cannot be removed through phasing.

Training items are OK

Open challenge on another of Objection's shiny new arenas.

4v4 doubles
Completely unevolved mons only
3-day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena: Bloons

The pokemon are high in the sky on a circular wooden platform with a 100ft diameter. No external water source, rocks or grass can be found on this platform. The platform is too thin to Dig through as well, but the wood is strong enough to allow seismic moves.

Each pokemon starts the battle equipped with 5 darts. Once per round, a pokemon may throw a dart for 5 energy with the Throw Dart command. This cannot be Encored but can be prevented by Taunt, Torment and Embargo. The thrown dart will pop a randomly-chosen balloon and that balloon will have a specified effect. Here are the balloons along with their chances of being popped and their effects:
  • Normal balloon (25% chance): no effect
  • Tack balloon (10% chance): deals 10 damage to all opponents
  • Spike ball balloon (10% chance): deals 25 damage to the opponent with the highest health*
  • Bomb balloon (10% chance): deals 25 damage to the opponent with the lowest health*
  • Ice balloon (10% chance): freezes the opponent with the highest health* for 1 action
  • Bee balloon (10% chance): does 10 damage per action to the opponent with the highest health* for 3 actions
  • Extra dart balloon (10% chance): gives the pokemon 1 dart
  • Triple dart balloon (5% chance): gives the pokemon 3 darts
  • Boomerang balloon (5% chance): gives the pokemon 1 boomerang and allows them to use the Throw Boomerang command, which works like throwing a dart except it also does 10 damage to the opponent with the highest health* and can be used while taunted but cannot be used if the pokemon is throwing a dart in the same round
  • Lightsaber Balloon (5% chance): pops 2 balloons from this list (if one of those is another lightsaber balloon, reroll for that balloon)
*If it's a tie, choose randomly among the tied pokemon with an equal chance for each.

Double post, buuuuut... Challenging Temperantia!

We've agreed via VM on

6v6 Doubles
2 recovers, 5 chills
No Items
All Abilities
Switch = KO
3 Day DQ
Arena is my choice, and I pick Kaxtar's Evil Circus!

Evil Circus: Field Type: Neutral; Complexity: Intense; Format: All

It seemed like a great idea at the time, to go to the circus to have a good old friendly brawl. But then that damn evil Puppet Master came and ruined all the fun. Drat... but the fight must go on! At the end of each round, the Puppet Master will cast a tricky effect, directly attack both pokemon, or summon a wild pokemon to attack and harass the competitors. He cannot be attack directly, but the Puppet Master's attacks can be defended against.

Summary: A traveling circus with an evil Puppet in the background, who will active one of the following effects at the end of each round: Use Wonder Room, use Trick Room, use Magic Room, use a ThunderBolt on all pokemon, use an Ice Beam on all Pokemon, use a Flamethrower on all pokemon, summon a wild Drifblimb to attack, summon a wild Houndoom to attack, or summon a Mr. Mime to attack. Each effect has the same chance of happening (1/9). The puppet master cannot be attacked.

No weather is allowed inside the circus tent, and the ground is dig-able. There are also standard items that you would expect to find in a traveling circus, such as large crates and performing pokemon in cages. I heavily encourage the ref to be creative with the crates and caged pokemon; anything from legendaries to explosives to items.

Note: This arena is inspired by the game Shining Force, when the evil puppet kidnaps the grandson of the mayor. To any who haven't played this game, I heavily recommend it; it is one of the best Strategy RPGs of all time.

Sorry, Terrador, but I'll have to drop your battle, seeing as it still doesn't have a ref.

In other news, I'll replace that slot with an open challenge.

2v2 doubles
1 middlemon, 1 LC mon
3 day DQ
No recover, 5 chills

Any arena you want except ASB or Unown Soup

COME AT ME BRO

Note to potential refs: One of the mons I plan to use has not been approved yet, and the other is an LC that will evolve immediately when sent out. Just a heads up. I'll send my team when the one gets approved, if it hasn't already. Ignore the strikeouts. Thanks EP!

Double post, buuuuut... Challenging Temperantia!

We've agreed via VM on

6v6 Doubles
2 recovers, 5 chills
No Items
All Abilities
Switch = KO
3 Day DQ
Arena is my choice, and I pick Kaxtar's Evil Circus!
Confirming this. (Late, I know, but I got linked to TvTropes a few hours ago, and well... you know the rest.)

Please to be reffing, por favor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)