[Checks and Counters]

-Scarf electric-types like Raichu
-Steel-types can take almost anything
-Alomomola can take hits
-Priority
-Burns

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Switcheroo should be slashed on the Choice Band set, Floatzel is going to lure in walls like crazy since it outspeeds most sweepers and it's in the perfect position to neuter them.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Band should be the main slash on the Choice set, and Aqua Jet and Switcheroo slashed on. Not sure how necessary Ice Punch is.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I do agree Band should be first set - Floatzel is built really well for that role already. Baton Pass also needs to be mentioned on the BU set because it can actually do that decently.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
CB Should look like:

-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Ice Punch
-Switcheroo/Aqua Jet

with Return in AC. Switcheroo is really a great move to use since you can do silly things like cripple Slowking/Lanturn and stop them from doing whatever. Aqua Jet is good so you can get a quick hit in on Swellow and other weakened scarf mons. Return isn't really that good when you have Ice Punch and Crunch for coverage.

For Baton Pass, maybe mention the possibility of a bulkier spread? I don't have one in mind but you could definitely switch to Adamant and drop down the speed if you can find a good level to drop it to. I'll look into this more in a bit.

Also, Water Veil, not Water Viel.

I'd like to see a Rain Dance set added, something like:

[SET]
name: Rain Dance
move 1: Waterfall
move 2: Crunch / Brick Break
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Rain Dance
item: Damp Rock
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Rash
evs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

I'm pretty sure Floatzel outspeeds everything with a rain boost, but I'll let QC weigh in on the EV spread

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Omicron what exactly does Ice Beam do that Ice Punch doesn't? I have no idea what that set is trying to accomplish.

Also good catch on Water Veil being illegal with Ice Punch, that should be mentioned in other options (something to the effect of "Water Veil can be used if you don't need Ice Punch, in its place Ice Fang can be used for less power but the added piece of mind).

Rain Dance boosts Floatzel's STAB and lets it outspeed most scarfers, Ice Beam hits Tangela harder.... but I guess Ice Punch is better in NU.

But regardless, I think Rain Dance is actually a pretty good set, and if Floatzel gets KOed, there are other things that can take advantage of the rain, such as Armaldo, Golduck, Gorebyss, Huntail, and idk some others

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
wouldnt it be better to have ice punch and then move the spA evs to other areas to make floatzel more bulky?
so it can actually take a hit while setting up rain?

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hitting Tangela really isn't important especially if you're on a dedicated rain team; you have stuff like Gorebyss for that. I'd rather run Ice Punch and use those EVs elsewhere if I can. You also don't really want to run no speed since you'll underspeed things like Jolly Sawk. I'd shoot for 299 Speed so you can outpace Rotom-S/F, at least. Beyond that you can play around with the bulk and see how well it plays.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ice Punch is also illegal with Switcheroo.
You can breed Switcheroo onto it in 4th gen and tutor it Ice Punch there. You just can't do it along with Water Veil (like Ice Punch in general)

Edit: Never mind, apparently the source I looked it up at was wrong...

I've got SS as Floatzel's ability along with Waterfall and Crunch, and when I put Switcheroo on its fine, but when I add Ice Punch it won't let me. So either something is wrong with my Create-a-Team, it doesn't work on PO, or it's illegal.

Edit: I'm fairly certain Switcheroo is only an Egg Move in Gen V, assuming as such, it would be illegal with Ice Punch.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've got SS as Floatzel's ability along with Waterfall and Crunch, and when I put Switcheroo on its fine, but when I add Ice Punch it won't let me. So either something is wrong with my Create-a-Team, it doesn't work on PO, or it's illegal.
Okay I apologize, apparently where I was looking up had it wrong, it doesn't learn Switcheroo in 4th gen after all.

Honestly I used Ice Fang with Water Veil and Switcheroo myself.

Okay I apologize, apparently where I was looking up had it wrong, it doesn't learn Switcheroo in 4th gen after all.

Honestly I used Ice Fang with Water Veil and Switcheroo myself.
Yeah, I use the same thing, just thought the Punch thing needed to be pointed out though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)